This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I was sitting near a guy who is clearly a dim sum aficianado so I asked if one particular bun was bread or rice. He said "oh, you don't eat gluten?" and proceeded to pick out all the rice based treats for me, and ask for two of everything, one without sauce. He even grabbed stuff and handed it to me first, and when he was combining plates for more room, he didn't mix the rice food with the breaded food.

And my biggest concern of the moment - red? or white? with peanut butter?

:o

who in HELL is this wondrous dim sum gluten-free savant? how in hell did he know?

was he cute? single? likes civkebs? :lol:

Um........peanut butter...............neither really goes. So drink the red.

;)

There's Ptaum reading along again!!!!!

I love that.

:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jestgar Rising Star
who in HELL is this wondrous dim sum gluten-free savant? how in hell did he know?

was he cute? single? likes civkebs? :lol:

:)

Do not know his relationship status, but he plays on the gay men's soccer team, so I don't think I'm his type.

Did not get a chance to ask him how he knew.....

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Do not know his relationship status, but he plays on the gay men's soccer team, so I don't think I'm his type.

Oh please. Like that would stop us. Just remember Elaine on Seinfeld:

"but we neeeeeeeeeeeed a shortstop!!!!!!!!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
Oh please. Like that would stop us. Just remember Elaine on Seinfeld:

"but we neeeeeeeeeeeed a shortstop!!!!!!!!!"

mimommy Contributor
A little birdie told me we have a new Queen...actually the Queen herself told me.

Yep, I have connections :lol::lol:

Congrats to Queen Rachel!!!

My rule reaches far and wide :rolleyes:

Hey where the ++++ did all my quotes go?

My duck has been eggsitting for at least a week longer than that first post, so??? Not sure.

Yes, I have been spending wayYYY too much time on line. I haven't eaten or showered in days (just kidding. I did eat.) :blink:

I ran into some old (and I do mean old) friends. Fun stuff.

Suze's boss still on doody duty?

Love Julie's av.

Love Theresa's av.

You guys are three pages ahead of me. I worked til 6:30, had a hair appointmnet from 7-9. Came home, did dishes, tucked my girl into bed. Petted my dog. Chatted with hubs

then snuck back in here to use the computer :ph34r:

mimommy Contributor
this lady apparentlty smells quite strange and has a lisp,

Don't laugh. I, too have a slight lisp.

Tis true. People assure me it's quite "cute" but I tend to disagree.

Ummm . . . :unsure: . . . me too . . . you just can't tell over the internet . . . :lol:

Love that typing cancels lisping--unless typos count :unsure:

Missed this phirst time 'shroomy!!!

'Leucodendrons' eh??

Do we have these in Blighty???? :unsure:

Sounds like an atomic particle or summat equally scientific :rolleyes:

Oh help ME!!!!!

SAVE me from 'made for tv films on in the afternoon'.......... amgetttingsuckedinmustnotwatch..................

Nikk, you are just so darn cute ! Did you fire me today???

:lol:

I don't know what it means Suze, but it sure makes me giggle.

I had an equally bizarre dream last night about Olympia Dukakis (sp?)

She showed up at my Drs appointment :blink:

OMG, Joooools!!!

(SO fan-farking -tastic to see you here :wub::wub: ) But THIS IS HILARIOUS and ASTONISHING. .. . .......

I ALSO had a dream about Olympia Dukakis, two night ago. . . ... . .

:huh:

:blink:

Honest to gawd. . . . ... :unsure: . . . . ......she was in the hospital with my dad, in his room chatting with him about the television and movie industry. .. . .....not certain if she was a patient, or nurse, or had been cast in a hospital drama and was playing her role . . . .....

I thought briefly about it yesterday morning, then forgot about it until I read yer post. . . ....

:blink::blink:

Now WHAT IN HELL DOES THAT MEAN???????

You know, I had a weird dream about do ca-ca's in Olympia, too :blink:

Actually, I didn't. But I did gt a call from my doctor today. They scared me, said they needed me to call back regarding my test results that they wanted to discuss. Considering I just had a pap and they found cysts, you know what I was thinking, right?

Well, no worries. But apparrently my vitamin-d is low. WIH is going on?

Jestgar Rising Star
Actually, I didn't. But I did gt a call from my doctor today. They scared me, said they needed me to call back regarding my test results that they wanted to discuss. Considering I just had a pap and they found cysts, you know what I was thinking, right?

Well, no worries. But apparrently my vitamin-d is low. WIH is going on?

:o OMG!! What if you have Celiac disease!?!?!?!?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mimommy Contributor

What is this, the cold shoulder? :huh: How come everybody's reading and I'm the only one squiggling? :unsure:

SHE IS LLAMA LADY??????????????????????

I have decided my tiger/orange butter dream (I was slathering this balm into his large, wonderful paws - what does it mean??? ) has to do with:

I can just see the regal Ms. Dukakis posting llama links to get a larph round here.

Tiger balm :lol:

I'm tired and grouchy, but I did want to share my fab dim sum experience.

A previous lab member was visiting from the east coast so a bunch of us went out for dim sum. I was sitting near a guy who is clearly a dim sum aficianado so I asked if one particular bun was bread or rice. He said "oh, you don't eat gluten?" and proceeded to pick out all the rice based treats for me, and ask for two of everything, one without sauce. He even grabbed stuff and handed it to me first, and when he was combining plates for more room, he didn't mix the rice food with the breaded food.

It was the most incredible lunch.

And my biggest concern of the moment - red? or white? with peanut butter?

Sounds divine, and dem sum!

mimommy Contributor
:o OMG!! What if you have Celiac disease!?!?!?!?

Wouldn't that just be the cats fuzzy a$$.

But (say it with me), "my tests were negative".

curlyfries Contributor

Goooood Mornin sils!!!!!!!................Why have I been awake since 4:45?

I logged on 45 minutes ago and absolutely NObody else was on the entire site!.....so cold and lonely here:ph34r:

Phloo is doing better....as long as I keep popping Tylenol to keep my temperature down.

Brian is home :D ....he's gonna get handicapped license plates tomorrow....only have a coupla days before ours expire, anywhoo. Did you know you can get handicapped plates for motorcycles? :rolleyes:

Forgot to tell you......Brian has a bicycle horn attached to his crutch! :P

Just found out I will be working summer school this year :) ....didn't think I'd get it. At least I'll be making a little bit of money for a little while.

Brian and I went to the chiro yesterday :) They were soooo glad to see him. We were both in such bad shape they want us back today

.........Gee..........if I really have to ;)

Oh....and Brian has decided that once school is out, we should take a vacation.. . . . . . ....... . . . . ..he wants to go scuba diving :rolleyes:

We finally got the money from his dismemberment insurance, so we'll be able to pay off some bills :)

Need to go shopping for a maternity wedding dress.. . .. . . . . .....do they even make those? :unsure:

Briana no doubt would be married by now if not for all that has happened. We're gonna try to set up a web cam so Nathan can watch in real time.

Must sign off for now......gettin a headache.....time for more Tylenol.

Me peeps will be up and aboot soon.

But my peeps don't achshully *peep* like Jess's.

......hmmmmm.....must work on this.

..........NO WAIT!......What am I thinking????? :o .

...........excessive peeping is annoying <_<

..........I likes me quiet ^_^

...............now I really needs me Tylenol

Later sils

nikki-uk Enthusiast

LEESARRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! <waving madly :D >

I love roaming around the site when it's empty!!!....... feels naughty :lol:

Glad you got Brian and his horny (beep beep!) crotch crutch back!! ;)

GADS you guys DEFINITELY need a holiday vacation :rolleyes:

Maternity wedding dresses??? :unsure: .....aren't they sold next to the shotguns ?? ;):lol:

Hopes yer feel better soon Leese!! :D

curlyfries Contributor
Maternity wedding dresses??? :unsure: .....aren't they sold next to the shotguns ?? ;):lol:

Just showed this to future son-in-law.....

This was his reaction.....

curlyfries Contributor
Glad you got Brian and his horny (beep beep!) crotch crutch back!! ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Tylenol

now

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I have decided my tiger/orange butter dream (I was slathering this balm into his large, wonderful paws - what does it mean??? ) has to do with:

1. the new Bath and Body Works plug-in fragrance I got yesterday in Orange Nectar ('tis lovely!!!! :rolleyes: ) and -

2. Nik's very own Tiger Pig

OR

I will wash TP.......the orange Butter coloUr will wash out and Tiger Pig will become Lion Pig :blink:

what am I going to do for summer cocktail? what will it be??

Martinis??? :P

Nikk, you are just so darn cute ! Did you fire me today???

I may have been a tad hasty with my spacebook status (''YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!'')especially to our blondE bombshell fair Kween...... But I've always wanted say that to someone (with shouty voice)

JESS and the Peeps!!!.....where ARE they?? (LOVE the pics of the kats circling the civckeb box BTW :lol: )

mushroom Proficient

Okay, I fess up, I is the anonnymouse user drifting around here. Had a long day and doing some quiet reading late at night. So tired, no psilly in me at all, spent de whole day in town, but got me a nifty carry-on bag at one-third off (Samsonite yet), so I is happy. The handle works!!! Yeah!

So glad Brian is home, Lisa, but pooh about de flu. Get well soon. And you both deserve that holiday!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Just showed this to future son-in-law.....

This was his reaction.....

NO NO!!!

I was (jokingly) inferring a 'shotgun' wedding as Briana is pregnant (which I know it isn't 'cos the wedding has been un- aviodably delayed)

<shutting up NOW as digging meself deeper :lol: >

elye Community Regular

Good Morning, All!

OMG......a horn on Brian's crutch..... . :lol::lol: Now, that is fantastic. .. . ....

Now, I can only hope that the rubber on the bicycle horn matches the coloUr of his crutch tips. . . . ....

Good news on the summer work, Leeeeesargh! :) AND on that much-needed holiday... .. . . .now, take that Tylenol. ......

Hmmmm.. . . . .Olympia as Llamalady . . . .... . .

:huh:

psawyer Proficient

Morning, pholks!

Drab, dreary, dull day. But at least the rain seems to have stopped for now.

Open Original Shared Link

A horny crutch? :o

elye Community Regular

POeter! This man is everywhere! :)B)

Rob has written 18 books?? Incroyable. . . ....

We need to get him into Psillyville.

Jestgar Rising Star
POeter! This man is everywhere! :)B)

Rob has written 18 books?? Incroyable. . . ....

We need to get him into Psillyville.

:o No way! We'd all end up as anomalous humanoids in his books - and he wouldn't even have to tweak our personalities to fit! How embarrassing would that be!

jerseyangel Proficient

I enjoyed reading that, thanks. Last night during the "Lost" finale, we saw a commercial for the new series. It looks really good--we're looking forward to it. I'll bet lots of "Losties" are, too. :)

elye Community Regular
:o No way! We'd all end up as anomalous humanoids in his books - and he wouldn't even have to tweak our personalities to fit! How embarrassing would that be!

I know, I know!. . . . . .SO much fodder here for 'im. . . ...... <_<:rolleyes:

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Morning, pholks!

I wonder if it'll be shown over here eventually?? :unsure:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
I wonder if it'll be shown over here eventually?? :unsure:

One of us can mail you the season when it comes out on DVD.

Ridgewalker Contributor

WoW! Peter, that is SO cool. That Flash Forward sounds right up my alley. Looking forward to it!

Has anyone else planted vegetable gardens this year? My dad and I collaborated and did a big one. We've got two kinds of bell peppers, zucchini, cantaloupe, green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, pumpkins, and even CORN. :blink: Yeah, we kinda went nuts. The boys have been helping, too. It's been fun, but something has been nibbling on the green bean plants. :angry:

How is everyone???

Archived