• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Red Pinprick Dots

11 posts in this topic

lately i will be looking at my skin and find red pinprick dots in random spots usualy in a group of 2 i have 2 dots on my hands and then on my upper head right before my scalp 2 dots formed and they have gotten bigger to about the size of... well i cant think of the size its not big but there not small either like they are really viziable. Can this be something involved from celiac? or is this something of its own or anything for that matter.l

also instead of opening a new thread i had a silly question, are celiacs life expentance shorter then somone who is completly healthy also does celiac diesase usaly lead to other health problems or only in a select few?? I just thought it was a reaction to wheat and that all i had to do was change my diet to get better im just worryed that it will lead to something else. i know i worry alot its in my nature mainly because i was perfectly healthy then all at once i got really sick and its been aboutg a month and a half of brain fog and constant stomic pains

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Does it look like DH? It could just be a slight skin allergy to a new beauty product that you're using. My husband gets little red dots from certain body washes.

Providing that you don't have any complications from years of undiagnosed Celiac and providing that you are very strictly gluten free and your intestines are showing improvement from such diet, I wouldn't worry about life expectancy. You should be able to live a full and complete life, probably healthier than most since you'll need to be so in control of your diet. A lot of Celiacs find that they actually eat much healthier after diagnosis because they're forced to use fresh ingredients in cooking and find alternatives to the usual "junk" food that they snacked on prior to diagnosis.

I get little red dots that are usually due to a burst capillary vein. I get them around my eyes when I throw up, and I have some on my arm right now from scratching near a vein too much.

i was thinking capalerise as well but they have been there for about 3 weeks now and i thought capalerise usaly heal themselfs fairly quickly. and what is DH?

Tiny prinprick red dots are nothing to worry about (unless accompained by vomiting or other extreme symptoms)...they are merely blood vessels.

After being on the gluten-free diet for several years (some say 5...its debatable) your "life expectancy" should be quite normal.

Ads by Google:

definatly not DH ew those pics where gross now when u say gluten free for 5 years does that meen without any days where u accedently get glutened, i usaly can go for about 3 days until something happens and i get sick usualy becasue of a cooks error when going out to eat.

I get those too - sometimes I can atribute it to something that came into contact with my skin, other times, it is burst capilaries (sp???) from throwing up. They just seem to show up occasionally, can last for days or hours, or longer (rosacea for years but bumps gone now - just red) then they (except for the rosacea) go away.

lately i will be looking at my skin and find red pinprick dots in random spots usualy in a group of 2 i have 2 dots on my hands and then on my upper head right before my scalp 2 dots formed and they have gotten bigger to about the size of... well i cant think of the size its not big but there not small either like they are really viziable. Can this be something involved from celiac? or is this something of its own or anything for that matter.l

also instead of opening a new thread i had a silly question, are celiacs life expentance shorter then somone who is completly healthy also does celiac diesase usaly lead to other health problems or only in a select few?? I just thought it was a reaction to wheat and that all i had to do was change my diet to get better im just worryed that it will lead to something else. i know i worry alot its in my nature mainly because i was perfectly healthy then all at once i got really sick and its been aboutg a month and a half of brain fog and constant stomic pains

I have them, everytime I get sick I get more. In me they have never gone away, I still have the first ones I got over 6 or 7 years ago. I think they are from inflammation in the capillaries but I am not sure.

As to your second question, celiac can shorten life and lead to other very serious and sometimes permanent problems IF the diet is not followed. I believe if we are promptly diagnosed I have read that after 5 years gluten-free your cancer rate goes down to normal levels but don't know about other stuff. I was late in being diagnosed, 15 years from onset of daily D and other symptoms, I have permanent joint damage from the celiac although the pain is gone the deformity is still there, I have residual neurological problems and was also recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I eat a very healthy diet since my diagnosis with almost no carbs or sugar and weigh 106 lbs. My doctor said the diabetes is most like a direct result of my years of misdiagnosis. If you need the diet stay on the diet and don't play roulette with your future.

I get those dots all over my face, upper arms and chest from throwing up when I've been glutenend... as far as life expectancy, once you are on the gluten-free diet and adhere to it as strictly as possible, then your risk returns to that of normal population or even better because you are eating healthier than most. Occassional accidents aren't going to kill you, but they are slight setbacks... don't stress about them, and just keep trying to be as gluten-free as you can possibly be.

Gee I get mine on my legs and stomach area.... Mine stick around forever and also get raised up a bit, when I shave my legs and hit one of those buggers it bleeds like the red sea.....Docs say don't worry about them , I have about ten of them but they don't seem to go anywhere else on my body.....

mamaw