• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Rate this topic

Hi...i was wondering if Rice Krispie Treats have gluten in them. It says it contain maltodextrin, so i'm not sure. Thanks for the help! :D

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

No. Sorry but rice krispies have malt in them. Malt=gluten. You can easily make your own treats by using a gluten-free rice crisp cereal (there are several brands, I cannot think of the name) and kraft marshmellows. Very yummy :)

Hez

Rice Krispies are a nono.

But, Envirokids Koala Crunch is a rice krispy like cereal, but chocolate. And, they would make YUMM-O rice krispy treats!

Guest Norah022
Rice Krispies are a nono.

But, Envirokids Koala Crunch is a rice krispy like cereal, but chocolate. And, they would make YUMM-O rice krispy treats!

They actually make those already. Envirokids Krispy Bars or something...SO GOOD!

I like to make them with fruity or cocoa pebbles!

Ads by Google:

I just saw in Safeway the other day that Kellogs has made an Organic Rice Krispies! :P Anyone know if these are gluten free?

Wendy

i highly doubt it

i think all kellogs cereals have gluten in them.

No. On their website it lists organic malt as an ingredient. Malt=gluten.

Hez

I actually sent them an email because I saw that too. The problem is the whole Malt issue.....is it made from barley or corn. Supposedly if its made in USA then it should be corn. ( ? ) I don't know. <_< If it's not one thing it's always another.

Wendy :)

I actually sent them an email because I saw that too. The problem is the whole Malt issue.....is it made from barley or corn. Supposedly if its made in USA then it should be corn. ( ? ) I don't know. <_< If it's not one thing it's always another.

Wendy :)

Unless the malt specifically says corn or rice malt in the label, malt is always barley.

That includes, um, all but two mainstream cereals :rolleyes: Stupid companies...

Ads by Google:

They actually make those already. Envirokids Krispy Bars or something...SO GOOD!

I eat those every morning as my cereal on the go bar....they are aweome, the berries not too bad, but the choco one is delicous!!!!!!!