This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

mushroom Proficient
:(

Ok, Salad Cream.....really don't know how to describe it....just nice on cold new potatoes (NOT as creamy as mayo :blink: )

Open Original Shared Link

Oh, that's so much bettah than what I imagined ;) I thought it might be something like my mother used to make (which she called "mayonnaise" but which akshually turned out to be sweetened condensed milk and vinegar (malt); the heynossity of it all. Once when I was home for Christmas I decided to go to the store and buy some real mayonnaise, and guess what? It was the same icky stuff! :lol: Salad was always iceberg lettuce sliced very thinly (ya got brownie points for thinness :lol: ) with tomoatoes and "mayonnaise " and hot or cold boiled potatoes (and ham, Nik, and occasionally beetroot) which is what made me think of it. :lol: Since the dawning of the age of international air travel the food has improved A LOT :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular
Open Original Shared Link

Why don't WE have this stuff? 'Tis not a Commonwealth thing, is it? Looks phab.... ..

Farrah. :(:(

She seemed to be such a genuinely sweet, kind woman. And beautiful!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Farrah. :(:(

She seemed to be such a genuinely sweet, kind woman. And beautiful!

...and who didn't want her hair when she was in Charlie's Angels :)

elye Community Regular

Update, guys!

My dad made it through the second surgery. He is now in the ICU section of Recovery. The surgeon phoned my mom and told her that he got the two big stones out that he was concerned about.

So! We wait again. ... . . . . ....but he made it.

:):):)

Jestgar Rising Star

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi Sills, just a poop in from me.

How is everybody?

I have some good news to report, Arnie has really made a lot of improvements with his separation anxiety/bonding issues. He does have a ways to go, but there has been progress :)

I LOVED Charlie's Angels :lol:

Very sad news about Farrah :(:(:(

Green12 Enthusiast
Update, guys!

My dad made it through the second surgery. He is now in the ICU section of Recovery. The surgeon phoned my mom and told her that he got the two big stones out that he was concerned about.

Just saw this Em, I pooped in at just the right time!!!!!

This is wonderful news :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

Hi, Jooooooles!! Great to read you .. .. ..!! Hope everything is okay.... . :wub::wub::wub:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Good News Em . . . we'll wait wif you . . . :)

Hi Joohleigh . . . good to see you . . . and a woof to Arnie.

Mtndog Collaborator
Update, guys!

Pooping in too..............Em- that is GREAT news! I shall keep all of you in my thoughts :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Julie :D Good news on Arnie too!

Congrats to Queen Jessamanda :)

I am back from Plum Island- should have stayed another week. Even in the rain it twas beautiful!

Think of you all often......am keeping up via gmail but in the words of David Lee Roth " I ain't got nobody no psilly". Too much going on but the general gist is nerve pain in the legs, medication changes up the wazoo.

Good and bad news- I don't have Addison's! :D But I have to have a TVU (no- not Tuvan throat singing lessons- a va-jay-jay ultrasound). Will wear sparkles and perhaps jewels!

jerseyangel Proficient
Update, guys!

Oh Em, thank goodness! Yes, we will wait right along wif you :) Hug ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

Ain't that the troof! B)

I have some good news to report, Arnie has really made a lot of improvements with his separation anxiety/bonding issues. He does have a ways to go, but there has been progress :)

Such good news about wee Arnie :wub: Really good to see you, Julie :D

Pooping in too..............

Hallo Bev!!!! :D

:lol: a jeweled va-jay-jay :lol: That outta set 'em on their ear :lol:

elye Community Regular
Good and bad news- I don't have Addison's! :D But I have to have a TVU (no- not Tuvan throat singing lessons- a va-jay-jay ultrasound). Will wear sparkles and perhaps jewels!

Yay, Bevel! No Addisons'. ....!! :):)

Dear gawd.....a trans-vaginal ultrasound.. . . .something that, no surprise, has been discussed at some length, here.

Microphone, please!

<_<:rolleyes:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Will wear sparkles and perhaps jewels!

I double dog dare ya', Bev!!!!!

Jestgar Rising Star
I double dog dare ya', Bev!!!!!

Me too!

jerseyangel Proficient

Microphones.....sparkles.......jewels---are we talkin bout a medical procedure or a cabaret act???? :lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Guys Michael Jackson died today too......

my coworker said there would be a 3rd since things happen in 3's....

Ed McMahon

Farah

now Michael Jackson....

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm watching CNN right now--I can't believe it. He was taken to the hospital just a little while ago with heart failure and went into a coma.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Me too!

Y'know, I've had one of those, and I thought it was fascinating, didn't find it uncomfortable at all. But then, I felt the same way about my colon/endoscopy, my cyst surgery, every GYN exam I've ever had, I even try to horn in ony my bf's doctor visits, I like medical stuff! Obviously, I'm twisted and my opinion should be ignored....

Dude, Michael Jackson died today, too.

Who's next?

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

He was young too

elye Community Regular

Wow.

:(:o:(

elye Community Regular

OMG.. . . . . .. :lol::lol: Perfect timing....a phonecall to bring me outta this sad time.

My mom is currently sitting with my dad in the ICU, and just rushed to the phone to call me after the first exchanges with him.

About an hour ago, he seemed to awaken briefly. His eyes fluttered open, and he looked briefly at my mom. He mumbled something, and then said, more clearly, "you're beautiful". Mom's heart swelled, and she apparently took his hand.

Nothing for an hour or so, and then his eyes suddenly fluttered again. Once more his eyes found Mom's face, and he whispered, "you are nice".

Mom's brow furrowed and, half smiling, she asked, "Hey..... . . . .what happened to beautiful?"

Silence. Then Dad quietly replied, "the anaesthetic is wearing off".

:lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
My mom is currently sitting with my dad in the ICU, and just rushed to the phone to call me after the first exchanges with him.

About an hour ago, he seemed to awaken briefly. His eyes fluttered open, and he looked briefly at my mom. He mumbled something, and then said, more clearly, "you're beautiful". Mom's heart swelled, and she apparently took his hand.

Nothing for an hour or so, and then his eyes suddenly fluttered again. Once more his eyes found Mom's face, and he whispered, "you are nice".

Mom's brow furrowed and, half smiling, she asked, "Hey..... . . . .what happened to beautiful?"

YaY!!

I hope he recovers quickly, Em.

jerseyangel Proficient

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I love it!!!!!! Yer dad is back!! Such wonderful news! :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast
<Ma'am, I'd advise you to get that purple robe dry cleaned >

More glorious sunnyness here in Blighty .....settling down to watch some Wimbledon for a bit, no kids 'til 6.30pm (woohoo!)

:lol: Yes, DO get the robe cleaned

and we should ALL be askeert of the Geordie Lass driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Nikkers DOZ look gorjuss in her av. And also, Em, LOVE yer av :wub:

and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that yer dad has got his humoUr back!!!!!!!

<bubble wrap the car> *snigger*

Hadda quote this.....Shroomie, you is phunny. . . ... .!

There was a time, a thousand and some pages ago, when a thin skin or two infiltrated . . ....... . ...due warnings were issued and life quickly returned to ribald psilliness and debauchery.

There would seem to be little or no way of stopping our lunacy, ultimately. . . .......

no stopping it, clearly :lawl:

what in HELL is Salad Cream? looks like Salad Dressing to me? :unsure:

we ALL did. And it was REAL!!!!!!!! all her parts were REAL back then! what a gorgeous gal. So sad.

YAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) x 50

Good and bad news- I don't have Addison's! But I have to have a TVU (no- not Tuvan throat singing lessons- a va-jay-jay ultrasound). Will wear sparkles and perhaps jewels!

v. good news!!!!!!!! Yes, gitcherself all sparkled up adn bejewelled for the singing ultrasound/cabaret act *snort Paddeigh* :lol:

:wub::lol: LOVED THIS!!!!!!

OMG SILLS I started posting about........two hours ago? then got distracted

:blink:

don't know WIH happened.....

how is the kitchen demolition going?

and Smackl's hair???????

and.......Shroomie's lakeside sojourns?

and........and.......

WHERE'S LEESARGH?????????????

forgot every single other thing.

OH!!!!!!! a JOOLS poop-in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

more later

Archived