This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cream Style Corn

jaten

jaten Enthusiast

Hi all! What cream style corn brands are gluten-free? I need major, national brands please...available store brands vary too much regionally.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jaten Enthusiast

hello...any thoughts on gluten-free cream style corn? I found a recipe for mexican corn bread that looks yummy but i need cream style corn. HELP!!

darlindeb25 Collaborator

My source says that DelMonte Cream Corn is gluten-free, but of course, read the ingredients.

I would like to add, I love the dog, reminds me of a pet we had when I was a kid, he was an Engliah Setter. Deb

mauder Newbie
Hi all! What cream style corn brands are gluten-free? I need major, national brands please...available store brands vary too much regionally.

I thought Green Giant was consider gluten-free.

psawyer Proficient
Green Giant is a trusted brand. If there is gluten in a Green Giant product, it will be clearly stated in the ingredient list as wheat, rye, oats or barley, using one of those words.
angel-jd1 Community Regular

Green Giant is a General Mills company and won't hide gluten in the labels. I believe that I have eaten their creamed corn before and had no troubles. I believe they use corn starch as their thickener. Just read the label to be sure!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

dionnek Enthusiast

I use Del Monte but haven't called the company - nothing in the ingredients list though so seems safe.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jaten Enthusiast

Excellent! Green Giant & Del Monte....thanks everyone for the tips on these brands & the labeling policy.

Thanks for the compliment on my dog, Haines, Darlindeb. The vet says he's a mix of some kind of setter or spaniel & a golden retriever. He'd been abandoned at the animal shelter a few years ago...I can't imagine....he's an INCREDIBLE dog!

• 4 years later...
Walshska Newbie

Hi,

The Green Giant cream style corn is not gluten-free. When I called them they gave me a great website with different products that are gluten free. If it's not on the list it's not gluten-free.

Open Original Shared Link

They couldn't tell me why it's not gluten free but it isn't. :(

Walshska Newbie

I called Del Monte and their cream style corn is GLUTEN FREE!! Yay!

psawyer Proficient

This topic is almost five years old. General Mills have not changed their label policy--any gluten ingredient will be clearly disclosed by naming the grain.

However, in 2011, "not gluten-free" often means only that the product is not tested and the company won't risk legal liability.

Read more about customer service answers here.

• 7 months later...
christou29 Newbie

So is the green giant is gluten free please???

sa1937 Community Regular

So is the green giant is gluten free please???

Since Green Giant is a General Mills company, they clearly label their products so a glance at the label should tell you.

christou29 Newbie

Since Green Giant is a General Mills company, they clearly label their products so a glance at the label should tell you.

Thank you, the label is ok (no wheat mentionned). But when I read this post I wasn't sure that it was ok!

christou29 Newbie

I got an answer from General Mills:

Thank you for contacting us about gluten in Green Giant cream style corn.

General Mills offers several products that are labeled gluten-free. Please check the package label for the gluten-free statement on the front/side/back of the package. Only products that can be verified to be gluten free will be declared as gluten free on the label. It is important to check the product label each time you purchase a product because it has the most accurate information about the product in the package.

Because we constantly strive to improve our products′ quality and nutritional value, the most up-to-date product information is on the package the product is purchased in. For that reason, we do not distribute product information lists as they could quickly become outdated. A current list of products on the market that are gluten free can be found by visiting www.glutenfreely.com. It is important to check the package label before purchasing for the gluten-free statement on the front/side/back of the package to verify that the package you choose is gluten free.

For products not labeled gluten free, we will always declare gluten containing ingredients if they are added to the product. If the ingredient declaration lists wheat, oats, barley, rye, or derivatives of these grains, then the product contains gluten. Examples of derivative ingredients include: malt, barley malt, organic malt, semolina, Durham, triticale, and spelt. We do not include gluten containing ingredients in the ′Natural Flavors′ or ′Spices′ on the product ingredient list. If there are gluten ingredients in our products, those ingredients are always clearly listed.

If there are no gluten- containing ingredients listed in the product ingredient label, but the product does not make a gluten free claim, it is because we cannot fully assure that this product is gluten free. While we have not added gluten-containing ingredients, factors such as sourcing, conditions of manufacture, etc. do not allow us to provide the full level of assurance that a gluten free claim requires.

kareng Grand Master

Just a CYA statement. They have some products that they test for gluten-free, like Chex. Those are the ones they will label as gluten-free.

It says they will disclose any gluten in the ingredients. that is about the best you can get from a mainstream food company.

Archived