This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

DingoGirl Enthusiast
:wacko:

NEEARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

OMGahhhhhh!!....what a day

Anyhoo - how's y'all?? :lol:

:blink:

NICOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!! what in HELL?????????? :unsure:

<please note - when in crisis and with too much to do she wisely comes to the safe boozom of her Sills> :wub::lol:

oh poor Tel, and these drugs!!!!! that new drug......sounds scary - isn't there anything else he can take??? hate the thought of those nasty side affects......and YES, would rather have pain than some of that crap! <_<

Padt - what's this FOLDING PIZZA of which you speak? Can yer stick it in yer purse? :lol:

I want recipe also -

HANG TIGHT KNIKKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took two of the three furred beasties to the vet, Max has been throwing up, and Lefty has D. Got a handful of drugs, and left them a handful of money.

Roomie is tearing up the kitchen (his day off). Love how men work even harder when a female is around.

poor kittehs!!!!!!!! <empty the pocket book out right nicely, don't they?> :huh:

kitchen demolition - good - and yes, methinks the men pholk DO work harder when the womens is around - as it should be :lol:

more later sills - have to keep cleaning for housesitter (niece) to stay, beginning tomorrow - -

HATE THE MAD CLEANING for housesitter - so much easier to leave it in squalor when going away :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient
<please note - when in crisis and with too much to do she wisely comes to the safe boozom of her Sills> :wub::lol:

Tis true :rolleyes:

And I want to say that this is more like it! :D Several psills listed and posting. :D:D

curlyfries Contributor

Just a poop in to say "Hey" :)

Today is Brian's first day back to work! :D

He will probably be totally pooped when he gets home :P .......at least there will be no incessant pacing!

Had an awesome time dancing last Sunday..........everyone thinks he is amazing :rolleyes:

Jestgar Rising Star

He will probably be totally pooped when he gets home :P .......at least there will be no incessant pacing!

Nah. The first week he'll be standing around telling stories. Real work doesn't start for a while.

Put a couple more pics up.

jerseyangel Proficient

Had an awesome time dancing last Sunday..........everyone thinks he is amazing :rolleyes:

I wished him luck on da book! :D

I'll bet he has a great day wif everyone so happy to see him back :)

How are you doing, Leeseiugh? How's work? New-mon-e-a completely gone?

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Has Tel been having hairball symptoms too?

The gagging coughing noises can be embarrasing ;)

...but poor wee kittehs :(

Delish pizza crust--originally posted by "hangininthere"--I just made it again last night :P

'New York Style' Pizza Crust

Makes one 16" pizza crust or two smaller crusts - foldable floppy and not crispy.

2 tablespoons rapid-rise yeast

1 1l3 cup warm milk

1 teaspoon sugar

1 1l3 cup brown rice flour--(I used white)

1 cup tapioca flour--(I used half cornstarch and half potato starch)

2 teaspoons guar gum--(I use xanthan)

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons gelatin powder

2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning--(I omit)

2 teaspoons olive oil

2 teaspoons apple cidar vinegar

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk and sugar.

In separate large bowl, blend together dry ingredients.

Stir in yeast mixture.

Add oil and apple cider vinegar.

Mix well.

Pat onto buttered and floured sheet - sprinkle flour on top of dough before you pat down, to avoid sticking to hands.

Rub olive oil on top of patted out dough.

Bake plain untopped crust for 10 minutes.

Remove from oven and add toppings.

Return to oven and finish baking for another 20 minutes.

PADT to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

What a sweetheart!! ♥ ♥

more later sills - have to keep cleaning for housesitter (niece) to stay, beginning tomorrow - -

HATE THE MAD CLEANING for housesitter - so much easier to leave it in squalor when going away :lol:

WHAAAT?!?!?!

Where are ye going???? :unsure:

I concur!!!! :D

Hope Brian's first day back is ok Leese!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Yeah Suz--I musta missed sumphin :unsure: Where ya off ta?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Speaking of Comcast..... <_<

Our cable is out--the picture suddenly froze and then went black. I called, and apparently we are in the midst of a system wide (in our zip code) signal strength problem. Could be 24-48 hours to fix :angry:

Jess--who is taking up yer phloor? The roomie? V cute B)

Jestgar Rising Star
Jess--who is taking up yer phloor? The roomie? V cute B)

small thumbs:ph34r: :ph34r:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

<_<<_<

jerseyangel Proficient

Unfortunate :P

DingoGirl Enthusiast
And I want to say that this is more like it! :D Several psills listed and posting.

warmed me 'eart :wub:

WHAAAT?!?!?!

Weezie and I are to go to Aptos with Sophie tomorrow, and stay at her uncles' place.

YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! forty degrees cooler. ;)

Gail says I am like a character who's in Edith Wharton's "House of Mirth" - absolutely penniless, but staying with people, traveling to and fro and benefitting from the fortunes (aka beach houses) of others :lol: :lol: :lol:YUP! I"ll take it ;)

Geoss is right, Leesargh!!!!!!!! Brian WILL just be standin' around, tellin' stories for the first week!!!! :lol: <yay on the dancing!>

Cute roommate Geoss, nice smile! <unfortunate about the thumbs> What a guy, ripping up LAYERS of old floor :gag:

Padtea - thanks for the recipe! am going to try it........BUGGER on yer cable! Well, more computer time then.......or - *gasp* p'raps read a book? <whot's that???>

:lol:

NIK!!!! how is it going?????????????? :huh:

mushroom Proficient
Weekend after next we are going to Traverse City on the west coast of the state (on Lake Michigan) to stay 3 nights at Great Wolf Lodge :D I am so happy

Sounds like a phab phamily vacation, Mimms. Somehow I never thought of Michigan as having "coasts!! :o:lol:

I am such a strange tourist as I've grown older (as if I ever travel <_< ). Or maybe just since I'm a diagnosed Celiac. :( I dunno......I could literally travel to anyone's home and....just hang out and be with the peeps. No need to do lots of frantic running around and seeing MOST things.

But I'm kinda crazy. :lol:

Sounds mighty sane to me. I have a sister who comes to visit, always wants to be doin' sumthin'. Complains to my other sister that I "don't do enough for her" when she visits me. Gad, she wears me out. HaHa, doesn't come so often now that there\s no gluten in the house!

... then wiv Tel for hosp app (arthritis).....he's no longer allowed to take the drugs that WERE working as that are doing nasty things to his blood and kidneys :angry: ....so they are giving him steroid injections for the time being (happy jabs they ain't :rolleyes: )

They want him to start another drug with a horrific list of side effects (oft' worse than the arthritis pain!)

Oh Nikki, so sorry Tel has had to give up his Enbrel. I know how awful that must feel. They have come out with a couple of new TNF inhibitors in the last couple of months; do you think one of those would work for him?? Or is that what they want him to start?? Please tell him how sorry I am. So far the Humira has been good for me; hope it keeps up.

Migaawd, all that gluten free cooking and food prep! Time to teach Alsey to cook and prepare :rolleyes::D

Love how men work even harder when a female is around. :rolleyes::lol:

I love it too, especially when they humm annoying little ditties which are supposed to signify "what a good boy am I" :lol:

I had my housesitter help clean up the house for the housesitter :lol: since she was staying with us at the time, and she has also been doing my garden :D However, think she has been spoiling the kitteh, setting impossible standards of attention and grooming so that kitteh willl probably greet us wif "Why the hail did you have to come back? I had it sooo good!!"

Weezie and I are to go to Aptos with Sophie tomorrow, and stay at her uncles' place.

YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! forty degrees cooler. ;)

Way to go Suze! Love Aptos and the nice cooling mists!!!

I'm about to try the french bread recipe that has no potato starch :( in it, now that I can't have most other breads :angry: Sure hope it turns out as good as the reviews!!!

Phinally warmer here, into the 80's which is just about right :) Thought summer was never going to get here!

elye Community Regular

Gads, I am soooooooo back. . . . . . . ..... ..

Laundry.

Laundry.

LAUNDRY.

AND catching up wif da Psills. . . . . . . ........ .. . :)B)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I'm about to try the french bread recipe that has no potato starch :( in it, now that I can't have most other breads :angry: Sure hope it turns out as good as the reviews!!!

Whot? what is dis? what recipe? Um....I always ask for recipes, and then hardly ever make anything :lol::ph34r: Can't stand baking, which is a good thing since, the carbs just go STRAIGHT to me belly/waistline <_<

Gads, I am soooooooo back. . . . . . . ..... ..

Laundry.

Laundry.

LAUNDRY.

AND catching up wif da Psills. . . . . . . ........ .. . :)B)

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Slim Shady's back!!!!!!!!!!! :) Missed you, Most Wackl of the North....

soooooooooooooooo bloody hot here - leaving tomorrow for only 2 or 3 nights - 106 here all weekend :angry: Niece is housesitting, may not come back :unsure:

must....keep........cleaning :mellow:

jerseyangel Proficient

Jeesh--poor Souczie's still cleaning......

We may get a respite from the heat later in the week. The forecast for Sunday is a high of 91. Never thought I'd see the day when that would sound comfortable to me :lol:

Still no cable <_< Speaking of which, Mad Men starts August 16th. :rolleyes:

What else.....french bread recipe? If it turns out, Shroomie, I'd love it, too :)

flourgirl Apprentice

Hey all. Just a poop-in to let you know that I have not fallen off the phace of the earth....just pheels like it. Work is mad-busy (that's good), lots of work to do at home (love working in the yard!!! As if you didn't know). Otherwise so dang-dog tired I can't stand it. Took myself off from Lyrica. Stuff is crap. I was still tired, still in lots of pain, and doped up to boot. Some days I could barely function. I never could drink.....and could not handle legal drugs at the lowest dosage! Am truly a party-pooper, I guess. Anyway...I'm tired, in pain, and at least alert for most of the day.

I HAVE been peeking in now and again to stay caught up. So many wonderful things happening here, too many to even try to comment on. Youse guys are often the highlight of my day (how pathetic is that?) :P

Hope that good, great, wonderphul things continue to occur in psillyvilly for everyone! Keep it shiny! :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi T :D Glad you pooped in!!! So sorry about the pain you're in, though :( Can understand about putting up with it as opposed to being all doped up--I'm the same way.

Keep it shiny--and stop by when you need a chuckle or want to listen to me complain about how hot it is :lol:

curlyfries Contributor
Nah. The first week he'll be standing around telling stories. Real work doesn't start for a while.

How right you are!........came home just as antsy as ever :P

How are you doing, Leeseiugh? How's work? New-mon-e-a completely gone?

Work is OK.......this'll be the last time I work in an elementary school for quite a while....<YAY!!!> :D I even have to get to spend a little time each day in a kindergarten class for the first time ever. This world is just too syruppy for me. <fingerdownthroat> I can't wait to get to be amongst pre-teen hormones, wackl middle school teachers, and in a world where my sarcasm is not only understood, but also appreciated! :P

Gnu-mo-ny-a is pretty much gone......just a slight rattle in me chest every mornin.......a few coughs and I'm good for the rest of the day

I concur!!!! :D

Hope Brian's first day back is ok Leese!!

It wasn't as tiring as he expected, but he evidently didn't do all that much work.........and methinks he absolutely thrives on all the attention he gets <_<

:lol::lol::lol:

.....just love Jess's brief responses! :lol:

Gail says I am like a character who's in Edith Wharton's "House of Mirth" - absolutely penniless, but staying with people, traveling to and fro and benefitting from the fortunes (aka beach houses) of others :lol: :lol: :lol:YUP! I"ll take it ;)

Sounds good to me! :)

Took myself off from Lyrica. Stuff is crap. I was still tired, still in lots of pain, and doped up to boot. Some days I could barely function. I never could drink.....and could not handle legal drugs at the lowest dosage! Am truly a party-pooper, I guess. Anyway...I'm tired, in pain, and at least alert for most of the day.

I knew that stuff wasn't all it's cracked up to be. Hubby thought maybe I should try it, but I decided against it.

PadT!..........HOW HOT IS IT??? :P .....stay cool....you too, Soozle

Good to see so many psillies poopin in........T.....Mims.....Shroomie.........and our ice trekker Em! :)

elye Community Regular

Mornin', Psills!

Crap, it is an inevitibility, I am sure - - about.....what, fifty times whilst we were away, I would think, "GAH! This is something SOOOOOO phunneeee, unbelievable that it's happened, cannot WAIT to tell the psills".... .. .. . . . and.... ........have forgotten it ALL.

:huh:

:rolleyes:

Jeez, that means I gotta conjure up some hilarity back here.

Hmm. I've put on a couple o' pounds.

There are probably thirty big piles of dog poop to collect from the yard.

Absolutely NO food in my fridge.

I'll stop so that you can all catch yer collective breath, and change in case you wet yer pants from all the crazed guffawing.

Jestgar Rising Star

Got some new cat food. Dick Van Patten's stuff. Lefty is, at this moment, attempting to bury it...

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Jeesh--poor Souczie's still cleaning......

Not really. I take LOTS of breaks :lol::ph34r:

Hey all. Just a poop-in to let you know that I have not fallen off the phace of the earth....just pheels like it. Work is mad-busy (that's good), lots of work to do at home (love working in the yard!!! As if you didn't know). Otherwise so dang-dog tired I can't stand it. Took myself off from Lyrica. Stuff is crap. I was still tired, still in lots of pain, and doped up to boot. Some days I could barely function. I never could drink.....and could not handle legal drugs at the lowest dosage! Am truly a party-pooper, I guess. Anyway...I'm tired, in pain, and at least alert for most of the day.

TEA!!!!!!!!!! we've missed you!!! Poop in, even when yer totally exhausted. :) Hope you feel like your perky, psilly pself again quite soon........

Work is OK.......this'll be the last time I work in an elementary school for quite a while....<YAY!!!> I even have to get to spend a little time each day in a kindergarten class for the first time ever. This world is just too syruppy for me. <fingerdownthroat> I can't wait to get to be amongst pre-teen hormones, wackl middle school teachers, and in a world where my sarcasm is not only understood, but also appreciated!

dis is phunny :lol: I can't stand the syrupy kindergarten stuff, either. Although here, it's.....umm..........not as syrupy any more. Some of the fresh-faced five-year-olds are not so innocent - I think they're in gangs already :blink: <Fresno Unified - a very scary school district and getting scarier all the time > :huh:

Jeez, that means I gotta conjure up some hilarity back here.

Hmm. I've put on a couple o' pounds.

There are probably thirty big piles of dog poop to collect from the yard.

Absolutely NO food in my fridge.

I'll stop so that you can all catch yer collective breath, and change in case you wet yer pants from all the crazed guffawing.

Yes, by all means, conjure away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thirty piles of poop :blink:

SILLS!!!!!!! I gots to get ready to go! I am the world's WORST packer, BTW. I bring TONS and TONS of things, a majority of which I never touch or use. :blink: I can't winnow down the clothing choices, so I just throw (for car trips) everything into me bag, which becomes quite heavy and is the source of laughter for others, when I am on a two-day trip and, my clothing weighs about.........fifty pounds :unsure:

and then I just wear pretty much the same four things the entire time I"m there.

I'll never get it right

more later, Sills!

Padt and I are suffering through the heat - 106 here today - bloody awful - so glad to be getting away -- 75 at the coast B)

jerseyangel Proficient

Have phun Suz--and enjoy that cooler air!! :rolleyes:

I pheel the same way about working in an elementary school--I loved working wif the high schoolers. I've been thinkin (dangerous, I know :lol: ) about maybe trying to go back to work--either to a middle or high school. Of course I still have to learn my way around out where the house is going to be.... :huh:

Jeesh--I'm old and it's not as easy as it used to be to learn all these roads. I gotta stop relocating..... :P

Got naught else.....gonna make the Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookies today. Hope they're as good as the brownies.

jerseyangel Proficient
:D Me cable is back!! :D
Darn210 Enthusiast
Bev--so nice to hear from you, always. I actually would like to ask you some questions about Maryland/the east coast. We have been talking about taking a trip to Chincoteague Island, VA for a long time now, but Scott and I have always wanted to see MD, Delaware and Maine, too. Everything I've read about Chinc. says that it's better to stay on the MD end at Ocean City and drive to Assateague to see the ponies on the north side. Any experience, advice on this? Hotels? gluten-free dining options for kids there?

Ooooooooh . . . I'm interested in this info also. Me BIL lives in Virginia. I was thinking that on an upcoming trip, we would go visit us some ponies.

He is.

Well, that's all I can standz to quote . . . tis quite cumbersome on this labtop, probably cuz I don't ever use it.

Some old bizzness to take care of . . .

Love this smiling av Padt.

Happy belated Birfday JewelLee.

Welcome Back, Em. How's yer MIL car?

Have a good trip, Suze . . . don't forget to pack some underwear . . . I did that once :ph34r:

Shroomer . . . would it be easier to tell us where you haven't been?

To everybody else . . . have a good day. Going home tomorrow so I'll be on a little more regular. . . I'll tell you about the escape convicts then.

Archived