This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Morning peeps :)

Woke up to the news about Michael Jackson... :( .....not exactly shocked as I didn't think he looked particularly hail or hearty

Alsey back from Paris last night - he had a FANTABULOUS time!!!...they saw all the sights AND squeezed in a trip to Euro Disney!! :D

Anyhoo, washing machine on a double shift now <_<

I have some good news to report, Arnie has really made a lot of improvements with his separation anxiety/bonding issues. He does have a ways to go, but there has been progress :)

JOOLZ!!!! :wub:

The A dog dealing wiv his ish-ewes!!! :D

But I have to have a TVU (no- not Tuvan throat singing lessons- a va-jay-jay ultrasound). Will wear sparkles and perhaps jewels!

NO perhaps about it Bevel - you simply MUST!!!!!!!!! (A gal has to look her best! ;) )

OMG.. . . . . .. :lol::lol: Perfect timing....a phonecall to bring me outta this sad time.

My mom is currently sitting with my dad in the ICU, and just rushed to the phone to call me after the first exchanges with him.

About an hour ago, he seemed to awaken briefly. His eyes fluttered open, and he looked briefly at my mom. He mumbled something, and then said, more clearly, "you're beautiful". Mom's heart swelled, and she apparently took his hand.

Nothing for an hour or so, and then his eyes suddenly fluttered again. Once more his eyes found Mom's face, and he whispered, "you are nice".

Mom's brow furrowed and, half smiling, she asked, "Hey..... . . . .what happened to beautiful?"

Silence. Then Dad quietly replied, "the anaesthetic is wearing off".

:lol:

Now this warms the cockles of me 'eart

Les back on FORM!!! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Good Morning, Psilly Peeps!

<bubble wrap the car> *snigger*

Dear gawd .. . . . . . ....the neighboUrs and their vehicles, our garage door, everything in said garage, pedestrians.... .... ..crap, there just ain't enough bubble-wrap in the world. . .. . ...

:huh::lol:

no stopping it, clearly :lawl:

Hanh? What is this funny thing? What does lawl mean? It sounds terrific. Laughing at Whatever's Laughable? Laughter All Week Long? Or just a little, lazy, half-yawn, half-laugh.... . a small giggle... .. .....like something is mildly amusing, and a polite acknowledgment is called for.... . ... . ...Laaaaawwwwl..... . ...

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Morning Sillies

Yea its the weekend! I am def getting home to see the family tomorrow. Nice weather, swimming weather! Plus my mom is watching the grandbabies so I get to see the new baby and Silvia. I cannot wait!

Still in shock over Michael- Farah we all knew was fading fast--but I must agree with Nik- Michael has not looked well- but I often wonder if the early death was caused by all he put his body through....

jerseyangel Proficient
Hanh? What is this funny thing? What does lawl mean?

I wondered this very fing..... :huh:

Mornin, sillies B)

Nik and Amanda--I agree wif youse about M. Jackson. So frail and always doing strange things to keep himself "healthy".

We hit 104 yesterday--an all time record fer the area. I stayed inside wif the air conditioner all day..... ;)

Phriday already...this week went by phast :o

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
OMG.. . . . . .. :lol::lol: Perfect timing....a phonecall to bring me outta this sad time.

Mom's brow furrowed and, half smiling, she asked, "Hey..... . . . .what happened to beautiful?"

Em so happy Dad is on the upswing.......and loved his humore.

Good luck amanda.

must find and read you blog.

have to go was bedspread as the cat shared his dinner with us ALL OVER THE CONFORTER.

:blink:

mORNING ALL THE REST OF MY DEAR SILLIES.

jerseyangel Proficient
the cat shared his dinner with us ALL OVER THE CONFORTER.

E-w-w-w :o

Green12 Enthusiast

Happy Fri Sills :D

So very.....strange :huh:....that MJ died yesterday too. 2 major icons in one day

I am back from Plum Island- should have stayed another week. Even in the rain it twas beautiful!

Think of you all often......am keeping up via gmail but in the words of David Lee Roth " I ain't got nobody no psilly". Too much going on but the general gist is nerve pain in the legs, medication changes up the wazoo.

Good and bad news- I don't have Addison's! :D But I have to have a TVU (no- not Tuvan throat singing lessons- a va-jay-jay ultrasound). Will wear sparkles and perhaps jewels!

Welcome back Bev, I think of you often too. So glad the Addison's results came back negative!!!

Definitely go in style to your TVU.....get out the Bedazzler and jewel-ify yer va-jay-jay!!!

My mom is currently sitting with my dad in the ICU, and just rushed to the phone to call me after the first exchanges with him.

About an hour ago, he seemed to awaken briefly. His eyes fluttered open, and he looked briefly at my mom. He mumbled something, and then said, more clearly, "you're beautiful". Mom's heart swelled, and she apparently took his hand.

Nothing for an hour or so, and then his eyes suddenly fluttered again. Once more his eyes found Mom's face, and he whispered, "you are nice".

:lol::lol::lol:

Em, this is wonderful to hear that your dad has his humoUr back!!

Hope he has a speedy recovery :wub:

OMG SILLS I started posting about........two hours ago? then got distracted

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuze, so wackl :lol::lol:

Alsey back from Paris last night - he had a FANTABULOUS time!!!...they saw all the sights AND squeezed in a trip to Euro Disney!! :D

Alsy is back from Par-is....oui OUI!!! (and Nik Nik is knee deep in laundry)

So happy to hear he had such a fab time ...AND Euro Disney, lucky him :D

Yea its the weekend! I am def getting home to see the family tomorrow. Nice weather, swimming weather! Plus my mom is watching the grandbabies so I get to see the new baby and Silvia. I cannot wait!

Hi Amanda! Have a good weekend and visit with your family :D

We hit 104 yesterday--an all time record fer the area. I stayed inside wif the air conditioner all day..... ;)

Phriday already...this week went by phast :o

This week sure did go by fast...

Yikes Patti, that is HOT :sweatymeltyface:

Our weather sure has been strange, lots of afternoon storms, tornadoes, rain, hail. ..and now the heat has arrived.

mORNING ALL THE REST OF MY DEAR SILLIES.

Morning to you too Judy Jude, how are you lady?

Hi Bunnie!

Janet, how is Smackl's new hair do???????

Pondering possible meaning of :lawl: ........

Laughing out loud with a southern drawl?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Janet, how is Smackl's new hair do???????

Not good . . . apparently, Susie's old stylist has relocated here. She started off hardly taking anything off . . . I was a bit annoyed but didn't say anything. Then she started to really wack some pieces off. I think she was trying to get it to lay right . . . I don't know . . . but I think she decided she would have to take it REALLY short to get it to do what she wanted . . . so then she just stopped . . . it looks horrible, but it's the middle of summer and he could care less. His hair and fingernails grow obscenely fast so it won't take long to get back to where it was. I do need to find somebody (and then stick with them) that has the ability to cut thick curly boy hair.

:lol::lol:

You're Right!!!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I do need to find somebody (and then stick with them) that has the ability to cut thick curly boy hair.

Janet, Janet, fly ME over.... I have 3 boys wiv thick curly hair whose hair I cut :rolleyes:

:lawl:

How was that??? ....I'm perfecting ma southern draaaaaawl :lol:

elye Community Regular
Not good . . . apparently, Susie's old stylist has relocated here.

OMG. . . ..Smackl's got a big, orange curly triangle on 'is 'ed??

:lawl:

How was that??? ....I'm perfecting ma southern draaaaaawl :lol:

:lol: Yup....a relaxed, Southern-type yawny laugh-out-loud.

I am dying to know what Sooooozle meant by this emoticode..... . .. .a dog's tongue is said to be lolling when it is hanging out of its mouth while it pants.

Could this be it? Used to signify a moment when one's tongue is hanging out? When one is panting? Laaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwllllllllll. . . . .....

curlyfries Contributor

Speaking of hair............I have an appointment on Mon. to get me hair done.......curlyfries once more!!!! Then on Tues I get me teeth cleaned......original app't was canceled when we were in Houston. So I'll have purty hair (I hope) and purty teef! :D Then in two weeks I have my annual Gyno app't. Next will be new glasses. By the time I'm done, I'll have a total overhaul!!! :lol:

elye Community Regular
:D Then in two weeks I have my annual Gyno app't.

Whoa! New hair, new teef, new glasses. .. .. . . ......and a pap smear!

:huh::lol:

Leeeeesargh! Great to read you! We have missed you...... . ! :wub:

jerseyangel Proficient
Speaking of hair............I have an appointment on Mon. to get me hair done.......curlyfries once more!!!! Then on Tues I get me teeth cleaned......original app't was canceled when we were in Houston. So I'll have purty hair (I hope) and purty teef! :D Then in two weeks I have my annual Gyno app't. Next will be new glasses. By the time I'm done, I'll have a total overhaul!!! :lol:

:D Leisuzza--yer putting the curly back in curlyfries!! :lol:

I had me gyno visit a few weeks ago--had put it off till we got down here.....the ole mam and pap :lol: One of Em's classics :P

We have missed you...... . ! :wub:

We sure have :D

Jestgar Rising Star

Haven't posted in eons, but have downed my third cup of wine, so feeling capable. Unbelievably long week. No word on the job. Lots of stuff at my real job, including being in charge of our newest person, without really being in charge.

Roomie is pounding away in my kitchen. oh crap, and i haven't fed the chickens. Back in a bit

mimommy Contributor

Hey all--I've returned from the forumless powerless abyss of yesterdays storm. A big whopper blew through here yesterday afternoon and poured down 4-5 inches of rain in twenty minutes with 70 mile an hour winds that destroyed trees and property all over the place and flooded the roads. Gads, what a mess!!! I lost all of my food--my whole freezer full of gluten-free stuff for my daughter:( Scott was up all night bailing out the sump pump, and it was hot and humid and miserable. Power came back on this early evening, so I headed out to forage for food but it never occurred to me the grocery store lost all of their food too :blink:

Emily--great news about your father :)

Bev, TVU is not fun imo. It gave me a yeast infection, too :angry: But, it doesn't hurt or anything like that, just not comfortable.

Jestgar Rising Star
Bev, TVU is not fun imo. It gave me a yeast infection, too :angry: But, it doesn't hurt or anything like that, just not comfortable.

In all senses of the word.

Sorry about Tay's food :(:angry: Stupid storms.

jerseyangel Proficient
Haven't posted in eons, but have downed my third cup of wine, so feeling capable.

I know--I've missed you :( But know you have lot of stuff going on. Keep yer chin up, sweetie :)

Hey all--I've returned from the forumless powerless abyss of yesterdays storm.

Ugh--sorry bout the storm and the mess that followed :angry: Losing all that food sucks! Glad yer back, though :D

mimommy Contributor

The storm wasn't the worst I've ever seen, but it was RELENTLESS. The rain just kept coming and coming. Then the wind--my God the trees were bending over, the tornado sirens went off, and there were weird groaning sounds coming from outside somewhere--I don't know if it was from the trees or the transformers. Then the power went out, and everybody came out to see the damage. I swear, 2 blocks south of me they lost 60-80 foot trees, but it doesn't look like they hit the houses. Driving through town was pretty rough.

Many years ago Scott and I had a tornado take out our neihborhood up in Washington Twsp, before we moved here. THAT was the scariest storm I've ever seen!

I think we might head back up to the cottage tomorrow. I can't buy food here and Hubs has Monday off. I'll have to see how much laundry I can get done in the morning.

psawyer Proficient

Toronto had some very heavy rains yesterday around noon. I don't know how much came down, but it was flowing down the street in front of the shop inches deep. We are in an old, somewhat decrepit building. Our neighboUr, the owner of the patisserie (bakery) beside us, came in just after one o'clock and told me that he was getting water in his basement coming under the connecting door to our basement. We followed it back to the source, and no, there was no broken pipe, just water coming in through the seams in the cinder block wall from outside. Power was not disrupted. The landlord will fix the problem. When pigs have wings. :angry:

At the height of the downpour, a parking enforcement officer on a bicycle rode up in front of the store and wrote a ticket for a car in the no-parking zone, then rode away up the alley going north. He had no raincoat or umbrella, and must have been drenched to the skin. :unsure:

I am here by myself tonight and tomorrow. Jacquie has gone to a hen-party with a bunch of friends out of town. The cats are confused, because I have been feeding them and that is not what they expect. They seem to be eating, nonetheless.

mimommy Contributor
The cats are confused, because I have been feeding them and that is not what they expect. They seem to be eating, nonetheless.

Well, what exactly are you feeding them :huh::unsure:

I was wondering if you guys got any of the same storm system, or Theresa?

Jestgar Rising Star
there were weird groaning sounds coming from outside somewhere--I don't know if it was from the trees or the transformers.

or yer hubby :ph34r: :ph34r:

mimommy Contributor
or yer hubby :ph34r: :ph34r:

Come to think of it, he was pretty soaked when he came in, and there was that loud knocking that I mistook for hail hitting the siding :unsure::blink:

Seriously, poor guy had to set his cell phone to ring at 3 am to go down and scoop gallons of water out of the sump. It was filling at rate of 7 inches every fifteen minutes last night <askeert>

Jestgar Rising Star

Zoiks! Sounds ugly. Glad you've made it through to the other side.

psawyer Proficient
Well, what exactly are you feeding them :huh::unsure:

I was wondering if you guys got any of the same storm system, or Theresa?

I am following the plan as outlined by the boss. But the cats associate food with her.

I come in the front door around feeding time. They all ignore me. JACQUIE comes in the door--three cats rush to her, meowing and rubbing her legs, expecting food. Meh. I don't count. :(

Archived