This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How Long Were You On Gluten B4 You Got The Test?

lyndszai

How many months did you stay on gluten so you could get tested?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

lyndszai Apprentice

hey everyone i was just how long you stayed on gluten to get tested . Im surpose to get tested in about a month :( sence ive aready been gluten-free i know thats gonna screw my test up cant wait till i go back gluten-free it will be the best day of my life lol :D .Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

burdee Enthusiast

Hey Lyndszai: I couldn't vote because you didn't include a category for those of us who went gluten-free as soon as we suspected we had gluten intolerance/celiac and then tested later with Enterolab (while still gluten-free). Maybe that's info for another poll and I just have to skip this one. :blink: I went to a naturopath 5 days after I started avoiding gluten, hoping for tests. Rather than giving me blood/biopsy tests, he persuaded me to just keep following the gluten-free diet and listen to my body. However, my intermittent gluten 'slips' and recurring symptoms made me want more conclusive evidence that gluten was really causing my problems. So I tested with Enterolab 8 weeks after going gluten-free and my results STILL showed positive gluten AND casein antibodies, positive autoimmune reaction to tissue transglutaminase and one of the main genes for celiac. I wonder how many others used E-lab after being gluten-free a while and how long they were gluten-free before testing. <_< OKAY, I'll do my own poll and not mess up yours. :D

BURDEE

flagbabyds Collaborator

I was diagnosed and had the tests before I ever went gluten-free so I wasn't sure what to put

gf4life Enthusiast

I went back on gluten for two months for the biopsy, and it was negative. I was hoping it would be enough time, but according to Dr. Peter Green (Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center) it takes 3-6 months or longer to be really accurate. And I've read in Dangerous Grains by James Braly and Ron Hoggan that it can take up to 5 years to cause enough severe damage for most doctors to diagnose Celiac.

Two months was enough for me. I got so sick and it took longer than two months for me to really start feeling better. I wouldn't recommmend it to anyone, unless you really have to. But I am glad to have gotten the biopsy anyhow, since if I ever have another done it may show improvement when the slides are compared.

God bless,

Mariann

lyndszai Apprentice

burdee

Sry about that im not sure on how to edit the poll

gf4life

sry to hear that you went threw all that for 2 months and still ended up with a negative.I think thats whats going to happen to me too I just have a feeling.To me I dont need someone to tell me how I feel and what I have I know what it is and I dont need a piece of paper to prove it.I dont think its worth it but what can I do im a kid.The way i see it if it shows up neg. im going to ignore it

Archived