This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

psawyer Proficient
GAH! Well done, Oracle POeter! Ya got ALL the dwarfs (um.....dwarves..... ..?) in there!

. ..... . . . Wasn't there a Sleazy? .. . .. . .... :huh:

:lol:

That would be my ex-BIL. :lol: :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

New dwarf name--"psillie" B)

psawyer Proficient

So, we spent most of the day visiting a supplier at their plant.

Trivia learned today:

In Canada, there are 8.3 million pet cats, but only 5 million pet dogs. Canada is the only country where pet cats outnumber pet dogs.

Cats rule! Dogs drool! :o

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Good evenin' Sills!!!!!!!!!! :)

heinous, exploding-head allergy sort of day. :blink: Was at work, bleary and crazy and snotty and very funny (entertained my boss but he was in a lunatic state over some spreadsheet/budget due first thing tomorrow)

No poison oak, just the FIRST and ONLY day this season of this WILD sneezing heinosity. :blink:

I have a million quotes now, but will get busted......so must erase most. :angry:

too spent from violent sneezing and benadryl and hardly any food and NINETY SOLID MINUTES (or more?) of trying on clothing today. <_< (an unimaginable hell and hateful task but everything at the store is 50 to 80 percent off)

I will probably dream about Willie Nelson tonight, just because I read about him here :lol: I hope Olympia shows up also......

Daughter feeling better this morning. I sat with her for a very long time last night and held her. This was her first experience with losing a pet, and we all know how much it hurts

Thinking I might lose one or two jobs, as I find it incredibly challenging to manage it all and still be a mother to my child--which bar none comes first.

Things are actually looking rather upwards with my hubbies job, though. He may be laid off this summer, but was told they have divested and he will quite likely be moved to a new project involving "applications technology" that allows for downloads and uploads right into your car through your phone. Whatever will they think of next? The interesting thing is that it may involve trips to Seattle. Jess? You're in Seattle, aren't you? I may have to tag along

see Tea's reply:

Mini Mom.....Good thiings often balance the bad. I'm sure all will work out well in the end. I know what it's like to try to balance multiple jobs and still be a parent. I think I hear the creaKing of a new door opening for you! Keeping your hubbies job opportunity in prayer. 'Tis so hard to lose a pet...they bring such joy to our lives and leave a great store of love and memories when they go.. Angels are not just 2 legged replicas of ourselves. They touch our lives while here and give us something intangible and beyond description. Hard lessons for a child, though.

so beautifully said!!! and what we all are thinking. :)

Trip to Seattle to see Geoss and eat dim sum??? woo hoooooo!!!!!!!!! <jealous>

Suess and her cabbages/cvibkegs (whatever). Good that you can get a laff over liphes strangeness. It's a wonderphul thing to have such a good reLationShip with your mom :) Consider yourselph fortunate......so many families drift apart and phorget that family members can be your best friends. I'm so rich in love with family.....so lukky!!!

Oh Tea, I am NOT rich in family. I live two miles from my brother and three of his five daughters and have not once spoken to them since Christmas. :( so sad, they just don't care. My mom has not talked to them either. another story.

that's why friends and sillies are me family :)

JULES!!!!!!! nice to see you poop in!!! we miss you...and yes, you missed the oh-so-fleeting Richard sighting!!!!!!!!!!!

I'z here!!

You do not stinketh :)

You all keep me so busy with this multimedia muti-tasking (hee-hee). Oh, Jess commented on Suze's post and Nikki sent an ass for you to kiss and Theresa sent a hilarious joke by e-mail and so on. I LOVE IT ALL!!! You guys are the most fun I've had in well, ever.

that about sums it up!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Yes, git yer crazy husband to join the wackl-ness......the more wackl, the better.......

Hey!! The Ripper is my friend on facebook now! *I have arrived* *snigger*

part deux coming up

DingoGirl Enthusiast

part deux

I can't seem to enjoy Facebook or e-mail the way I did before. They're just not the same.........I'm not the same. They had a different purpose for a while and it's taken the fun out of them.

But here.........I kept psillyville untouched by it all

......and for some reason

.......it's the only place I feel

........close to normal(?)

.........and......comfy

......like a big

......snuggly

........Tiger Pig

:wub:

Sorry..........I'ze feeling very emotional today

......But I'm sqeeky clean now, and smells real good!

:wub:

this was just the tenderest, most adorable post, Leese.

You've been through so much, you must be in some state of post-trauamatic stress, and it will be a long time before anything feels normal, I imagine.....thank GAWD you can still feel safe among the bosom of your Sills :)

Be gentle with yourself, love....takes time.....you had sorrow upon sorrow (the apostle Paul referenced this)....and you are handling it with such grace :)

Aw Lisa--I'm really glad you still pheel comfortable here :wub: I don't know how you could go through what you have and be the same. You really are the epitome of grace.

she is :)

Been thinking of doing some remodelling I see! :lol:

So sorry for the loss of beloved wee Mousey. Your daughter has just learned one of life's harder lessons.; but what we lose on the swings we gain on the roundabouts. Good news on hubbie's new job possibilities.

Yep, been out there polishing the brass all day :D

Psillies lost their way to the playground today; maybe they will find it tomorra??

Excellent decree, Your Majesty. Shoot a$$holes on sight, right!! (wif pleasure). No more sadness and strife--banished forevva!!

But red drinks??? I nae can have tomato juice!! Oh, not that kind of Russian!. Okay.

Right!. I believe the official quote is "Psillies are forevvaah"

Gosh, I did not know Grace had got an epitome already. Can I have one too?

Nowt going on here except cold and rain and snow and hail and sleet and it's still not even winter yet. We is bundlin" (kinda nice) Cat doesn't mind cuz she's got lotsa fur (Maine Coon)

Nite nite all.

:lol: I just love Shroomie's entire magical posts!!!!!!! SHROOMIE - when do you leave and come here?

and Oh! She's got a Maine Coone!

OOooooh Kurly Leez-ah! We have missed you so much! Hope you find yerselph soon! All of you is still in there some where.....'tis snuggled inside a verchu-al Tiger Pig (probably in the fetal position), waiting for the storm to phinally pass. So berry glad yous is still wif us!

so adorably and beautifully said! :) You IS da spokesperson for Sillyville!!!!!!!

Dear gawd. . .....Don't EVER give anyone back their epitomes. I've had a couple, and you cannot imagine the position you are in, the instruments they use, the drawling words of comfort that they try to sell you - - "this'll only take a minute"...... . HA. Grace would rather YOU have that epitome, beleeeeeeeeve me.

This is. . . ......deeply fascinating, somewhat disorienting. . . ..... . snow and cold somewhere . . ......one of the Psillies is bundling up, making psnaoughmen .. . ....

:lol: :lol: to all of Emmel's stuff

Jyess is tired! C'mon, you sciencey, numberish lady. . ........you types do not EVAH get tired... . ..

I KNOW!!! Geoss tired....she must be doing sumfin' REALLY hard.

Wish you could all come and hang out in our office some day......you could actually make a sitcom out of our behavior :lol:

Ah, the Sneezy sort of allergies that make you Grumpy and too Bashful to go out, but the meds make you Dopey and Sleepy, and there's no Doc to make you Happy again.

<snackle> :lol:

Well, nose is driving me nuts, skin is itching (could be mild hints of poison oak, but not bad), head feels all swolt up, and I am generally quite miserable.

Would like to lose 10 pounds by Saturday. VERY VERY VERY posh party I am attending. :blink:

Quite funny......my dearest friend Sophie's husband is playing in some hootenanny band. King George has a doctorate in musicology and is a trained classical musician and high school music teacher.....but they've got a band playing Hank Williams, Johnny Cash - MY kind of music. Am slightly out of my mind for this.

So - George is the poor one in the group......and these guys are VERY wealthy cotton farmers who've formed this band. (read: rich white guys trying to be cool)

Sophie's bringing me as her date to the very lovely country club. What in hell do I wear? Do I show up in a gingham midriff shirt and Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots? (just kidding)

I have purchased a fabulous, very bohemian light cotton tunic thing at half price....must figger out the jeans/pants/whatever. <soooooooo bored with that> <_<

I will do my best to behave in this crowd, the likes of which I do not like (I know some of them, or, my father did)

:huh:

Tons of free POSH food and drink, including an entire roasted pig ;)

I will need a driver :lol:

later sills, going to walk the Weez now, then lay my bloated head down on summat comfy

flourgirl Apprentice
Ah, the Sneezy sort of allergies that make you Grumpy and too Bashful to go out, but the meds make you Dopey and Sleepy, and there's no Doc to make you Happy again. B)

Gaaaaaahhhh! This was just wunnerphul! Gave me a big chuckle! :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

What the heck?

Here I am having a glass of scotch instead of before with dinner and nobody's here to play with me?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular
Trivia learned today:

In Canada, there are 8.3 million pet cats, but only 5 million pet dogs. Canada is the only country where pet cats outnumber pet dogs.

Well. . . . . . ...dogs are more work... . .. . . . ..are we Canucks simply lazier than the masses? <_<

Hey!! The Ripper is my friend on facebook now! *I have arrived* *snigger*

:lol::lol: So phunnee! Jack is movin' in on all the Psillies... . . . . .......he is so very excited by this.

What an odd kid.

:rolleyes:

psawyer Proficient
What the heck?

Here I am having a glass of scotch instead of before with dinner and nobody's here to play with me?

I'm here. I'm not sure for how long--it was another early morning, by my standards, to be at a meeting 55 miles away for 8:30 am. Lie-in tomorrow as we don't have to be in until noon.

I'm not really a morning person, unlike Jess. The first time I discovered that there was another five o'clock was because I was still up. :P

Jestgar Rising Star
:lol::lol: So phunnee! Jack is movin' in on all the Psillies... . . . . .......he is so very excited by this.

What an odd kid.

Dude! We're mostly female. I'd say he's getting in some practice.

Jestgar Rising Star
The first time I discovered that there was another five o'clock was because I was still up. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: I actually believe that.

You just can't imagine the joy of the fisrt breeze of the morining, the birds waking up, a fresh killed rodent dropped on your pillow, still wet with the morning dew...

jerseyangel Proficient

Hey Soozle-Woozle--there you are! :D The par-tahy on Saturday sounds incredibly phab--especially the music. Your cotton tunic will be perfect B)

Jess is sipping scotch....I'm drinking Earl Gray tea. Gawd how boring :P

What else? Cats, dogs, phish....phriends of The Ripper.......it's all a blur :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
What the heck?

well I'm HERE now, about to pour some cheap white, and where is she??? :blink:

So phunnee! Jack is movin' in on all the Psillies... . . . . .......he is so very excited by this.

What an odd kid.

he's simply phabulous ;)

I'm not really a morning person, unlike Jess. The first time I discovered that there was another five o'clock was because I was still up.

OMG - me too :lol:

Dude! We're mostly female. I'd say he's getting in some practice.

he so totally is!!!!!!!! :lol:

Hey Soozle-Woozle--there you are! :D The par-tahy on Saturday sounds incredibly phab--especially the music. Your cotton tunic will be perfect B)

Jess is sipping scotch....I'm drinking Earl Gray tea. Gawd how boring :P

What else? Cats, dogs, phish....phriends of The Ripper.......it's all a blur :lol:

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :lol: :lol: 'tis, Patti....

so bloody hot here :angry:

just had a walk, and am drenched in sweat <_<

curlyfries Contributor

De ja vu.........Patteigh and PeOter are here again to keep me company! :D

Just a short poop in tonite, peeps........need to catch up on my sleep.........got none last nite :(

I really is sick, now. I went to the doc today, cuz my temp was goin up and down and I had an awful cough.

Sooooooo............I has pneumonia <_<

You've been through so much, you must be in some state of post-trauamatic stress, and it will be a long time before anything feels normal, I imagine.....thank GAWD you can still feel safe among the bosom of your Sills :)

Be gentle with yourself, love....takes time.....you had sorrow upon sorrow (the apostle Paul referenced this)....and you are handling it with such grace :)

I'm tryin.....really I am

.......but what's with this Grace again? :angry: ..........cuz if she gave me pneumonia, I'm kickin her to the curb!

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh gawd Leesaugh :( Take good care, get lots of rest and follow the doctor's orders. :) Sending a big hug and get-well thoughts :D

curlyfries Contributor

Thanks, Pattee :)

SOOZLE!!!!!........Has Grace been visiting you, too?????

Future son-in-law has been absolutely hovering...........need a drs. note just to get up to go pee <_<

Shhhhhhh........I snuck in here after he went to bed ;)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Hey Joooles! Always glad to read you. Hey Juuuude! How's thing s in Pa? Making progress? Sounds like you are working your phingers to the bone. Let me see them fingers! Are they boney? :P

fingers aren't boney...nothing on me is boney :lol:

been in closets all day

bringing out the tables to set up for the big sale on Sat

Not even sure i'll make $$ would like to break even and GET RID OF ALL THE STUFF.

I really is sick, now. I went to the doc today, cuz my temp was goin up and down and I had an awful cough.

Lisa, it's past time for you to get cut a break.

take care of yourself. Your body is tired from all the stress.

Hi all the rest of me sillies.

I love ready along.

Missing those who we aren't seeing.

love you all

Judy

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Judith! Hope you make some dough on yer sale :)

Leesargh :( not pneumonia??? Yes, get LOTS of rest.

SILLIES

Have never been more gobsmacked in my life

:blink:

:o

:o

Weezee and I just awoke to strange noises (but fan's always on and door's shut to keep Skit out) and - I walked out of my room to hear a howling cat fight in my living room :o

and oh my gawd, just as I came in the room, a very wild CAT was running outside through a giant hole he'd chewed in the sliding screen door :angry:

Um - gated, walled back yard - no cats EVER EVER EVER in my back yard in the four years I've been here............

poor Skit is so freaked out now - walked around growling and crouching everywhere :(

WHAT IN HELL??????????????

this means - I can NEVER leave screen door open at night again :(:angry::(

and - must fix screen immediately

but sillies -

WHAT IN HELL???????????????

:angry:

back to bed

mushroom Proficient
..... . . . Wasn't there a Sleazy? .. . .. . .... :huh:

You betcha; everywheres you go there's a sleazy, the whole world is overloaded with them, little weasley mens leering everywhere they's not supposed to :rolleyes:

Trivia learned today:

Cats rule! Dogs drool! :o

Just goes to show: only in Canada is it too cold to walk de dog!

Oh Tea, I am NOT rich in family. I live two miles from my brother and three of his five daughters and have not once spoken to them since Christmas. :( so sad, they just don't care. My mom has not talked to them either. another story.

that's why friends and sillies are me family :)

That is so sad Soozle, to be so estranged from bro. I have a sister that could be like that but we make special efforts to keep that from happening because I saw it with Mom and her sister. Dang, you need someone to help you with your newmoania too! Take good care of yerselph, psillie and get better soon.

I just love Shroomie's entire magical posts!!!!!!! SHROOMIE - when do you leave and come here?

and Oh! She's got a Maine Coone!

OMG, someone luvs me, someone cares, I feel very speshul :D:blink:

If I had my way we would be outta here tomorra, brrr. Bl**dy Antarctic express roaring through here for days now, running way ahead of the timetable, which calls for July/August :angry: But we leaves June 8; anuvver two weeks of this stuff?? :(

Miss Em has so much g*dd*mned fur, she has much to spare and leaves it lying all over the furniture, taunting us, HeHe, I don't even need this, I will give you my discards, you poor furless wretches bundling up in four warm sweaters and fake fur-lined knickers and whatnot.... :o

You just can't imagine the joy of the fisrt breeze of the morining, the birds waking up, a fresh killed rodent fragrant frangipani dropped on your pillow, still wet with the morning dew...

Whatinhe*ll's wrong widdat?

just had a walk, and am drenched in sweat <_<

Just had one too, down to the gate and back, drenched in frozen icicles :lol:

.......but what's with this Grace again? :angry: ..........cuz if she gave me pneumonia, I'm kickin her to the curb!

Kick her in her epitome! :lol:

and oh my gawd, just as I came in the room, a very wild CAT was running outside through a giant hole he'd chewed in the sliding screen door :angry:

this means - I can NEVER leave screen door open at night again :(:angry::(

and - must fix screen immediately

but sillies -

WHAT IN HELL???????????????

back to bed

Poor Skit's territory invaded by wild animals; Soozle's screen door all chewed up, Skit cowering under de sofa--damn, had something heelairyous to say and it's gone and gone on me. But What in Hell, indeed!!

My bold, weatherproof Miss Em has reportedly been laid up in front of the logburner all day whilst I was out fighting the elements, foraging gluten free sustenance for de family. Well, really pholks, it's not as bad as I make out. Just bad for us, that's all. You Canadians, Em, would probably be out sunbathing (or at least getting windburn). So far as I know at our house the temp. has not even dropped below freezing yet (but it hasn't been much above either, so it really doesn't matter). It's the windchill that gets yer. The Met Service said we needed eight layers of clothing to be comfortable outside today. But what about de nose? and der hands? and eight pairs of socks? I don't think so. Wish I still had my fur-lined boots from Germany. Man, now that was cold. Two months when the temp. never rose above zero and most of the time it was around 30 below. I thought I was in Alaska, though even there it probably doesn't get that cold.....well, maybe it does! I have watched the Iditarod. Crazy peeples and poor doggies. :( Mush, mush!

Night sillies, or g'mornin'.

This post has been edited to remove excessive number of emoticons exceeding the arbitrarily imposed allowable limit, thereby rendering some of it gibberish, some of which probably was anyways.

flourgirl Apprentice

goo mornmnmnmble! Been up for an hour and still feel blech. Am on new meds...Lyrica....and it is kicking my a$$ all over the place. Feel dredged drugged, but at least I am sleeping. Not sure that drugged sleep is a good thing....but better than no sleep! <:lop-sidedsmileface:>.

Kurly Leez-ah! Pnew-moana! No wonder you have not been pheeling like yourselph! Please, please kick this out of your body asap! I'm sure being over tired and dealing with so much stress has opened the door for this to come in....show it the door to get the heck back out! You and yours are still in my prayers. Huggg!

Hey Juuude! Hope your sale is a major success and all of your junk is gone! At the end, whatever is left....try leaving it by the road wif a "free" sign. Bet it gets gone!

Sha-roomie......all yer talk of cold arc-tik ffreezy wind gives me goose bumps. I hate cold. Is why I moved 8 hours south of home....trying to out-run the winter weather. It's much milder here, and very little snow, but we do get some winter. Would like to be rid of it all together! Like Pah=tay!

Shiny day everybody!

elye Community Regular

Good Morning, All!

Leeeesargh! Shiyte, you do NOT need pneumonia . .......this sucks. I am thinking of you, as I have been for months, now. . .. :wub:

Seems my dad has pneumonia, as well. :( No surprise.... . .. .you wanna get an infection of any significance, arrange a stay in any hospital. So he's now on yet another antibiotic, and having some real trouble making people larf. . . ....

A big wild cat in Soooozle's house?? Gah. . . ..... .and makin' his own cat door, to boot. . . . . ......

You betcha; everywheres you go there's a sleazy, the whole world is overloaded with them, little weasley mens leering everywhere they's not supposed to :rolleyes:

Um. . .. . . .....well. . . .......perhaps in New Zealand. . . . ......

:lol::P

This post has been edited to remove excessive number of emoticons exceeding the arbitrarily imposed allowable limit, thereby rendering some of it gibberish, some of which probably was anyways.

:lol::lol: Excellent disclaimer, Shroomie. .. . ....

Jestgar Rising Star

'mornin'

My roomie's back. Doesn't merit a 'poopy cow', but at least a mildly constipated calf. I really liked having my house to myself. Ah well. At least the lawn will get mowed.

Sposed to be a beautious day. Gonna put the wee chickies outside for the day. I think they'll be fine. I'll put the cat carrier in the pen so they can always huddle inside it in their cardboard box. The little white one is starting to get her grownup voice. It's a lot like puberty....peep peeep peeep cluuuck peeep. And I've realized that Lefty sounds a lot like a chicken when he talks so he must like sitting by their coop, not because he thinks it's a treat from KFC, but because he finally feels like he's found his peeps.

elye Community Regular
And I've realized that Lefty sounds a lot like a chicken when he talks so he must like sitting by their coop, not because he thinks it's a treat from KFC, but because he finally feels like he's found his peeps.

:lol::lol: Mygawd, they are probably having long conversations!!

"So. . ..... .. I guess you've heard that you're gonna be laying eggs for her".

"OH!! Tremendous news! We are not being fattened up for several dinners. Are you quite certain of that? And anyways...are you tricking us? Is this a ruse? You are a CAT, after all, and we are never to trust your kind"... .....

"Hey, it's cool. .... . ..she may cook you up when she's tired of the project, but for now, just keeps eggs comin' - -you should be good". . . ...

DingoGirl Enthusiast
If I had my way we would be outta here tomorra, brrr. Bl**dy Antarctic express roaring through here for days now, running way ahead of the timetable, which calls for July/August :angry: But we leaves June 8; anuvver two weeks of this stuff?? :(

Shroomie!!!!!!!! so cooooooooooooooold down there!!!! ya gots to GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!

love the emotibusted disclaimer :lol:

goo mornmnmnmble! Been up for an hour and still feel blech. Am on new meds...Lyrica....and it is kicking my a$$ all over the place. Feel dredged drugged, but at least I am sleeping. Not sure that drugged sleep is a good thing....but better than no sleep! <:lop-sidedsmileface:>.

aw Tea. Will this improve? the sluggishness? hate that feeling......

Leeeesargh! Shiyte, you do NOT need pneumonia . .......this sucks. I am thinking of you, as I have been for months, now. . ..

Seems my dad has pneumonia, as well. :( No surprise.... . .. .you wanna get an infection of any significance, arrange a stay in any hospital. So he's now on yet another antibiotic, and having some real trouble making people larf. . . ....

your dad has pneumonia too? :( oh boo, Emmel.....hope he gets better soon.......

And I've realized that Lefty sounds a lot like a chicken when he talks so he must like sitting by their coop, not because he thinks it's a treat from KFC, but because he finally feels like he's found his peeps.

gahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: x 25

Lefy's found his peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um...........OMG......................... :blink:

none a youse seemed too concerned that an evil, feral, DEVIL CAT came into my house to try and KILL my Skitt-el :o:lol:

I mean - what in hell?????????? was this evil cat STALKING my kitteh???????? WHY did he come in?????

Skittle can NOT stop playing with the chewed hole in the screen, and going in and out at whim <_< I've had to close the door on this nice spring morning. :angry:

something else happened too, but I'm too embarrassed to tell you guys.:ph34r:

flourgirl Apprentice

Psuess....was this stray devil cat perhaps a small Mexican Gardener Cat? :lol: They are not content to just stalk...like other mexican gardeners.....they are immoral enough to go after their prey :lol: ! Just kidding, really. I don't know why a stray would claim your house as territory and fight for it. Maybe it's an old pal from your Kit's old "hood". (He wasn't wearing "colors" was he?).

Schrooooom! I didn't say so, but I loved your disclaimer.

Em-n-Em.....poor Dad. Enough is enough already! You're right about going into the hospital and catching other diseases. Seems to be the same everywhere. If you want to stay healthy..avoid the hospital at all costs!

Wonderful day here today. Worked at home all morning. I AM going to take some time to just sit and relax with the birdies, the fishes, the FROG and a couple of toads I found. I think a good book is in order!

Archived