This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

Suz--you're too kind :D I'm puffy and tired looking (been a rough winter and I ate lots of popcorn <_< ) but I really love the cut. It lays perfectly--I washed it this morning and just put in some anti-phrizz cream, arrainged it wif me phingers and that was it. I'm tired of fighting with it--the relaxers are just too damaging and blow drying only lasts if there no humidity in the air--which will be even more of a problem in Texas.......

I'm glad I did it--I've already found a salon in Houston that does it. The cool thing is that the stylist said it should last for about 12 weeks....maybe a bit less.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast
It's all phun till someone puts their eye out! SNACKLE!

:lol::lol: Exactly what I was thinking . . . then jumped to the Christmas Story and the Red Ryder BB Gun . . . Open Original Shared Link

Bev - I think you have created the poifect psilly toast . . . we shall all toast each other wif your creation . . . and a :lol::lol: at the humble roll poem. Also a loverly palm tree lounging creation . . . I took a peek in the editing box.

Suz--you're too kind :D I'm puffy and tired looking (been a rough winter and I ate lots of popcorn <_< ) but I really love the cut. It lays perfectly--I washed it this morning and just put in some anti-phrizz cream, arrainged it wif me phingers and that was it. I'm tired of fighting with it--the relaxers are just too damaging and blow drying only lasts if there no humidity in the air--which will be even more of a problem in Texas.......

I'm glad I did it--I've already found a salon in Houston that does it. The cool thing is that the stylist said it should last for about 12 weeks....maybe a bit less.

Cool Beans on the new do . . . I like it!!! . . . and I'm all for less is more when it comes to hair styling . . . and makeup . . . and housework.

curlyfries Contributor
yoSuz-- I really love the cut. It lays perfectly--I washed it this morning and just put in some anti-phrizz cream, arrainged it wif me phingers and that was it.

It looks great, Paddeigh!

I am so jealous of naturally curly hair. When I have a perm, that's all I do......wash, mousse and toss! But it grows out so fast and is so pharkin expensive! :angry:

My hair, left on it's own, is so........blah. And I don't like spending time and effort on styling it. During the worst years of my fibro, I couldn't hold me arms up that long.

I may just get a wavy perm next time, so when it starts to grow out, it won't be as noticeable.

Lisa Mentor

Lovely new cut Patti. Quite lovely! :) Peeeerfect for that Texas humidity. You'll find curls you never thought you had.

elye Community Regular
:wub::wub::wub: He is really going to force me to love him, isn't he?

....YES........... . . . ((((sigh)))). . . . . . ..... :wub:

Pah-teeeee! Wow...you look gorgeous. Really!! I wish there were a Magic Diva method for cutting poker-straight, thin, fine, impossible hair..... :angry: .......I wanna be diva'd, too!!!!!

Jestgar Rising Star
<--------Me new Diva av! B)

You look so fabulous!!

Rushed to the ferry after me haircut, was waiting for the boat to unload, when I friend of mine goes walking by (going towards Seattle). He talked me into having a drink with hima and his wife. Very fun. and I'm now really really tired.

Happy

tee hee

so sorry

yikes

did I miss anything?

Jestgar Rising Star
And - Jess, do you want to tell us what happened with the highlighters? :lol:

:ph34r:

no

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

Good Morning, Psillies!

Well, I lay awake for a long time through the night and began pondering the name that should be given to Sooooozie's kitteh. Soooooze, this wee thing is a symbol of Psillyville, 'tis no question. :lol: Therefore, here are a list of some names that must be considered:

Mr. Chow

Wee

Hanus

Hasselhoff (The Hoff)

Yeti

Gaaaaaaah

Sam Hill

:huh:

:lol:

Actually, I believe "Yeti" translates into "fearsome one" - -'twould be poifect. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
Happy

tee hee

so sorry

yikes

did I miss anything?

Nope! I'd say that about covers it all :lol:

Actually, I believe "Yeti" translates into "fearsome one" - -'twould be poifect. :lol:

Yes, 'twould be!! :D

Happy Saturday, Sillies B)

Mark and I must vacate the premises later this morning.....house to be shown 3 diferent times today. I'm bringing me computer wif me since at some point we'll end up hanging out at Starbucks.....

Jess--how's about a picture of yer new 'do? :D

Off to dust, straighten and make this place presentable.....

flourgirl Apprentice

Pahddi...I just love the new Do! Looks perfect for you! Annnnd, your house is showing 3 times today...in spite of the economy and the housing bust! 'Tis a good omen fer sher.

Actually I'm a bit jealous of yer hair, too. Mine is very fine...vveerrry straight. I've tried perms...even tight super-curly ones. In a matter of 2 or 3 weeks, they're gone...never to be seen again. :(

We must brain storm for the poifect Kitteh name!

Jestgar Rising Star
Actually I'm a bit jealous of yer hair, too. Mine is very fine...vveerrry straight. I've tried perms...even tight super-curly ones. In a matter of 2 or 3 weeks, they're gone...never to be seen again. :(

What she said <_< with the addition of "and, after a perm, my hair looks like it went through a blender."

jerseyangel Proficient
What she said <_< with the addition of "and, after a perm, my hair looks like it went through a blender."

:P The truf is that I would give me eye toof fer straight hair.

Thanks, youse guys fer all the compliments :D

Jestgar Rising Star

Well, I'm out of forks. I guess this means I need to do dishes......or.....only eat things that require a spoon :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll have a bowl of ice cream and ponder my options ;)

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Well, I'm out of forks. I guess this means I need to do dishes......or.....only eat things that require a spoon :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Yer funneee.

Patee, but it's a dry heat!

So kitty names.....

Baxter

Herman

Russell

James

Fuzzbutt

Snuggles

That's SO CUTE what he does huggin you like that!!! :warmfuzzies:

WardGirl Rookie

Or you could go out and buy some more forks :D but ice cream is always a good options to ponder things with :)

flourgirl Apprentice

Seems like hair is one of those things we're never satisfied with. I have 3 older sisters, and I remember the one with curly hair using orange juice cans, and an iron to try to straighten her hair (ever see someone iron their hair? Hilarious :lol: ) I remember the old stinky, make your eyes water and burn your skin perms, sisters using all kinds of rollers. The 3rd sister had black, thick, beautiful long hair that I wanted so badly for my own. <:sighingwithresignationface:>

flourgirl Apprentice

A woman goes to her boyfriend's parents' house for a formal dinner.

This is to be her first time meeting the family and she is very nervous.

They all sit down and begin eating a fine meal.

The woman is beginning to feel a little discomfort, thanks to her nervousness and the broccoli casserole. The gas pains are almost making her eyes water. Left with no other choice, she decides to relieve herself a bit and lets out a dainty phart.

It wasn't loud, but everyone at the table heard the poof.

Before she even had a chance to be embarrassed, her boyfriend's father looked over at the dog that had been snoozing under the woman's chair, and said in a rather stern voice, 'Skippy!'.

The woman thought, 'This is great!' and a big smile came across her face.

A couple of minutes later, she was beginning to feel the pain again.

This time, she didn't even hesitate. She let a much louder and longer rrrrrip.

The father again looked at the dog and yelled, 'Skippy!'

Once again the woman smiled and thought 'Yes!' A few minutes later the woman had to let another rip This time she didn't even think about it.

She let a phart rip that rivaled a train whistle blowing.

Once again, the father looked at the dog with disgust and yelled, 'Skippy, get away from her, before she s$#&s on you!'

:lol::lol::lol:

elye Community Regular

Skippy! :lol:

Listen up, guys.....The Wildcats have made it into the quarter-final tonight at nine. If they win, it's the gold medal game tomorrow at noon.

*********GO WILDCATS!!!!!*********

Very phunny... . . . . . .Sophie has long had trouble making trapped saves (in her trapper):

http://www.thehockeyshop.com/Merchant2/gra...hRX5Trapper.webp

Much like a big, stiff baseball glove. She has always insisted that it was because it is SOOOO stiff, she can't grip the hard mesh around the puck, being new leather and all. In frustration this week, DH took her trapper, put two tennis balls in its grip, taped it tight, and threw it out on our porch for five days. It stayed frozen solid. Yesterday morning we pulled the tape off, and Sophie can suddenly move her hand in it any which way. Success!

So, the last three games have been unbelievable. She's been snapping pucks out of the air, grabbing and twisting them into her glove like they're lobbed baseballs. Too phunny......So it's our Team Secret, and we're quietly whispering it amongst the parents and spectators. . . . . .."The Team of the frozen Trapper". . . .........

:lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Morning Sills B)

very groggy and tired today.........last night's dreams :blink:

Was moving into a house.......seemed average at first and then - new, secret, FABULOUS rooms discovered - BTW, I have that A LOT in dreams, discovering rooms and secret chambers that are GLORIOUS and I never knew they were there before. Do you guys have this???

LEESARH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what does this mean???????????? :lol:

but anywho (yawn - are ya glazin' over yet? :lol: ) in my new house I discovered a FABULOUS, tawny, creamy-caramel and quite soothing master suite with magnificent lighting and accoutrements and posh fabrics.......but there primitive slim slots and cages under these shelves, holding a COUGAR, and a never-before-seen TABBY-STRIPED BOBCAT of some kind. :blink: These got out were trying to attack the Weasel and I kept shooing them away, it did not work :lol:

(well, this is what goes on in real life here with wee feral kitteh)

Kitteh DOES need a name!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was researching kitteh names last night........literary cat names, most popular cat names, ideas for naming, celebrity cat names (BTW Cyndi Lauper's cat is named WEASEL :lol: )

He is a really playful, beguiling, darling little love bug..... :wub: Very mellow and calm and rather unflappable, and just so sweet.....I pondered naming him Winston, after Churchill, my favorite world leader but....it sounds pompous :huh:

Lauren suggested Frank since she found him at Frank Homan elementary, and it's PERFECT, but I briefly dated a strange guy named Frank whom I'd like to never think of again :huh:

BTW Charles de Gaulle had a cat named Gris Gris. Of course, this means grEY in French but - it's also a famous belay device used in climbing. but it's ALSO a voodoo charm/amulet to ward off evil :unsure:

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! He is attackign my feet........................

SILLIES!!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!! we might go back to Jenks.......Jenkins.......not sure - it fits him, somehow............

Happy

tee hee

so sorry

yikes

did I miss anything?

gah!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Well, I lay awake for a long time through the night and began pondering the name that should be given to Sooooozie's kitteh. Soooooze, this wee thing is a symbol of Psillyville, 'tis no question. Therefore, here are a list of some names that must be considered:

Mr. Chow

Wee

Hanus

Hasselhoff (The Hoff)

Yeti

Gaaaaaaah

Sam Hill

*SNOOOOOOOOORT* :lol: x 10 well....I'll ponder these

:angry: people don't understnad what a freakin' PAIN curly hair is. Um, it does NOT do what you want......it's a lifetime battle of frizz and crap.....is not usually as shiny as straight hair........ I would KILL for straight, glossy hair!!!!!!!

Well, I'm out of forks. I guess this means I need to do dishes......or.....only eat things that require a spoon :

Maybe I'll have a bowl of ice cream and ponder my options

*snort* Yes, eat things with spoons, dno't go to any trouble of washing

So kitty names.....

Baxter

Herman

Russell

James

Fuzzbutt

Snuggles

That's SO CUTE what he does huggin you like that!!! :warmfuzzies:

fuzzbutt!!!!!! :lol:

what about.......Peanut?

Once again, the father looked at the dog with disgust and yelled, 'Skippy, get away from her, before she s$#&s on you!'

:lol: :lol: love that joke, I always forget how to tell it

and GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D very clever about the frozen mitt/claw thing........

Jestgar Rising Star
fuzzbutt!!!!!! :lol:

what about.......Peanut?

Fuzznut?

FuzzNutLess :P

Wenis!

elye Community Regular
:lol::lol: YES! I can see Psoooozie at her patio door, calling in a sing-song voice, "Heeeeeeere, Weenis-weenis-weenis!!! HEEEEERE, Weenis-weenis-weenis!....."
DingoGirl Enthusiast
Fuzznut?

FuzzNutLess :P

Wenis!

:lol::lol: YES! I can see Psoooozie at her patio door, calling in a sing-song voice, "Heeeeeeere, Weenis-weenis-weenis!!! HEEEEERE, Weenis-weenis-weenis!....."

*SNACKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

harp1 Apprentice

me cat sitting on my lappe. I love dogs, they lov me,Susan

*SNACKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jerseyangel Proficient

Sounds like a plan--and you ARE a diva!! Phab 'do, missy :D

Patee, but it's a dry heat!

Gawd, I hope so :P

Or you could go out and buy some more forks :D but ice cream is always a good options to ponder things with :)

But then once she does the dishes, there'd be an overabundance of forks--forks coming out the wazoo :o We can't have THAT :lol:

Seems like hair is one of those things we're never satisfied with.

True dat! B)

*********GO WILDCATS!!!!!*********

Sis-boom-bah.....rah-rah-rah!!!!!! GO SOPHIE!!!!!!! :D:D:D

M-mm....she's libel to find more on her doorstep than just a kitty :o;):lol:

curlyfries Contributor
.........last night's dreams :blink:

Was moving into a house.......seemed average at first and then - new, secret, FABULOUS rooms discovered - BTW, I have that A LOT in dreams, discovering rooms and secret chambers that are GLORIOUS and I never knew they were there before. Do you guys have this???

LEESARH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what does this mean???????????? :lol:

but anywho (yawn - are ya glazin' over yet? :lol: ) in my new house I discovered a FABULOUS, tawny, creamy-caramel and quite soothing master suite with magnificent lighting and accoutrements and posh fabrics.......but there primitive slim slots and cages under these shelves, holding a COUGAR, and a never-before-seen TABBY-STRIPED BOBCAT of some kind. :blink: These got out were trying to attack the Weasel and I kept shooing them away, it did not work :lol:

(well, this is what goes on in real life here with wee feral kitteh)

The rooms part means that you need to take a closer look at your life.......ther are wonderful aspects to it that you have not yet discovered. The wildcats signify that you are afraid that change will disrupt the comfy and predictable life you and Weezie have. ;)

.........you do realize I'm just pulling this out of me arse.......right? :lol::lol::lol:

Archived