This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi Sillies- a very not so phunny time on our side.

John and I have started the journey through the reproductive endo clinic in hopes of getting pregnant. My dr there really believes that John's past medical history might be what is holding it up- so John gave some love in a cup and now we are waiting nervously for the results. I dont think we will hear till tomorrow...but its hard to wait. We have discussed what options he and I would seek if it is a problem but I am hoping it doesn't come to that. To make this even more emotional and crazy- I had some blood work drawn the other day and I went into the online med records system to check them (which is allowed for myself) and then I happen to see that my coworkers son was looking at my stuff and he would have no business in there. He works at one of our off-site drs offices but not an office I go to or one that any of my drs would be in contact with- so that is disturbing. Plus right now more than ever there is very personal stuff in there- stuff about me and John's private lives that even my coworkers do not know about. I am not even sure what to do about it since I work with the guys mother.....oh its terrible! I feel violated...and not in a good way!

John and I are doing good. John is getting over viral bronchitis.

things are work are ok- still have problems with my boss but that doesnt matter. I still have no respect for her. She is just a nasty woman..

I just came from a beginning of fall shopping spree. I went to Kohls cause I needed pants- and bought me some dockers which I love since they dont seem to shrink. then I got some cute tops and a new over the shoulder boudler holder. Spent 85 but then got to the register and got one of those scratch coupons and I got 15 off! So I spent 70 instead! Score!

Can someone help me get a cute thing in my sig--I think they look cute!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Amanduh! Superb av -- such pretty goils! :)B)

That is creepy, extremely unprofessional AND quite appalling, what your co-worker's son is up to. Can you get in touch with him? Challenge him on it? He needs to be addressed on this in no uncertain terms - - you can probably sue him for this kind of thing (I know in the States it is probably attempted all the time). . ... .. ..

My advice to you Paddeigh is ...... Be the curl, live as one

:lol: Absolute words by which to live. . . . .....

A heated mattress pad you say?!?!?!

For now, I have the cats to do my pre warming <_<

I have DH's never-fail, like-clockwork nocturnal gas that does this job.. . . .. MUCH rather have me cats up there warming things up, but the smell keeps them away, I'm sure.. .....

Why in hell doesn't it keep ME away? Am I nuts?

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Must go shopping tomorrow!..... for the brightest, most garish ensmble I can find!!!!!!

...... this month in the UK is 'breast cancer aware month'. My gym is having a charity day where you HAVE to wear something pink. (and you donate for the honoUr)

I'm thinking fluorescent pink tights (pantyhose) with leg warmers and shorts (it's ok!!..I'll have tights on!! :o )...maybe a pink tutu!!

I see you in something like this, Nik... . ....

pink_gorillas.webp

I think Angus needs a phriend ( a wittle or big furry fuzzy canine friend) :D

Do it, Bevel, DO IT! Nothing is like adopting a needy dog........ :wub::wub:

psawyer Proficient

OMG! I'm seeing pink gorillas, and I haven't touched a drop (yet). B)

jerseyangel Proficient
:lol: One o' me fave Peanuts strips:

:lol: Phunny! "I love Peanuts".

Somehow I gain strength from the fact that someone, somewhere else in the world is having the same struggles as I ;)

Pseriously PadT, you don't get much more damp than England.... and I (beaten down by Decades of wrestling) decided to go with it.

My advice to you Paddeigh is ...... Be the curl, live as one

Gawd Nik--I also gain strengh knowing you understand :D I've been so tempted to have it done--but I hate to get on the straightening merry-go-round again. Thanks to you, I will stay strong and be one wif me curl. B) <grumble....>

Happy Sunday-

Hi Bevvie--how are classes going? :)

Sorry fer all you're going through, Amanda. Hope you get good news from the doctor on the wee swimmers :) Good going at Kohl's, though! :D

I have DH's never-fail, like-clockwork nocturnal gas that does this job.. . . ..

:lol::lol::lol:

"nocturnal gas" :P

Darn210 Enthusiast

I'm back psillies!!!

Way behind . . . can't read tonite . . . we'll see about tomorrow . . . but wanted to poop in and say howdy.

Em . . . I luv yer gnu boy!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Welcome back, Jan-it!!!! :D

elye Community Regular

Welcommen back, Jaghnutt!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

curlyfries Contributor
What??? :unsure: ...why??....what's going ON over there Leese?????????

But cheese IS good- no doubt about that!

Face is breaking out, funky feeling tongue....bleeding :ph34r:.....luckily no stomach issues.......I was doing fine at first. I guess it just builds up over time.

I'm hoping that keeping cheese will help me keep my weight from dropping.....never thought I'd be saying that ! :P

I was just thinkin about you the other day and was gonna ask where you've been. When we don't hear from you in a while, I know sumthin's up.

Couldn't you report that guy? That is seriously unprofessional.....couldn't he lose his job for that? I don't care if he is somebody's son!

I'm back psillies!!!

Hi Jan-knit!!!! Where was it you went wif the goils?

My boss left about the same time you did with her girlfriends and I started wondering.......hmmmm......... :huh:

......but you didn't go to Florida, did you? :unsure:

PSILLIES!!!!!

I was over the moon, today!

We went to a relative's 50th wedding anniversary today. I was not in the mood to call about the food....dealing with a caterer....blah, blah.....

....so I was going to make something for meself, but ran out of time.......so I grabbed some nuts and decided I would just make do.

When we got there, a little early, I decided it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Well.......one of the grown children that planned it is celiac! The chicken, potatoes, green beans, AND the cake were all gluten free!!! :D

Through a miscommunication, the pork wasn't........and she didn't eat salad, so no guarantees on the dressing.

I just HAD to try the cake :P .....starting sugar-free tomorrow :rolleyes:

This was the first time a lot of these cousins, aunts and uncles of Brian's have seen him since the accident.

.........and we showed off on the dance floor :P

Oh....and I want a cute thing on my sig, too, but can't find anything I like. Where was it you said to go, Ruh-shell?

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Spent the weekend at my mommy's house so hubby could prep for his interview this week. She has a hot tub, it was amazing! She also has a VitaMix in which I am completely in love! I smoothified everything I ate the entire weekend :P She asked if I would like to have one, I said for sure but no way in hell I'm paying that much for a flippin blender--she wrote me a check for $400!!!! She said to consider it an early Christmas present-WOOHOO!! Makes up for the fact that I woke up this morning and their cat had at some point during the night decided to sleep on my chest and I am now coughing and can't breathe out of my nose <_<

Hope everyone else had an amazing weekend!!

Wistfully wishing mine were BIG enough to hang to me waist :lol:

Don't feel bad Nik, I have to roll mine up to fit them into a bra. Went to Victoria's Secret a few years ago, after I was done nursing ds, and the gal was fitting me for a bra. She came into my dressing room and said "Oh My! What happened?" I've been going to Nordstroms since. THEY don't make fun of my flapjack boobsicles!

I'm thinking fluorescent pink tights (pantyhose) with leg warmers and shorts (it's ok!!..I'll have tights on!! :o )...maybe a pink tutu!!

Too much??? :lol:

Um, NEVER too much and you MUST post a picture!!

and then I happen to see that my coworkers son was looking at my stuff and he would have no business in there. I feel violated...and not in a good way!

You must turn him in for a HIPPA violation. That is highly inappropriate. Turn him in for sure!

celiac-mommy Collaborator
Oh....and I want a cute thing on my sig, too, but can't find anything I like. Where was it you said to go, Ruh-shell?

planetsmilies.net

But, I couldn't find any good Halloween ones, so I googled 'halloween smilies' and found the witch at Open Original Shared Link

It was super simple to input these, click on the one you want and it gives you the address to use on forums!! Then cut and paste!

elye Community Regular

GOoOoOooOoOd morning, Psillies!

Phlapjack boobs........yes, 'tis quite accurate, I fear... ... .. <_< Um, I've always wondered why nothing seems to happen to the male appendage in question as the aging process continues, at least nothing like what happens to a woman's boobs. Like our boobs, does it lengthen, flatten, shrink?

Don't believe so. Wot in hell?

:huh:

YAY, Rashyelle's gettin' a honkin' blendah! great way to get the kids eating just about any vegetable.....amazing what you can hide in a smoothie. . .... B)

Saw those wee kids flaked out in the car on Da Book, R -- adorable!

She came into my dressing room and said "Oh My! What happened?"

Whoa.. ...speaking of unprofessional . . .. . ..... :o:lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Amanda, I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time...it must be very stressful for you both :( ..... let us know when there's any news ;)

I'm back psillies!!!

Way behind . . . can't read tonite . . . we'll see about tomorrow . . . but wanted to poop in and say howdy.

Em . . . I luv yer gnu boy!!!

Giah-neet's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Face is breaking out, funky feeling tongue....bleeding :ph34r:.....luckily no stomach issues.......I was doing fine at first. I guess it just builds up over time.

I'm hoping that keeping cheese will help me keep my weight from dropping.....never thought I'd be saying that ! :P

Bummer Leese - but you'll waste away!!!! :(

Don't feel bad Nik, I have to roll mine up to fit them into a bra. Went to Victoria's Secret a few years ago, after I was done nursing ds, and the gal was fitting me for a bra. She came into my dressing room and said "Oh My! What happened?" I've been going to Nordstroms since. THEY don't make fun of my flapjack boobsicles!

OMG Rae-chulle!!!!!!!!!!!!....what a biotch!!!!!!!!!!! :o

(..also LOVED yer pics of your exhausted chidlins on FB ;) )

...erm ...'phlapjack' boobs,....is that with uncontaminated oats???? :unsure::lol:

Um, I've always wondered why nothing seems to happen to the male appendage in question as the aging process continues, at least nothing like what happens to a woman's boobs. Like our boobs, does it lengthen, flatten, shrink?

T'is indeed a cruel twist of fate Em <_<

MUST thank you for the pink gorilla, it will be PERFECT !!

<although things may get a little sweaty in there :ph34r: >

Tis a horrible dull grEy day, drizzling ALL day......Tel's glutened himself -he ate a chicken salad lunchtime at McD's WITHOUT CHECKING!! :angry: ...SO I did lecture him a tad about being complacent (setting a bad example to our son ... blah blah etc :rolleyes: )

<indeed it DOES contain gluten according to their website <_< >

...and have just realised I've forgotten to buy the gluten-free spaghetti for bolognaise tonight :angry:

BAH!!!! ..and other expletives

A two finger salute to celiac disease today!!! <_<

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Good Monday morn, Sills!!!!!!!!! :)

the weather.........OMG the weather......these cool temps are pumping LIFEBLOOD back into me very veins, I am NOT KIDDING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's like I've been in a coma since June :( and now, am FREEZING (was 70 degrees yesterday and me fingers were blue ) :lol: :lol:

I can BREATHE again!! and do this thing called GO OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I should be good until........next June :unsure: and then I need a place to stay for four months, for free............. :lol:

also went off my lexapro - was POISONING me.......ruining me......the worse/more depressed I got, the more I took (not quite at maximum dosage) and so the cycle continued.......was a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE place in my brain, for the last few months :(:angry:

so much to cackle over and comment on :lol:

was Tea shampooing her carpets? with lone dingo thoughts? :lol: must do this soon :angry: I find that getting a *bit* tipsy helps the process along a bit.......

too much to comment on and no time!!

love all yer little things in yer sigs

more later!

xx

flourgirl Apprentice

Heh! "Nocturnal gas".......does it sound anything like "classical gas"? Hum a few bars for me! :P

Hey Jyann-ate! Hurry up and catch up and throw us some psilly!

Manda-Villa......hope things get better soon. The sneaker needs to be taught that what he's doing is indeed illegal!!! And how is he getting access anyway? There should be some controls in place for accessability of your private/priveledged records.

Not sorry to have to "phlap-jack" here. Some of us have "phlat-jacks"......they will never be introduced to my belly-button or knees.....but they may know the back-bone pretty well :rolleyes:

Kurly Lees.....sorry you's is still battlin' wif phoods! Don't get too skinny....ok?

Have a shiny...everybody!

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi all--happy Monday :D

Sooze, I'm so happy that it's getting cooler out there and that you were able to get off the Lexapro! I definately sensed (isn't it amazing how well we get to "know" each other over the years.....even communicating this way) that there was something that was not right. Can't help ya wif the 4 months next year, though.....you'd hate the heat here just as much :P Although, there is a lot to do here and the shopping is devine B)

Speaking of which, it's another warm, clammy, humid, dreary day here <rolleyesstickingoutmetongue> If all goes acording to plan....and when does it ever <_< ......I'm going to spend a couple weeks this fall up in Jersey wif me boys :D:D:D

I think I musta lucked out in the boobage dept.....not the greatest, but not phlap-jackish either. Considering the two kids, it could be worse B)

Rah-schell's kiddos conked out in the car :rolleyes:

Got nuttin else, really....... yes--loving all our new cute sig thingys :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

got no flapjacks here, got no saggers, got nowt but a belly that sticks our further than me boobs.

<_< it 'tain't right, I'm tellin ya.

Padt - I SOOOOOOOOO hear you on the hair......I ponder straightening the under layers of mine.....would do it myself :blink: (have done it before).......SICK OF IT!! TexAss would make my hair REALLY bad.......and I do understand why everyone from Texass always had big hair - the curly-headed ones could nae help it! :lol:

Nikkel - yer hair is at a whole other level - no sense fighting it and 'tis glorious on you, BTW.......but people with straight hair don't even GET how much we hate our stupid curly messes :angry:

MATTRESS WARMERS are divine!!!!!!!! have been using those for - 20 years? Turn it on before you head to bed - bed is TOASTY adn WARM when you get in it!! sooooooo fab -

must get productive today, sills..........not working today and tomorrow........can't just be a slovenly hag and let the day go to waste :ph34r:

love to all Sills, and especially Sir Charles Barkless :wub:

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I should be good until........next June :unsure: and then I need a place to stay for four months, for free............. :lol:

MUST build a guest room for you ....toot sweet!!!! ...you'll just love the sheer bloody drearyness of London :D

Mtndog Collaborator
OMG! I'm seeing pink gorillas, and I haven't touched a drop (yet). B)

I want a witch flying on a broom next to my signature too!!

Nocturnal gas TEE HEE.....methinks I know who passes that in our house!

Amanda- I'm sorry to hear about all you've been going through :( As far as that guy looking at your records- you must report him! It's unethical if not illegal! WTH?

Janet's back (and there's gonna be trouble! Eh la Eh la, our Janet's back!) :P

Leesa- The 50th anniversary party sounded so fun! I'm so glad you got to enjoy! And you had CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachelle- I have massive massive hot tub envy! That would feel so nice!!!!!!!!!!!

GOoOoOooOoOd morning, Psillies!

Phlapjack boobs........yes, 'tis quite accurate, I fear... ... .. <_< Um, I've always wondered why nothing seems to happen to the male appendage in question as the aging process continues, at least nothing like what happens to a woman's boobs. Like our boobs, does it lengthen, flatten, shrink?

Em- your whole post :lol: x 10

How could the male appendage age? Hmm...drooping would be very very bad (Hey- what's that lump in yer pant leg?) unless.......one could develop a support system for this I suppose :P

I agree with Nik's two finger (or in the US one fingered) salute to celiac. My family came over last night and they had the noive to pig out on Chinese food in front of me! I had a yummy dinner (Indian) but not the same. I miss bad but so so so good Chinese food.

I hope Tel feels better soon and doesn't get too grumpy. :(

Pt Deux in a momento............

Mtndog Collaborator

Pt Deux

HI PTAUGHUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you? Hope you're feeling a bit better!

Suzzle- I am so glad you are feeling better!!!!!!!!! YAHOO! About time!

Not sorry to have to "phlap-jack" here. Some of us have "phlat-jacks"......they will never be introduced to my belly-button or knees.....but they may know the back-bone pretty well

Ye- I'm phlat jack too....but my miracle bra says otherwise :lol:

Patti has poifect hair AND boobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classes are going well. I've been feeling a bit better lately (even took Angus for a walk in the woods with Kurt yesterday) but last night I had horrid insomnia from 3-5 am and today my eyeballs are falling outta my head trying to correct papers. Can't complain too much as my eyeballs can at least fall out on the comfort of my own couch.

Making pot roast for dinner- who's coming? I love crockpots- the whole house smells good all day!

psawyer Proficient

I want a witch flying on a broom next to my signature too!!

[img=http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/8_1_223%5B1%5D.gif]

Produces: 8_1_223[1].gif

Which is what c-m has in her sig. :)

Mtndog Collaborator

Thank you Pieter and Rachelle- I think it worked!

I am now the Bride of Frankenstein- sweet!

jerseyangel Proficient

Making pot roast for dinner- who's coming? I love crockpots- the whole house smells good all day!

I guess if you consider tight, frizzy, corkscrew short curls that I stupidly cut too short poiphect, then yeah :lol: I'll give ya the boobs--not poifect, but I'll keep em B)

I'll be up fer dinner around 6. Can we have cider wif our pot roast? :D

Darn210 Enthusiast

I gots me a smiley, too. Thanks for the link whoever found those . . . :D

Amanda . . . turn that guy in. He has no biddness lookin' at your files . . . and if there was some reason that he might need to look at them, I would request (at your docs office) that he be pulled from any work on your case/file since you work with his mom.

elye Community Regular

... . .. and feet! Remember those conversation-stopping tootsies in the gorgeous sandals?

I have, somewhere, a pic of Pahdee's and my boobs.. . . . ....from our Philly Psilly Psummit '08. Must put it up, so we can see another of Pahdt's poifect body parts. B):D

Why, exactly, did we have Mark take a shot of our boobs, Pahteigh? :huh:

Sooooozle! Come and live here with me from May to September! Superb wevvah -- sometimes bloody hot, but it ain't the desert.. .......

Bevel's pot roast. . . ......MmmMmMmMmmMmmm. . . . . ...... :)

I wanna sub-standard poodle smiley/graphic in my sig! Canna find anything remotely close. . . . ... :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient
Why, exactly, did we have Mark take a shot of our boobs, Pahteigh? :huh:

:lol: Gawd Em, I don't remember......I think one of us came up with the hairbrained idea and Mark was more than happy to comply :lol: Come to think of it--not one person in our little group thought it was odd to take a pic of just our boobs :P

I still have it, too--not sure if it's on this computer or the other one. I'll go see if I can find it. For the newbies B)

Archived