This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Good Gluten Free Bread?

porterpotti

tiffjake Enthusiast
Wholefoods now makes some sun dried tomato bread which is quite yummy. It may have been out for a while but I just found out about it. It tastes almost as good as it smells but of course is not really sandwich bread - just great with dinner!

I really like Whole Foods' bread too! I love the sandwich bread (better than any of the other already made ones I have tried, and I don't have a bread maker, and don't want to get another one, cause I already broke one of them). I like the regular sandwich bread and the sun dried tomato bread too!!! YUMMY!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

floridanative Community Regular
I really like Whole Foods' bread too! I love the sandwich bread (better than any of the other already made ones I have tried, and I don't have a bread maker, and don't want to get another one, cause I already broke one of them). I like the regular sandwich bread and the sun dried tomato bread too!!! YUMMY!

I agree about that sun dried tomato bread - just had it last weekend at a support group meeting for the first time. Is their gluten-free Bakeshoue sandwich bread the same consistency as the sdt bread? I could not get over how great the texture was, in addition to the great taste!

Susan123 Rookie

I tried the gluten free basket bread and did not like it but that might be just me. I thought it had a horrible after taste. No matter what bread I try I always come back to good ole faithful "Kinnikinicks White Sandwich bread" It is the closest I have found in a supermarket.

HAPPY DOG SUZ Enthusiast

B)

You should try to find a copy of the Gluten Free Gourmet Bakes Bread" We have it here and have tried a few of the breads. The Quinoa bread is the best so far, but there is another one using yogurt (not so good if you are also dairy free.) I find that all the home made ones are the best for sandwiches.

I LOVE tomato sandwiches, and my dw had to find a recipe for good bread ASAP so I could at least have some comforty food while I was healing post-dx.

Hope that helped a little. I have not had much luck with the store bought breads. I find they all taste like cardboard! ;)

Aloha,

Can you please post this recipe for the Quinoa bread? Thanks!

mamatide Enthusiast
B)

Aloha,

Can you please post this recipe for the Quinoa bread? Thanks!

Is this it? (scroll down to the quinoa option)??? I'd give it a try myself if this were the one.

Open Original Shared Link

TriticusToxicum Explorer

I haven't tried the Kinnickinick bread, but everyone seems to like it. My bread of choice is the Food for Life brand. It's in the frozen section of my local supermarket. They have Brown Rice Pecan as well as plain Brown Rice. I prefer the regular Brown Rice. It makes nice toast and believe it or not you can eat it without toasting! It's dense, and the slices are small, but it isn't dry and crumbly like the Ener-G "bread"(styrofoam?) (seriously have you ever looked at the expiration dates on those hermetically sealed bags? Best if used before 2009?! Like the taste/texture can get any worse!)

Anyway, I digress, my recommendation is Food For Life - try it you just might like it!

Open Original Shared Link

2Boys4Me Enthusiast
The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy has an excellent bagel recipe that I use for sandwich rolls. They're much better as rolls than they are as bagels. I just omit the sugar from the recipe. They even make good lunchmeat sandwiches!!! BLT's are divine on them. :)

Guhlia~

Do you know if that's the same Bagel recipe as the GFG Bakes Bread? I'm trying that one later this afternoon.

Walker had a craving for bagels so we picked some up today at Safeway and laughed out loud because the first four ingredients were wheat flour/germ/bran and barley. He offered them to Ty who laughed and said No Way. Mom, you make me some when we get home. Yikes! I hope they work. I'm making up a batch of the GFG pizza mix flour mix so we'll have bagels soon (as soon as I get the maniacs out of the kitchen) and pizza for supper. Then I saw the pita recipe and I was intrigued, so maybe we'll try pitas tomorrow.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived