This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice
No wonder I've never liked to date! I've never actually dated. I just end up in relationships without ever really going through the whole dating process. That stuff stresses me out!

Ha, ditto for me! I have never dated much...just ended up in relationships.

Fortunately, its only an initial shyness that I have but once I'm past that part and when I'm comfortable in my surrounding you just cant shut me up. :P

Ditto again! :lol: Only, I can talk to total strangers about nothing in particular easier than I can talk to someone I'm trying to get to know.

It's with great pleasure I say all of this because this time last year I didn't think I'd ever make it to another Thanksgiving. :):D

I hope everyone is doing well on their path to recovery!!! :wub:

Oh YAY, this is AMAZING!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

April,

Any stress can cause the adrenals problems. Good stress, bad stress, moving, too much to do, etc. I used to get that dizzy feeling you described all the time, but fortunately I haven't had it in a while (well except for right after each of my surgeries).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confused Community Regular
Paula,

Going back to your soy/estrogen question. I definately think if the body is already having elevated levels of estrogen you may find that soy makes it worse.

Its just like anything else. Our bodies dont do well with too much of anything...including hormones....and especially if its unable to eliminate/detox them efficiently.

So far from what I can tell from my genetic results I have reduced ability to break down estrogen. I've never been tested to see if I'm estrogen dominant....but I would assume that I am. Of all of the top allergens/intolerances......soy is the worst for me.

Its the only one that I completely avoid. I do eat gluten, only small amounts of dairy, not much corn and NO soy at all.

I get major symptoms from soy......its high in certain chemicals that I cant handle but I think the added estrogen is what really pushes me over the edge. I have pretty much ZERO tolerance for soy....but I dont worry about soy lecithin.

I bet if you were ever tested, you would be very estrogen dominant like me lol. I agree that when i add in soy, im pushing my bucket to be way overflowing.

I did take an new supplement this morning that had soy in it and i have been fine. Well i was fine until i was stressed out from an phone call i received today. I know that stress is another major factor that pushes me way over the edge with my health.

I need to figure out an way to detox my body of everything that it hates. I dont think I am on anything for detox right now. Maybe i need to go back to charcoal and more detox baths.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Ha, ditto for me! I have never dated much...just ended up in relationships.

Donna, maybe this is why our relationships didnt work out. Maybe its because we didnt actually KNOW the people we were in relationships with! :lol::lol:

Maybe the whole "getting to know you" part is actually more important than I'd previously thought. :huh:

OMG...I might be on to something! :lol:

Ditto again! :lol: Only, I can talk to total strangers about nothing in particular easier than I can talk to someone I'm trying to get to know.

Yeah....I'm still shy with total strangers but I usually dont get into lengthy discussions with random people since thats not my nature. There are people at my work who know just about EVERY customer, their kids, their spouses, etc. etc. They chat with just about every person they see.

I am soooo not like that. I've probably been there the longest amount of time and I still get people who say "Are you new here?" :huh: I just dont usually have personal conversations unless I'm forced to. :P

I have a way harder time when its someone I'm interested in. I think thats why I'm usually attracted to people who are NOT shy...the people who approach me and force me talk to them :lol: ......those are the people I end up in relationships with.

If I'm interested in someone who's similar to me (as far as shyness).....nothings ever gonna happen because I will NOT ever speak to them....no matter how much I WANT to. :rolleyes:

Its too tortuous....and dating I think would be a total heinousity. I'm so against it. :lol:

mftnchn Explorer

I'm totally on the shy side as well until I get to know people. Its exhausting to be in constant groups of people, even though I function okay if I have a clear role in the group. It's not having a role, just visiting or trying to strike up conversations with people I don' t know is hard. I don't notice physical reactions though.

mftnchn Explorer
Hardly anyone ever says "Oh yeah....When I first met Rachel I thought she was the nicest person!" Its almost always the opposite. :lol:

Its more like "When I first met you I thought you were so stuck-up and rude....you never said hi....you were so unfriendly and you only talked to certain people." So thats the impression that most people get initially. If someone makes the effort to talk to me then I will usually start to open up and feel more comfortable. I'm just not usually the one to ever approach someone and start a coversation...I never do that on my own.

I think I give some people this impression too, though it isn't intended.

mftnchn Explorer
Sherry, I'm gonna check out the YouTube instructional videos Nora mentioned and see if I can figure it out. :)

I think it is worth a try. Here's the link for you all. Open Original Shared Link

You have to sign up for the newsletter so you can download.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer
Dear Sherry,

EFT sounds interesting. Can it be used for anger? I need all of the help I can get in that department. Do you have a link? If so, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, Jin. For anything that we are uncomfortable about. I posted the link above. The links that Nora posted will work as well I think. The guy that writes this is Gary Craig. But it has bits and pieces of a lot of formal counseling therapies and Chinese medicine principles, etc.

With emotions, we have to be willing to "see" the various underlying things. Anger can be both a primary emotion with a direct reason for it, and a secondary emotion (the surface emotion of a harder emotion to face). EFT can work to clear this out without too much cognitive digging, but I think we have to be willing to face what comes to the surface as well.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mftnchn Explorer

Fantastic update Kassandra!

I think it is good to finish the lyme treatment and stay on a basic protocol and stuff. We don't get rid of it and stay rid of it that easily. Maybe the Bionic will be the answer for us all though! Meanwhile, I agree that it is so great that facing the emotional stuff has been what helped you turn the corner. Good lessons in that about immune system and our body's ability to fight and right itself.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla....yeah....count me in as far as the jealousy goes!!

...and if you dont have to deal with symptoms from shyness then I'm even MORE jealous. :P

Do you think there is a treatment to help me with this?? :lol:

I am definitely NOT shy! I talk to everyone everywhere I go .... pumping gas, grocery store line, etc.

I also feel better with a baseball hat on because it apply's constant pressure at the temples.

I showed Scott your picture on here and he said he had never seen your hair down, that you always wore a baseball cap. :lol:

I'd say I'm at 85-90% right now.

Woohoo!

I have some pain in my canine tooth root. It might be in my sinus. I used to get sinus infections, so I'm thinking it could be my body going back and revisiting old problems. At least I'm hoping that is what it is because I don't want to have to get major dental work done. The tooth itself doesn't hurt, just by my nose.

It's giving me a little fatigue, I don't know why. The photon treatment did this when I was in Germany - made me tired, but not Lymie. I guess time will tell. I see the dentist this week.

aprilh Apprentice
April,

OMG.....I can remember during the first couple years that I was sick I would seriously break out in a SWEAT if someone was trying to talk to me. It was shyness to the EXTREME! :blink:

Also, I would feel hot flashes all through my body. Its no wonder I kind of withdrew from everything! I couldnt even TALK to people without reacting. :rolleyes:

I think the severity of these reactions are 100% related to my body's ability to detoxify as well as how full my bucket is at the time. If my bucket is already overflowing (or about to overfow)...then forget it...I'm going to have issues with the "shy moments" for sure.

Extreme shyness is actually a symptom of mercury toxicity. Its listed on almost every list as a common symptom among people with heavy mercury burdens.

I would avoid contact with new people simply because it made me feel physically uncomfortable.

I think I'm doing alot better now but every once in awhile I will still experience the hot flash if someone I dont know starts talking to me. A few months ago when someone that I'm attracted to (but never really talk to) got too close to me (as in invading my space :lol: ) I totally broke out in a BIG sweat. I thought I might pass out...I had to go outside for fresh air. :ph34r:

On that particular day I had ate some bad foods for lunch. :rolleyes:

If I ever go on a date (and I hope I never have to :lol: ) I will have to make sure that I dont eat ANYTHING bad for like a week in advance....and I'll avoid ALL stress. Maybe then I'll be able to make it through the date without having major reactions to the situation itself. :rolleyes:

Ok this is totally me! I was VERY shy as a child. And now my little boy can be very shy at times. He's even growled at strangers when they try to talk to him. :huh: After going gluten free he actually showed HUGE improvements.

On SCD he has come out of his shell even more. When I tested him on "regular" food recently he backtracked a bit. Now his behavior leans towards behavior ADD type reactions.

You should have seen his most recent school picture. He is giving the photographer a total eat *poop* look! Its totally because he didn't know him at all. If someone talks to him in the store, he gives them eat *poop* looks too. Its kinda funny but sad too.

One time he was climbing on stairs or something at the museum and the lady that worked there told him to get down. He growled so loud, turned red and shook his fist at her....I was so embarrassed!

I do think Mercury has an impact on this trait. I'm not shy like when I was a kid but I don't really strike up conversations with people I don't know. And I CANNOT get in front of a crowd and speak!

aprilh Apprentice

Kassandra,

Thats so great how well you are doing! The emotional stuff must have been having a HUGE impact on your health.

Keep up the good work!

April

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I never intend to seem rude and unapproachable but I believe that I do come across that way since I've been told that for as long as I can remember. Also, at work I tend to be focused on whatever task I'm doing. I wear a baseball hat and people cant look me in the eyes as easily. Those things combined with my shyness make me seem unapproachable.

Also in the morning I would wear headphones and people would constantly tell me that I'm rude because I would ignore them when they would greet me. I wasnt ever hearing them! :P

Recently one guy told my co-worker that he likes me, thinks I'm cute but that I never acknowledge him, never respond to him when he says hello and that I'm mean. I couldnt believe it....I actually had never even SEEN the guy, never HEARD him and had no clue as to who he was. :huh:

Its almost like I'm in my own world sometimes because I just dont ever take the time to look around, smile at people or just say hello. After my coworker introduced the guy to me I made more effort to acknowledge him....but I'm shy by nature and that just doesnt go away so easily. I tend to block everything out if its going to make me uncomfortable.

Thanks for the link about EFT.....obviously I need some help in this area! :lol:

Nanjkay Apprentice
I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!

I'm doing great! It's unbelievable the difference the photon treatment has made.

If you want to go in the spring, you might make your appt. soon. I know there are several who want to go over there.

Carla-

I am so glad you are doing so well. In what ways, specifically are you doing better, or is it more generalized? Will you have to do maintenance?

Do you think I should plateau with Dr. H before I go, or is it advantageous to go at any point during treatment? If you could do it all again, would you forego the anti-biotics and go straight to photon therapy? What is Dr. H's feeling about the therapy, if anything?

I seem to be making the most headway now with the Babesia, with memory problems (I can recall words again!! pretty necessary for a writer!) and with OVERALL health, but I do sense I am hitting a wall dealing with the Lyme as my fibro is still very bad as are sleep issues and morning symptoms. I have had the Lyme for so, so long, i feel like it needs a JOLT. :lol:

Is one type of Lyme patient a better candidate for photon treatment than another?

And one more question - how do I find the people who are going in the spring?

Thanks!!

Nancy

Nanjkay Apprentice

Me as well - It is unintended, but I have to be so focused in my job as well and some of it comes from having a rough go so to speak - being sick since i was in my twenties and having to work so hard for so long at our health, something that comes naturally and without effort for most of our peers. When you are sick, your priorities line up much more quickly. You can't afford to "waste" precious energy. And you find out very quickly who your true friends are when you have health issues.

Nancy

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Ok this is totally me! I was VERY shy as a child. And now my little boy can be very shy at times. He's even growled at strangers when they try to talk to him. :huh: After going gluten free he actually showed HUGE improvements.

On SCD he has come out of his shell even more. When I tested him on "regular" food recently he backtracked a bit. Now his behavior leans towards behavior ADD type reactions.

You should have seen his most recent school picture. He is giving the photographer a total eat *poop* look! Its totally because he didn't know him at all. If someone talks to him in the store, he gives them eat *poop* looks too. Its kinda funny but sad too.

One time he was climbing on stairs or something at the museum and the lady that worked there told him to get down. He growled so loud, turned red and shook his fist at her....I was so embarrassed!

I do think Mercury has an impact on this trait. I'm not shy like when I was a kid but I don't really strike up conversations with people I don't know. And I CANNOT get in front of a crowd and speak!

April,

It might be that the eat *poop* looks are caused by him reacting to something. I notice big changes in my attitude when something is "off" in my diet. The change is so noticeable....not just to me but to everyone who knows me. They can actually tell now when my diet is not right.

When I wasnt able to eat brownies for those few weeks and I was trying to substitute other healthier foods I was going downhill. Even though I'm shy I'm not actually mean when people approach me....BUT when I'm not feeling well and I'm depressed I get very snappish. I can tell that I'm not patient with people, I make no effort to be friendly and I'm positive that I give them that same eat *poop* look.

Its like I just cant be bothered and I'm not even aware of how rude I was until immediately after I say something and I hear the tone of my voice. These symptoms are huge red flags for me that I'm reacting to things (usually in my diet). I become more withdrawn during these times but its not really related to the shyness.....because I dont even want to talk to my friends. Its mostly because I dont feel good...both physically and emotionally.

I would say that I've always been painfully shy. I never understood how some people could just talk to EVERYONE.....like Carla talking to people at the gas pumps, grocery store, etc. :P

I'm more like burying my head in the gossip magazines thinking ...."please dont talk to me...please dont talk to me." :lol:

and yes....I think I would have freaked out if Donna pressed her head against my car window when she saw me at the doctors office. :lol:

My kindergarten reports stated the same thing each quarter....that I was not participating in group play. I had to be forced to interact with the other kids. I would play....but only by myself unless there was some type of intervention.

I do think that mercury plays a role.

All through elementary school and junior high I did not experience the shyness.....but I was grouped with the same kids for all of those years. I was in Catholic school and remained in the same class with the same kids through each grade....so my environment was the same....and the teachers were the same. During that time I was NOT shy....I was the kid who always got in trouble for disrupting the class. I was comfortable in my environment and so I was totally outgoing and talkative.

This is how I am at work....but not with customers, new employees or anyone that I dont know. I still get "in trouble" for talking too much. :lol:

I totally withdrew when I got sick...even from my friends....and then after making diet changes there was an obvious change and I started to come out of my shell more. There have even been times where I've felt like I might actually be less shy than I was before I got sick....but its hard to tell. I think certain triggers (like food colorings or other chemicals) make me get extremely hyper and super talkative. It may just seem that during those reactions I'm less shy....but in reality I'm just "buzzed"....as if I'd had a few drinks. :rolleyes:

I have never been able to speak in front of a crowd. I would DIE if I had to do that. :ph34r:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I showed Scott your picture on here and he said he had never seen your hair down, that you always wore a baseball cap. :lol:

haha....thats funny! :lol:

I know that he's seen me without a baseball hat because for LED treatments I had to be as plain as could be...no belts, hats, jewelery or make-up. I think I was wearing my hair up though...in a ponytail...so its true that he's probably never seen my hair down.

I wear a hat everyday at work....and I always think its funny if I go into my work on the weekend and I'm not wearing a hat. The people that I work with everyday will walk right past me and not even recognize me! :lol:

They're not used to seeing me without a hat and they always say that I look like a totally different person. Oh yeah...and they can SEE my eyes! :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
Oh YAY, this is AMAZING!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Ditto Kassandra. :D

I wear a hat everyday at work....and I always think its funny if I go into my work on the weekend and I'm not wearing a hat. The people that I work with everyday will walk right past me and not even recognize me! :lol:

They're not used to seeing me without a hat and they always say that I look like a totally different person. Oh yeah...and they can SEE my eyes! :lol:

:lol: I can totally see that.

People have told me before that I appear stuck up too. I don't know if that's changed. I always try to smile at people, even though I'm not talkative. I love people, just don't do well with chatting. I am capable of talking though, but that's when it's more personal in natrue.

dlp252 Apprentice

OMGosh...RACHEL, you MUST go to Open Original Shared Link and look for "Death by Gossip"!!!!!!

It's the cutest picture of a little puppy with a cell phone in his ear, and you MUST read the little story. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
OMGosh...RACHEL, you MUST go to Open Original Shared Link and look for "Death by Gossip"!!!!!!

It's the cutest picture of a little puppy with a cell phone in his ear, and you MUST read the little story. :lol:

ROFLMAO Donna.......that is freakin hilarious!!! :lol:

I totally laughed out loud.....and I had to wonder how many people I've killed over the phone. :lol:

P.S....I do have a close friend named Becky. :D

and that is the cutest little puppy! :)

tabasco32 Apprentice
ROFL about floppy intestines! What a scientific term!!! :o Now I wonder what the downside is of having a too floppy intestine???

I don't want floppy guts. :( It's bad enough I have bubble guts everyday.

dlp252 Apprentice
I don't want floppy guts. :( It's bad enough I have bubble guts everyday.

I would have never known I had them if he hadn't put that medical term for fixing it on my sheet of paper listing everything he did. No one has ever told me I had them. I DO wonder if that isn't the cause of some of my gut symptoms though.

CarlaB Enthusiast
but I'm shy by nature and that just doesnt go away so easily.

No, it doesn't. I used to be shy and made a conscious decision to overcome it and it took months. Now I've so completely overcome it that when I told a friend of mine who I have known for about 10 years that I was very shy, he burst out laughing! LOL Then he asked Adam if I was shy when we met, and he said yes .... that was when I was still working on overcoming it (when we met).

Carla-

I am so glad you are doing so well. In what ways, specifically are you doing better, or is it more generalized? Will you have to do maintenance?

Symptoms are gone. I will have random symptoms, like right now I have this pseudo-sinus infection. My sinuses feel infected, but the mucus is not yellow .... I think that it might be a healing reaction as sinus infections are something I've had frequently. But my normal Lyme symptoms are gone.

Once per month for two days I get a little fatigued. I am currently treating babesia and erlichia (started today), so hopefully once I get the coinfections treated I will no longer have flares at all. I am thinking that my insomnia probably won't go away until I treat bart as it got a lot better when I was treating bart previously (on abx).

Do you think I should plateau with Dr. H before I go, or is it advantageous to go at any point during treatment? If you could do it all again, would you forego the anti-biotics and go straight to photon therapy? What is Dr. H's feeling about the therapy, if anything?

Dr. H doesn't know enough about it to formulate an opinion on it. I would have skipped abx and gone straight for photons if I had known about them. Those who went and who had more issues than I did are having to treat more viruses, metals, etc. than I am, but everyone who went really seems to be happy with it.

my fibro is still very bad as are sleep issues and morning symptoms. I have had the Lyme for so, so long, i feel like it needs a JOLT. :lol:

Fibro was a big symptom for me. Until it went away, I don't think I realized how bad it was.

Is one type of Lyme patient a better candidate for photon treatment than another?

I don't believe so. I think that someone who has a multitude of issues won't see the dramatic results I did in only three weeks, but I think that in the end it would work for anyone.

And one more question - how do I find the people who are going in the spring?

Thanks!!

Nancy

There is a thread on Lymenet where people talk about going. Search Lymenet for Bionic 880 and I'm sure that thread will come up. I'd use that to find out who is going.

haha....thats funny! :lol:

I know that he's seen me without a baseball hat because for LED treatments I had to be as plain as could be...no belts, hats, jewelery or make-up. I think I was wearing my hair up though...in a ponytail...so its true that he's probably never seen my hair down.

Maybe he just said hair down .... I remember him mentioning caps, but maybe it was most of the time, but hair always up .... dunno.

christine 25 Newbie

You guys remember when i said I was having panic attacks and hart palpaitations for about two weeks.

Well I got my blood work back the other day, after the docs told me it was all normal. I took it to an intergrative medicine doc in my area, shes holistic and an MD. Anyway, my vitamin D level was 33, which she thought could be a little higher.

everything else was normal that they checked including the TSH level, which was 0.4

WTF

I have never had a TSH lower than 1 in my life, its usually 1.2-1.8 on average, so that was really weird. She was like, umm you thyroid is a little low there, so im going to order a t4, and antibodies,,, uggg here we go again.. but she was really cool for catching that.

Also, she is ordering cal, and mag levels and so other vitamin levels and stuff.

She recommened that I take

fish oil x 2 a day (nordic naturals)

magnesium x 2 a day

calcium x 2 a day

B-50 time released complex twice a day

(I think I will rotate taking these every 3rd day, taking them every day would give me D and unnecessary headaches)

And get this,,, that I strictly avoid GLUTEN, even though i dont have the genes. She said that there are a lot of false negatives.

She gave me a list of foods to avoid and its quite counter intuitive. It doesn't include dairy. It does include Flax. Hmm

Stating the obvious here, but its true. So its good to have that validation from doctors that are covered under my student health insurance, and it will be interesting to see what tests she ordered and how they come back.

Hopefully I get my period this month too!!! THat would be a bonus.

So wholy cow, what the heck is up with the hyper ass thyroid, besides Im about 15 lbs over weight right now, wouldnt my ass be skinny with a TSH that low,ahh who cares... ill have it checked later...

do you guys think that is low?

aprilh Apprentice
April,

It might be that the eat *poop* looks are caused by him reacting to something. I notice big changes in my attitude when something is "off" in my diet. The change is so noticeable....not just to me but to everyone who knows me. They can actually tell now when my diet is not right.

When I wasnt able to eat brownies for those few weeks and I was trying to substitute other healthier foods I was going downhill. Even though I'm shy I'm not actually mean when people approach me....BUT when I'm not feeling well and I'm depressed I get very snappish. I can tell that I'm not patient with people, I make no effort to be friendly and I'm positive that I give them that same eat *poop* look.

Its like I just cant be bothered and I'm not even aware of how rude I was until immediately after I say something and I hear the tone of my voice. These symptoms are huge red flags for me that I'm reacting to things (usually in my diet). I become more withdrawn during these times but its not really related to the shyness.....because I dont even want to talk to my friends. Its mostly because I dont feel good...both physically and emotionally.

I would say that I've always been painfully shy. I never understood how some people could just talk to EVERYONE.....like Carla talking to people at the gas pumps, grocery store, etc. :P

I'm more like burying my head in the gossip magazines thinking ...."please dont talk to me...please dont talk to me." :lol:

and yes....I think I would have freaked out if Donna pressed her head against my car window when she saw me at the doctors office. :lol:

My kindergarten reports stated the same thing each quarter....that I was not participating in group play. I had to be forced to interact with the other kids. I would play....but only by myself unless there was some type of intervention.

I do think that mercury plays a role.

All through elementary school and junior high I did not experience the shyness.....but I was grouped with the same kids for all of those years. I was in Catholic school and remained in the same class with the same kids through each grade....so my environment was the same....and the teachers were the same. During that time I was NOT shy....I was the kid who always got in trouble for disrupting the class. I was comfortable in my environment and so I was totally outgoing and talkative.

This is how I am at work....but not with customers, new employees or anyone that I dont know. I still get "in trouble" for talking too much. :lol:

I totally withdrew when I got sick...even from my friends....and then after making diet changes there was an obvious change and I started to come out of my shell more. There have even been times where I've felt like I might actually be less shy than I was before I got sick....but its hard to tell. I think certain triggers (like food colorings or other chemicals) make me get extremely hyper and super talkative. It may just seem that during those reactions I'm less shy....but in reality I'm just "buzzed"....as if I'd had a few drinks. :rolleyes:

I have never been able to speak in front of a crowd. I would DIE if I had to do that. :ph34r:

In high school I actually took a zero on a report to avoid getting up in front of the class....that's how bad it was. I have gotten better since I have been older. I still am not the chatty cathy type...but once I get to know someone I am very open.

I do think that my son's issues are food related. And maybe the parasite problems too. The gut imbalance causes the neurotransmitters to be off. I guess that could be one piece of the puzzle.

His new pediatrician is a DAN doctor. And when he went in for his last well check...he was so open and talkative with the doctor! It was so unusual. He had never met him in his life which usually leads to the eat poop looks and growls...so now the doctor thinks he's fine.

I know he's not autistic but I do want some more testing done and he uses Great Plains Lab and a lot of it can be covered by my insurance.

nora-n Rookie

About the TSH of 0,4, down from 1-ish, it is within the normal variation. And, if you just had a small cold, it is normal for the TSH and ft4 to drop down, and then they go back up, even see-sawing a little bit. One usualy waits some weeks, maybe 3-6 weeks, and sees what happened then. If you did not have another cold or something, the TSh and the thyroid hormones give a better picture.

This phenomenon of low TSH and low ft4/ft3 during illness is called NTI or NTIS, non thyroid illness or non thyroid illness syndrome.

So don't get worried yet.

Also, normally TSH is half the number in the afternoon compared to the morning.

Archived