This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
It is with great sadness that I have to say that I won't be able to get my teeth done for 2-3 years. :(:( We have another obligation (bill) we need to tend to and we are going to work on some other bills next year. We'll stay on the toxin binders so I'm thinking that will help keep me from getting worse. We've canceled our ART/ASYRA and won't be seeing Dr E for that long either.

I'm sorry Andrea....I know how much you wanted to get this taken care of. :(

Glad you're going to be able to stay on the binders in the meantime. 2 years goes by pretty fast...it'll be here before you know it. You were going to wait for your dentist.....so maybe now he'll wait for you. ;)

I still dont have my appt. I gotta call back on Thurs. Its a pain trying to scedule with this new Dr. :rolleyes:

If I cant get in on Thurs I'm about ready to just call and set it up with Anna....but I dont know how Dr. P. would feel about that. :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

So I'm pretty sure that sulfur/sulfites are one of the main contributers to my constipation issues. <_<

...and then oxaltes seem to have the opposite effect..... loose stools or D.

Maybe this is why I was regular while eating all that chocolate ice cream?? :huh:

Dairy = sulfur

Chocolate = oxalates

For me dairy is usually causing constipation and high oxalates (chocolate) cause loose stools and weight loss.

Maybe they were canceling each other out in this case??

Rachel--24 Collaborator
So If I use energetic testing to detect parasites, do you think Naet or Bioset would be better.

April,

Maybe its because you are no longer gluten-free?? That might be why you have the bloating and yuckiness again.

As far as BioSet vs. NAET....personally, I think its more important to find the best practitioner. People get good results from either one but the skills/experience of the practitioner is what I would look at first.

aprilh Apprentice
Well, it turns out my SAM/SAH results were done a whole month ago...apparently they were filed in my chart without giving me a copy and weren't found when they looked for me I guess.... My doctor marked them as being OK though they are out of range on the lab range. I need to see if I can figure anything out from them.

I picked up my Vitamin D levels and was shocked; the 25 OH Vit D dropped to 8 from 54 the beginning of July, which seems impossible given how I am supplementing. The office is checking with the lab as I suspect an error, and now I have an appointment next Monday to see my LLMD in case this is an accurate test.

Sherry

:o:o

April,

Maybe its because you are no longer gluten-free?? That might be why you have the bloating and yuckiness again.

As far as BioSet vs. NAET....personally, I think its more important to find the best practitioner. People get good results from either one but the skills/experience of the practitioner is what I would look at first.

I know that seems the most obvious, and is probably contributing to some of it. But, I was strict gluten free for a year and I still had almost all of my symptoms. I do remember the neck pain lessening because the inflammation lessened.

I have been really trying to cut back to lessen the burden with the digestive issues....but I really feel like there is something else going on.

I am thinking I should try gluten free again...just to see. But its so hard going BACK!

That's why I don't really know what to do next. I feel like some kind of energetic testing will help guide me in the right direction. I am always pretty much guessing on things and expiramenting. I need more direction.

I will see about doing some research on how to find the best practitioner, but I don't really know about how to go about that.

aprilh Apprentice

If I do a flip in the pool (in the water) or ocean...I get really dizzy. Could this be adrenals? When I was REALLY sick last summer...I tried to do a flip in the pool and I got so dizzy I about passed out. Crazy huh!?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I know that seems the most obvious, and is probably contributing to some of it. But, I was strict gluten free for a year and I still had almost all of my symptoms. I do remember the neck pain lessening because the inflammation lessened.

I have been really trying to cut back to lessen the burden with the digestive issues....but I really feel like there is something else going on.

I definately agree that there are other things going on....but adding gluten back in may have just put more stress on your system and now the symptoms have increased.

If your digestive symptoms werent as bad while gluten-free....it might be better to go back to that until you figure out what else you might have going on.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I will see about doing some research on how to find the best practitioner, but I don't really know about how to go about that.

You might try calling some of the ND's or holistic doctors/dentists in your area. They might be able to point you in the right direction.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aprilh Apprentice

tabasco32 Apprentice

I cleaned my grandma's house yesterday with my mom. It only took about 9 and a half hours. :blink: That was just my room, living room, kitchen and bathroom. We were so tired last night. I haven't worked that hard since I got sick.

I wore a baseball cap and not one, but two masks. I looked like this. :ph34r: I don't know man. I took a nap in their today and I got the same sinus pressure, headache, itchy ears and eyes. I think there is a lot of dust mites around so I need a job real fast to move out. Among other things like big juicy spiders, ants and who knows what else. My grandma doesn't never spray so she gets all those things. I love my grandma to death though. She is the best!

It was only 89 in Fresno today so that was good.

Andrea, sorry about the dentist. I'm sure that you will be okay till you can see someone. I know I have awhile to go before I take the remaining 6 amalgams out. :rolleyes:

Is anyone watching the olympics?

AndreaB Contributor
I cleaned my grandma's house yesterday with my mom. It only took about 9 and a half hours. :blink:

:o :o

confusedks Enthusiast

I have another update. :)

My hematologist called and my ferritin is at 20. He wants me to see this new Dr at UCLA still, and then just run everything by him to see what he thinks because he knows my case really well. Depending on how heavy my period is in the next couple weeks, the ferritin should last for about 1-2 months...then it goes down to 1-3. :rolleyes:

And, some good news, I have really been feeling better. I don't know what is working, but I don't really care! :lol: I have had some pretty decent days which is SO nice! :P I'm sure Dr H will be happy to hear about the progress, on Sunday. :)

confused Community Regular
It is with great sadness that I have to say that I won't be able to get my teeth done for 2-3 years. :(:( We have another obligation (bill) we need to tend to and we are going to work on some other bills next year. We'll stay on the toxin binders so I'm thinking that will help keep me from getting worse. We've canceled our ART/ASYRA and won't be seeing Dr E for that long either.

I'll still be here reading along and contributing when I can though.

Im so sorry andrea. But maybe this will be a good thing. Im sure it will take me that long to get going on taking mine out. We can go threw it together.

So I'm pretty sure that sulfur/sulfites are one of the main contributers to my constipation issues. <_<

...and then oxaltes seem to have the opposite effect..... loose stools or D.

Maybe this is why I was regular while eating all that chocolate ice cream?? :huh:

Dairy = sulfur

Chocolate = oxalates

For me dairy is usually causing constipation and high oxalates (chocolate) cause loose stools and weight loss.

Maybe they were canceling each other out in this case??

Im thinking you need to go back to chocolate ice cream lol.

I cleaned my grandma's house yesterday with my mom. It only took about 9 and a half hours. :blink: That was just my room, living room, kitchen and bathroom. We were so tired last night. I haven't worked that hard since I got sick.

Is anyone watching the olympics?

That isnt that long lol

Yes we are watching them. We watch lots of it together as a family, the kids love it.

Everyone,

We eneded up getting food poisioning. Well my hubby, two ofour boys and me. The only thing i could figure it out was the hamburger. It was terrible. But im feeling better, hence why im posting at 3:45 am lol

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi, I've been busy, just wanted to say hi and that I'm skimming the posts. :)

Kassandra, I think it's the ferritin. :) Maybe you'll beat down the babs enough to keep the ferritin. :)

First day of school. I hate it when the kids go back .... I miss homeschooling, especially now that I'm starting to feel better.

dlp252 Apprentice

Yeah, I'm watching the olympics...pretty exciting this year!

Kassandra,

YAY!!!! Glad you are having some good days!

Paula,

Sorry you got food poisoning! Yikes!

Lisa,

:o Wow, 9 hours. I shudder to think how long it would take to clean my place and I only have 3 rooms plus a bathroom, lol. It's probably better that she didn't use spray...that would probably actually make you worse. :unsure:

susieg-1 Apprentice
Today I rode on the back of my FIL's Harley. :D When I got off, I could feel all my lymph nodes. Seems it did a better job than my rebounder.

My Uncle in law has leukemia. He would ride his motorcycle and for years did fine with it (over 10 years). Then he got a van and within a couple years was in need of a bone marrow transplant. He started riding his motorcycle again and all his numbers have come down to a better range. :)

My FIL said that he'd take me on a weekly ride, that I was his science experiment. LOL He said he also feels better after he goes for a ride. He gets what I think is peripheral neuropathy in his arm, and has some leg pain that I don't know much about.

So, ha, now the other threads will talk about all the crazy OMG'ers going out to get motorcycles for healing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, though, it stirred up toxins ... I took some cholestyramine and extra glutathione to help.

I'll be gone a couple days, driving my grandmother back to NC (six hour drive). I'll be back Tues. night.

I used to take Quercitin for seasonal allergies. It helped a lot.

What a cool idea, I have been avoiding riding the Harley with my fiance because of such severe joint pain, but now that my pain is gone most of the time I think I will try some experimenting myself. Of course I will have to wait for fiance to heal from hernia surgery.

thanks for the "crazy motorcycle healing" tip, add me to the list of crazies

:P

AndreaB Contributor
And, some good news, I have really been feeling better. I don't know what is working, but I don't really care! :lol: I have had some pretty decent days which is SO nice! :P I'm sure Dr H will be happy to hear about the progress, on Sunday. :)

Great news! :D

Im so sorry andrea. But maybe this will be a good thing. Im sure it will take me that long to get going on taking mine out. We can go threw it together.

Thanks. :) It's nice to know I won't be all alone. :D It seems like everyone will be either well on the way to being recovered or recovered by then.

I'm ok with it overall, as much as I was looking forward to getting it done. If I wait 2 years we'll at least be out from a little bit of debt, instead of continuing to max credit out. We still have to buy the toxin binders though and that is expensive enough.

Food poisoning! :o That's not good. Hope everyone is feeling better now.

First day of school. I hate it when the kids go back .... I miss homeschooling, especially now that I'm starting to feel better.

School already! :o I just asked my youngest step son when he starts and it's not til the 3rd. His senior year.

I got the books yesterday so I'll be starting M on 1st grade on Monday. It will be busy with 2 in homeschooling now, esp with trying to do 2 years in 1 for T. So far T loves this curriculum much better than the old one. :)

mftnchn Explorer

Interesting about the motorcycle, that is our means of transportation when I am at "home" in China. I am just the rider and don't go that often, my DH often does errands for me by himself. I do notice a lot of aching when I go and stiffness, just figured it was the roughness and thin seat.

Carla and Kassandra when you get sweats from the babs, do you also feel very hot at the time you are sweating? Or is a just noticing yourself being wet without a sensation of heat?

Vitamin D update: The lab also thinks it is likely an error and so I have to go in just a few minutes to have the blood re-drawn.

Sherry

CarlaB Enthusiast

Ha, I guess it depends on where the pain is!!

When I get the sweats I feel hot. I kick all the covers off, check to see if the A/C is on, complain about how hot is is, dry off, then wake up a little while later freezing, LOL. Sometimes I would wake up at the end of it and just be wet.

Hey, susie, when you do go on the motorcycle, keep us posted. :) Also take some toxin binders.

So, I've been off the meds and on herbs for over a week now. I'm feeling better in general, but the air hunger is getting bad. I don't think the Malarone/Lariam/Enula/Art keeps it in check as well as the Mepron.

dlp252 Apprentice

OMGosh...destructor kamikaze squirrell is back, lol! :lol: I just watched him climb up the downspout and then jump from that to the bird feeder (which is about 2 feet away!). Silly squirrell, lol. Ooh, apparently the bird ganged up on him and he jumped down to the ground, lol.

:lol:

I got to get out of this condo! :lol:

nora-n Rookie

Here is another finding on TNF-alpha-308 (a cytokine) which is called TNF2 in short:

Open Original Shared Link but it aslo says parasites....

Now I posted another pubmed link the ather day, about TNF2 being one of the other causes of celiac, since they had so many without DQ2 or 8 in that article who were diagosed celiac, but they were positive for TNF2....when they want to prove the gene tests are fine, they write that other genes than DW2 or 8 exclude celiac, I have seen several of them, and when they look for the missing pieces, suddenly they dig up the non-DQ2 or 8 celiacs... I see a plot.

In addition, there is this MYO9B thing or what it is called.

nora

AndreaB Contributor
I got to get out of this condo! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Nora,

I didn't read the article, but it sounds interested, albeit on the confusing side.

confusedks Enthusiast
Carla and Kassandra when you get sweats from the babs, do you also feel very hot at the time you are sweating? Or is a just noticing yourself being wet without a sensation of heat?

Yes I feel VERY hot! I too complain about the heat, etc. And I sweat...you can see it.

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Kassandra,

Glad to hear you're having some decent days!

Andrea,

Sorry about the delay on your amalgam removal. :(

Birdy

mftnchn Explorer
When I get the sweats I feel hot. I kick all the covers off, check to see if the A/C is on, complain about how hot is is, dry off, then wake up a little while later freezing, LOL. Sometimes I would wake up at the end of it and just be wet.

That's pretty much what I am feeling a bit more lately. Yours gets worse when the treatment is working?

Sherry

aprilh Apprentice

Hi Everyone....

Andrea - sorry about not being able to see the dentist. Hope you can get there soon though.

Kassandra- Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like the NAET is helping!

Archived