This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Happy Birthday Sherry!!! :)

I hope you have/had a great day! I still dont know how far ahead of us you are so maybe your birthday is over already?? :unsure:

Anyways, if I missed it...hope it was a good one. :D

Donna,

Sorry to hear that yesterday was rough for you. :(

I hope it passes soon and that all is well with a speedy recovery. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor
Happy Birthday Sherry!!! :)

I hope you have/had a great day! I still dont know how far ahead of us you are so maybe your birthday is over already?? :unsure:

Anyways, if I missed it...hope it was a good one. :D

Donna,

Sorry to hear that yesterday was rough for you. :(

I hope it passes soon and that all is well with a speedy recovery. :)

What she said. :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Happy Birthday (or Belated) to Sherry!!!

Still good so far this weekend. Today is a little more iffy than yesterday, but so far am able to keep my liquids down. I went to the store to get some jello because it's considered a clear liquid but is more substantial than juice or water, but sheesh it has a ton of additives! I probably should have waited to go to Whole Foods to see if they have an alternative without so many things. I won't eat much of it, but I may try a bite or two. My doctor said it was okay and I seemed to be okay with it in the hospital (only had it once though)...but I wasn't inflamed then, lol.

Sherry, I just read one of my medical books on inflammed pancreas and it scared me a little?!

confused Community Regular

Donna,

Hope you start to feel better soon. Im sorry you are having problems eating and stuff. Been thinking about you.

rachel.

I hope you are enjoying your time with your friend. I cant wait to hear the results of your latest gene testing.

Sherry,

Happy birthday or happy late birthday lol

everyone,

Im here, been having lots of ups and downs, but some of it is due to emoitional aspects that I am dealing with. I know i need to let get go of things that have been locked up inside of me in order to fully ever recover from everything. Holidays really depress me, due to some people passing away during them. Plus i hate i cant eat like everyone else lol.

I am due to get my adrenal, thyroid, insulin and vitamin d test back. i was supposed to have them back by now, but i added the vitamin d test after they had my sample for a few days lol. Once i get them, I will post them.

I have also come to terms that I am celiac. I kept thinking or hoping it was just gluten intolerance. But the other day i woke up with an bad case of DH after drinking some redbridge and fritos lol. I guess the high ttg score on the bloodwork was positve cause of celiac and not candida, like i had one dr tell me. I am having a hard time coming to terms with that, but I will survive. I guess it is just hard to know you have celiac and colitsis and everything else that is going on.

I am also really thinking of getting tested to lyme. It probably wont be til after the holidays tho.

Ok i have rambled enough lol

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Donna....I hope you do ok with the jello. I'll cross my fingers that you dont have problems. Glad you are keeping the liquids down today. :)

Paula....the holidays were depessing to me also.....but only because I'm still sick. I can imagine how much harder it is if you are missing a loved one on top of it. {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

Last year was the first since I got sick that I actually felt pretty good all through the holidays. I did eat a normal Xmas dinner....which was awesome!! My friend was still here last year....and not in Germany....so that was probably another reason I was less depressed last year. I was having fun and getting into the spirit of things. I dont know how I'm gonna feel this year.

Hang in there, take things one day at a time. Its good that you're coming to terms with some things that might have been weighing you down. More testing after the holidays would probably be a good idea.

Has anyone had this test

* Vitamin and mineral insufficiencies * Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC * Oxidative damage and anti-oxidant sufficiency markers * Indicators to assess detoxification sufficiency * The best functional markers of B-complex deficiency including B12 and folic acid, * Neurotransmitter metabolites to assess CNS function * Mitochondrial energy production assessment via citric acid cycle components * Methylation sufficiency status * Lipoic acid and CoQ10 sufficiency markers

I think metramix does it. Im trying to figure out if this would show me anything lol

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
rachel.

I hope you are enjoying your time with your friend. I cant wait to hear the results of your latest gene testing.

Paula.....I just found out the results take a LONG time to come back. :(

I'm looking at 6-8 weeks.....and since we're going into the holidays I dont know if it might take even longer! :blink:

Thats really frusterating me right now. I was planning on getting these results back before my next Dr. visit. I definately cant hold off that long....but I feel kind of "stuck" without having these results yet. I'm really hesitant to start on any type of treatment without knowing which mutations I might have.

On the positive side....I think I will understand my results completely by then. This gives me more than enough time to study all of the info. thats available. I actually want to understand how each mutation affects the pathway....and not just the ones which pertain to me. Since I dont know yet which ones I have I will be able to learn about all of them....without focusing more on particular areas.

If I could go back in time this is the first test I would have done....and it would have saved me SOOO much money in the long run. Since I've done ART it has always been at the top of my list as far as testing goes....but I would have to say that I feel the nutrigenomic test is first on my list now. I dont even have results yet but just from my reading on the Autism boards as well as gaining an understanding of how critical this pathway is.....I'm feeling like its probably the single most important test I've done throughout this whole process.

I only know the status of one gene right now....and just having that tiny bit of info. I can go downstairs, look in my cabinet (which is filled with supplements) and be almost certain that many of them are totally wrong for me. So knowing the genetics can save a ton of money on supplements alone. More importantly though.....it also tells us what we absolutely need....and in what form. This is why I'm reluctant to start on any supplements without having the test results. We just dont know what areas need support yet.

I feel 100% that people with chronic lyme also have metal issues....I feel equally certain that impaired methylation is also an issue. In my opinion we just wouldnt have these issues if we had a fully functioning "revolving door". Everything plays a role in multifactorial disease....and underlying genetic susceptibilities is definately a part of that.

Stress, environmental toxins and infectious organisms play on the weaknesses that we already have. However, if we know where we are weak....we can support those weaknesses so that we do not reach the point of accumulating metals/toxins as well as providing opportunistic organisms a place to set up housekeeping. A functioning revolving door keeps the body in a healthier state....it protects us from chronic viral and bacterial infections. Methylation is required to clear environmental toxins from the body.

I think that if we have accumulated environmental toxins (to the point that we're chronically ill)....we can be fairly certain that our revolving door isnt working the way that it should. Its a given that when tested autistic children will have mutations in the methylation cycle...they will have clear evidence of impaired ability to detoxify. I think adults with the same issues (heavy metals, chronic infections, leaky gut issues, etc.) will also have mutations in this cycle.

This would be one of the biggest reasons as to why there is no single treatment which works for everyone. The underlying genetic susceptibilities will vary greatly from one person to the next. Even if two people have the same mutations....they can have very different issues depending on what they've been exposed to (environmental and pathogenic).

Yasko uses Princess Diana as an example. If not for all of the circumstances surrounding the car accident (papparazzi, alcohol, narrow tunnel, speed, etc) there would have been no tragedy. In the same way....without the underlying genetic susceptibility and without the environmental exposures to toxins and opportunistic organisms....we dont lose our health. The genetics are there.....thats what we're born with....but the genetics alone do not cause disease (at least not in the case of these particular mutations).

There are 3 major components.....genetic, environmental and infectious. I think that if you dont address all of them....and especially the "revolving door" then it becomes very difficult to overcome the disease....because you never truelly regain balance.

There are specific mutations which have a significant impact on methylation....and can affect the function of the entire pathway....and there are other mutations which have a lesser impact. If any part of the cycle is not working properly it can affect the function of other areas of the pathway to some degree.

One mutation that affects the entire pathway is CBS C699T. I dont know if I have this mutation yet but its one that I've been learning alot about.

Having a mutation doesnt necessarily mean that the enzyme isnt working....or that its working to a lesser degree. In some cases the mutation means that the enzyme is overactive. Increased enzyme function can have negative consequences (as seen in the CBS C699T mutation).

What this CBS mutation does is basically deplete the methylation cycle of its intermediates because it is breaking down homocysteine very rapidly. If you have this mutation (and dont know it) it doesnt matter what you supplement for the rest of the methylation cycle....you will be depleting whatever you put in as long as the CBS problem is not addressed. If the CBS mutation is present....then it has to be addressed first.

Some consequences of this mutation include high levels of ammonia, high levels of taurine, lack of glutathione, sulfur toxicity issues, sensitivity to sulfur foods/products and sulfur containing abx. It also has an effect on cortisol....which leads to additional methylation problems as well as issues in other areas of the body. Another consequence may be excess glutamate in the body (excitotoxins and nerve damage).

In this case even though a person needs glutathione...they will most likely be sensitive to it because they are already having too much sulfur in the body. Elevated sulfate/sulfite on a test strip can indicate that this mutation *may* be present.

The CBS mutation also stresses the sulfur oxidase enzyme (SUOX) which converts sulfite to sulfate. This enzyme requires molybdenum but the CBS mutation can keep the levels of molybdenum down (despite supplementation). This also contributes to the sulfur/sulfite toxicity and without the necessary sulfate detoxification is furthur impaired.

I do have the sulfur sensitivity issues.....but I do not have elevated ammonia or taurine. However, from what I understand these mutations cannot always be determined just by looking at the urine and bloodwork. A person can have this mutation and yet not show signs of it (high ammonia) in other tests due to other mutations in the pathway. Therefore you cant make an accurate determination as to whether or not a mutation is present without actually having the genes tested.

I found it interesting that in all of her testing she has found that the majority of older autistic kids carry the CBS mutation....which overrides all other mutations because it depletes all of the intermediates in the cycle. It is a more "severe" mutation. Nowadays, the kids might not have this particular mutation....and instead have less severe mutations.....but still have autism.

In her opinion it suggests that from a genetic standpoint the threshold for autism has been lowered. It *may* be that the environmental components are contributing more than they were in the past (i.e. more vaccinations) which may make it possible for the lesser mutations to be enough to cause Autism.

It does make alot of sense to me.

Another very important gene that is critical to the function of the pathway is COMT. I have also learned alot about this gene since I do have this mutation (its the only one I know of right now). This is a tricky gene in that having the mutation can actually HELP you. There is another gene that works in conjuction with COMT.....and since I dont yet know the status of the other gene I'm still not totally clear as to where I stand.

The other gene is VDR (Vitamin D Receptor). When I find out the status of the VDR's I will know better how to proceed with regards to the COMT mutation.

Based on what I know right now....I most likely should not have taken MethylB12 shots because I *may* have too many methyl groups floating around already (again, this depends on the status of CBS and other enzymes). The COMT mutation means that the enzyme is using less methyl groups than it would if there were no mutation. This is good in terms of getting rid of metals as well as helping with the viral and bacterial infections....because more methyl groups are available. If there is no mutation the methyl groups are being used up more rapidly.....and there is also less dopamine available.

People with the COMT mutation have higher levels of dopamine and have to be careful not to do things that will raise the level even higher. The main purpose of the COMT enzyme is to degrade dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine....but it has other functions as well. A mutation on this gene means it is less active....so there will be higher levels of dopamine and more methyl groups available (since methyl groups are used to break down dopamine).

People with no COMT mutation will need to supplement much differently from those who do have the mutation. They will have less dopamine and less methyl groups because the enzyme is more active and using them up. Whether or not there is a mutation here determines what form of B12 you will need. People who are COMT positive will be more sensitive to methyl groups and should not use methylb12......whereas those who are COMT negative are in need of more methyl groups and will benefit from MB12.

Obviously, its not all straight forward like that because what you need and will tolerate also depends on how the rest of the pathway is functioning.....so you do have to have that whole picture.

The *key* mutations that we know of (not just for autism but all multifactorial disease) are MTHFR (around 90% of those who are tested have one or both of the MTHFR mutations), CBS, COMT, VDR, MTR, MTRR and NOS.

Since we are talking about genetics....the mutations have to come from one or both parents. If someone has an autistic child...they will likely have some of the same susceptibilities. It would be good to know where the weaknesses are and to support them....since nowadays we are all bombarded by toxins more than ever before.

I dont know if that will make sense to anyone....but thats just a tiny bit of scientificness about these genetic mutations. I probably wont get into much detail about the rest.....at least not until I get my results back. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mftnchn Explorer

Thanks everyone for the BD wishes, I am reading them the morning after, LOL! My day didn't go as expected but there were a couple of nice things. My plans to go out were nixed due to water leakage in the apartment (I had to wait for a repairman all day) and my friend (whose llittle son has the same birthday and we were planning to have dessert together in the evening) was hospitalized last night with severe pneumonia.

Donna, you can make your own jello really easily, with gelatin and 100% juice. The proportions are:

1 C juice to 1 T gelatin, 1/4 cold juice 3/4 boiling

So for 4 Cups of juice:

Sprinkle 4 T (I used a little less) gelatin over 1 C of cold juice to soften. Bring 3 C juice to a boil and add to the gelatin mixture, stir until softened. Add sweetener if you want, I add a little honey. Chill (takes awhile).

I had never done this before until starting SCD, and wasn't a fan of jello, but this is really GOOD.

Yes, pancreatitis is serious, I'm concerned about you.

Paula, it is hard, but it seems like a full commitment to gluten-free is important.

Sherry

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi everyone! I've been busy and haven't had much computer time. :) I hope you're all doing well!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi everyone! I've been busy and haven't had much computer time. :) I hope you're all doing well!

Hi Carla! Nice to "see" you. :D

AndreaB Contributor

Paula,

Sounds like gluten free would be a good thing for you. Will wait for you to post results....not that's I'll know anything about what they mean. :P

Rachel,

I find the genetic stuff interesting. Too bad it takes so long to get results back. :(

Sherry,

Hope the leak wasn't bad and you won't have residual problems from that. Also hope the boy gets on the mend quickly.

Carla,

Hi. :)

The thing is i thought i was gluten free, i never ever cheat. But im thinking redbridge is not as gluten free as they claim to be. Also cause they did test positive for mike in that other thread. I beleive they did come back positive. I am really thinking the redbridge is why im still testing positive for gluten almost 2 years later. I also think it is a good factor why i have good and bad days.

Rachel

I did understand all of what you said, maybe giving up the redbridge I will now be able to think better lol.

paula

Well I got my test results, im still trying to figure them all out. ALl i know for sure is im hypothyroid, insulian resistance and my hormones are complelly out of whack. I also got my vit D results and 32-100 is normal and im 35 so im on the very low end.

I am now on a gluten free and low carb diet. Bye-bye potatoes.

paula

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, you can make your own jello really easily, with gelatin and 100% juice. The proportions are:

1 C juice to 1 T gelatin, 1/4 cold juice 3/4 boiling

So for 4 Cups of juice:

Sprinkle 4 T (I used a little less) gelatin over 1 C of cold juice to soften. Bring 3 C juice to a boil and add to the gelatin mixture, stir until softened. Add sweetener if you want, I add a little honey. Chill (takes awhile).

I had never done this before until starting SCD, and wasn't a fan of jello, but this is really GOOD.

Yes, pancreatitis is serious, I'm concerned about you.

WOW, THANKS!!!!! This is great! I may even have some gelatin in my cabinet! If not, I'll get some tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I have a CT scan. :blink: That means I have to drink the banana chalky stuff tonight before bed. I'm a little concerned about that, lol. Then more tomorrow, plus the dye they inject.

My doctor pulled out the pancreatic drain yesterday. He wasn't planning to do that until NEXT Monday, but he said that the drain could cause irritation and he felt that at 3 weeks, the internal stitches were probably safely dissolved. I can tell you that I feel MUCH better today. I felt a little worse last night (thankfully didn't have to throw up), but I'm not sure that wasn't because he pulled the drain. I ate 3 small bites of rice (which he said was okay), so that also may be it. Just in case, I'm not eating any rice today because I'll need all of my good feelings to drink that stuff. :lol:

Okay, off to see if I still have that gelatin...

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

Chalky doesn't sound the least bit appetizing :ph34r: Hope all goes well tomorrow and you don't have any problems with the icky stuff.

mftnchn Explorer

You are welcome, Donna. I make mine from homemade grape juice. :)

So glad that you are finally noticing improvement and I sure hope there is no setback after the CT prep.

Everyone, I've been having a rough week. Andrea knows a bit about it--I'll post more later if I can.

b

Sherry

mltjq Newbie
Paula.....I just found out the results take a LONG time to come back. :(

I'm looking at 6-8 weeks.....and since we're going into the holidays I dont know if it might take even longer! :blink:

Thats really frusterating me right now. I was planning on getting these results back before my next Dr. visit. I definately cant hold off that long....but I feel kind of "stuck" without having these results yet. I'm really hesitant to start on any type of treatment without knowing which mutations I might have.

On the positive side....I think I will understand my results completely by then. This gives me more than enough time to study all of the info. thats available. I actually want to understand how each mutation affects the pathway....and not just the ones which pertain to me. Since I dont know yet which ones I have I will be able to learn about all of them....without focusing more on particular areas.

If I could go back in time this is the first test I would have done....and it would have saved me SOOO much money in the long run. Since I've done ART it has always been at the top of my list as far as testing goes....but I would have to say that I feel the nutrigenomic test is first on my list now. I dont even have results yet but just from my reading on the Autism boards as well as gaining an understanding of how critical this pathway is.....I'm feeling like its probably the single most important test I've done throughout this whole process.

I only know the status of one gene right now....and just having that tiny bit of info. I can go downstairs, look in my cabinet (which is filled with supplements) and be almost certain that many of them are totally wrong for me. So knowing the genetics can save a ton of money on supplements alone. More importantly though.....it also tells us what we absolutely need....and in what form. This is why I'm reluctant to start on any supplements without having the test results. We just dont know what areas need support yet.

I feel 100% that people with chronic lyme also have metal issues....I feel equally certain that impaired methylation is also an issue. In my opinion we just wouldnt have these issues if we had a fully functioning "revolving door". Everything plays a role in multifactorial disease....and underlying genetic susceptibilities is definately a part of that.

Stress, environmental toxins and infectious organisms play on the weaknesses that we already have. However, if we know where we are weak....we can support those weaknesses so that we do not reach the point of accumulating metals/toxins as well as providing opportunistic organisms a place to set up housekeeping. A functioning revolving door keeps the body in a healthier state....it protects us from chronic viral and bacterial infections. Methylation is required to clear environmental toxins from the body.

I think that if we have accumulated environmental toxins (to the point that we're chronically ill)....we can be fairly certain that our revolving door isnt working the way that it should. Its a given that when tested autistic children will have mutations in the methylation cycle...they will have clear evidence of impaired ability to detoxify. I think adults with the same issues (heavy metals, chronic infections, leaky gut issues, etc.) will also have mutations in this cycle.

This would be one of the biggest reasons as to why there is no single treatment which works for everyone. The underlying genetic susceptibilities will vary greatly from one person to the next. Even if two people have the same mutations....they can have very different issues depending on what they've been exposed to (environmental and pathogenic).

Yasko uses Princess Diana as an example. If not for all of the circumstances surrounding the car accident (papparazzi, alcohol, narrow tunnel, speed, etc) there would have been no tragedy. In the same way....without the underlying genetic susceptibility and without the environmental exposures to toxins and opportunistic organisms....we dont lose our health. The genetics are there.....thats what we're born with....but the genetics alone do not cause disease (at least not in the case of these particular mutations).

There are 3 major components.....genetic, environmental and infectious. I think that if you dont address all of them....and especially the "revolving door" then it becomes very difficult to overcome the disease....because you never truelly regain balance.

There are specific mutations which have a significant impact on methylation....and can affect the function of the entire pathway....and there are other mutations which have a lesser impact. If any part of the cycle is not working properly it can affect the function of other areas of the pathway to some degree.

One mutation that affects the entire pathway is CBS C699T. I dont know if I have this mutation yet but its one that I've been learning alot about.

Having a mutation doesnt necessarily mean that the enzyme isnt working....or that its working to a lesser degree. In some cases the mutation means that the enzyme is overactive. Increased enzyme function can have negative consequences (as seen in the CBS C699T mutation).

What this CBS mutation does is basically deplete the methylation cycle of its intermediates because it is breaking down homocysteine very rapidly. If you have this mutation (and dont know it) it doesnt matter what you supplement for the rest of the methylation cycle....you will be depleting whatever you put in as long as the CBS problem is not addressed. If the CBS mutation is present....then it has to be addressed first.

Some consequences of this mutation include high levels of ammonia, high levels of taurine, lack of glutathione, sulfur toxicity issues, sensitivity to sulfur foods/products and sulfur containing abx. It also has an effect on cortisol....which leads to additional methylation problems as well as issues in other areas of the body. Another consequence may be excess glutamate in the body (excitotoxins and nerve damage).

In this case even though a person needs glutathione...they will most likely be sensitive to it because they are already having too much sulfur in the body. Elevated sulfate/sulfite on a test strip can indicate that this mutation *may* be present.

The CBS mutation also stresses the sulfur oxidase enzyme (SUOX) which converts sulfite to sulfate. This enzyme requires molybdenum but the CBS mutation can keep the levels of molybdenum down (despite supplementation). This also contributes to the sulfur/sulfite toxicity and without the necessary sulfate detoxification is furthur impaired.

I do have the sulfur sensitivity issues.....but I do not have elevated ammonia or taurine. However, from what I understand these mutations cannot always be determined just by looking at the urine and bloodwork. A person can have this mutation and yet not show signs of it (high ammonia) in other tests due to other mutations in the pathway. Therefore you cant make an accurate determination as to whether or not a mutation is present without actually having the genes tested.

I found it interesting that in all of her testing she has found that the majority of older autistic kids carry the CBS mutation....which overrides all other mutations because it depletes all of the intermediates in the cycle. It is a more "severe" mutation. Nowadays, the kids might not have this particular mutation....and instead have less severe mutations.....but still have autism.

In her opinion it suggests that from a genetic standpoint the threshold for autism has been lowered. It *may* be that the environmental components are contributing more than they were in the past (i.e. more vaccinations) which may make it possible for the lesser mutations to be enough to cause Autism.

It does make alot of sense to me.

Another very important gene that is critical to the function of the pathway is COMT. I have also learned alot about this gene since I do have this mutation (its the only one I know of right now). This is a tricky gene in that having the mutation can actually HELP you. There is another gene that works in conjuction with COMT.....and since I dont yet know the status of the other gene I'm still not totally clear as to where I stand.

The other gene is VDR (Vitamin D Receptor). When I find out the status of the VDR's I will know better how to proceed with regards to the COMT mutation.

Based on what I know right now....I most likely should not have taken MethylB12 shots because I *may* have too many methyl groups floating around already (again, this depends on the status of CBS and other enzymes). The COMT mutation means that the enzyme is using less methyl groups than it would if there were no mutation. This is good in terms of getting rid of metals as well as helping with the viral and bacterial infections....because more methyl groups are available. If there is no mutation the methyl groups are being used up more rapidly.....and there is also less dopamine available.

People with the COMT mutation have higher levels of dopamine and have to be careful not to do things that will raise the level even higher. The main purpose of the COMT enzyme is to degrade dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine....but it has other functions as well. A mutation on this gene means it is less active....so there will be higher levels of dopamine and more methyl groups available (since methyl groups are used to break down dopamine).

People with no COMT mutation will need to supplement much differently from those who do have the mutation. They will have less dopamine and less methyl groups because the enzyme is more active and using them up. Whether or not there is a mutation here determines what form of B12 you will need. People who are COMT positive will be more sensitive to methyl groups and should not use methylb12......whereas those who are COMT negative are in need of more methyl groups and will benefit from MB12.

Obviously, its not all straight forward like that because what you need and will tolerate also depends on how the rest of the pathway is functioning.....so you do have to have that whole picture.

The *key* mutations that we know of (not just for autism but all multifactorial disease) are MTHFR (around 90% of those who are tested have one or both of the MTHFR mutations), CBS, COMT, VDR, MTR, MTRR and NOS.

Since we are talking about genetics....the mutations have to come from one or both parents. If someone has an autistic child...they will likely have some of the same susceptibilities. It would be good to know where the weaknesses are and to support them....since nowadays we are all bombarded by toxins more than ever before.

I dont know if that will make sense to anyone....but thats just a tiny bit of scientificness about these genetic mutations. I probably wont get into much detail about the rest.....at least not until I get my results back. :P

Rachael - Do you have a book you can point me to regarding this info? I have tried going back at the beginning and reading all of this groups posts but there are over 2000 of them. This methylation Cycle thing sounds like the key to help me figure out my frustrating health mysteries.

THank you all very much for your insightful posts. I just lurk and cant tell you how much you have helped me (and my kids!).

AndreaB Contributor

Welcome to the thread mltjq. :)

aprilh Apprentice
Has anyone had this test

* Vitamin and mineral insufficiencies * Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC * Oxidative damage and anti-oxidant sufficiency markers * Indicators to assess detoxification sufficiency * The best functional markers of B-complex deficiency including B12 and folic acid, * Neurotransmitter metabolites to assess CNS function * Mitochondrial energy production assessment via citric acid cycle components * Methylation sufficiency status * Lipoic acid and CoQ10 sufficiency markers

I think metramix does it. Im trying to figure out if this would show me anything lol

paula

Paula,

That test sounds good. What is the name of it? Is your ND wanting you to take it?

Well I got my test results, im still trying to figure them all out. ALl i know for sure is im hypothyroid, insulian resistance and my hormones are complelly out of whack. I also got my vit D results and 32-100 is normal and im 35 so im on the very low end.

I am now on a gluten free and low carb diet. Bye-bye potatoes.

paula

Paula, Sounds like SCD might be good for you with all you have going on. I'm glad you are getting some testing, though.. Hopefully you will be finding some answers.

Happy Belated Birthday Sherry! Hope you are doing okay. Post when you can and let us know whats up.

April,

No she does not want me to do that test, but she offers it and im thinking i might do it after the first of the year. I cant afford anymore testing right now, cause my supplements are going to cost me over 300 a month. Between the hair testing, stool testing and blood testing I really think I have all the answers that i need right now. everything makes so much sense to me. She even wrote out my portocol that tells me what to take and when and what to eat. I know all of this will be great for me. I know I am going to have an great new yea.

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

Welcome Mltjq!

Everyone,

I survived the CT scan, lol. Barely! I couldn't drink all the stuff today, but they did the test anyway. I had most of it down, but probably had 4-5 more swallows, and just couldn't do it. I'll know about the results tomorrow.

Sherry,

I made the jello last night and it's WONDERFUL! I made it with apple juice. It's not very sweet, but that's good for me right now with my touch pancreas.

I'm hoping he'll let me have at least full liquids tomorrow if my CT scan looks good, but I may still pick up some different flavors of juice tomorrow to make more jello, lol.

AndreaB Contributor

Paula,

It's nice to have everything written down for you.

Donna,

Glad the CT scan went well. Hoping for continued improvement in you diet allowances.

mftnchn Explorer
Welcome Mltjq!

Yes, indeed! All are welcome here.

Everyone,

I survived the CT scan, lol. Barely! I couldn't drink all the stuff today, but they did the test anyway. I had most of it down, but probably had 4-5 more swallows, and just couldn't do it. I'll know about the results tomorrow.

Great! glad that is over and will look forward to hearing the results.

Sherry,

I made the jello last night and it's WONDERFUL! I made it with apple juice. It's not very sweet, but that's good for me right now with my touch pancreas. I'm hoping he'll let me have at least full liquids tomorrow if my CT scan looks good, but I may still pick up some different flavors of juice tomorrow to make more jello, lol.

:D :D I'll never eat the out of the box stuff again, LOL! I just made another batch of grape.

The gelatin is good for us too, and we are only limited by the variety of 100% juice we can find!

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Well my weeks challenges have included a bad cold and over a week of repair for water leakage. Our bathroom has been a leakage problem for a long time, leaks into the apartment below. It has been "repaired" 4 times, so this time, the whole tile floor has been removed and all the pipes replaced from the kitchen (water source) through that bathroom.

Tuesday was the worst. Digging up the tile and cement floor gave us a huge cloud of cement dust throughout the apartment. I kept my bedroom and office door shut which helped, but still it was bad to breathe in. We had to open up the windows, but it was below freezing and snowing outside, so it was very very cold.

Due to this I have/will be out of hot water for three days at least. It has been challenging to get RO water as my unit is in that bathroom.

The noise, two workers coming and going who smoke (I make them go to the hallway but it still seeps into the apartment) and my landlady means noise, chaos and an inability to work. The work started last week on Friday (when they attempted a bandaid repair) and won't be finished until next Sunday.

Having this happen when my husband is gone isn't great either.

Then a close friend (27 years old) came down with a bad case of pneumonia and was in the hospital. I went to see him Monday evening, and promptly caught the bug myself. I could feel it on the way home from the hospital visit. Tuesday when my house temperature was close to freezing did not help matters!!

Today I have a breather, no workmen. They are letting the new cement and water seal cure and check for leakage down below before continuing.

mftnchn Explorer

Update for me: I am still struggling to some degree with constipation, and now mild nausea. Seems like I need to make some changes to my regimen but am not sure what. It may be that I am not tolerating the Zith and Enula together, which is what ART said, but it is controlling my symptoms better in terms of the neuro and pain. After reading I think perhaps I am not getting enough probiotics in my yogurt. Also I may experiment with raw (which I have not yet done on SCD) by reintroducing my raw veggie smoothie in the mornings.

I long to try the photon treatment that Carla did but it is out of reach for me at this point.

Here's a good website on lyme by an LLMD. There is a blog post about celiac disease and lyme that is interesting. Open Original Shared Link

Sherry

Archived