This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

Wow, what a beautious Sunday we have shaping up here......simply divine.

Hey! Tomorrow is Nik's birthday, and TODAY is QUEEN VICTORIA'S. What does this mean, anyways?? Vicky would be 190, and Nikerler turns forty. ......

150 years separate them . . .. ....

:huh:

It must mean something!! :lol:

What a weird party, Sooooze. .......simply something to merit the end of a chapter in your book, methinks.. . ..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast
Wow, what a beautious Sunday we have shaping up here......simply divine.

Hey! Tomorrow is Nik's birthday, and TODAY is QUEEN VICTORIA'S. What does this mean, anyways?? Vicky would be 190, and Nikerler turns forty. ......

I am the queen .....re invented, maybe a bit lighter;):lol:

T'is a 'bank holiday' tomorrow (JUST FOR ME???....absolutely NO need as I don't work :lol: )

HOTTEST day of the year so far.....must get out there!!!! (don't LAUGH at 25c/78f!!! :lol: .....got me shorts on AND am scaring the horses)

......done me double Sven...beating back the middle aged spread :rolleyes:

SOOzles social WHIRL!!! (weird, very de-hydrating, BUT at least she went OUT which is more than I did!!)

Back later SCILLIES!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Happy Sunday sillies B)

What an odd par-thay, Suz. Really odd that you never knew what charity it was fer :lol: The music did sound nice, though :D

How's SkitCat? I trust everything is back to normal and the wild one has not returned.

Hi Em!! :D I definately agree that there's sumphin to this Vic-Nic birfday coinkydink. But what????? :huh:

Hope ya'll have a great day--we're back out house-huntin'.....my apartment is nice but there's no place for anyone to come visit so we gotta do sumphin. I don't like not havin' rooms fer me boys. :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient
HOTTEST day of the year so far.....must get out there!!!! (don't LAUGH at 25c/78f!!! :lol:

I'm laughing :lol: :lol:

78 sounds delightphul--it's so phunny (to me, doesn't take much...) that you're up and about....Svenning, as it were, and I'm still in bed. :lol:

Enjoy the nice day--it's yer birfday weekend!!!!!!!! :D

psawyer Proficient

Good afternoon from warm, sunny Markham.

elye Community Regular
Good afternoon from warm, sunny Markham.

Good afternoon ta you, POeter, from really warm, blazingly sunny Ottawa. . ..... :)B)

Got the ho'tub temp turned down to 90, and it feels nice - -not too warm, surprisingly. How hot is it in Tex-ASS today, Pahtee?

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Pseuzzle!

Why don't you just get one a them storm doors that has glass that slides up n down? You can leave the glass down the bottom and yer KitKat's safe and you still get breezes.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast

GOOD SUNDAY AFT, SCILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

and a happy Memorial Day weekend to all of youse, and very nice to hear that you seem to all be having nice wevvah.

("bank holiday" here also, Nik, only we don't call them that in the US)

'ptis a superb sprign day here, I am overjoyed and heading out to do some planting. :)

What a weird party, Sooooze. .......simply something to merit the end of a chapter in your book, methinks.. . ..

well, we figgered out that the fundraising was for that strange, abandoned part of the property we were on. :blink:

what-ever. Can't the country club members afford to do summat with that property? <_< I think they have plenty of money, or at least act like they do. (very good thing I got in free as would not have been pleased to pay that money - well, would NOT pay that money, let's face it :lol: - and have that meagRE food and drink spread)

How's SkitCat? I trust everything is back to normal and the wild one has not returned.

The wee Skit is just marvelous :wub: I don't know if Devil Cat has returned - I am SURE that he wants my baby boy, though. Who wouldn't? :)

I am pleased to hear you're house-hunting, Padtea........the building of the new home takes SO SO long - always at least twice as long as they tell you, methinks......then your boys can come visit soon!!!!

HOTTEST day of the year so far.....must get out there!!!! (don't LAUGH at 25c/78f!!! .....got me shorts on AND am scaring the horses)

......done me double Sven...beating back the middle aged spread

NIK"S LAST DAY OF THE THIRTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

well have a grand time, Lady......wish we could all celebrate with you. I'll be raising a toast of summat in yer honoUr tomorrow. ;)

Pseuzzle!

Why don't you just get one a them storm doors that has glass that slides up n down? You can leave the glass down the bottom and yer KitKat's safe and you still get breezes.

Hi Bunnie!

Well, I can't do this door thing without major construction work. :( it's a sliding glass door.....I don't think this will work? plus, it requires money. :lol: so no, won't work.

I will figure something out - baby gate with a cardboard panel or whatever - that I can keep outside in the cooler months.......

must head outside!!!!!!!

later, sills!

:)

jerseyangel Proficient
How hot is it in Tex-ASS today, Pahtee?

We just got in--the weather here is nutso. Doesn't know whether to rain or be sunny....a skitzoid combo of both today. At least it's not too hot--78.

mimommy Contributor

Wow, this is quietest I've ever seen it here?!

Must be nice weather and a holiday weekend.

Nik, a holiday just por vous!! :P

Sounds like everyone had very nice weather--yeah! We did, too. Couldn't ask for better, but I do have to work tomorrow--earlier than normal <_<

Suze's party was an almost bust? Too bad Suze, sorry it wasn't great. May all your charitable hoedowns be grand affairs.

Patty, glad the weather is closer to normal for y'all.

Uh, Judy???? Has anybody seen poor Judy lately? I'm askeert she hasn't been out of the dungeon in a while.

Emily, hope your dad is feeling better.

Neroli--get your butt contiguous, lady! :lol:

Jess, how's motherhood treating you? Have they asked to borrow the car yet? Careful--they might cluck it up. I always heard chicks can't drive :lol:

Gotta go to sleep. My contacts are so dry they are self ejecting.

:):):) -----***********NIK IS 40 TOMORROW***********----- :):):)

mushroom Proficient

Neroli--get your butt contiguous, lady! laugh.gif

MiMommyMajesty demanded I report for duty, so here I is, ma'am, anigh, anear, fast by, vicinal, nearabouts--whoops, we won't go there--Sorry I was unavailable to assist you in your boudoir with your ablutions and toilet(te), ma'am. I is abjectly apologetic and it shall ne'er happen again, ma'am, I promise.

I were not here because I thought I were off duty since no one were in the palace today. But now that your majesty has once more ascended her throne, and all her courtesans have returned, here I is, at your service.

OMG - this Devil Cat - - we have feral cats all over the US :( they're domesticated, regular cats, but just homeless, roaming the streets.

Well, they might be in your neigbourhood. But last August I saw this big p%$#@#cat wandering through the trees around our condo and I said, Man, this is one big cat and then I saw the little bob on the end of his tail and called Dh over to look at the bobcat (my firstsecond sighting evah, but the first one didn't count because it was the other side of the lake we were on). I hae no seen no bears, but we have bear-proof dumpsters and warnings not to feed da bears. We have had bears roaming through the Village occasionally--adds a bit of excitement to a walk to the movies.

Pubescant Peepers

Training to be adult peepers?? Spooky!!

:ph34r:

Sooo sorry about your father, Emily. Geez, can't the guy get some rest already???

You are right--no place like a hospital to make you sick :(

Gawd, yes, avoid those places if you can :( Hope you get him home soon Emily. He has such a good spirit.

. .....Shroomie, how old are you?

Way too old to be on de Book. Wouldn't want to scare the peeps away. "Bring my cane dear, that's a good girl""

**snicker**

You never know in Kali ;)

Ah, you non-Kali peeples gotta learn to lay back and groove a little. Fortunately, in Nevada they's used to Kali's, but boy, when I went to small-town Minnesota in the 70[s, gasp, gasp -- dry-- fish outta water. What a freak I felt. And driving a Volvo!!! Heresy! I used to see the lace curtains move ever so slightly when I entered the house :lol: :lol: Could almost hear them clucking :lol: Apologies to all good Minnesotans; when I went back to Minneapolis many years later for the World Figure Skating Champs it was a bustling urban metropolis and I had a grand time.

well, I'm back from my party, pholks.

'twas quite a strange party and don't make no sense

We got there at 4:40 - no food or drink ANYWHERE except beer for 90 minutes

nothin. And, it was NOT in the posh country club itself.......um...........it was on this strange outcropping? I dunno what in hell else to call it - amidst the trees, mud, and piles of DIRT, about a mile or two away from any sort of posh-ness or real bathrooms. :unsure:

There was no food, no music, no beverage I could drink for TWO SOLID HOURS (we got there on time, 'twere a mistake).

Strange, strange party. We couldn't quite assimilate all of it. :lol:

Now even for Kali, that is too weird!! :unsure: Rule No.1 on invitations to unknown places--nevah! arrive on time.

T'is a 'bank holiday' tomorrow (JUST FOR ME???....absolutely NO need as I don't work :lol: )\

Well, they calls them bank holidays, (and I thinks they were invented before you was born, Nik) but I calls them f**k the tourists days. Got caught all unsuspecting on August bank holiday in the WhyWye Valley with no ressies and spent the whole afternoon, instead of enjoying ourselves, trying to find some place, any place 'cept a park bench, to lay our weary heads. Finally a pub owner whose daughter had gone to London for the weekend rented out her room to us; wonder if they told her?? :lol: Super nice peeples!

Hope you had a fantabulous birfday, Nik, and recover soon.

We celebrate Mimommy's birfday next weekend, for some unknown reason. Still pay nominal allegiance to the crown though there is rumblin's 'bout it, something about a republic or some such thing which those with the terribly British ancestry could not possibly condone. Ah well, maybe they will finally let us have referendums on such things and find out what the peeples really think. Could go either way. The empire slowly crumbles. What a mess they made of CeylonSri Lanka, not to mention Rhodesia Zimbabwe--whoops, too political, sorry moderators, won't do it again :P:(

Glad to say the Antarctic express has pulled in to the station for an overhaul, and has allowed the peeples to alight and resume their normal lives without mufflers and phake phur nickers and whatnot... Don't miss those whatnots at all! :lol:

curlyfries Contributor

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

HAPPY BIRFDAY NIKERLER!!!!!

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

curlyfries Contributor

Still have a low-grade fever.........still coughing

Must make a confession, though.......

Saturday I went to a cookout, and yesterday DD and I went wedding dress shopping :ph34r:

I know.......but I've actually been feeling pretty good. :)

I promise to do nuthin all day today.........well, 'cept maybe some laundry :P

nikki-uk Enthusiast

:D

This is SPECTACULAR!!!!!, thanks Leese ♥ ♥ ♥...but WHAT ungodly hour is it in Indy...and I'm NOT happy you're doing STUFF!!!!! <_<

Didn't get up 'til 11.30am (HA! lazy phat slug! :lol: )...... got some lovely gifts (perfume, a 'Pineapple' t-shirt for Svenning, A DOZEN RED ROSES, money

curlyfries Contributor
This is SPECTACULAR!!!!!, thanks Leese ♥ ♥ ♥...but WHAT ungodly hour is it in Indy...and I'm NOT happy you're doing STUFF!!!!! <_<

Didn't get up 'til 11.30am (HA! lazy phat slug! :lol: )...... got some lovely gifts (perfume, a 'Pineapple' t-shirt for Svenning, A DOZEN RED ROSES, money

elye Community Regular

I canna follow Leeesargh's stupendous graphic wif anything remotely as wonderful, and quoting it seems like I'm cheatin' . . ......hmmmmm. .....

.. . . . .... . ....... . :D:D:D:D:D . . . . . . . . .......

UNGILL EL CHERELLUM, NIKERLER!!!!!

.. .... . .... ... .. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: . . . . . . .. . .......

....'Tis Bangledeshi. . . . ....... . . ...

:huh::lol:

mimommy Contributor

Happy Birthday, Nikki :D

Lisa, that was excellent!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

jerseyangel Proficient

HAPPY HAPPY BIRFDAY NIK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Have a wonderphully perfectly phab day!!! :D

jerseyangel Proficient
Still have a low-grade fever.........still coughing

Must make a confession, though.......

Saturday I went to a cookout, and yesterday DD and I went wedding dress shopping :ph34r:

Don't make me come up there.....

Get back into bed, young lady and git yer rest!!! ;):D

happygirl Collaborator

Nikki, Happy Birthday to you, across the pond! xoxoxo

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Happy Birthday Nikki

You deserve a great one.

Judy

Jestgar Rising Star

Happy Birthday NIK!!!!

Completely spoonless day yesterday. For no reason that I can come up with. Today should be better.

Chickies are doing well. They're outside with the little cat heating pad under their cat carrier. This morning they had managed to figure out how to get in their actual coop.

curlyfries Contributor
Leeeesargh! You sound good - - okay, just laundry today. Did you find a wedding dress?

Sure did! :D Gorgeous beading and long train.......$600 dress for $300!

Don't make me come up there.....

Get back into bed, young lady and git yer rest!!! ;):D

I did go back to bed......just woke up. Temp is now normal and coughing is much easier B)

psawyer Proficient

Ah, I lack the visual elegance of Lisa and Em, but,

Happy Birthday, Nikki!

Jestgar Rising Star

amazing drummer

Archived