This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star

Fab dinner last night. Open Original Shared Link

Expecting an appallingly hot day today (ok, not as hot as Patti and Suze, but hey, this is Seattle).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast

African peanut stew????? :unsure: ......askeert!!

Thinking of our Em & family on this difficult day.....sending her the strength to get through the day.....

{{{{hugs}}}} :)

flourgirl Apprentice

Em and her family are very much on my mind this morning too. It's grey, drizzly, dreary here, a fitting symbol expressing the farewell to a man who brought so much light and laughter to the world.

African stew.....hmmmmm. Have not yet tried this (or heard of it), as there is a definate shortage of africans here in WV! :P Are they expensive? Are they gluten-free?

I keep reading about places being so abominably hot....send some up here!!!! We have not really had summer weather yet, except for a few days near 90. Lots of rain, though. At least the plants are happy. Mostly been in the mid 80's so far. My poor dad in NY is pretty frustrated as he has not been able to get the hay in! Makes one wonder about all of the talk of global warming. I'm sure it's real....just not "in your face" evident (yet).

Hope everyone is hangin' in there just fine. Sometimes I really miss youse guys.

Darn210 Enthusiast
Thinking of our Em & family on this difficult day.....sending her the strength to get through the day.....

{{{{hugs}}}} :)

Ditto . . . will be a long day . . . but the support from phamily and phriends makes it bearable.

I don't think I told you guys what Smackl said to the Catholic priest immediately following my Mom's funeral . . .

Father H. was moving down the line and shaking all of our hands and offering his condolences. He gets to my son and before he can say anything, Smackl says "You know why I'm not sad about Grandma Kate? . . . I know about reincarnation. She could already be back by now." I answered with "Don't you think she deserves a few days off?" and my older brother asked to see the Buddhist-Catechism book that we're using. Hubby was mortified. The priest was amused. And the crowd snickered and giggled.

psawyer Proficient

Our thoughts are with Emily and her family today.

jerseyangel Proficient

Emily and her phamily have been on my mind so much the past several days, but today particularly.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

My prayers and thoughts are with Emily and her family today. (((HUGS))))

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

Hugs to all of us.

Will try to make as many people as possible laugh today, in honor of Les.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
African peanut stew????? :unsure: ......askeert!!

African stew.....hmmmmm. Have not yet tried this (or heard of it), as there is a definate shortage of africans here in WV! :P Are they expensive? Are they gluten-free?

you guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I would have to add civkeb, er sumfin :unsure:

I keep reading about places being so abominably hot....send some up here!!!! We have not really had summer weather yet, except for a few days near 90. Lots of rain, though. At least the plants are happy. Mostly been in the mid 80's so far. My poor dad in NY is pretty frustrated as he has not been able to get the hay in! Makes one wonder about all of the talk of global warming. I'm sure it's real....just not "in your face" evident (yet).

Hope everyone is hangin' in there just fine. Sometimes I really miss youse guys.

Hey Tea! I think we should do a house-swap in mid-July!!!!!! You'll love it here - 106 tomorrow

<_< You can water my tiny garden, whilst I become overwhelmed by yours....

Father H. was moving down the line and shaking all of our hands and offering his condolences. He gets to my son and before he can say anything, Smackl says "You know why I'm not sad about Grandma Kate? . . . I know about reincarnation. She could already be back by now." I answered with "Don't you think she deserves a few days off?" and my older brother asked to see the Buddhist-Catechism book that we're using. Hubby was mortified. The priest was amused. And the crowd snickered and giggled.

holy cow :blink::lol:

funerals are so poignantly beautiful - I actually love them. They bring out the best sense in people, I think......and a closeness that we don't always have. :(:wub:

Hugs to all of us.

Will try to make as many people as possible laugh today, in honor of Les.

:wub:

brilliant.........I"ll see if I can get these animals to cackle.

sending love and blessings up to Canada today........holding Emmy and family up in prayer.

Love to all -

♥♥♥

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Sils--We're oot and aboot but I wanted to check in wif ya'll. Em, and really, our whole lil group have been on me mind all day. Together in spirit, all of us today :wub:

Mtndog Collaborator

Thinking of you Em- long day but hope there are lots around you for hugs, love and memories.

I love Smackl! :lol:

Well- here's what the spies have discovered about 10 miles away on the set of Grownups :

Open Original Shared Link

A little giggle to get us through a sad day.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Hi

Well just came on to see if Em had popped in for a line or 2.

Didn't she would as i imagine she had a full day and full house till the wee small hrs.

Em.........I shot up prayers for strenth all day.

Hope you felt the hugs and love and they helped you and your family today.

Love ya honey bunny

Judy

tom Contributor

Hi Emmers :wub:

Been thinking of you & your family all week. Your Dad sure touched a lot of people - so many wunnerful things written.

Gian-knit - love the Smackl story. :wub:

Learned 2 things lately.

1) 3ml is a lot of spit when foam doesn't count.

2) I was correct in expecting to gag during critical moments of stool test process .. ..hoping I wouldn't vomit IN container to ruin it. <gag> (1 down, 3 to go <gag> )

<omfg I hate how slowly I think>

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Hi Emmers :wub:

Been thinking of you & your family all week. Your Dad sure touched a lot of people - so many wunnerful things written.

Gian-knit - love the Smackl story. :wub:

Learned 2 things lately.

2) I was correct in expecting to gag during critical moments of stool test process .. ..hoping I wouldn't vomit IN container to ruin it. <gag> (1 down, 3 to go <gag> )<omfg I hate how slowly I think>

Poor Tom. thinking of you Buddy

Morning Em.

We've all be thinking of you

Hi everybody else.

back to painting.

I really look forward to my 'silly' breaks from working...........we'll be out 'silly' back but these losses take their tole on us buddies.

Judy

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Well- here's what the spies have discovered about 10 miles away on the set of Grownups :

Open Original Shared Link

A little giggle to get us through a sad day.

goofy kids - I loved that! :lol:

I used to be NUTS when there was a movie shoot anywhere I knew about.........stalking the set

:ph34r:

Hi

Well just came on to see if Em had popped in for a line or 2.

Didn't she would as i imagine she had a full day and full house till the wee small hrs.

Em.........I shot up prayers for strenth all day.

Hope you felt the hugs and love and they helped you and your family today.

Love ya honey bunny

Judy

ditto what Judith said :wub:

Learned 2 things lately.

2) I was correct in expecting to gag during critical moments of stool test process .. ..hoping I wouldn't vomit IN container to ruin it. <gag> (1 down, 3 to go <gag> )

<omfg I hate how slowly I think>

:unsure: PTAUM!!!!!!! this sounds HAY-nus!!!!!!!!! stay strong, little soldier!!!!!!

nice to see you poop in.........

got nowt sills, 106 here today with significant humidity :angry:

Padt, how's is back there?

more later

psawyer Proficient

Just popping by to say hi from sunny Toronto...Hi, psillies!

Darn210 Enthusiast

HiYa Peter!!

. . . and Tom . . . and Susie . . . and everyone else.

Glad you could poop in Tom . . . got any info to share on the testing and the appointments . . . You know, good stuff other than the gagging during the stool testing.

Well, Smackl and I are headed to meet the new neighbor . . . she's only eight weeks old and her name is Willa . . . and she's a golden retriever puppy. :wub:

Hope Em is doing OK and checks in soon.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi all--just got back from our "pre-drywall" meeting w/the builder. Everything is good and so far on schedule--actually, dare I say it--a bit ahead of schedule :)

Hope all is well throughout silliville.

Wonder how Em's doing today.....

Oh--get this--we stopped at Starbucks just now and I asked about the V Orange Cake, expecting to hear that they didn't carry it anymore. (I phigured I could put in my 2 cents about how disappointed I was.....bla bla bla.) but to me surprise, they had several in the display case.

I said that I heard they were discontinuing them, and the girl told me that she/they at this location have not heard anything about that, and they get fresh ones delivered every day. I did order one, and it was perfectly fresh and delicious. Interesting..... B)

curlyfries Contributor

Hi psills!!!!

Too busy to chat.....cleaning.....planning......stressing....GAAAHHHH!!!!! The calendar is full for the rest of the week! :ph34r:

Don't forget to bug Jan-knit for a pic from the pic-a-nic!

jerseyangel Proficient
Too busy to chat.....cleaning.....planning......stressing....GAAAHHHH!!!!! The calendar is full for the rest of the week! :ph34r:

Gawd--I'll bet it is!!! The week before the wedding :D You gotta be going nuts! :rolleyes:

Hey Jan-it!!!!! How bout that pic-a-nicka pic????? :lol:

psawyer Proficient

On day 36 of the Toronto civic employees' strikes, we are told that tentative agreements have been reached, and ratification votes will be taken on Wednesday. It will take a few days after a yes vote to get things back to normal. Cleaning up the mess will take quite a bit of work.

I hope Em pops by and lets us know how she's doing.

Picnic Pics pleeeze...

That's all, folks!

Jestgar Rising Star
On day 36 of the Toronto civic employees' strikes, we are told that tentative agreements have been reached, and ratification votes will be taken on Wednesday.

um.....eeewwwwww :o

Mtndog Collaborator

Downtown Toronto smell= POOPY COW!!!!!!!!!

Em- Sending you strength and love :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ptaum- Hang in there- you've been through the ringer.

I......

got......

REALLY...........glutaminated!!!!!!!! Damn fudgsicles- missed the malt powder and me tummy feels like I ate glass...............ugh. It hasn't happened in awhile and I forgot how wretched it is. Blech, phooey, poopy cow!

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh Bevvie--ouch! :( Hope the episode passed quickly.

Jestgar Rising Star

HOT!!!!!

wwwhhhhhiiiiiiiinnnnnnnneeeeee :poutyface:

Archived