This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Thank You Everyone!

doglover

doglover Newbie

Hi!

This is my first post but not my first time at this site.

I am so thankful to everyone that has posted caring, informative, realistic information about how to live with this disease.

I found out (my own research) that i had celiac disease about 3 months ago and went on the gluten-free diet at the same time. I started feeling better right away but am just starting to feel as though i have my healthy life back in the last few weeks. I am trying not to feel depressed because i feel like i lost the last three years of my life feeling sick everyday.

The advice i have found on this site has made me realize that i am not alone or psychotic or "just stressed out".

I just want to encourage everyone else to stick with the gluten free and healthy diet (even though it seems nearly impossible to resist the urge to run to the bakery for a chocolate cake and cookies!).

It is worth the limitations to feel great again because my body is now so quiet and content!

Thanks all!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

burdee Enthusiast

Hi Doglover: WELCOME to this board. :D I agree that feeling better is sooo worth the limitations of following the Gluten Free approach. Notice I didn't say 'diet' because that sounds like restrictions. I prefer to think SUBSTITUTION, since there's so many great gluten-free substitutes for just about anything I used to eat. I'm having more of a challenge finding casein free substitutes (since I'm also casein sensitive), but I've done pretty well with soy milks, yogurts, margarine and even a dairy & gluten free chocolate bar. Just wish I could find dairy free cheese ... <_< As far as running to the bakery for cookies and chocolate cake, we have a great completely gluten free, dairy free bakery in the Seattle area called 'Flying Apron' bakery. I CANNOT resist her apricot thumbprint cookies which I buy at a local grocery (15 minute walk from my house). It's a good thing I don't live within walking distance of that bakery. I've heard she bakes fantastic pies and cakes as well as those cookies. :P I also like Ener-G foods white chocolate macadamia nut cookies (also gluten-free/DF). I'm glad Ener-G is a half hour drive from my house, because she gives out free samples to eat while there AND to take home to instore customers. I usually send my 'human garbage disposal' husband (who's not celiac) to pick up my Ener-G foods supplies. He always brings home twice as much as he buys (not counting what he eats there). :D

BURDEE

Archived