This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Can I Ask For A Prayer Too?

TinkerbellSwt

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

If anyone can say a prayer for my son I would greatly appreciate it. Tomorrow we head back to CHOP to see his cardiologist. He has a dialted aorta and we are hoping that he is growing into it. If he isnt he either will get put on medication, he will get a beta blocker, or if its too bad he will have to have the surgery.

My poor baby has gone thru so much already. I am praying that he doesnt need medication or surgery.

Thank you in advance to all of you who can include him in your prayers.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mouse Enthusiast

Of course I will put your son into my daily prayers. Good Luck with the doctor appt.

jenvan Collaborator

Stephanie--

I will pray. That's a lot for a little guy to handle...

jerseyangel Proficient

I'll say a prayer for your son--sending good thoughts and a hug your way :)

jennyj Collaborator

Your son and family will be in my prayers. I believe in prayer.

TCA Contributor

You, him, and the rest of your family will be in my prayers. I really do understand. Feel free to PM me if I can help in ANY way. My daughter just had her 2nd open heart surgery, so I'm here if you have any questions or anything.

brizzo Contributor

my prayers are with you and your family! May God's blessing be upon you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

You got it Stephanie.

judy

BamBam Community Regular
If anyone can say a prayer for my son I would greatly appreciate it. Tomorrow we head back to CHOP to see his cardiologist. He has a dialted aorta and we are hoping that he is growing into it. If he isnt he either will get put on medication, he will get a beta blocker, or if its too bad he will have to have the surgery.

My poor baby has gone thru so much already. I am praying that he doesnt need medication or surgery.

I will put him on our church prayer network, there are dozens of people praying every evening for the intentions that come through. I will also includ him in my prayers also.

Bernadette

Green12 Enthusiast

Stephanie, you and your son will definitely be in my thoughts :) I am hoping the appointment goes well tomorrow, please keep us posted.

lindalee Enthusiast

Stephanie, I will keep you all in my prayers. LL

evie Rookie

[stephanie; I am sorry you are all going tru such a rough time, include my prayers for you, son and the Dr. tomorrow. Hope all works out smoothly/ not too much more anxiety. I will pm/ you if you like. :) 'God is good' evie

Guest Robbin

:) I will be happy to pray for you and your son. The little guy has had enough, that is for sure. Little Megan is living proof of the power of prayer-bless her.

Please, everyone pray for our evie too . God bless her too.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Stephanie,

Of course....I'll be praying for that adorable little boy of yours.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Prayer said!

If it helps any, we were told this year that our son (who had open-heart surgery at 9 years ago) that he now has a dilated aorta and mitral valve prolapse. This was told to us by the doctor who replaced the cardiologist who had taken care of him since he was 7 weeks old.

We went back to the old cardiologist (who had moved 2 hours away), who disagreed with the new cardiologist. He said that since DS had had open-heart surgery through the aorta, it was expected that it appear slightly dilated, but that even so, he wouldn't call it a dilated aorta. He also went over measurements and definitions and explained in great detail why he didn't think DS had mitral valve prolapse, either.

Perhaps your cardiologist is being ultra-cautious? It might not hurt to get a second opinion. Our DS's cardiologist is in Danville,PA--pm me if you'd like his name--we've always thought he was wonderful. Good luck!

:) I will be happy to pray for you and your son. The little guy has had enough, that is for sure. Little Megan is living proof of the power of prayer-bless her.

Please, everyone pray for our evie too . God bless her too.

COuld you update me on evie? I'm a little out of the loop, I'm afraid...

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

The power of prayer is an amazing thing . . . consider me on the prayer list -- may your family be blessed with the healing of your son.

OK.. we are back from the doctors. Took a long time. The cardiologist said he is fine. The dialated aorta is still there, but on the Z scale ( um not quite sure what that is ) Colin is at a 3. A dangerous level is a 6 or more. He has been hanging on a 3 for a while now.

He had a rough time with the ultrasound. He was great in the beginning. Just watching the tech and seeing the screen, watching his heart beat. Then all of a sudden he started to cry out, such a heart wrenching cry, I almost started to cry. I just wanted to pick him up and comfort him. I am sure all you mothers out there know how I felt. Even though there is no pain in the procedure. He was scared and it ripped me to shreds.

But its all over. We dont have to go back to the cardiologist for 6 months this time! The first time was 3 months, the second 4 months, now 6!! moving right along!

Fiddle- I dont know how you did it with your child. I give you such great credit for going thru what you did.

I know how a sick child can make you feel and its a tough thing to go thru.

Thank you to everyone who said a prayer for Colin. Obviously they all helped!!! :)

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

You're doing pretty much the same things I did--go to the doctor, get nervous, fall apart when the baby cries, etc.

Did you ever find out why he cried?

No, he just got upset. He didnt like being held there I imagine. When he was just a baby, 3 months early, he was a lot more cooperative with all their procedures. Now that he is getting older he realizes what is going on around him. And he just plain old doesnt like it!!!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Now that he is getting older he realizes what is going on around him. And he just plain old doesnt like it!!!

HI Setef...smart kid i'd say. glad the apt is over and it went well esp with the Chillies.

judy

Lymetoo Contributor

Will do!!

evie Rookie
OK.. we are back from the doctors. Took a long time. The cardiologist said he is fine. The dialated aorta is still there, but on the Z scale ( um not quite sure what that is ) Colin is at a 3. A dangerous level is a 6 or more. He has been hanging on a 3 for a while now.

He had a rough time with the ultrasound. He was great in the beginning. Just watching the tech and seeing the screen, watching his heart beat. Then all of a sudden he started to cry out, such a heart wrenching cry, I almost started to cry. I just wanted to pick him up and comfort him. I am sure all you mothers out there know how I felt. Even though there is no pain in the procedure. He was scared and it ripped me to shreds.

But its all over. We dont have to go back to the cardiologist for 6 months this time! The first time was 3 months, the second 4 months, now 6!! moving right along!

Fiddle- I dont know how you did it with your child. I give you such great credit for going thru what you did.

I know how a sick child can make you feel and its a tough thing to go thru.

Thank you to everyone who said a prayer for Colin. Obviously they all helped!!! :)

So glad your appt went as well as did. Colin just did not like the looks of that place, old enoigh now to notice

things like that. Did you know we have a way here of sending out prayers that really help?? :o Hope you are OK too!! evie

Archived