This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Elizabeth Hasselhoff - The View

Lisa

CeliaCruz Rookie
ISorry, I have to whole heartedly disagree with you on the fact that she's faking Celiac. That's one thing I don't think anyone would do - unless they need a lot of attention, and have probelms.

Ah, but Bitsy has never actually come out and announced that she's a Celiac. Read the previous posts.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast
Compared to Bitsy, she sure is.

Not to mention the Academy Award, the fact that she's a Goodwill Ambassador to the UN AND she's having Brad Pitt's baby. Maybe not everyone likes her but I don't think "cool" is such an outrageous claim here.

Still, no matter what she does, I"ll always think of her as a homewrecker and rather unstable....third marriage coming up? See how long this one lasts.

And, I disagree - Hasselback is wholesome and adorable, I think, a counteragent to the fun cynicism of the show!

Susan

CeliaCruz Rookie
Still, no matter what she does, I"ll always think of her as a homewrecker and rather unstable....third marriage coming up? See how long this one lasts.

Right...because absolutely no one in this country has ever gotten divorced ever...except Angelina Jolie. Certainly no one who posts on these boards has ever had a failed marriage or anything. And Bitsy's marriage is forever. I'm sure. She's -- what? -- twenty five? [snort]

jerseyangel Proficient
And Bitsy's marriage is forever. I'm sure. She's -- what? -- twenty five? [snort]

:lol: You sound like you might also post on another site--one that I enjoy lurking on ;)

happygirl Collaborator

Aw, I like Elisabeth! :D

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Jolie is a narcisist at best. Harmless, unless you're a handsome man's wife, but only an interest because she does things others wouldn't for the attention it gets her.

penguin Community Regular
Why can't we have a cool celebrity...like Angelina Jolie

Because Angelina is too busy adopting Ethiopia.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast

And stealing husbands....what was wrong with Jen, after all? Okay I'm giving the Pitt/Jolie marriage um.....two years.

Right...because absolutely no one in this country has ever gotten divorced ever...except Angelina Jolie. Certainly no one who posts on these boards has ever had a failed marriage or anything. And Bitsy's marriage is forever. I'm sure. She's -- what? -- twenty five? [snort]

I think Bitsy will be okay...

It probably WOULD be difficult being hitched to Billy Bob, but he and Angelina seemed perfectly matched - I"m surprised it failed - ;)

(you are quite funny with your observations, I'll give you that)

Nantzie Collaborator

I like what I've seen of Elizabeth. I have to wonder if she is being constantly glutened by Joy. Joy just seems to be the type who would go into Elizabeth's gluten-free food stash and touching everything with gluten-y hands, just to be a b****. I've never been a fan of The View at all, and am even less of a fan of Joy, who always seems to go out of her way to be horrible. I think maybe Elizabeth deals with a lot of mysterious glutenings and brainfog. <_<

As for Angelina, I've been compared to her (back in my skinnier days). My husband used to like her, but said that once she married Billy Bob, the whole situation just grossed him out. :lol:

Nancy

Lisa Mentor

Tee-hee, good one :P

Jnkmnky Collaborator
I like what I've seen of Elizabeth. I have to wonder if she is being constantly glutened by Joy. Joy just seems to be the type who would go into Elizabeth's gluten-free food stash and touching everything with gluten-y hands, just to be a b****. I've never been a fan of The View at all, and am even less of a fan of Joy, who always seems to go out of her way to be horrible. I think maybe Elizabeth deals with a lot of mysterious glutenings and brainfog. <_<

As for Angelina, I've been compared to her (back in my skinnier days). My husband used to like her, but said that once she married Billy Bob, the whole situation just grossed him out. :lol:

Nancy

Joy reminds me of my horrible mil. BLECH! :angry: And I've only been able to watch that stupid show about a half dozen times. Nothing about it appeals to me. Eh, I'm not a tv person anyway.

Lisa Mentor

I love them all. It reminds me of what I left in DC, when I left to marry and raise two girl. I would not have traded that for a million (hum, well no). Don't some of you ever wonder what life would have been like, if you did not take that turn in the road.

I would not have traded it, but I do wonder..... I was in politics in Washington. I do wonder where I would have ended up. :unsure: PS- I was NEVER AN INTERN. :lol:

Rikki Tikki Explorer

As far as I can tell she has not answered that question. She has mentioned she does not eat gluten but does not say why. She hasen't responded to any emails either, so maybe we will just have to wait and see if she ever tells. It would be nice if she did, then we could have someone speak out about it. I know many of us emailed Oprah last year trying to get her to address celiac, but no luck so far. It's too bad because awarness could really be raised about celiac which would make doctors and patients aware of it, might even save a few lives.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

:lol::lol:

That made me laugh! I gotta say though....I'm with CeliaCruz on this one...I'd much rather have someone like Angelina Jolie as a spokesperson than this other person...ummm what was her name again? I havent watched The View in years so dont know who she is and I must have not watched that season of survivor either...I have no clue who she is.

It doesnt sound like she's owning up to being Celiac (if she even is)....I know Angelina wouldnt hold back if she was a Celiac....she puts it all out there....nothing "fake" about her....thats why I like her. She does what she wants and she tells it like it is. She doesnt care what people think.

Jen, she seems sweet and all but I get the feeling she cared more about her career then her mariage and now she's regretting it...too late. She was self absorbed and I think it cost her her marriage. I think she has self-esteem issues as well.

debmidge Rising Star

The Jen/Brad/Angelina thing reminds me of the Debbie Reynolds/Liz Taylor/Eddie Fisher thing of the 50's .... Debbie was married to Eddie and Liz stole him away - same as Brad/Jen. Nothing changes in Hollywood.

I never watch The View; it's on while I am at work. I can't take Star Jones anyway. Hopefully EH will return emails or mention them on the show. That would be nice.

As to Angelina adopting Ethopia, well I wish she'd adopt some from USA. I can't stand celebrities who "poop where they eat."

Canadian Karen Community Regular
:lol::lol:

I know Angelina wouldnt hold back if she was a Celiac....she puts it all out there....nothing "fake" about her....thats why I like her.

Except her lips....... <_<;)

Karen

Rachel--24 Collaborator

:lol:

Naaaaw, I think those are real too. She's got them in her childhood pics and in the pics I've seen of her Mom....looks like she's got those same lips. Maybe she "enhances" them but I doubt it...she doesnt seem the type.

Karen

I think they're real, too. My freakin' gorgeous college roomate has them also. I love her, but I hate that she's so gorgeous.... <_<

lonewolf Collaborator

I know you're being funny, and I'm not offended - but please be careful and sensitive about what you joke about. I have an adopted son from overseas (he needed a home just as badly as any child in the US) and I have friends who just adopted 2 from Ethiopia. I don't care for Angelina Jolie one little bit, but her splash on the media with her adoptions has raised awareness of the need for adoptive homes for children all over the world.

I know you're being funny, and I'm not offended - but please be careful and sensitive about what you joke about. I have an adopted son from overseas (he needed a home just as badly as any child in the US) and I have friends who just adopted 2 from Ethiopia. I don't care for Angelina Jolie one little bit, but her splash on the media with her adoptions has raised awareness of the need for adoptive homes for children all over the world.

Really? You do sound offended. I in no way implied that it was a bad thing that she is adopting children. I'm all for it, my dad was adopted, my cousins are adopted. Yay for adoption, I'd like to adopt a child myself. There are children all over the world that need homes, and it doesn't matter to me where those homes are found, as long as they're good homes.

I don't think I should have to defend myself for something that was in no way spiteful or remotely offensive. I'll refrain from making jokes in the future, since I'm not good at walking on eggshells and being politically correct.

I'm sorry for being insensitive.

lonewolf Collaborator
Really? You do sound offended. I in no way implied that it was a bad thing that she is adopting children. I'm all for it, my dad was adopted, my cousins are adopted. Yay for adoption, I'd like to adopt a child myself.

I don't think I should have to defend myself for something that was in no way spiteful or remotely offensive. I'll refrain from making jokes in the future, since people are obviously too sensitive.

Whoa baby! Calm down. You don't need to "defend yourself". It takes a lot more than a comment on a Celiac message board to offend me. Like I said, I don't care for Angelina in the slightest, but she has raised awareness of the plight of children all over the world that need homes. I simply asked you to be sensitive - there are many people on this board that have internationally adopted children.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

You know what I think is hilarious? This thread started out about a TV personality who may have Celiac (she really SHOULD talk about it if that 's the case but I wonder if the producers won't let her?)- and has turned into heated opinions on ....big lips, marriage wreckers, Hollywood scandals and overseas adoptions...

Poor Elizabeth Hasselbeck, she doesn't even know what kind of trouble she's causing here! :blink:

jerseyangel Proficient

You never know what kind of twists and turns a thread will end up making :D

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Especially on a full moon! :rolleyes:

I still think nobody is blessed naturally with lips like that - they've been "enhanced".

Karen

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I still think nobody is blessed naturally with lips like that - they've been "enhanced".

Karen

My friends and I have discussed this exact topic, as we ponder various surgical procedures in our advancing years...and we think, though they are freakishly large, they are real.....note the wrinkles - lips with collagen are stretched tight, no wrinkles (bet you never thought about this in detail, did you?) :)

susan

Archived