This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Carla it looks so pretty :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor

OHHHHHHHHHHmigod I've got too much to say!

PerroSenorita? Estudio? Porquoi? (Oops francais?)

Wow am I diggin' city life. (SJ not really so much a big city)

But big enough to have the SF Symphony play in The Park. I walked over to meet old girlfriend Mei for it and it was amazing, thru most of the program anyway. Aaron Copeland's "Fanfare for the Common Man" gave me chills from the 1st brass notes. The tone and intonation so perfect, I had no idea how many were playing. :blink: Usually it's not hard to tell these things.

What a day! Great acupuncture & ocean in Santa Cruz. Having dinner tonight at Shelly's and meeting up w/ another old girlfriend tomorrow morning at my fav WGlen coffeehouse

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh life is good. :D

No time now for silliness. :(

Oh Goosey :lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor

Carla! Your kitchen looks huuuge! I know, like you said, the cabinets and all are out, but wow, I'm jealous. The house we're in now is teensy weensy, just over 900 sf! We've got so much stuff crammed into our storage shed, it's not even funny. (I think it's time for a trip to Goodwill... or maybe several :blink: )

Amanda, I've never seen The Office, but my hubby has- he's a fan of Steve Correl... Corell? However it's spelled.

I laughed about "Tamponhead" all day... which brings me to a confession.

I have had a couple drinks tonight.

Susie, I have been reading this thread for a while before posting, and now... at random times during the day, the word "Mojito" pops into my head. Why does this happen? I don't know, except that I love words, and oh my gosh I have brownies in the oven, hold on........... Ok, brownies aren't done yet. Anyways, I love words, and that word has been sticking with me!

Except... when it pops into my head, it tends to repeat with a weird accent... Moh-hito ..... Mohhhh-HITO!

Other words that randomly pop into my head and then won't leave:

- Dastardly (one of my all-time favorite words)

- Quid

- Kappa Mikey. It's kid's show I guess- I hear ads for it on TV. When I hear this, it's a fast chant- "KappaMikeykappamikeykappamikey"

- Mele Kalikimaka

Oh, Tom, there's always time for sillyness- you're just not sharing it with us right now. ;)

I promise this isn't a completely inebriated post, I wouldn't do that you guys :wub: But I am definitely feeling VERY silly.

-Sarah

Edit- PS- I've told my hubby how much I love this message board- "I have people I can talk about poop with, and they don't mind!" He just shakes his head...

Edit- PS #2- There's a new member here with the name medictao, which an uber-cool name! ...But I accidently read it meditaco the first time, now that one keeps popping into my head too. :P

elye Community Regular
OHHHHHHHHHHmigod I've got too much to say!

PerroSenorita? Estudio? Porquoi? (Oops francais?)

Wow am I diggin' city life. (SJ not really so much a big city)

But big enough to have the SF Symphony play in The Park. I walked over to meet old girlfriend Mei for it and it was amazing, thru most of the program anyway. Aaron Copeland's "Fanfare for the Common Man" gave me chills from the 1st brass notes. The tone and intonation so perfect, I had no idea how many were playing. :blink: Usually it's not hard to tell these things.

What a day! Great acupuncture & ocean in Santa Cruz. Having dinner tonight at Shelly's and meeting up w/ another old girlfriend tomorrow morning at my fav WGlen coffeehouse

No time now for silliness. :(

Oh Goosey :lol:

Ahhhhhh, Ptaum...I want your life. Except for the ex-girlfriends, as I suppose those would be tough to explain. You seem to be surrounded by ex's. How come you never married any of them? None have been silly enough, I bet... ;)

Beautiful kitchen, Carla. Interesting shade of green...puce?

Now this is a word that pops into my mind occasionally. Puce. What on earth does that say about me? Through my studio classes at university, we often argued about what colour puce truly was, as it didn't appear on any colour wheel or graph we could find. Our final official definition was: Puce (n): pigment that falls between snot and vomit.

I miss those days! :D

jerseyangel Proficient

Now that's good to hear :D

jerseyangel Proficient
I'll put a picture up of my house tomorrow on my personal profile. I'll just leave it there for a few hours (not a good idea on the internet, right? ;)). So, be sure to look tomorrow.

I'm going to be in and out all day, but I don't want to miss it....so, if you see my face popping up as a "visitor" to your page, I'm just checking for the picture. :lol:;)

jerseyangel Proficient
Two years ago we didn't just remodel our kitchen, we MOVED it to another part of the house! :o Mygawd, that was big...and messy and scary!!

Wow :o That sounds like quite the production!

How long did that take?

I know, when Carla's is done, we should all do kitchen avatars for a week :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I know, when Carla's is done, we should all do kitchen avatars for a week :D

*cough*....*splutter* ermmm.....not on your nelly Patti !!! :lol:

My kitchen is quite squalid :lol: ....needs the re-model.....but I'm just waiting on that lottery win ;)

CarlaB Enthusiast

I need some help ... how do you resize a picture using windows picture viewer? I know I've done it before ....

Yes, my kitchen is big. It's unusual for such an old house .... but there used to be a pantry in it. We could tell where it was because there was still part of the wall there. Now we've taken that wall down.

The green is awful ... it was completely hidden, I was quite surprised when we saw it. At one time a lot of the kitchen was red ... including the wood floor that had been covered by Pergo.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Nevermind ... I cropped it and that worked. :)

jerseyangel Proficient
including the wood floor that had been covered by Pergo.

:blink: Why would someone do that?

I can't help with the picture, I only have experience with photoshop--and I'm not even very good with that. :unsure:

CarlaB Enthusiast
:blink: Why would someone do that?

I can't help with the picture, I only have experience with photoshop--and I'm not even very good with that. :unsure:

Well, it was painted RED! :o Actually the floors were 3/8 of an inch and had been refinished many times. They were not salvageable, we had to tear them out and have them redone in the rest of the house. That was our first project before we even moved in ... it makes the kitchen project look like a walk in the park!!! We also had the windows replaced last year.

BTW, if you live in an old house, Pergo looks really bad unless you get the fake stone stuff (a friend has that), but the wood looks bad in an old house ... I've seen it look nice in a newer house ...

Mtndog Collaborator
Unfortunately I'm not from Moosejaw or Moose Factory or Moosonee but I have visited Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump on a family trip!

I'm an Ontarian of the non-GTA variety.

No way...I learned abbout said place in a class I took a few years ago. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Sarah...ouch on the Tostito in the eye!!!!!!!!

Lisa:

(Sorry guys...Now, he'll act like a genuine tamponhead, with a stuck up attitude and a swelled ego)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU SAID TAMPON HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carla- Sorry about your rough day. Need to write a book "carla's No Good, Very Bad day"

Patti- NO, no one will EVER hit you because you are too nice! :wub: Which is why it's even funnier that you said HYSTERS!!!!!!!

Oh funny friends...I am hurting and need giggles. I twisted ankle and fell hard stepping off my deck Thursday night. Am now in aircast (not broken- ligaments very, very upset!) and very unhappy and in pain (yes- more pain than I was already in). NEED GOOD LAUGHS!!!!!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Oh, Bev, I'm so sorry. I hope you got good laughs from my miserable day! It isn't enough info for a whole book, but it sure would have made a good sitcom! -- Lyme brain loses keys at grocery store! And you know, it was ALL Adam's fault ... you can ask him, he knows it is ... he readily takes the blame for EVERYTHING! What a guy! :D

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Carla - Bad day :( - your story of son with the doUGHnuts made me laugh :lol: (Don't EVER try and outsmart Mums)

BEV!!!! What have you done - silly!!! Trying out your latest dance moves I bet !!!! Hope it mends soon ;)

No offence to any dyslexics (my youngest is dyslexic) but this made me laugh :lol:

DEFINITIONS FOR THE DYSLEXIC

Assassination (n): an arrangement to meet a donkey.

Basket (n): a short nap in the sun.

Circumstantial (n): circumcision on a really big baby.

Dipthong (v): to wash a lady's undergarment.

Gastronome (n): small person prone to excess wind.

Hormone (n): the sound a prostitute makes when she's not been paid.

Intercontinental (n): person who has wet themselves all over the world.

Laminate (v): to artificially inseminate a sheep.

Menopause (n): break in conversation to allow men to get a word in edgeways

Negligent (n): cross-dresser.

Outage (n): process of exposing a Gay politician.

Propaganda (n): a wooden support for one-legged male geese.

Rectitude (n): Precise angle at which a rectal thermometer should be inserted.

Skulduggery (n): archaeological excavation

Titular (n & adj): Busty woman

Vagrant: (n): confused insect

Willy-nilly (n): male who continually catches their penis in their zipper.

jerseyangel Proficient
BTW, if you live in an old house, Pergo looks really bad unless you get the fake stone stuff (a friend has that), but the wood looks bad in an old house ... I've seen it look nice in a newer house ...

Yes, it can look quite nice in a newer house--my parents have it in their kitchen and it's attractive. I just wondered why someone would put something that looks looks like wood over wood. It's a shame the floors were beyond repair....

Is the picture up?

I twisted ankle and fell hard stepping off my deck Thursday night. Am now in aircast (not broken- ligaments very, very upset!) and very unhappy and in pain (yes- more pain than I was already in). NEED GOOD LAUGHS!!!!!!!

Sounds awfully painful, Bev :( Get lots of rest and report here for giggles. Hugs :);)

DEFINITIONS FOR THE DYSLEXIC

Hee Hee :P

jerseyangel Proficient
Nevermind ... I cropped it and that worked. :)

I should have looked before I asked :P

Very nice house :) Charming, with a lot of character--and I just love the porch!

CarlaB Enthusiast
I should have looked before I asked :P

Very nice house :) Charming, with a lot of character--and I just love the porch!

Thanks, I do, too, I had my latte today on my porch ... though it's STILL in the 90's here every day. Very odd.

When we drove up to this house when we were looking, I knew before we even came in the front door that this was the one. :) We were so fortunate to be able to get it. :)

Nikkii -- :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
... though it's STILL in the 90's here every day. Very odd.

Yes, it's still hot and humid here, too. :angry: Very unusual for October.

Mtndog Collaborator
BEV!!!! What have you done - silly!!! Trying out your latest dance moves I bet !!!! Hope it mends soon ;)

Willy-nilly (n): male who continually catches their penis in their zipper.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG- yeah- Dance dance Revolution. Sadly, this weeked is the anniversary of my trampoline jumping, cosmo excursion neither of which I'm in any shape to participate in this year for many reasons :angry: How far we fall :(

This weather is HEINOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me my October. (need pumpkin emoticon)

/

( ' )

(__ _) looks more like a snow man <_<

Actually, before realizing ankle was in such bad shape, i did make it to the Topsfield fair (the scene of last year's trampoline jumping B) ) and saw the World's largest Pumpkin (1700 pounds and worth over $6000). It was UGLY!!!!!!!!!

Carla- Your house look SO COOL!!!!!!

elye Community Regular

(^ ^)

<>

Oh, man...that's the best pumpkin face I can do on here. Hmmmmm...gotta keep trying...

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks, Bev.

I remember a year ago ... I was sliding downhill and felt about like I do now ... I remember thinking how fun it would have been to jump on a trampoline and drink cosmos! Next year, right? :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Carla,

Just popping in to say I love your house! Great porch :) You will be showing after pics too when the remodel is complete?!?!?

Sorry about your ankle Bev, feel better soon.

Hi Nikki!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Just popping in to say I love your house! Great porch :) You will be showing after pics too when the remodel is complete?!?!?

Thanks, yes I will. :) After the kitchen, the only thing left is the master bath. :) Then it's just regular maintenance of a 91 year old house. ;)

elye Community Regular

Yes, Bev...sorry about your ankle mishap. That joint can be a bugger when twisted. Take it easy...(Ha! right, huh?)

Beautiful house, Carla!

Archived