• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
VydorScope

Food For Life gluten-free Brown Rice Bread

Rate this topic

Any one try this ? I have to trek out to Publix to get my dairy free butter, and notice they carry this one which Kroger does not. Kroger carries that EnerG stuff tthat my family does not like. This stuff worth trying next time I trek out there?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Acutally, it was the first bread I tried. Not too bad, a bit sticky but not as crumbly as some, taste not bad either. Worth a try!

Any one try this ? I have to trek out to Publix to get my dairy free butter, and notice they carry this one which Kroger does not. Kroger carries that EnerG stuff tthat my family does not like. This stuff worth trying next time I trek out there?

Very dense, but I actually like it. Great for PB&J.

- Lauren

Very dense and hard to pry apart. I think I through out the loafs I tried twice. Very gooey. No luck here, but I guess everyone's taste buds are different.

Monica

Sorry, but I didn't care for it! It was the first gluten-free bread that I tried--I bought the Brown Rice and the Pecan Raisin--the Pecan Raisin was acceptable only if toasted with a lot of butter. The regular Brown Rice--I did not like at all.

Ads by Google:

i love that bread. its the only one i eat. I only eat it toasted though. I have two slices toasted with butter every morning!

I am a big fan of all Food For Life gluten free breads and products, but as with any product it comes down to personal taste.

I like the brown rice bread and the Pecan, they have 2 new breads that don't have gluten or yeast- great for people who can't tolerate yeast as well- I think a nut, fruit, and seed variety and a nut and seed variety.

I definitely agree that the bread is better toasted. When I first bring it home from the store I separate out all the slices with a sheet of waxed paper in between and then I keep it in the freezer and just take out a slice at a time as needed and pop it into the toaster, other wise it's hard to get them apart when it's frozen. Also, I found it tended to get a little more dry when stored in the fridge, and it crumbled and fell apart when stored on the counter, so it works best for me stored in the freezer.

Ads by Google:

This is my favorite of all the gluten-free breads - kind of chewy, like a bagel. I freeze it but put wax paper between each slice before as they stick together. Freezes beautifully and stays soft and chewy!

dito..it's what i take traveling and used in CA

store as the person above said.

toasted it's wonderful and esp with p/pjudy

It was the first one for me and I really liked it! I'm not too picky though...I like the Ener-G stuff too.

Ads by Google:

The Brown Rice Bread is the one I eat too. I love it!

I tried the White Rice but it always fell apart.

Good luck to you in your bread search!

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to comment :)

After spending $11 of some loaves of gluten-free bread, I found this brown rice bread at Trader Joe's for $3.49, and I think it is my favorite!!

For the past 2 mornings I have been having 2 slices of it toasted with butter and yummy!! I actually love the chewiness. But then I was never really a fan of sandwich bread before.

I actually prefer all the gluten-free bread to any of the commercial wheat sandwich bread anytime!