This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Chapstick Brand

minibabe

Barbie Wickham Explorer

I too am anxiously awaiting for that miraculous day of “I FEEL GREAT!!”

I do feel a lot better than before my DX and I’m eating 100% gluten-free, and am taking 25 mg of Dapsone a day, every time I try to stop the Dapsone, I break out. So not worth it, guess my body needs that wee boost, but I’m still only about 60% of my former self.... But! We WILL get there. Have faith. ? 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

LilyR Rising Star

I was just coming here to ask people what lip balms or chap sticks you use that seem safe.  I have been using Burt's Bees pomegranate flavor lip balm lately and have been having stomach issues, so it just dawned on me I better check it out.  I see that some posts here people are saying they use Burts Bees with good results, but I looked online at their FAQ section and it says it cannot say their products are gluten free. 

Open Original Shared Link

But I noticed the replies here are a few years old and someone told me Burts Bees was bought out a few years ago, so I was wondering if people are still having good luck using Burts Bees lip products even now? 

What lip balms or chap sticks is everyone here using and happy with in the past year or currently? 

Thanks.

cyclinglady Grand Master

I buy EOS which marked Gluten Free.  I can get it in bulk at Costco in yummy flavors.  If you are in doubt or in a pinch,  try Plain old Vaseline or Coconut Oil.  

Erica Hendricks Rookie

I used Burts Bees in the past but also saw on their website that it may not be safe. I've been using Eco Lips or EOS, which are both labeled gluten-free, and haven't had any issues. 

Victoria1234 Experienced

Burts bees is not good to me, and neither is carmex. Probably a weird allergy of mine. I've been using my hand lotion that is gluten free over my lips while I'm dragging my feet to find something new. 

LilyR Rising Star

Thanks for the replies, everyone. It helps a lot because my lips are getting horrible and i see that EOS brand in all the stores so I'll grab some tomorrow.I'm not sure I've seen the Eco one. I was just about to go look up Vaseline as worst case scenario.  I like Badger too, but wanted to wait and order from them a little after the holidays and get more sunscreen too and just get it all at once. They have some yummy looking lip flavors in their gluten-free section.  I am glad to know I was not the only one that didn't have luck with Burts Bees.  I was wondering if that was what was bothering my stomach so stopped using it. 

Archived