• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Sports Drinks

28 posts in this topic

does anyone drink the powerades and have problems. I had thought they were gluten free until i read this and was just wondering

paula

I am wondering about Powerade Ion4, which will be served at the Twin Cities Marathon- so will be made with the powder mix I'm sure. gluten-free?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Beware of info in posts, this is super old thread. :)

new to this forum but if someone is still looking for a sports drink then I suggest trying Gleukos one of the few all natural sports beverages I know of on the market. it is gluten free and available at whole foods, via amazon (I think), etc. It was developed by a runner in Oregon who knew the importance glucose plays in instant hydration. I hope this is helpful. as a mom I appreciate the fact that it does not have high fructose corn syrup, caffeine or stimulants either. my kids love the orange and pomegranate flavors. good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Deverett Newcomb

• Topics

• I think the gripe with this sort of article is that it's not telling the right story. When you write anything, you have a choice about whose story you tell and the consequences of it.  While such articles are factual in the sense that objectively, a GFD is worse than a similar regular one, the focus of these articles undermines the struggles of those who must be gluten-free while also not really giving any information that is likely to result in changed behaviour. All this sort of article does is justify the anti-gluten-free circlejerk. I think many of the journalists here think they're on the side of people with celiac disease because they're underlining that the fad diet is dumb/pointless/harmful/whatever. While this may be true, the message the reader remembers is this: the GFD is frivolous. It doesn't matter if there's a line in the article that says something about how the GFD is a medical necessity for those with celiac disease. People don't remember the asterisk in the article. All they remember is that the GFD is for idiots.  What would be valuable and useful is discussing celiac disease - symptoms, longterm consequences etc. and how strict those with celiac disease must be with the GFD in the context of this research. This will do a better job of convincing people that the fad diet is dumb, but do so in a responsible way that doesn't undermine the real problems faced by those with celiac disease or other medical conditions. Plus, the increased awareness might make someone realize that they should get tested.
    • I had to run go google zonulin. Never heard of that! Makes perfect sense though.. I assume every single person on earth with AI disease has leaky gut! Ya know, I drank several glasses to a bottle of merlot every night after work to "unwind" for many years before I figured out it aggravating the leaky gut! I'm SO glad I quit before it did more damage ... Seriously, metformin is awesome. I love it. Great for metabolic resistance and free at a lot of places with an RX!
    • I am on Armour too.  No metformin for me yet.  I am trying to manage on a low carb high fat diet for many reasons like having a damaged gut and being allergic to so many meds (yah know....swelling, hives, etc.).  Leaky gut.  Nope.  Better.  Zonulin seems to be increased in celiacs.  I am going to blame my gut on that!  Seriously, there seems to be a link.  
    • Dang, Ennis.  You rock!  Ironic and I must be near brain dead.  Did I mention that school is out today!!!!!!  I feel so sleep deprived!  S U M M E R! 
    • Wow you have ALOT going on! Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues. Are you super duper strict with avoiding gluten or do you think you are still getting cross contamination? I will check out that portion of the forum- THANKS a bunch for that. It is all a bit overwhelming. I saw some people post that they saw "dramatic improvement!" within 2 weeks and I'm going rreeeaaalllly? *insert sarcasm.. haha. I know I wont get that lucky. I take metformin and armour and victoza. Type 2 diabetes runs in my family too. My glucose levels were never really high and I never got the official type 2 diagnosis but ive dropped all excess weight on these meds. I hope to wean soon. Did you fix the leaky gut? That is a daunting task isn't it!    
  • Upcoming Events