• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
  • Celiac.com Sponsor:
    Celiac.com Sponsor:

Tmi Question

3 posts in this topic

I have been gluten-free for a little over 3 months now. Last night and now again this morning when I go to the bathroom it is oily orange stool and oily discharge. Sorry to have to ask about this I know its gross! I just don't know how else to ask. I have never had this happen to me before going gluten-free and have never had it happen since going gluten-free until yesterday. Anyone have any clue as to whats going on? I have also had some abdominal bloating and gas the past few days as well. Thanks in advance. And again sorry about the TMI.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Hi.

I can only think that it had to be something you ate. Do you remember eating or drinking anything that was orange. The reason I ask this is that whenever I have the blue KoolAid or drink any kind of grape drink, the next day, my stools are blue. Weird, eh? Also, mine are quite often mucousy. With celiac, that is quite common.

Hope this helps, and I hope it has subsided for you by now!!!

Have a great day

Karen

This could also be a problem with your gall bladder/bile duct. Bile is used to break down fats, so it is possible that it is not doing the job for some reason. Or it could be that you overloaded it with too much fat/oil. After bile is further broken down it turns dark brown, so its absence could account for the discoration. Also, before it gets broken down it is yellow or green in color, so a surplus of it that gets carried through the intestines too quickly could cause discoloration as well. And yes, artificial colorings or other foods can also cause discoloration. I would try to think back to something you ate that could cause any of these things, and especially if it happens again you could try and find a correlation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    michellepchy

•  

• Topics

• I believe acidic foods can cause them, so the lemon juice could be the culprit.  I get them if I eat a lot of tomatoes or drink a lot of coffee (again, the acids) or if I am sick. And definitely stress/illness.  Many autoimmune diseases come with these ulcers and it is thought that it is a result of the inflammation.  My gluten challenge brought on a mouth full of sores and swollen gums that affected my teeth (nerve pain and loose teeth). I have always found that gargling with warm salt water helps quite a bit with the healing process.  Don't swallow it!  Also, you can get a paste from your dentist that you put on it at bed time that also helps it heal, but I have no idea if it's gluten free.    
    • I am Catholic and my daughter, who is NCGS, DOES have problems with the low gluten host (it's either the host or the way it is handled. There is no way to really know).  Her symptoms are primarily neurological.  I provided the following link to our priest with details about her reaction (she cannot walk, has balance issues, numbness of arms and legs). http://www.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/the-mass/order-of-mass/liturgy-of-the-eucharist/celiac-disease-and-alcohol-intolerance.cfm His solution was to order her a separate small chalice that is consecrated with everything else but is off to the side on the alter to prevent cc.  Then my husband, who is a Eucharistic minister administers the cup to her.  I am currently recovering from my own gluten challenge (I am also NCGS) and am staying away from all gluten even processed gluten-free under 20ppm foods because I want to heal, so I have not tried the low gluten host and also receive from the chalice with my daughter. When we travel we abstain from receiving and pray for a spiritual communion.   Talk to your priest. Send him the link above, which is from the USCCB.  There is a pastoral solution.  
    • Hello, I am new here I went for blood tests at back in April and the blood test showed a lack in Vitamin D, low in iron (I was previously in January anemic and given iron tablets for this) and positive for Celiac Disease. I have since then been referred for an endoscopy which I had an appointment for on Thursday last week. I went along expecting to have the endoscopy but I was seen by a consultant who says I will have to wait another 2-4 weeks for the endoscopy and that I will also need a scan for my bones. He has told me that my blood results are undisputable for having celiac disease but I have to have the endoscopy to have it clinically proven so I am not to cut any gluten out but as soon as I have had it I am to cut it out. I have been having a look around reading various forums and have now found myself feeling a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing. I am trying to work out what I can and can not eat once I have had the endoscopy so I can get some bits in and be prepared. I am also due to go on a 2 week all inclusive holiday to Turkey in July and am now really worried about what I should do. Any help or advise anyone can offer would be gratefully received. Michelle x
    • Is Bards available in your area?  I found Bards and Redbridge to be the best, but had to quit both as they  gave me sinus problems.  I've recently been reading Dr. Gundry's new book, The Plant Paradox. It has helped me with a  new dairy intolerance.   Although a cardiac surgeon, he has shifted focus to the impact diet has on health.  He discusses lectins. Turns out most of the foods I was eating were high in lectins. By choosing lower lectin foods, my recovery has improved.  Joint pain can be a symptom of  a high lectin diet. Since different foods have different lectin levels, according to this theory, different foods may result in different symptoms. Scroll down 1/3 of the page to SIDEBAR:LECTINS 101: http://gundrymd.com/food-pyramid/
    • Your not going to get a response, this post is from over 10 years ago. Olive oil is generally gluten free. With celiac disease it is not uncommon to develop allergies and intolerance to things. For me I got a issue with olive oil, if I cook with it, or eat it I vomit violently. One of those things I developed a intolerance to.
  • Upcoming Events