• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
skinnyminny

What To Eat When Your Tummy Hurts?

Rate this topic

I have had an upset stomach for a week now, and feel extremly sick. I still am eating, but use to eat saltine crackers and bland food when my stomach is upset I have been eating a lot of peanut butter banannas does anyone have any suggestions to some bland foods that wont upset my already turned stomach?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

It varies for me - apple sauce often works. Almonds sometimes. Tea w/ honey.

Sorry to here you feel so bad-but I do understand! <_<

For me, I always have rice. I really like the jasmine rice, it has a nutty kind of flavor. Also, if you can do dairy, I like cottage cheese and yogurt. Those tend to get me through when I feel really icky!

Hope your better soon!

Lollie

I have had an upset stomach for a week now, and feel extremly sick. I still am eating, but use to eat saltine crackers and bland food when my stomach is upset I have been eating a lot of peanut butter banannas does anyone have any suggestions to some bland foods that wont upset my already turned stomach?

Hi--sorry you feel so yucky :( I would suggest eating something different--like rice bread toast, cream of rice cereal, gluten-free broth, tea, or any bland, cooked thing that sounds good to you. I would switch off the peanut butter and bananas for a day or 2 at least--if they have not helped by now, maybe they are not what your body is needing. Since I've been gluten-free, I can only tolerate PB once or twice a week. Hope you feel better soon! :)

Sorry you feel so crappy...

I'd go for non-high fiber cooked to death fruits and veggies, and plain meats if you can handle it.

Applesauce, canned pears and peaches (in their own juices), nothing very acidic.

I miss saltines, too. :(

Ads by Google:

You might want to try camomile tea. Anything with ginger can be helpful as well.

Thank you all so much I guess I have just had a little virus that has taken a while to get out of my system, I had some good homemade bread for lunch with peanutbutter, and I just had some apple sauce with peanut butter mixed in, if you cant tell that is my comfort food, and helps me add some protein and dense calories, I cant stand to loose any weight!

I've read that bananas are good for a damaged intestine.

I've read that bananas are good for a damaged intestine.

Yea they are good Iv had one today too, its a convient food when you don't feel so hot!

When I feel yucky I tend to favor tea (regular or peppermint) and white rice. This may sound crazy but I still lean towards a bagel (gluten free ofcourse) when I feel sick. I'll toast a Glutino bagel and put some peanut butter on it.

Hope you feel better soon. :(

Ads by Google:

I had read somewhere that Kale is very healing for the intestine. Even early in my diagnosis I ate a lot of it. Unlike some green veggies that are hard to digest, kale really does make my gut feel better. I saute it in a little olive oil, and sometimes mix it with Lundgren Family Farms brown riceor Bob's Creamy Hot Rice Ceral.

Sounds a little crazy, but I was willing to try anything. The sauteed kale all by itself really works for me.

Potatoes always feel good on my stomach when it is hurting. Either baked or nuked and I add EVOO and salt for taste.

You might want to try a different nut butter or hemp seeds for protein. Also, I can ususally tolarate rice protein powder in water. Juice is always too strong when my stomach is upset.

Hope you feel better soon ... marcia

Thank you, my nauesa just doesn't make since, I am not eating ANY gluten and the past few months only eat dairy if I have taken a lactaid, it doesn't make since so I have cut out all dairy, it seems to be worse after I eat and makes me have PAIN, I just can't figure it out.

I've noticed that I feel that way from time to time. I think it is worse when i eat less or not at all. Although it hurts when I eat. It seems to get better when i can get back to a regular diet. Have you decreased your intake of food? Just a thought. Do you take anything like pepcid? Sometimes I just make way too much acid.

I hope you feel better!

Lollie

soup-chicken, glutano crackers (like saltines), sprite--that is always my first go to and always seems to help.

First I would like to tell you Laura, that I love that you go by Lollie, I am Laura too, and my grandmom's name is Lollie, and I love it! I plan to have a little girl one day and name her that.

Well, I am tryin to eat as much as I feel like, I am eating about 1500 calories the past few days which is lower than normal, but im tryin to eat alittle along, my dad is a true believer in taking a donatal, stomach spasm relaxer thing, my brother teases me that its a sugar pill, but I am tryin to listen to my dad, I am going to try to intake more food today, so far Iv had a whole Gillians roll toasted and scrambled eggs, strawberries. And Im about to eat a pack of Almonds. So I am puttin forth some effort, hopefully soon I will feel back to eating like I love to, like I said my gentics are naturally thin so I have to pack on the food to maintain my weight, Im about 105 and 5'7