This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

celiac disease Mentioned On Cnn.com

VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link

Too bad the author didn't include rye and barley when defining that gluten is. Actually, it seems like she thinks gluten is interchangeable with wheat. Sometimes they don't do the research..

Still nice to be in the press...I suppose

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

eleep Enthusiast

Grrrrrrrr. That's just making me mad! We need them to say "gluten"!

I think I need to go for a run.

ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast

Thanks for posting the article.

mle-ii Explorer

Send a letter to the editor (or whatever it is for a website) so that they can correct this info.

LKelly8 Rookie

At least the article was about allergies and the 8-must-list allergins and not about celiac disease. The author did miss use the word gluten. <_<

". . .But thanks to the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act (FALCPA), any food produced after January 2006 containing one of the eight most frequent food allergens (in the linked PDF chart) will now use the common name for the allergen in the ingredient list. In other words, a product containing gluten, known to most of us as wheat, will now say "wheat" on its label. . ."

par18 Apprentice
Open Original Shared Link

Too bad the author didn't include rye and barley when defining that gluten is. Actually, it seems like she thinks gluten is interchangeable with wheat. Sometimes they don't do the research..

Still nice to be in the press...I suppose

Why should they (CNN) get any more right about this than everything else they report!

Tom

Send a letter to the editor (or whatever it is for a website) so that they can correct this info.

Wonderful idea!

This is the link to their site to write. If ALL of us that read this tread type a few words of what we think we might have a voice they will hear.

Open Original Shared Link The link below is more helpful and direct.

CNN CONTACT PAGE Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I just sent an email.

I invited them to visit our forum to get their facts straight and see what some of our real issues are. Like the fact mainstream drugs, and beauty supplies have gluten they don't tell us about. And how we are demanding change. How soy is in everything we can NOT avoid. And how the word gluten doesn't mean just wheat.

Please write to them and fill their mail box. They need to hear from all of us.

Archived