This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rachel Ray

TinkerbellSwt

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Today I was kinda watching the Food Network ( I watch it all day ) its always on in the backround. I kinda keep one ear on whats on the tv and whats going on in my house.

Rachel was on tv today at her usual time here 230 pm. She was making one of her famous stoups. I dont even know which one it was.

She always talks about the broth that you can buy in the stores already made for a great time saver.

Today, however, she was talking about her beef broth and she mentioned that the broth was gluten free!

I have never heard her or anyone else on the Food Network do that. I was so impressed!! It seems we are making a difference with our letters and such.

I just had to share this!! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest ~jules~

Thats great! I am hoping as the years pass that celiac will be more recognized. So far this group is about the only thing thats making me feel normal lately, (recently diagnosed). Although I was in wendy's the other day, while waiting at the counter for my food a woman came in and started ordering the bunless burger, saying she had allergies, so on and so on. It was nice to see that I'm not the only person making some poor teenager behind the counter at wendy's life hell. :blink: I'm hoping as someone mentioned before here that rachael ray or someone would do a gluten free segment on their show, that would be wonderful!

jenvan Collaborator

Nice Rachel! Now--let's get that gluten-free show going !! :rolleyes:

BamBam Community Regular
Nice Rachel! Now--let's get that gluten-free show going !! :rolleyes:

I watch Rachel Ray all the time and yes, she does mention when certain ingredients are gluten free, and it usually the chicken and beef broths that she uses. Occasionally she'll mention that a veggie dish is gluten free or something like that. I like her show.

BamBam

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I normally can't stand her, especially on her show $40 a day; I mean c'mon, you can't have an orgasm over every morsel you put in your mouth. But I may have to change my mind on her. <_<

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

OMG jillian! I feel the same way about that show. She absolutely loves everything she eats. My b/f said what would she do if the dish was gross? spit it out? she does that on her regular show too.. 30 minute meals.

phakephur Apprentice
I normally can't stand her, especially on her show $40 a day; I mean c'mon, you can't have an orgasm over every morsel you put in your mouth. But I may have to change my mind on her. <_<

yeah, Rachel Ray eats on $1200 a month. I despise shows about eating out. Anthony Bourdain in particular - chef, food critic, and ugly American. I guess he maintains that refined palate by smoking 3 packs a day.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest ~jules~

I watched her show yesterday I think it was with oprah on it. She is annoying isn't she? She was a nervous wreck though, and trying way too hard, I had to change the channel I couldn't stand to watch someone crack so badly!

Nantzie Collaborator

I watched her new talk show for the first time today and she definitely seemed way nervous, but she seemed to do better as the show went on. By the end of the show, I was enjoying it. I like the format. I like that she still does a lot of food stuff, but isn't boxed into something like the 30 minutes or the $40 and I like that she does other fun things. I thought the CSI set visit was hilarious. I've always been lukewarm on her cooking shows, but I think I'll watch it.

Remember what a mess Dr. Phil was the first couple weeks on his show? I didn't think he would make it past the first season.

Nancy

abc Rookie

Has anyone ever noticed that on $40 a day she totally shortchanges the tip ALL THE TIME? She bugs me...so I have to find fault with her. Also, I find it odd that she mentions her broths are gluten-free as all of her products are "made up". I saw on "FOOD NETWORK UNWRAPPED" (I watch too much tv, okay) that she doesn't advertise the products she actually uses so there is someone who is employed to create and design the wrapping and packaging for all her products (to cover the real product). So...is she implying all broths are gluten-free? I think its actually not as great as it may seem!

Rikki Tikki Explorer

$40.00 a day? Am I reading that right? $40.00 a week is what I spend, can I have my own show!! :D:D:D

Guest ~jules~
$40.00 a day? Am I reading that right? $40.00 a week is what I spend, can I have my own show!! :D:D:D

lol, ya me too...You know the episode I watched she really was just spazing out at first with her nervousness, it was just sad to watch! I did start to enjoy it after oprah and her sat down to chat and eat the food they made. If you think about it though, she had her first week on her new talkshow, and the big O was her guest that day, I would have been nervous too.

debmidge Rising Star
Has anyone ever noticed that on $40 a day she totally shortchanges the tip ALL THE TIME? She bugs me...so I have to find fault with her. Also, I find it odd that she mentions her broths are gluten-free as all of her products are "made up". I saw on "FOOD NETWORK UNWRAPPED" (I watch too much tv, okay) that she doesn't advertise the products she actually uses so there is someone who is employed to create and design the wrapping and packaging for all her products (to cover the real product). So...is she implying all broths are gluten-free? I think its actually not as great as it may seem!

I too saw a show where she mentioned the broth is gluten free and I was puzzled because she didn't show the brand & that's important to me, of course. It gave me impression too that had I not known, I would have thought that all broths are gluten-free.

I think FN should run a nice half hour show maybe once or twice a week about cooking gluten-free. Basic 101 gluten-free receipes and tips, hints and info like how to avoid cross contamination, etc.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Well, how idiotic is THAT?????

I can just picture it:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-12/1116660/soupcan.webp

Rachel: "Here is the broth I used, and the best part is it is gluten free! Aren't I being helpful to the celiac community?"

:rolleyes:<_<

ehrin Explorer

I can't stand her. I don't get her appeal at all! My friends love her and will force me to watch her - she doesn't even make anything all that impressive and her cook books stink! :blink:

jerseyangel Proficient

I like her show, "30 Minute Meals", and even her other shows on the FN, although those I haven't seen very often.

I don't care for her new show so far--maybe it'll grow on me, or she'll settle into it (and settle down some!) :ph34r:

Archived