This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star
There's lots of pounding and swearing and Nickelback music coming from below right now. I'm afraid he's going to start chainsawing his way through the wall like Jack Nicholson...Oh Raaaachel, I'm hoooome! Help!

Did'ya at least get a towel before the wall gave way? I'm sure the llamas needed a whole to look through anyway.

Voyeurism! :lol: :lol: :lol: The worst part about peeping in occasionally is that we make so little sense when continuously viewed, the occasional glimpse must be like watching One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

or maybe it's always like that....

:ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi everyone-late posting here--busy day.

John's still sick- and not getting better. Jen was at work last night and knows this fab GI dr in our hospital and he has agreed to see JOhn. He cannot understand why this other dr is insisiting on more scans while a patient is in this much pain. John has not eaten since Monday--a nibble here and there and then he gets sick.

spent the evening with Jen and Landen we made dinner at their house after we spent time doing some spring shopping.

Heres a very unsilly thing- as I was leaving Jen's @ 9:15 I grabbed my phone which was on vibrate and hidden in my purse awasy from little curious hands....here I had 17 missed calls and new text msgs. So I clicked on the text msgs all from John- the 1st said call me ASAP and the next two said Help....I got scared with him the way he is....so i hurried up and called him- here he went out to switch the trash cans and got locked out....@ 8:45.....he had forgotten to unlock the bottom lock on the inside door but he had left that door open--Lucky came along and pushed on the door shutting it....locking John out in his boxers....and it is like 45 out.....so I rushed home....

not much else to report---finally the wind is dying down!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG :lol: :lol: :lol:

I leave for a lame posh party and.........we have a new voyeur???? with a house exploding whilst in the shower and Nickelback and power outages and such and........she's a writing critic???????

(oh dear gawd)

:huh:

:lol:

:blink:

I LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDD

Llama Lady appears on the same day..............

what are the odds?????????

MIMOMMY STAY AND PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You is WACKL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that is a good thing)

:P

elye Community Regular

Goooood Sunday Morning, all!

Today is a crazy one for the books. . . . .My dad has gone back into the hospital - - same problems are back. So I will fit in another visit there today....spent yesterday evening there while he got xrays and CT scans.

One, perhaps two, final tourney games for the Wildcats this morning and this aft. Hope they win it all! My dad is very sad that he's missed the end of Sophie's season. :(

Annnnnnd. . . . .. another baby shower this afternoon, with another Baby Tatt Registry in place. Gad. I ignored it and got my niece several baby board books, an adorable li'l leather baseball glove and ball, and many sleeper/jammies, summer and winter.

There. That takes care o' THAT.

Astonishing thing - - I will manage to come on here at some point in the day. I simply amaze myself, sometimes.

Amanda! That poor hubby o' your'n. . .. . ..!! Glad he finally got in safe and sound.

Uh, listen... .. .. ..just keep yer phone on "ring' at all times....even when at the movies, church, appointments. . . . . .. <_<:rolleyes:

psawyer Proficient

Just popping by for a quick hello.

Jestgar Rising Star

Another day of sunlight expected here. Planning a walk and a couple hours of moving things around in the yard.

psawyer Proficient

It is currently bright and sunny. But the outlook for tomorrow is for precipitation that belongs, not in spring, but the season recently ended. Ten or more centimeters of snow. :angry:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Hi guys!! :D

Got nowt except murderous intent towards me youngest child :ph34r:

...but dear gaaaawd!!!!

New peeps and Mimommy!!!!! :D

The return of Llama lady!!!!!!!!!!

Exploding houses (caused by Nickleback? :unsure:) whilst in the shower (that's normal ain't it?? :unsure: )

Suzzelle's unbearably cute new av!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Em, hope your Dad's ok :)

I shouldn't (but I did) <snort!> at Amanda's tale of poor John locked out in his boxers :lol:

POeter!!! What in hell???

10 centimetRes o' snow???? :blink:

mimommy Contributor
It is currently bright and sunny. But the outlook for tomorrow is for precipitation that belongs, not in spring, but the season recently ended. Ten or more centimeters of snow. :angry:

You must be getting our weather (actually, I think we're getting yours). Here in the Detroit suburbs they're calling for 6 inches of the nasty white stuff overnight. Enough already!! My tulips and daffodils can't take anymore.

And no fears--it's not critic , but critique.

One implies self-important nincompoop with messy desk and bad diet. The other implies forward thinking liberals with fantasy life happy endings and plenty of Kleenex boxes. (I'll take the fantasy over the fast food any day.)

We don't meet anymore, anyway. It was a 2 year volunteer gig at my local library, all in good fun.

elye Community Regular
Another day of sunlight expected here. Planning a walk and a couple hours of moving things around in the yard.

Jess! When does your li'l-thumbed neighboUr begin his works at your place?

Dear gawd.....did not hear of this. We always get what you've had, POeter... :unsure: ....but our forecast is for rain and +8 for the next three days.. ........ ...

And no fears--it's not critic , but critique.

One implies self-important nincompoop with messy desk and bad diet. The other implies forward thinking liberals with fantasy life happy endings and plenty of Kleenex boxes. (I'll take the fantasy over the fast food any day.)

:lol::lol: OMG....Mimommy crackin' me up. . . . ....

Critic vs. Critique.. . . . . . . ..seems like the difference to me is simply the Anglo-Saxon world vs. that of the Mediterranean. . . . . . :rolleyes:

Actually, I have never heard of critique used as a noun, only a verb. I have critiqued SO many pieces of drivel in my life, I sometimes want to throw myself into the Rideau Canal.

Y'know, that kinda thang. :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
Jess! When does your li'l-thumbed neighboUr begin his works at your place?

I'm hoping he'll show up Monday. We only get two more days of sun before the rain comes back.

Public service announcement: If you've been eating sticky dried fruit, do NOT pet a spring-time kitty.

:ph34r: must go bathe....

psawyer Proficient
Public service announcement: If you've been eating sticky dried fruit, do NOT pet a spring-time kitty.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Voyeurism! :lol: :lol: :lol: The worst part about peeping in occasionally is that we make so little sense when continuously viewed, the occasional glimpse must be like watching One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

or maybe it's always like that....

:ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just re-read Jess's post and wanted to highlight this sentence......really gave me a good chortle.

but how scary that we make so much sense.......to ourselves....... :lol:

well :blink: I have the wackl-est Kitteh :wub:

Um - my small bath mat is gone from the bathroom.......just......gone :blink: and I am certain he has dragged it off somewhere......but I can nae find where :huh: also a necklace I wanted to wear last night........who in hell knows where it is........he drags things around wif him.......I have found many things in his sleeping spot, which is the back cushion on the couch......like a little nest of stolen things in there :huh:

:wub:

:lol: :lol:

mimommy Contributor
I have critiqued SO many pieces of drivel in my life,

Life is too short for bad fiction, I always say. Forsooth, thou must wieldeth yon mighty red pen. Hey, lady, be careful--you could cross somebody's 'i' out with that thing!

mimommy Contributor
Did'ya at least get a towel before the wall gave way? I'm sure the llamas needed a whole to look through anyway.

So, my husband went to Ace Hardware this morning (3 blocks from our house) to get some Primer, and they couldn't scan his credit card cuz the power had been out since yesterday--coinkydink? I think not.

And dressing in front of those doe eyed llamas is just down right embarrassing <blush> we just don't do that sort of thing around here.

Jestgar Rising Star
Hey, lady, be careful--you could cross somebody's 'i' out with that thing!

elye Community Regular

Drrrrrrrruuuuuuumrollllllllllllll. .. . . .........

*********GOLD MEDAL!!!!!!!!!********

OMG.....In overtime.. . ... . ...I couldn't stand it.

Well.........my mom was at this game. She screamed much more than I did, and I was feeling no pain from the wine-swilling baby shower from which I had raced.. . . ... .methinks I was quite vocal, but my mother? Man . . . . ...

She stood at one point, after a very bad call on one of our players, and screeched,

I am a f*ckin'-TAS-tic fan!! :lol:

Um, nice variation, Mom . . .. . . ...

At one point Sophie was being shoved around by a couple of opposing defensemen (defensegirls) and my mother yelled, "Now, I am that goalie's grandmother!! You girls LAY OFF HER!!" :lol::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
So, my husband went to Ace Hardware this morning (3 blocks from our house) to get some Primer, and they couldn't scan his credit card cuz the power had been out since yesterday--coinkydink? I think not.

gahhhhhhhhhh :lol: :lol: all his fault........

Drrrrrrrruuuuuuumrollllllllllllll. .. . . .........

*********GOLD MEDAL!!!!!!!!!********

OMG.....In overtime.. . ... . ...I couldn't stand it.

Well.........my mom was at this game. She screamed much more than I did, and I was feeling no pain from the wine-swilling baby shower from which I had raced.. . . ... .methinks I was quite vocal, but my mother? Man . . . . ...

She stood at one point, after a very bad call on one of our players, and screeched,

I am a f*ckin'-TAS-tic fan!!

Um, nice variation, Mom . . .. . . ...

At one point Sophie was being shoved around by a couple of opposing defensemen (defensegirls) and my mother yelled, "Now, I am that goalie's grandmother!! You girls LAY OFF HER!!"

and

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fan-pharking-tastic indeed.........YAY SOPHIE!!!!!!!!!!! Just loved yer whole ebullient post :lol:

and yer mum - dear gawd :unsure:

but what good news!!!!!!! You must have been outta yer mind at that game, Lady :blink:

and now it's all over!!!!!!!

crack open the absinthe, put the crutch tips in, and get to the ho'tub!!!!!!!!!!

am freezing cold.........it's about 70 outside :lol::ph34r:

also - have poison oak just from BEING AT WORK - got it from the radio harnesses or maybe a contaminated sweatshirt I moved........proves the theory - I can practically just hear the words "poison oak" and will have an outbreak :blink:

dollamasgetceliac? Explorer

Is any one going to guess my identity any more?

have given up?

heres a hint...

im a lady (a llama lady)

I live in a...

house (i think) :ph34r:

and another hint:

llamas are in finanshal ruin

im allergic to cats and taxes

:D now im scared...

Jestgar Rising Star

im allergic to cats and taxes

ah. A former member of Lehman Brothers. You've been trying to switch high powered fashion from wool suits to llama suits by subtly incorporating hand made llammawear into your wardrobe. With the collapse of the financial market, and the onset of summer, you've put your LlamaCladAmerica dreams on hold for a while.

dollamasgetceliac? Explorer

the llamas are im me head psillie!

:D:lol:

me doctor said I must live in the present, but to me the past present and future are all the same.

any other guesses?

my docters want to treat me 4 me psillys

elye Community Regular

Well..... ... .. .who isn't? <_<

Llamalady, I have decided that you are Yoko Ono.

:huh:

Er sumfin'. .. ........ . . . ..

Sooooze! Oh, dear... . . . .not the dreaded P.O.... . .. . . . . :angry::(

Bright side - - Perhaps it is better than B.O.

:rolleyes:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
ah. A former member of Lehman Brothers. You've been trying to switch high powered fashion from wool suits to llama suits by subtly incorporating hand made llammawear into your wardrobe. With the collapse of the financial market, and the onset of summer, you've put your LlamaCladAmerica dreams on hold for a while.

:lol: :lol: :lol: absolutely BRILLIANT pscientiphic hypothesizing, Gyeoess. but.......

Llamalady, I have decided that you are Yoko Ono.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

now this, THIS is the phunniest and MOST ASTUTE thing EVER

*snoooooooooooooooort*

OMG - LL is Yoko? :o

we've GOT it!!!!!!!!! that's IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI YOKO!!!!!!!!!!!!

<waving giddily and frantically>

Jestgar Rising Star
HI YOKO!!!!!!!!!!!!

<waving giddily and frantically>

Well, I ate something very bad today (no idea what) and I'm feeling better, but I'm dehydrated and exhausted. I'm going to bed (Yes, it's only 7 o'clock).

I've got a boat load of work with a Tuesday deadline. Presumably Tuesday am, since it goes into what the boss is writing and his deadline is probably Tuesday pm. I figure if I wake up early, I'll go in early. Either way it's likely to be another 11-12 hour day.

nite all

Ridgewalker Contributor

Hey everybody. Jess, I hope you feel better soon! Hi to all the new people I haven't met yet!

Just stopped by to make sure everyone here knew about the Corn Chex thing. I found the post- I should've known it would have been been-there-done-that around here. :lol:

The boys and I are doing well. I mean, yeah there's always some new drama every other week, but I'm starting to think that's just how it's gonna be for quite a while. This past week was really hard for me- Wednesday was my 9th anniversary. (Do you think it was a bad idea to get married on April Fool's Day?) :rolleyes: But anyway, it's over, next week will be better.

I finally was able to find a job, albeit it is at what my mom calls "The Poison Factory" (McDonald's.) I work in the early mornings, and yes indeed there is biscuit flour EV-ER-Y-WHERE, all morning. So I don't know how long this is going to last. But I was desperate, and so far I haven't gotten sick. But I just started a week ago and I sure don't get my hands anywhere NEAR my mouth... I try not to breathe through my mouth either. <_< If I can just stick with it till I've saved up enough money for CNA school, I'll be ok.

BTW, just so everyone knows... it's the Biscuit Maker who makes the salads and the yogurt parfaits every morning, and she is, of course, covered head-to-toe in flour. :o

Gotta run for now. I think about you guys all the time! :wub:

Archived