This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

mushroom Proficient
Things may have changed a bit since we were there, but ice is still ice, and a visit to the Columbia Icefield is cool!

Yeah, the Columbia ice field is pretty cool with its tractors and crevasses and all dat ice and what have you, but OMG, those skeeters!!!! worse than Montana!!!, dat's about all I remember :o:P (I was still recovering from HellowstoneYellowstone at that point) :P

.......and yes, chillins were the TV remotes back in the day!

Yeah, but if you don't/didn't have no chillins, then you has to sneak up and pry loose the remote from the hand of the sleepin' spouse, who would immediately wake up and say "I was watchin' that!!" Still happens!! Wot is it with guys and remotes??? Sure helps to have more than one cable outlet! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient
Later, my son says, "I got brownie points for that, didn't I? :D "

:wub:

mimommy Contributor

OK, where do I start--so much to comment on!

Pat--your hair is adorable!!! I love it!

SuzyQ, dear, PUT DOWN THE REMOTE AND JUST WALK AWAY! Please, woman, just get your priorities straight and join my Mafia already.

:lol::rolleyes:

Jess--what happened with the job? The show? The kitchen? The strappy shoes? :unsure:

Emily--sounds like you are having so much fun :)

Nikki--I am weighing the pros and cons of the whirlygig pro-cess and have not yet reached a definitive decision on the matter. :blink::huh::unsure:

:lol:

Neroli!!!! You really have been everywhere! I would love to sit down for an evening with you and listen raptly to your tales. :D

Bev--so nice to hear from you, always. I actually would like to ask you some questions about Maryland/the east coast. We have been talking about taking a trip to Chincoteague Island, VA for a long time now, but Scott and I have always wanted to see MD, Delaware and Maine, too. Everything I've read about Chinc. says that it's better to stay on the MD end at Ocean City and drive to Assateague to see the ponies on the north side. Any experience, advice on this? Any idea what airport is the best destination from Detroit? Car rental? Hotels? gluten-free dining options for kids there?

Not that I can afford such an adventure <_<

Peter--my goodness, the FLIES you must have with all of that garbage :o I have a swarm around my house today just from the two or three bags that were in my garbage cans all week :gag: Yesterday was garbage day so I sprayed a bleach cleaner all over the cans and lids and hosed them out--too late. The (ew) maggots had already evolved and have taken flight :ph34r::angry:

Weddings, birthdays, iced tea--ahhhh. Always so nice to read everyone's posts :P

DingoGirl Enthusiast
The emotional moment at my son's wedding a few years ago.........

He and Melissa were standing at the altar, facing each other, saying their vows......

He reaches up and wipes a tear off Melissa's cheek.......all the women let out a collective, "Awwwwwwwww"

so sweet!

HI BEVEL...HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME STEALING YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!

You can steal our thoughts any time, Joodith :)

Yeah, the Columbia ice field is pretty cool with its tractors and crevasses and all dat ice and what have you, but OMG, those skeeters!!!! worse than Montana!!!, dat's about all I remember (I was still recovering from HellowstoneYellowstone at that point) :P

:blink: is there ANY place that Shroomie has NOT been????????????? Mimms is right, we MUST have a big Psillie Phest, and let Shroom tell us EVERYWHERE she's been!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) (whilst drinking iced tea, mimosas, mojitos and absinthe, and eating our Lays Stax and Jewellee's chocolate cake :rolleyes )

SuzyQ, dear, PUT DOWN THE REMOTE AND JUST WALK AWAY! Please, woman, just get your priorities straight and join my Mafia already.

:ph34r:

:lol:

waiting for the Cable Guy again. I have GOT to have remote access in my bedroom. Imagine the incivility for God's sake, having to actually GET OUT OF YER BED and WALK OVER to change channels. And geez, some of those channels are......300 numbers away from each ohter. Takes about 20 minutes, so it doesn't happen. I just leave it on one channel. :huh:

that was NOT the point of all these channels, now was it. :lol: :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
Imagine the incivility for God's sake, having to actually GET OUT OF YER BED and WALK OVER to change channels.

Such practice went out wif the powdered wig! :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Such practice went out wif the powdered wig! :lol:

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol:

there's our Padt, uppin' the wackl mighty nicely B)

Mimms said ASSateague *snigger* :lol:

going to Walmart now, Sills, gawd help me :blink:

and MIMMS!!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY know what yer talkin about with the Dial soap!!!!!! :angry:

I JUST bought some, and 'tis in FACT concave, with much less of a substantial bar. <_<

(hence my trip to Walmart, 8 bars for $3.50 and I do use them dee-oh-dor-ant soaps in the Fresno summer :blink:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Nathan's wedding story!!!!!

*sniff

<that's the second time Lisa's had me reaching for the tissues!!>

RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUST apologise 'bout my absence on Mafia over in da book........ Kaspersky's (damn them Ruskies!) being a bioootch

(buying Norton at the weekend ;) )

waiting for the Cable Guy again. I have GOT to have remote access in my bedroom. Imagine the incivility for God's sake, having to actually GET OUT OF YER BED and WALK OVER to change channels. And geez, some of those channels are......300 numbers away from each ohter. Takes about 20 minutes, so it doesn't happen. I just leave it on one channel. :huh:

that was NOT the point of all these channels, now was it. :lol: :lol:

The heinousity!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

An omen???....a sign from God, someone doesn't want you watching cable from yer bedroom??? :unsure::lol:

OH...wait! :o ...... my friend has Swine Flu :unsure: ...she's ok ...but all this press has got me thinking if Al got it?....

Not a big fan of unecessary vaccinations but once it's available I think he should have it (if only from the point of view of his heart condition, let alone weak immune system, GADS!..chicken pox put him in hosp for a week :rolleyes: )

Highly unsuitable discussion for the Psillie phread - please ignore me slightly neurotic ramblings!!! :rolleyes: (worrying out loud)

On a more positive note, spoke to the airline we are flying to Turkey with in August.... managed to get an extra 20kg (around 44pounds?) luggage allowance for me cOeliacs to take phood (.......yeah riiiight, more shoes!!!!,..more dresses!!!!.....they can have a bag of pasta or summat ;):lol: )

Back later,....gotta do packed lunches for tomorrow <_<

<boring!>

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Nik--I would be concerned about Al picking up one of these bugs too, considering his heart condition. Does he have to take antibiotics before, say a dental cleaning? Such worrisome stuff :(

Glad to hear yer phriend's ok, though. :)

I'd love to play Mafia on da book, but I still don't know how.....it always seems to try and get me to invite others or sends me off in a completely different direction :unsure: I'm not completely computer illiterate.....but da book is mighty confusin' to me.... :huh:

I stick to doing quizzes and putting me 2 cents in the comment sections :lol:

mimommy Contributor

OMG people!!! The silly thread was number 4 down the list. :o WIH?? We must rectify this egregious wrong :blink:

And...OMG!!! I just booked our totally expensive long overdue fabulous family mini-vacation! Weekend after next we are going to Traverse City on the west coast of the state (on Lake Michigan) to stay 3 nights at Great Wolf Lodge :D I am so happy I am beside myselph B) And we are going to a horse show-jumping event :P And we are going to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park, too!!! And Pirates Cove Adventure Park. OMGOMGOMG.

I tried so hard to find something--I've been looking for months for a a way to go somewhere--with horses, waterpark/kid fun/find a sitter for my dog/and gluten-free dining options...and today it all just literally fell into place for Traverse City. I have a lovely young family friend to house/dogsit for me, already found enough gluten-free restaurants there to feed us plenty, and booked it with a discount because I mentioned the horse show that is town. WOO-HOO! There is even a gluten-free bakery and a gluten-free pizzeria there--heaven :huh::unsure::P

I was looking at Sleeping Bear Dunes and I swear it is so beautiful, it looks like the Carribean--blue water, white sand. The hotel has a massive indoor water park and all kinds of stuff, and you wouldn't believe how cheap I got it.

<happysigh>

Can't stop smiling :D

jerseyangel Proficient

Wow Minimom--that all sounds great! :D Hope ya'll have a wonnerphul time, looks like you'll be eating well, that's for sure!!

You said "rectify" :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
And Pirates Cove Adventure Park. OMGOMGOMG.

Be sure to buy a treasure trove or summat whilst there. :P

Sounds like more fun than most people deserve, except, of course, those with horse-loving, gluten-free, psilly families...

Patii laughed at "rectify" :lol: :lol:

mimommy Contributor
You said "rectify" :lol:

Patii laughed at "rectify" :lol: :lol:

Oh grow up!

*snickergigglecackle*

mimommy Contributor
Mimms said ASSateague *snigger* :lol:

I TOTALLY know what yer talkin about with the Dial soap!!!!!!

Yes, that's right, I said ASS (otherwise known as a$$). And rectalphy. <shakes head at such sophomoric nonsense tsk-tsk>

I think we should all assess the assiduosness of such obvious assent into immaturity...

Bwah!!! :lol:

RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUST apologise 'bout my absence on Mafia over in da book........ Kaspersky's (damn them Ruskies!) being a bioootch

(buying Norton at the weekend ;) )

You are forgiven, Paison. One day I will come to you, needing a favor.... :blink::unsure:

did anybody get that??

DingoGirl Enthusiast
The heinousity!!!!!!!!!!!

An omen???....a sign from God, someone doesn't want you watching cable from yer bedroom???

well, he fixed it all in about.........60 seconds, so clearly God DOES want me watching cable in me bed :lol: :lol:

THE LUXURY!!!!! the sheer LAZINESS!!!!!!!!! the pure mind-numbing RIDICULOUSNESS of it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE CABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

always try to do summat productive while I'm watching though.....make jewelry, clean drawers, shred paper.......

<torture the Weez and the Kitster>

NIK!!!!!!!! extra shoes clothing food on yer plane! good work, Lady ;)

When are ya leaving?

and poor Alsy! My brother was born with a hole in his mitral valve - very serious open heart surgery when he was five (they had to wait until they were 35 pounds in those days), he must take antibiotics before dental appts, etc......yes - vaccinate him, methinks - can't hurt?

MIMMSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! yer mini-vacation! well, I think it sounds fab (esp. when one has kidz and such), but I tend to want to be......away from humanity and in a very quiet place (beach or mountains, or some quaint European village or Canadian lodge) when I travel......so that Pirate's Cove thing? what in hell is that? do you go on rides and stuff? do you like rides? :huh:<from one who will never go on a ride again - this is another reason God did NOT give me children, but gave me cable TV>

Well, you sound quite excited about it (YAYY!!!!), so I'm thinking you'll have a fab time :)

I am such a strange tourist as I've grown older (as if I ever travel <_< ). Or maybe just since I'm a diagnosed Celiac. :( I dunno......I could literally travel to anyone's home and....just hang out and be with the peeps. No need to do lots of frantic running around and seeing MOST things.

But I'm kinda crazy. :lol:

I want to go see my cousins in Minnesota and really, just hang out at their house and be with them and their darling, nutty kids. No need for running around Minneapolis and such. (unless they want to take me to Aqua Vie, or some other posh restaurant)

Oh, wait, my other cousin ran through the entire family fortune. No one's going anywhere. :lol:

:huh:

I stick to doing quizzes and putting me 2 cents in the comment sections :lol:

and that's why we luvs ya :wub:

those quizzes - -very, very pscientific and accurate, BTW :lol: <all of them written by 13-y-olds, methinks, and the old ladies take 'em> (snooooort)

You said "rectify"

gawd

Patii laughed at "rectify"

<snackle>

Oh grow up!

*snickergigglecackle*

NEVAH!!!!!!!

well, I MAY be goign to the beach on Thursday with Sophie.....we will see....... will be phab as it's going to be 106 for the next few days.......

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jerseyangel Proficient
I think we should all assess the assiduosness of such obvious assent into immaturity...

But that's no phun.... :unsure:

THE LUXURY!!!!! the sheer LAZINESS!!!!!!!!! the pure mind-numbing RIDICULOUSNESS of it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE CABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

:D:D:D

elye Community Regular

Dear gawd..... . .. . .I is exhausted. We are presently back in Edmonton and fly outta here, back across the country to Ottawa, tomorrow @ noon.

*yawn*

No more travelling fer me for a loooooong time.

Miss Psillyville phar too much.

SOOOOOOZLE'S GOT CABLE!!!!! :o:oB)B)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Our Eminem's coming back to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

did you find Yeti?

missed you too much and look forward to your tales of.........all over Canada and Bannphphphphphffffffffffff :lol:

:)

'night, Sills

must crawl into bed with my books magazines dog kitteh cable

B)

psawyer Proficient

Where is everybody? It sure is quiet with Janet and Emily otherwise occupied.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Where is everybody? It sure is quiet with Janet and Emily otherwise occupied.

:( I know....so many Sills MIA......not even a check-in from Padt this morning? :unsure:

Gnik - probably ironing

Leesargh - sorting through tatt to find the dining room, plus wedding prep

Neroli - sore arm? :(

Ptaum - miss him too much

Judith - stuck in the basement?

Jools - come back!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Bevel - still tired from trip? LOVE that pic of all those goonies :wub:

Amanda - passed out from work party?

Geoss - where in hell is Geoss? actually having to THINK again today? :huh:

Tea - WHERE's our TEA???? just been too quiet lately - anyone checked on her?

Mimms - packing for trip

who'd I miss? who else hasn't been pooping in enough?

brain baked - going to be about 105 today :blink:

Poor weez hasn't had a walk in days :ph34r: because Mommy just doesn't get up at 6 am to take her....... (or even 7 - the luxury of living alone)

more later, Sills, and

COME BACK ALL MISSING SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

jerseyangel Proficient
COME BACK ALL MISSING SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah--fer the love of PeOter Sawyer....where IS everybody????

nikki-uk Enthusiast

:wacko:

NEEARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

OMGahhhhhh!!....what a day

Had to go to Al's sportsday (wash out - p***ed down with rain <_< ) - then wiv Tel for hosp app (arthritis).....he's no longer allowed to take the drugs that WERE working as that are doing nasty things to his blood and kidneys :angry: ....so they are giving him steroid injections for the time being (happy jabs they ain't :rolleyes: )

They want him to start another drug with a horrific list of side effects (oft' worse than the arthritis pain!)

THEN, finally get home (exhausted stressed menstrual lady coming through), realise after dinner and heinously lengthy clear up of kitchen that I have to start AGAIN as Al needs snacks for TWO parties tomorrow

Nowt in freezer EXCEPT 2 gluten-free sausage roll thingies ....

Tel volunteered to make Pizza - decided to try new pizza base recipe - BIG MISTAKE (always use tried and tested method when in a hurry)

Pizza base was a disgusting soggy mess and if we HAD a dog we wouldn't have fed it him :lol:

Meanwhile *I* burnt the solitary sausage rolls to carbon.....

Pizza take 2 in progress......

Still gotta make other (gluten peeps) packed lunches and the kitchen looks like a small bomb (rice flour) went off!!!

Dan walked in from work and asked if I could cut his hair tonight :lol: (no chance).....and YES!, I have to iron Al's new shirt for his after school party tomorrow!!!

...oh, and (nearly finished moaning) I haven't had dinner yet (starving, wildly fluctuating menstrual blood sugars!!! :lol: )

Anyhoo - how's y'all?? :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
:Anyhoo - how's y'all?? :lol:

Good gawd Nik :o What a freakin day!!

Have you ever tried the "foldable" pizza crust recipe that's on here? Tis phab....I'll get it fer ya. Maybe it'll come in handy fer next time.....

Be back :)

Jestgar Rising Star

Took two of the three furred beasties to the vet, Max has been throwing up, and Lefty has D. Got a handful of drugs, and left them a handful of money.

Roomie is tearing up the kitchen (his day off). Love how men work even harder when a female is around. :rolleyes::lol:

I'll help in a bit, I guess...

Sorry about the day Nik. May as well get it all over with at once. Has Tel been having hairball symptoms too?

jerseyangel Proficient

Delish pizza crust--originally posted by "hangininthere"--I just made it again last night :P

'New York Style' Pizza Crust

Makes one 16" pizza crust or two smaller crusts - foldable floppy and not crispy.

2 tablespoons rapid-rise yeast

1 1l3 cup warm milk

1 teaspoon sugar

1 1l3 cup brown rice flour--(I used white)

1 cup tapioca flour--(I used half cornstarch and half potato starch)

2 teaspoons guar gum--(I use xanthan)

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons gelatin powder

2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning--(I omit)

2 teaspoons olive oil

2 teaspoons apple cidar vinegar

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk and sugar.

In separate large bowl, blend together dry ingredients.

Stir in yeast mixture.

Add oil and apple cider vinegar.

Mix well.

Pat onto buttered and floured sheet - sprinkle flour on top of dough before you pat down, to avoid sticking to hands.

Rub olive oil on top of patted out dough.

Bake plain untopped crust for 10 minutes.

Remove from oven and add toppings.

Return to oven and finish baking for another 20 minutes.

jerseyangel Proficient

Jeeze Jess--sounds like a gigantic kitty glutening over there!!!! :o Hope the wee phurry ones pheel better soon. :)

More kitchen pics soon, I hope?

Archived