• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
Guest ~jules~

Hornsby's Hard Cider

Rate this topic

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Can we have hornsby's hard cider does anyone know?

That one is not safe if my memory serves me. Woodchuck has a couple that are safe but check their website I seem to remember that one wasn't. Most ciders are safe but not all.

I was also under the impression that Hornsby's is NOT okay. Strongbow and Woodchuck are.

Guest Ang

This is great news!

It's funny, but 11 years ago dating my husband, I had my first Woodchuck and LOVED it! I never, ever, cared for beer, thinking the "carbonation" made me ill. I never got D, but intense bloating, and "rock-gut." Since being dx, I have only had mixed drinks and wine....it will be nice to try a cider again...I have stayed away because I knew not all ciders were gluten free. I'm a little lazy on the research side...I just read these posts every few weeks to stay updated.

Thanks for the info!

Angie

Ads by Google:

okay reviving this question - years later...........but I still can't find any information/website about this stuff.

Has anyone got the REAL answer about Hornsby's? Because......I have some in my fridge.....need to know, as I was planning on having some tonight. :)

I believe that the real answer is no, Hornsby's Cider is not safe...

Ads by Google:

:o

uh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this is not good news as I just took a few swigs whilst finishing up yard work................

:huh:

so - we'll know for sure tomorrow. But - in any case - Trader Joe's cider is MUCH better than this one, FYI.

I emailed Hornsby's cider company and they confirmed that their hard ciders are gluten free. See the following dated September 14, 2009:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Hornsbys. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

In response to your inquiry, all of the products produced by E. & J. Gallo Winery in the United States are in compliance with the Food and Drug Administration

Horbsby's Hard Cider is gluten free see latest posting dated 9/14/09

Ads by Google:

I am super-sensitive and have been drinking Hornsby's cider on occasion for about the last year and a half and have never had any problems. I do like Woodchucks better, but have always been grateful for the Hornsby's when they were all that was available, especially if it's the amber. The Ace cider I had in Florida this February was incredible!

Margaret

I routinely drank Hornsby's for the last three months with no problem. Maybe for the supersensitive it might be a problem???

This just irks me. Any part gluten is not gluten free. I call this the dog turd thinking by the people who made the this law.

(dog turd thinking-if I put a dog turd on your salad and take it off, will you mind eating that salad?) Love whom ever thought his up.

LMAO!!!! Thank you so much for this analogy, I will have to use it daily! And good to know about Hornsby's as I declined buying it this evening b/c I was unsure of the "caramel coloring" in the ingredients. So thanks everyone! :]