This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor

You guys have been kind today......it's been awfully quite.

Andrea,

Was it you that had a problem w/ the WhF 365 brand almBtr? It's cheaper than the rest and I loooooooove it.

Wasn't me. I buy the Maranatha.

We found out when we went to see my Dad in Arizona about the food stuff. We bought food down there and packed it up to take back. We had some cashew butter and fruit spread left, neither which is inexpensive.

So My mom and i were talking and we were thinking what if we went at it like i was a baby - starting with the easiest things to digest and then step by step adding more complex things. Kind of like completly retraining my system. It would be hard becasue it would put me on a very limited diet but it might be a good idea I am going to talk to my doc about it today. Does this make sense i don't kow if i explained it right but i think it might.

What do you think?

Sounds like a good plan. I'll be curious as to what your doctor says.

I LOVE the 365 brand almond butter...especially the organic...haven't looked at the price of that...I just buy it, lol. I don't think I want to know. :ph34r:

I haven't seen organic. :huh: I just looked too. The Maranatha was 12.99 for the organic.

The only way you'd be able to get almond butter on the airplane aside from buying it in a jar that is less than 3 oz. (isn't it 3 oz. max?), would be to have it already on your bread/crackers. At least you'd have food on the airplane.

That's what the guy said when they confiscated our partial jars. If it is in a sandwich it's ok.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

Seth had his last toxic substance treatment today.....polio.

Everyone cleared their last treatments. :D I was thrilled with that for T and the plastics!

Wednesday and Thursday we have the foods for the children. We are all going to be mighty hungry this week with such a limited diet. :(

I had them run the ASYRA for me today. :o When I have time to type it up I will and then I'll need to decide how much to post here. :)

tom Contributor
That's what the guy said when they confiscated our partial jars. If it is in a sandwich it's ok.

Oh yeah, my incident was just a mistake.

Every other trip, that bag was checked and held my almBtr. Checked a bunch of bigger stuff this time. That rollerbag barely fit into the overhead too! it didnt have much in it either. I stuffed a humongous duffel w/ most everything, using up that 50lb limit.

(I bring plane food in my jacket and briefcase. That almBtr was for here.)

Speaking of mistakes, :lol::o , I thought I was going home Fri, but had made a mistaken click. I think it was when checking the "3 days later" prices, then leaving the room. WHen i got back, i just clicked the $128 RT one (what a price!!) so now i get to stay thru another festival!!

It's the 32nd annual Tapestry of the Arts or whatever. They've changed the name before. 3 days & 4 or 5 stages of music incl 2 acts i've played w/, yippee!

Open Original Shared Link

tom Contributor

Oops got way behind again . . . .

Congratulations on the lease!!! I have to laugh at the shopping thing though...I go when they first open . . . . .(Actually most of this is driven by the fact that I see my mother and aunt most Saturday mornings and they want me there early, lol.)

Thx and LOL!! You think I don't know what time WhF opens on Sat??!

<uhhh oh wait . . .. . .you'd be right . . . ummm . . 8? . .7?>

Dear tom,

You are going to SJ again! That will be fun! What are you going to do this time? Maybe you and Donna will get to meet up. Hopefully this time you will get to talk some more, since last time had to be a quick visit because she was working.

Oh we will again. Hehe :) Whether this trip or after I'm here permanently.

Few plans right now until the wkend. I'm not sure what I'm doing tomorrow, but I also didn't know what I was going to do today and ended up SO busy from 8:30am to ~8pm!

Went and checked out that GIANT WhF in Cupertino w/ a friend on Sunday. It IS immense. ~64,000 sq ft I think. Next SJ one will 86,000!

There's a cooking school that seems to be repeated segments all day and all free! It's like being at a Food Network taping. I'm can't say for sure how many "restaurants" are in there. The sushi island was big enough that 9 ppl were working in it.

By the huge fish counter, there's a grill island and tables and counter seating and u can buy some fish or A fish and take 8-10 steps to the grill area and tell them how u want it cooked.

At least 2 other areas where u can get food made-to-order. And of course all the usual prepared ready-to-eat stuff. Except that that area may have been 3x as big as what I usually see!

More more more of everything!! :o:)

Pseu-zee? Yoohoo? No idea whether MissQ poops thru omg anymore. :( Anyway, if ya see this, they had SIX types of bacon in the butcher's case and EVERY ONE of them had an ingred tag. Didn't read them all but I'll bet at least 5 are gluten-free. :P

The place might even actually be TOO big. Nice to see 6 (count 'em, six) registers for 15 items or less. It was jam-packed, but it *was* 1st wkend open.

Dear Donna,

Yeah, I doubt tom could stop me either! Cookies are so good! I miss oreos. I know that even if tom could stop you, it would not look good him tackeling you in the store! :lol: People could get the wrong idea!

Gimme another month and I'll stop u both at the SAME TIME!

Your room was 78 degrees? No wonder you could not rest! I cannot sleep if I am hot either! I get overheated easily.

Don't visit Phx betw March & October!

donna-

its too bad we are in different time zones it would be great to ahve someone to call at 2:30 in the morning -its not sucha popular wake up time........I wonder why?

Right now it's 4:42am your time, miamia. Callcall meme! What the heck, I'll talk. I often want to talk to ppl when it's too late to be calling them. And you're 3 hrs ahead!

Dear Mia,

I know what you mean. There are times I am awake at odd hours. You guys are an hour ahead of us. I could talk to you at 2:30 am if I am awake. That would be 1:30 our time!

That does it, I'm PM'g everyone my ph#. :D

After 9pm, it's free minutes anyway.

mftnchn Explorer

Andrea, that's great news. I am really looking forward to hearing about improvements these treatments make, even if you can't do everything right now.

miamia Rookie

Carla-

that was kind of the idea- that the baby food would be easiest to digest. I think i have found foods that are relativly safe for me but they still don't leave me comfortable they are just better than most. But i need to try to find things that don't keave me so uncomfortable. I eat all the time but it leaves me so uncomfortable and this can't be good for my body which needs to heal.

I went to whole foods yesturday becasue they have all these new baby foods (ones that are fresh and not jarred) so there is no citric acid or anything. I bought a few and might try to slowly add them and then if i can find enought hta sit ok try to just do them for a little while and see if it helps.

Andrea-

it has been really quiet- its always eerie when that happens. MAranthat nut butters are expensive. I only like this one brand Kettle its $7.99 a jar. (not so good, not so bad). God you have been busy with all the treatments. Do you feel like you ahve seen any improvements with the kiddies?

Jin-

Yeah- ia m prone to reflux . Fruit really does me in so in terms of baby foods or anything else i stear clear of it. Especially while my body is in such a sensitive state.

YEsturday in my physical therapy session he used the chi machine on me. I told him i was thiking of getting one but not sure. He said he will use it one me in my next few visits so i can judge if it would be worth it for me to get one. He knows i ahve no money and said their is no point in me getting it if i am going to just throw it under the bed- i said yeah this is my fear.

today i have chelation and colonics. I hope it goes ok. its funny this day drains me yet i look forward to it becasue it makes me feel really proactive.

tom-

ok next time i can't sleep i am getting on line and looking for you!!

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, I slept a LITTLE better last night, and I'm wondering if now the Transfer Factor LymePlus isn't a factor. I ran out...thought I had another bottle in my cabinet, but didn't, so the last dose I took was on Sunday night. I usually take 1, 1 hour before bed and then another 1 at bedtime. Maybe this is causing some "detox" action, and by not taking it, didn't have as much to detox. I don't know, just a theory...I won't be picking up more until this weekend when I can get over to the BioSET place, so I can test out my theory this week.

Another thing that happened though is that I woke up at 3:45 with my horrible heel itch. This hasn't happened in a long time. I always thought it was tied to something I was eating, and since I haven't had it in a long time, kind of confirmed that in my mind. Yesterday I ate something I haven't eaten in a LONG time. Cranberry fruit spread (sweetened with apple juice). I had just a little (like less than a teaspoonful)...I used to eat it all the time and still had a jar in my cabinet, so decided to try a little on my turkey last night. I think that may be it, although I always thought it might be chicken.

Speaking of chicken, I'm going to try chicken for dinner tonight. :ph34r: Anna desensitized me, so I'm going to try it.

That is good your aunt is the only one that is so negative. My aunt is like your sister. She actually talks so fast, you cannot hardly understand half of the words she is saying! :huh: I swear, she could put an auctioneer to shame! :lol: Then, she turns around and says she thinks I talk a lot! Regardless, the chrystal still is necessary to protect you from being drained.

I don't talk to my sister on a regular basis (we kind of did for a while after my dad died)...she emails me all the time, but I mostly delete the emails, lol. They are mostly jokes, but I guess one time she had emailed me something else and I had deleted it...she had to send another email with a special note in the subject line to make sure I wouldn't delete it, lol. You may have guessed that my siblings and I are not real close. :lol: They are all a lot older than I am and we never really lived together...especially this sister, she never lived with us. The other sister and brother lived with us for a short time, but they are a lot older.

I haven't seen organic. :huh: I just looked too. The Maranatha was 12.99 for the organic.

I'm going to try to remember to look at the price this weekend, even though I don't think I'm going to buy anymore. I really think I'm having small reactions to the almond butter. Cashew butter still seems to be okay for me though.

I want to hear about your ASYRA results, so if you don't want to post them here, email me with whatever you feel comfortable sharing.

Gimme another month and I'll stop u both at the SAME TIME!

Ha, in another month (if I can't stay away from those stupid cookies and/or chocolate chips) I'll probably STILL be able to take you and maybe half of SJ too. :lol:

I only like this one brand Kettle its $7.99 a jar. (not so good, not so bad).

Wow, it's nice you get to test out the chi machine before buying one!

I like the Kettle brand too...I've bought their Hazelnut butter before. You kind of have to like hazelnuts, but it's not bad.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
Don't visit Phx betw March & October!

We were there for a convention in April of this year, I think it was April ... it was right before you joined the thread. Anyway, you guys were having a "cold snap"! One guy at the hotel told us it was the best weather any convention had had that spring. It was great, I spent a lot of time at the pool and the spa (worked out, massage, facial, etc.).

Carla-

that was kind of the idea- that the baby food would be easiest to digest. I think i have found foods that are relativly safe for me but they still don't leave me comfortable

I hear ya' on the discomfort ... I always say, I hate to eat! I don't actually have reactions, it's just my stomach is uncomfortable after almost anything.

Oddly enough, the only thing that doesn't cause discomfort is dairy ... so I eat my whipped cream on berries and my latte every day. I'd really like to cut out the dairy ... or at least cut down on it, but it supplies about 600 calories per day right now. I can't wait to be able to eat more fresh foods like salads and steamed veggies, but right now I can't. I also can't wait till I'm done with Mepron because it requires fat ... I hate eating fat first thing in the morning! Yuck!

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea, that's great news. I am really looking forward to hearing about improvements these treatments make, even if you can't do everything right now.

Andrea-

God you have been busy with all the treatments. Do you feel like you ahve seen any improvements with the kiddies?

I'm going to post later. Seth still has a couple hours of detox and I'm rushing to get caught up. Micah is holding him on the couch now because he started coming over by the computer.

Well, I slept a LITTLE better last night, and I'm wondering if now the Transfer Factor LymePlus isn't a factor. I ran out...thought I had another bottle in my cabinet, but didn't, so the last dose I took was on Sunday night. I usually take 1, 1 hour before bed and then another 1 at bedtime. Maybe this is causing some "detox" action, and by not taking it, didn't have as much to detox. I don't know, just a theory...I won't be picking up more until this weekend when I can get over to the BioSET place, so I can test out my theory this week.

I'll be curious as to what you find out with this. Makes a lot of sense to me.

I'll be emailing the full list to whoever wants it and will post the LED/foods here probably.

AndreaB Contributor

S isn't quite done with detox yet, but he fell asleep on the couch. :)

The ASYRA report.......

Parasite Signatures - Prosthogonimus macrorchis

PH Imbalance - Alkali

Virus Signatures - Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Virus

Phenolic Sensitivities - Histamine: This phenolic is often used for hay fever, asthma, depression, congestion, hyperactivity, sinusitis, stomach discomfort, and fatigue; patients often have high pollen allergies. Occurs naturally in the following foods: black bass, beer, cows milk, catfish, chicken, cocoa, codfish, crabmeat, flounder, haddock, halibut, ham, lobster, goat milk, breast milk, mutton, oyster, perch, salmon, scallop, shrimp, trout, tuna fish, turkey, and yeast mix.

Phenolic Sensitivities - Salsolinol Indications: addictive attachment or cravings for chocolate or alcohol, vascular headache, and problems associated with muscle coordination. Occurs naturally in chocolate and alcohol.

Dairy: Parmesan, Ricotta, Cottage Cheese, Egg-Whole, Ice Cream

Fish & Crustaceans: Catfish, Scallop

Fruit: Apricot, Blueberry, Cantaloupe, Grapes-Green

Grains: Gluten, Spelt, Whole-wheat

Legumes: Black bean, Kidney bean

Meat & Poultry: Duck

Nuts & Seeds: Walnut

Oils: Canola oil

Spices: Cloves, Parsley, Salt-iodized

Sugars & Sweeteners: Corn Syrup

Vegetables: Alfalfa Sprouts, Eggplant, Mushroom, Peppers-yellow, Spinach, Squash

Energetic Baseline Report

Stressed: Bladder Resonance, Pancreas Resonance, Urinary Tract Resonance

Weakened: Appendix Resonance

LED Evaluation

Toxic Focus:

Sacral Ganglia

Prostate

Spleen Region

Lower Right Quadrant

Gallbladder Region

Toxic Substances:

Mercury I, II, III Group also Thimerosal & Hg Group

Halo Group

Sulfa Family Compounds

AL Group

Rabies

Diptheria

Autoimmunity:

Mu Bs Group

Ly Ear Eye Group

Female Group

Apit Group

Energetic Baseline Report

Stressed: Appendix Resonance, Reproductive Organs Resonance

Weakened: Maxillary Sinus Resonance, Parathyroid Resonance

OK, my few thoughts.....I'm not nearly as articulate as Rachel is. :D

I haven't looked up the parasite yet, if I can find anything under an official name. I'm not sure what the virus thing is. I haven't gone over this with Dr. E, just wanted it run and that doesn't take much time, or money. :) I think Rachel had posted something about parasites liking an alkali body? Somehow I thought it was better to be alkali than acidic, but if I remember correctly there is a tiny margin in between where it is ideal to be. I'm really surprised about this as I figured I'd tend more toward the acidic side.

The rabies was another surprise. Not sure about that one unless it's from a dog or cat bite. Horses don't carry rabies that I know of, they don't get rabies shots anyway. Also the diptheria coming up......haven't had that since childhood obviously. Mercury and aluminum, aresnic aren't surprising.

I asked how soon before amalgam removal she wants to see me next year and she said 4-6 weeks. We'll get the children through everything we can before September is out....unless Dr E is booked up. I figure we'll be able to do 2-3 more LED's after the next ART/ASYRA for the children.

Having a not to fun time on this no grain, not much else diet this week. Keep in mind that I just got my food sensitivities results and we just started yesterday. Here's what I had yesterday.....cantaloup, ground turkey, raw spinach, collard greens, green leaf lettuce. The only thing not on my list was collard greens and lettuce. We'll be eating pretty much the same thing everyday this week.....add in honeydew, kiwi and kale, chard. I think I also bought romaine lettuce.

Obviously the foods aren't a huge discomfort for me, especially since allergy season is over for me. I'll avoid as much as possible but not the meats, spinach or walnuts. The beans depends on what Mitch comes up with next week. We are hoping the children will be cleared and we'll be able to start eating legumes again. The children are all excited to have macaroni and cheese again (we use cashews). T is looking forward to being able to eat oranges and bananas again.

AndreaB Contributor

Ok, did some looking.

The parasite is common in chickens and other poultry it seems.

The virus is from rodents. I was bit by a rat when I was a young toddler; I used to own hamsters. Other than that I can't recall ever coming in contact with anything that would have infected me. It is transferable from mother to child.

Don't know about treatment for these. I'll have to talk to Dr. E I guess. :(

dlp252 Apprentice

Thanks Andrea...you're making me want to go get the ASYRA test, lol!

Got my blood drawn today for the test Anna ordered. The lab couldn't find the test...looked all over for it, I told them it was some kind of Vit D test. They ended up having to call Anna, who wasn't there for a long time, but they finally got through. Still never found the test, but she gave them another number they could use instead. Sheesh, lol...I was there for probably almost an hour, for a tiny little vial. :lol: Everyone was very nice though and the blood lady was good--didn't even feel the needle, so I'm not mad...and the lab guy said "you have a very nice doctor". Apparently a lot of doctors give them grief if they can't read what the doctors write, and apprently Anna was very nice (she really is, lol).

Got my mold results back.

The reference numbers:

1 to 4 total colonies per room is within a normal range

5 to 8 colonies per room is a cause for concern (illness possible)

9 total colonies per room is hazardous (illness likely)

Okay, so here are my results:

Kitchen, 1 total colony (Candida)

Bedroom, 2 total colonies (Candida)

Bathroom, 1 total colony (Candida)

Car (test plate was damaged so they couldn't count it)

Okay, now for the biggie:

Livingroom, 10 total colonies (Candida) :o<_<:(

My condo has CANDIDA :lol::o<_<:( Can a house have candida...why did I think that could only be inside the body?!

Must do research tomorrow... At least I know I don't have to tear up my bathroom...the mold may be inside the walls, but it's not inside my condo, so that's good.

But my livingroom...egads. I guess I really need to get rid of the carpet and furniture and curtains...could it be in the walls. Oh sheesh, lol. :lol: I'm putting my condo on a no sugar diet!

jerseyangel Proficient

Just popping in to say hello :D

Hope everyone' s doing well!

Donna--I just read that your living room has candida :o Maybe some Monistat in a carpet shampoo machine? :P

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna--I just read that your living room has candida :o Maybe some Monistat in a carpet shampoo machine? :P

:lol:

Hey Patti, we've missed you!!!

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

I only have one sibling. I suppose we are considered close. There are times that my brother is so negative that I just cannot stand it. :angry: He came over today, but luckily was not in a bad mood. In fact, he might even try the gluten-free diet! :) I told him, I will bake him a pie every week or cookies when he wants them if he will try it. He said Nutri-Grain Bars give him indigestion. My brother is 7 1/2 years older than me.

That is scary about your living room! :o I had no idea Candida could grow in your house. Who knew? I thought it only could survive in organisms. You learn something new everyday! I am sorry to hear you could not find that vial!

I will just wait for you to tackle tom in the cookie aisle at Whole Foods, then I will grab the cookies! :lol: He will be distracted.

I will get enough for both of us! Do you want chocolate, or does it matter? I am not too picky.

That is so weird about your heel itching again. Maybe it was the cranberries. It makes sense if that is something you have not had in a long time. I bet that drives you crazy! Also, let us know how you do with the chicken!

Dear Andrea,

I am glad you finally found out what that parasite was. How strange is that? I have not heard of that one before. The virus probably did get transmitted through the rodents. They can carry everything from Hanta to the Black Plague.

Thank you for the information on phenols! I did not know all of those foods naturally contained them. I will keep my attention on those in case I have problems with them. Now I know there is a common denominator. So far, those foods do not seem to bother me. However, I am addicted to chocolate.

That is wonderful news about T and your sons! I am so glad it took! You will be able to get at least one more treatment done now! :) It is great they all cleared for the LED treatments! Thank you for updating us on everything. I know it takes a while to type out!

I am so sorry to hear about the limited diet this week. That sure is going to be tough. It will be worth toughing out if T could eat more foods. I am one of those who needs flavor. I cannot stand to go without variety.

Dear Mia,

Fruit makes my tongue turn white. Sometimes I tolerate it, other times not. It depends on how long I have had it, and some other things. Canned fruit often has corn syrup. I do not always do well with that.

Reflux is so awful! I hate having it! :( I take Prilosec twice a day. If food is too hot or too cold, that makes a difference in whether or not my system is irritated. Once I went gluten-free, sometimes I get to cheat and not take one of my pills. Used to, I had to sleep practically sitting straight up! Soda crackers would cause it.

I am not sure you would want to buy a chi machine, either. That depends on your needs. If it helps you, then go for it.

I hope you did well with the chelation therapy and colonics today. It is good that you have positive feelings about them.

Dear tom,

S.J. will be a great place to go back to! Whether you see Donna before or after moving back, I am sure you will have fun talking! All kinds of wonderful things can be discussed. Hopefully next time, Donna will not have to work. I know last time you guys did not get to talk for very long.

That is great that you get to stay in the hotel for another festival! It sounds interesting. Tapestry is a true art. I sure am no good at sewing. I really need to learn how. I can design clothing, but need to be able to make it.

I think me and Donna can take you! :lol: Still, I might wait for Donna to knock you down, then make a run for it! That is my plan. I am too small to tackle anyone. When I want my cookies, you better watch it! I am doing better, though. I am not over indulging. My sugar intake has greatly reduced.

Dear Carla,

I would not want anything with a lot of fat in the morning, either. I do not think I would like that. It would make me want to gag. Really, a lot of fat any time of day makes me ill. The gallbladder being gone makes processing it to hard for my system.

It is good you do well on dairy. That is also surprising. Most people do not tolerate it well. It is a good source of calories. I can have cheese and I am fine. However, yogurt and pudding make me as sick as gluten. I suppose it is the lactose, because I can have chocolate. For some reason, when the milk is heated, I tend to tolerate it. I think there is some sort of chemical reaction that changes it.

Vegetables are kind of harsh on a lot of people. Even well cooked ones can hurt your stomach when you are sensitive to things. This gets frustrating fast. I do alright on small amounts of certain things. Other foods I can eat a lot of.

Dear Sherry,

Were you ever able to get that zinc you were looking for? When are your friends from the U.S. coming with your stuff?

Or have they done that already? I knew a while back you mentioned that. I am glad your current protocol is helping a lot.

Dear Patti,

I am so glad to see you! We all have missed you! How are you doing? Have you begun the moving process or anything? I was curious, because I have some tips that could make it easier for you.

Sincerely,

Jin

P.S. Has anyone heard from Lisa? I am worried.

AndreaB Contributor
Livingroom, 10 total colonies (Candida) :o<_<:(

My condo has CANDIDA :lol::o<_<:( Can a house have candida...why did I think that could only be inside the body?!

Must do research tomorrow... At least I know I don't have to tear up my bathroom...the mold may be inside the walls, but it's not inside my condo, so that's good.

But my livingroom...egads. I guess I really need to get rid of the carpet and furniture and curtains...could it be in the walls. Oh sheesh, lol. :lol: I'm putting my condo on a no sugar diet!

I didn't know buildings could have candida either. :o

Where's Rachel been? :unsure:

Hi Patti! :D

Jin, I don't know about Lisa. If anyone has heard from her it would be Rachel. I'm concerned as well.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

I hope Lisa is okay. We have not heard from her in so long. Normally if Rachel has heard from her, she tends to tell us. Rachel is not on here, either. I wonder what she is doing? Maybe she got to meet more cute guys.

Sincerely,

Jin

miamia Rookie

Donna-

geez- candida in the home- why am i not suprised. Tricky little suckers those candidites!!!Always just coming in where they are not invited and setting up shop!!!

Andrea-

thanks for the update.

Yeah i was wondering where Rachel has been.

Patti-

it is so good to see you. I have missed you!!!!

Yuck i slept terribly last night, i feel like i went to bed knowing it was going to be a bad night- i was hoping i was wrong.

I had my chelation and colonics yesturday and a long talk with my doc. So i ahve kind of an update but i will post about it later

Jin-

oh go i cant even imagine what would happen if i had fruit with syrup in it - I think i would probably end up hospitilized!!

miamia Rookie
We were there for a convention in April of this year, I think it was April ... it was right before you joined the thread. Anyway, you guys were having a "cold snap"! One guy at the hotel told us it was the best weather any convention had had that spring. It was great, I spent a lot of time at the pool and the spa (worked out, massage, facial, etc.).

I hear ya' on the discomfort ... I always say, I hate to eat! I don't actually have reactions, it's just my stomach is uncomfortable after almost anything.

Oddly enough, the only thing that doesn't cause discomfort is dairy ... so I eat my whipped cream on berries and my latte every day. I'd really like to cut out the dairy ... or at least cut down on it, but it supplies about 600 calories per day right now. I can't wait to be able to eat more fresh foods like salads and steamed veggies, but right now I can't. I also can't wait till I'm done with Mepron because it requires fat ... I hate eating fat first thing in the morning! Yuck!

Carla-

i really feel ya. The thing is i love to eat- but it hates me is what i always say!! Its crazy what sits well and what dosen't . If dairy works for you i think thats great. (Ok yes i am JEALOUS!!!) not so jealous of the fat in the morning though. Your post made me laugh becasue i always feel like such a dork. I miss fresh vegees - god i would probably die if i had a salad and before i got sick i had a salad with dinner every night. I am a big veggie girl. I ahve always been a healthy eater its just what my tastes are. I always say when people ask if i ate really bad before i got sick- "NO, this is what i get from a life time of healthy eating and excercise"

dlp252 Apprentice
Do you want chocolate, or does it matter? I am not too picky.

That is so weird about your heel itching again. Maybe it was the cranberries. It makes sense if that is something you have not had in a long time. I bet that drives you crazy! Also, let us know how you do with the chicken!

Chocolate of course, lol...course that's absolutely the worst thing I can have...came up all over the place in BioSET, but it's my favorite.

Didn't end up trying the chicken. It was in a ziplock bag, which looked okay when I took it out of the freezer, but when I took it out to cook it, it had a leak in the bag, so I decided not to chance eating it. If I eat it I want it to be a true test, so I'll buy some fresh this weekend and try it the same day I buy it.

Where's Rachel been? :unsure:

I've been wondering myself!

Yuck i slept terribly last night, i feel like i went to bed knowing it was going to be a bad night- i was hoping i was wrong.

I had my chelation and colonics yesturday and a long talk with my doc. So i ahve kind of an update but i will post about it later

Can't wait to hear the update. I didn't sleep well last night either, so it's not just the LymePlus for me, lol.

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, here are some things I found on my research about candida:

Yeast survival outside the host is poorly understood (Koike et al., 1992; Odds, 1991; Valdes-Collazo et al., 1987). We have found that Cryptococcus spp. and also Candida albicans survive well in the environment, i.e. more than 24 weeks in an experimental mixture of soil and water, at 20
Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

if anyone wants to check it out, the feature story, at least in the Monmouth County version, maybe the other counties too, in the Asbury Park Press (a major newspaper where I live in NJ) today is on my sister:

Open Original Shared Link

it's about her coping with RSD and her upcoming trip to Germany to get a ketamine induced coma to try to reset her nervous system... she has other medical issues which they don't really touch upon besides alluding to intestinal issues, and naturally, there's a lot omitted and whatnot when they write articles like this since they interviewed her and my parents for hours for information, but it at least covers some stuff and puts her story out there...

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh Charlie, I can't imagine what she is going through! Wow! The procedure sounds scarey in and of itself, but probably less so than a lifetime of the kind of pain she is in. Am I assuming correctly that that is a picture of her?

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
Oh Charlie, I can't imagine what she is going through! Wow! The procedure sounds scarey in and of itself, but probably less so than a lifetime of the kind of pain she is in. Am I assuming correctly that that is a picture of her?

yeah, that's a picture of her...

AndreaB Contributor

Sorry for the rough night. I'll be looking forward to an update.

Can't wait to hear the update. I didn't sleep well last night either, so it's not just the LymePlus for me, lol.

I'm sorry. :(

Well, here are some things I found on my research about candida:

and this, who knew there were so many different kinds....I knew there was more than one kind, but this many, lol:

and more:

So, since my carpet is more than 20 years old and the curtains are just about as old, and the couch is at least 15 years old, they probably have their fair share of "soil" :lol: I guess I need to get off my behind and do what I can to reduce that. Don't need money to get rid of the curtains, so that may be the first thing I do.

I didn't have time to read all this but :o . Yes, do what you can.

I'm off. We've got to get out of here in 10 minutes and I've got some things to finish. Just a hurry catch up.

Charlie, I'll have to read the article later. :)

Archived