This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star
Skeeter would absolutely NOT eat pizza before she went gluten-free . . . now it's one of her favourtie meals.

Funny how our bodies are smart than our brains. If only we were better listeners.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

Very true....

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I went and got a life, I sowwies......

We went to Maryland this past weekend, and had grand fun with friends. The weekend before that we went to the RI airshow. I'm on my way to a wake ( :( ) now.

On the cake subject: I have always enjoyed cake and pie equally, but only certain kinds of each. I generally prefer apple or pumpkin pie, peach a close second. But for cake, I never enjoyed the fluffy bland white/chocolate cake with way too much frosting very much. I like cakes like lemon poppyseed with glaze or gingerbread cake made with pudding mix and sourcream. Or once I made gluten-free pantry chocolate chip cake, made fresh strawberry compote and poured that over, and put Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream on top. That's good cake....

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Patti

Hope the pie was good and Mark had a nice Birthday.

Hope you said

:lol: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIM FOR ME?

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Evenin' sills from the Pit of the Summer Doldrums <_<

ahem: announcement:

Yes, I am in some bleak, hot, summer vortex, and am none too happy about it. :angry: also goign through some very strange things and.......not feeling so well and not in a good place :(

Alas, I must now make the request that none a youse post ANYTHING about this condition, or concern therein, publicly on my damned Facebook. 'tis not such a safe place any more, since scary people have come on <_< And I can't just go and post any old thing I want any more. There are a couple of peeps in particular that.......well, I really don't want them knowing any of my personal bidness. May delete them but....seems too drastic. So, just keepin' it benign there :huh:

There are still several pages that I missed while I was in Carmel (which was pure, total perfection adn bliss, BTW, 65 to 70 degrees every day - we were delirious with joy and able to sit OUTSIDE every single day)

I have never missed pages of the Psillie thread :( Even last summer - I think I always tried to reach and catch up, even though I did nae post...

LisaFries . . . just RSVP'd to Jen . . . we'll be heading to the picnic. Hope to see you there. Now I've gotta figure out what to bring. How many people are gonna bring one of the new Betty Crocker items??? I guess I won't bring anything like that.

*gasp*

:o

WHOT????? is there a Psilly Psummit Psummwhere?????? did I miss this news whilst I was away??? who is it? what's happening???????

<happy and jealous all at once>

Have a great trip Emily. When do you get back? We are leaving on Friday for our annual beach vacation wif friends from Cincinnati. However, this year we are going to Lake Michigan's "Beach" . . . yep, it's got a "Beach" . . . I'm using the quotes because I don't really know how good of a "Beach" it is. We'll have fun . . . always do . . . we know how to make our own alcoholic beverages fun.

this sounds phun!!!!!!!

Sheesh ......I was SO sure this stupid journey was over in '07, once the great days stretched to 3 or 4 months.

:( I hate so much when we feel better for so significantly long, and then fall into the pit again......it's so not fair. Hope your appt is quite good, my friend <hugs>

Tis late on Sunday. Tomorrow will be the ninth anniversary of my appointment with the doctor to get the results of my biopsy. Not a surprise, but it did finally confirm what had been making me so sick for so many years.

Things for celiacs today are so much easier than they were nine years ago. I wonder what things will be like in another nine years...

nine years!!!!! wow!!

Seems most of us are doing the same thing every few years.

:( I know. BLOODY HEINOUS

edit: It figures.........he's disappeared. Late nite psillies always seem to take off as soon as I get on.

hate when that happens, and I"m in California, so it usually does :lol:

quote-busted - part deux coming up

DingoGirl Enthusiast
We're in Edmonton, lying around as the jetlag and exhausting plane ride settles into our bones. We are staying at an old friend's house.....very lovely. He's gone to work and is letting us get settled in. He is an amazing buddy - - giving us the run of his place, then INSISTING on lending us his van to drive three hours south to Calgary, then 2 hours west to Banff, then three hours north to Jasper, then back here. We'll have it for eight days.

I believe he is an undiagnosed and in-the-dark celiac, so this will be one thank-you gift I can give him - - insight and information.

Actually, I am certain that he will not think of the enlightenment that way. "Whot?? Bloody hell......I would need to eat just apples and twigs, then??" (He's a Scot -- quite a character)....

oh, this trip sounds fantastic!!!! Is he cute? single? does he smell good? :snigger:

and yer going to Banfffffffpppppphhhhhh!!! Have always wanted to go there.....stay at that glorious lodge......

Good job typing a Scottish accent!! . . . sounds like a good guy . . . so if we go and visit, will he lend us his van, too??

Do I sound poorer to you?? . . . I bought four trees . . . two Colorado Spruces and a Serbian Spruce and a Pink Dogwood. All of them in the 9 to 10 foot range and all to be installed in the early fall. How hard is that do you think?? . . . but you have to look at every freakin' tree to get the "best" one.

yeah, I was gonna ask if we could use his van also :lol:

your trees sound glorious Jan-it!

Nice trees you gots, Jyaghnutt!

Every tree around here is a skinny, sky-scraping poplar. I swear I've seen no other types of tree so far.

And is it phlat.

Wow. You can honestly see for miles. I'm sure nobody ever gets lost... . . . ..you can always see where you've been.

:bah: are you sure you're not in Central California? like, Los Banos, on Highway 99? oh, wait, there are no trees........... <_<

[Tired of Michael Jackson .. ..but may he rest in peace. Same for Farrah, Fred Travalena, Karl Malden, Steve McNair, Robert McNamara & whatever celeb dies tomorrow etc]

Sarah Palin cracks me up.

the MJ thing is just insane. Gail and I watched quite a bit of coverage last week, became saturated. The funeral was quite sumfin. The kids are quite lovely and polite, we are h earing now. Paris broke my heart today when she spoke :( Blanket...I just can't get past the name. why is he named Blanket? :blink:

yeah, poor Farrah, Ed McMahon, anyone else......all eclipsed by MIchael.

Sarah Palin......they went to re-interview her today to see what it was all REALLY about :wacko: I'll have to watch some of that and see if I can figger it out

JESS drinking chocolate martinis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE post the recipe again!!!!!!!! I'm DYING!!!!!!!!!!!

<going to get quote-busted so no more quotes>

Missing Sillies........I don't think we're having a summit :sad face: Just summer doldrums, I think. :mellow:

How come summer was soooooooo much fun as a kid and now, well, if you live in Fresno, it's just HORRIBLE??????????? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry:

I have GOT to win the lottery and git me a cabin of my own.

BUNNIE"S CAKE DESCRIPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yum:

A psillie psummer pslowdown, perhaps?

:lawl: Padt!

I've always preferred pie to cake.

:o could always, always devour a WHOLE cake, or tons of cookies, or pop tarts.....all the things that are quite bad for us........never cared about pie. Guess my body is stupid. I know my brain is. :huh:

Poeter, a belated happy birthday to you, I am so sorry I missed it. And, good news on the franchise!

and happy birthday to Mark! Cake and pie, yum! :vomit:

more later sills.......

must shower, do some laundry, head to bed. Long day and hardly any food, but not on purpose.

BTW, my Kit Kat has COMPLETELY lost his sillie also. :blink: what in hell? He's just not remotely the same. No playing whatsoever, no running around, NO love for Weez, just, nothing. It's like it happened overnight. :unsure: Kitteh experts, what is going on? will he get sillie again?

Gail says he has a small head. :lol: it's true.

<do you suppose I did that when I nearly killed him from the flea meds? stunted his brain growth > :ph34r:

psawyer Proficient

Quiet, isn't it. Where is everybody?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Guess everyone is busy, or traveling, or working, or redoing their kitchen.....or in my case, baking bread :P

I took a look at CNN at noontime, and saw film of the garbage strike in Toronto. Oye--they showed the road near (outside?) the airport lined with trash and the city trash containers overflowing. I sure hope they come to a resolution soon--I don't envy youse guys up there.

WardGirl Rookie
I took a look at CNN at noontime, and saw film of the garbage strike in Toronto. Oye--they showed the road near (outside?) the airport lined with trash and the city trash containers overflowing. I sure hope they come to a resolution soon--I don't envy youse guys up there.

Ah but the good news is we don't live in the stench. Were we live we have garbage pick up :)

Now if anyone would like some cardboard we have plenty to spare in the basement at the store :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient
Ah but the good news is we don't live in the stench. Were we live we have garbage pick up :)

Well that's good to hear! :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:o

:huh:

:mellow:

:blink:

Um, I put two giant posts on, with questions and issues and such, and after a significant absence, and, no one even acknowledged it whatsoever? WIH?

:blink:

It's like a don't even exist any more :lol: :lol: <am used to that feeling in real life, don't worry>

Um, kinda sensitive right now, so one a youse should at least say hi to me, er sumphin, jeez

:lol:

a record TEN guests are reading right now, maybe they will show me some love

Darn210 Enthusiast
WHOT????? is there a Psilly Psummit Psummwhere?????? did I miss this news whilst I was away??? who is it? what's happening???????

<happy and jealous all at once>

Tis an annual pitch-in dinner . . . you are welcome to stay at my house (Hell, I'll even pick you up from the airport), but you MUST bring a dish to share at the dinner!!! No gettin' around. Them's the rules!!

Gail says he has a small head. :lol: it's true.

<do you suppose I did that when I nearly killed him from the flea meds? stunted his brain growth > :ph34r:

I had a kitty wif a small head . . . I found her dumped on a busy road . . . I always thought that she was malnourished as a wee kitteh, but perhaps she just had a petite brain. :lol:

:Um, kinda sensitive right now, so one a youse should at least say hi to me, er sumphin, jeez

HI YA SUZE!!!!!

Loves Ya . . . through winter & summer thick & thin . . . :wub:

a record TEN guests are reading right now, maybe they will show me some love

Yeah . . . fourteen on now . . . what's up with that??? Hey, all youse guests . . . register already and come talk to us.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Hi ya Jan-it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I'll get on a plane at once with my hot dish :lol:

maybe my previous posts were too maudlin........I skeert everyone off

jerseyangel Proficient

Aw wee Soozle :D I read yer posts and meant to respond, I just (gasp) haven't been on here as much the last few days. I know how ya pheel, though....lot o'times I post and get neigh comments.

Good idea to keep the two sites separate--I hope I didn't blab too much over there--I try to be mindful of that.

Are you feeling better? I always pheel so badly when you're in an abyss :(

Sumphin to get yer mind off all that.....I have an appointment wif Estaban :wub: tomorrow morning and am planning (unless I chicken out) to get me hair cut short :o :o :o Mark's actually on board with this.....I need a change..... :P

jerseyangel Proficient

Wow--we do have a lot of "guests"!! Jump in, already :D

Darn210 Enthusiast

Estaban . . . wish he could do something with my hair!!! I'm getting it cut tonight. I hate my hair . . . I'm growing it out of its current style and it's in a realy ugly awkward stage . . . but at least it's not orange.

Susie . . . you need to move to better . . . cooler . . . rainier . . . climes!!! Apparently Kit needs to, too.

jerseyangel Proficient

Poor lil Kit wif the wee 'ead.....

I wish we could go together tomorrow, Jan-it :D Esteban and then to Starbucks wif our new do's B)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

17 guests??

:huh:

WIH??

Got now't, except to say HI!...and Boris also has a small wee head - virtually no psillie in him or me <_<

Talking of haircuts......Lucy (the not so friendly she-devil cat) has matts on her back nr her tail....... been risking life and limb trying to brush 'em out (teaming up with DC a.k.a. the cat whisperer)

He gently talks and strokes her head during the procedure :unsure:

Anyhoo, she (we) had had(? why does that look all wrong?) enough and resorted to cut them out.......she has a VERY bad fur-cut (it's a very choppy look) and won't go out 'til after dark :lol:

Patti, Pics will be needed of the phab new 'do' :)

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti, Pics will be needed of the phab new 'do' :)

Will do (hee! "do"--get it? :P ) I just hope I don't end up wif too much phace :lol: I really need less hair, but it's a fine line......

curlyfries Contributor
I wish we could go together tomorrow, Jan-it :D Esteban and then to Starbucks wif our new do's B)

All psillies need to get new do's!

Gian-knit and I will have to pose for a new-do picture at the pic-a-nic! ;)

Soozie!.....hey girlfriend! I haven't been replying to hardly anyone, lately, so .....nothin personal. I'm treating you as badly as the rest of 'em :P

Me thinks perhaps KitKat is picking up on your somber mood.

jerseyangel Proficient
Gian-knit and I will have to pose for a new-do picture at the pic-a-nic! ;)

You must!! :DB)

Been thinkin bout you, lady :)

jerseyangel Proficient
I'll get on a plane at once with my hot dish :lol:

This is the pic-a-nik at Jen's? I wanna come wif me hot dish!!!! :lol:

Suz--p-shaw! It takes a lot more than that to scare me off :D;):P

Jestgar Rising Star

OK, I accidentally 'friended' someone on da book instead of hitting ignore. We apparently were in the same HS graduating class, but I have no idea who she is. What's the etiquette here? Send her a 'who in H are you?' note? Unfriend her? Pretend it never happened and ignore all her posts?

Arrrg. Must pay attention before hitting buttons.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

see you susie

i'll say HI

i wrote you 2 emails and you didn't answer ;)

did you even get them?

Hi everyone

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Judith :D

Fancy seeing you here :lol:

Archived