This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Sillies

must tell you I love all your new nicknames for me! I love the surprises

Must admit even if John and I choose the fertility route we already discussed things that we would not allow we are not going to be the next John and Amanda plus 6 and no way in hell am I going to be OctoManda.....My Vjay isnt going to be like a log flume and keep spitting out logs~ nope 1 per ride :)

Jess- sorry to hear you have such long days--yikes! Nighty Night

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
curlyfries Contributor
You can make fab Holloween costumes out of heavy-duty Reynolds Wrap.

For cheap. I am the Queen of cheap!

You bet!....When my son was little, we turned him into a Hershey Kiss!

We got John's test results back and he is completely normal!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!

so we are just going to keep trying and hope it works!

Forgot to tell you earlier.......The daughter of friends has been married 8 years, trying for a baby for 3. They stopped trying and are now preggers!

psawyer Proficient
...we are just going to keep trying and hope it works!
Even if it doesn't work, it is a lot of phun trying. B)
DingoGirl Enthusiast
Last Night

Me: What's the pile of jeans doing on your floor?

Smackl: I think they're too small or sumptin.

Me: I want you to try each one of those on and make sure.

This morning

Me: Did you try on any of those jeans?

Smakl: Yeah, most of them don't fit and these were really hard to get all the way on.

Me (after noticing that the jeans fit perfectly): Were you just pulling them on without undoing the button?

Smackl: Yeah

Me: You know that most people actually put on their jeans before they button them.

Smackl (annoyed)

Me: You need to try on all those jeans again with the buttons and zippers undone before you put them on.

Smackl (annoyed and eyes rolling)

GAH!!!! BOYS!!!!

:lol: x 10 LOVED this, J

OOOOHHHHH!!!!!......So that means I could take Peter's boobies and put them in my sig?

Think Scaught would mind?

PLEEZE do it :lol: I'm beggin' ya

not-tagged-smiley-10313.gif

<hee>

*snortle* excellent :lol:

They're hooters.

:o

why yes they are!

Charles just stares at Elsie as she attacks his adored li'l toys, thinking, I am certain, "What in hell is UP with you?... .. These are MY things. Oh, hell, lookit this, she's EATING the damned thing! You are no purebred, baby"... . . .. ....

:o

OMG ! Poor Elsie, vomiting up furry parts! And Charles, does he look bemused while he watches, or just disgusted? How are they getting along? I LOVE THEM :wub:

What's with the kid that can't get his pants on, the dog that eats his buddies animal friens, the wierd card, A NEW AND SOON GRANDCHILDS, and boobs, boobs, and more boobs? What's with all that?

just a regular day in the 'ville, Slooz ;)

glad you're cooking up a storm and....feeling better?

.. . . . ..Whoa.... . .......Elsie just barfed up a fuzzy torso. . . . ......

oh the heinosity

my wee babeh Kit VOMITED for the VERY FIRST TIME the other day........made a HORRIBLE and very eerie howling sound beforehand....gutteral...and then - several chokes and the vomit............he was quite shocked and kept covering it up wiv leaves and stuff......

wait - have I told you guys this already? Gawd, I am so boring :lol:

In the process of drinking a mango Kombucha tea--anyone else drink these? Is there a brand that tastes less like ass than others?

she said TASTES LIKE ASS :lol: :lol:

Um......what is this tea? is it a weight-loss tea? if it's so terrible, why do you drink it?

cause I will do just about ANYTHING at this point to get 10 VERY STUBBORN pounds off :(

can I take some diet drugs? something illegal? I don't care :lol: Will it make me hyper, like Padt's caffeine buzz? :lol: I don't care about that, either

Tired

way tired

started my computer programming class. Day starts at 4am and ends....oh....now, i think.

must set up coffee for tomorrow then start the bedtime routine.

Geoss, this sounds HARD!!! WIH??? what is this class about? and why? I know you talked about taking classes before...is this for your SECOND (or is it third??) master's deg? dear gaaaaaaaaaaawd........the thought of it makes me soooooooo tired........

can anyone find a cute DINGO for me to try and figure out how to put in my sig?

I'm sure I"ll fail :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

ohhhhhhhhhh

Kombucha tea is that wretched MUSHROOM tea (not our Shroomie, though).....

<GAG>

why you drinkin it, Ruh-shelle?

I want a WEIGHT-LOSS beverage or pill.

NOW.

:angry:

Leese.......I like the ideer of yer costume....but have no suggestions as am a dingo brain. :blink:

jerseyangel Proficient
she said TASTES LIKE ASS :lol: :lol:

:lol: she sure did!!! :lol: snort

How long does this buzz last? Am I gonna get any sleep tonight? :lol:

We have the buyer's walkthrough at the house tomorrow. Must be alert.......

curlyfries Contributor

I'll tell you what.......eliminating absolutely ALL sugar is guaranteed weight loss, but oh so hard. Not so bad the second time around, though. I find absolute joy in things like brussel sprouts cooked in lots of butter, or....be still my heart...... sweet potato fries! :P

BTW.....took me 3 days to find a thingy for my sig. Haven't seen any Dingos.

Edit: HARRUMPH!!!! It didn't work! :angry:

Patty-cakes is phunnnnnnyy!!!!! Methinks she's bouncin off the walls. It's gonna be a looooong nite. :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
I'll tell you what.......eliminating absolutely ALL sugar is guaranteed weight loss, but oh so hard.

OMG Leesua--this is SO true!! Since I'm off the sugar and grains, my clothes are getting loose......I found that after the first week or so it got easier and my cravings went away. The first week was hard though--I had headaches and didn't sleep well.

Love fresh brussels sprouts with butter and crumbled crispy bacon (done in microwave to catch all the excess grease.) Never liked the frozen ones--fresh are so much better--and easy.

I love the way I eat now--if I'm hungry, I eat something. :D Just not grains or sugar B) or legumes :P

curlyfries Contributor

I want my dancing happy feet penguin!

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif

Let's see if he stays

curlyfries Contributor
I love the way I eat now--if I'm hungry, I eat something. :D Just not grains or sugar B) or legumes :P

No beans, either? I eat beans but no peas, corn, or carrots. In Houston,when I was spending all day every day at hospitals, I ate tons of nuts (no peanuts) between meals and still lost weight.

jerseyangel Proficient
No beans, either? I eat beans but no peas, corn, or carrots. In Houston,when I was spending all day every day at hospitals, I ate tons of nuts (no peanuts) between meals and still lost weight.

I can't eat beans/legumes--they make me really sick. I do eat nuts (walnuts and almonds) for snacks. I don't do peas (legume) or corn (grain) but I do eat carrots maybe once a week or so. Those are about as starchy as I get, though.

curlyfries Contributor

Patteigh.......go back up to the top of the page before this one. Rachelle got her coffee drinker emoticon working! :lol:

It does feel good eating this way, but I'm gonna miss lasagna and barbeque sauce :(

Sweet potatoes are my one cheat....and only occassionally.....maybe once or twice a month ;)

jerseyangel Proficient
Patteigh.......go back up to the top of the page before this one. Rachelle got her coffee drinker emoticon working! :lol:

:lol: That is SO me!! :lol:

I miss BBQ sauce, too. I get my pasta fix by using spaghetti squash. Also, I do a low carb pizza using shredded zucchini as the "crust"--it's really good (Mark loves it)

I've been wanting to try making zucchini "spaghetti" using long ribbon thin slices. I'm sure that would work for a mock lasagna.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:unsure:

:(

Um, Leesargh and Pad-tea, yer diets sound HAYNUS. :(:(:(

and, I have really gained in teh last months, when a friend send not one but TWO shipments of g f treats and carbs from Mariposa Bakery.....and PLUS I'm drinking chocolate milk every day now :ph34r: new habit, don't ask. and sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night adn drink some more.

:huh:

Gee, wonder why I can't get these stubborn pounds off :lol:

But whaddya put in yer coffee? I drink decaf now, but HAVE to have half-and-half and sugar in it........egads........

:lol: yer gonna have to get a cup in the morning

I'll tell you what.......eliminating absolutely ALL sugar is guaranteed weight loss, but oh so hard. Not so bad the second time around, though. I find absolute joy in things like brussel sprouts cooked in lots of butter, or....be still my heart...... sweet potato fries!

:( I don't know how to quit sugar......entitely..........

CUTE PENGUIN leesargh!!!

I want a dingo..........or a yellow dog?

I love the way I eat now--if I'm hungry, I eat something. Just not grains or sugar or legumes

:unsure:

um......okay.......but what DO you eat? like, for snacks and stuff?

I'm really hungry all the time now, too. <_<

Off to bed now, Weezee is in there waiting for me

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
We got John's test results back and he is completely normal!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!

so we are just going to keep trying and hope it works!

SUCH GOOD NEWS CONGRATS

:lol: she sure did!!! :lol: snort

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW

Patty-cakes is phunnnnnnyy!!!!! Methinks she's bouncin off the walls. It's gonna be a looooong nite. :rolleyes:

MAYBE FOR YOU I'M HITTING THE SACK

I want my dancing happy feet penguin!

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif

Let's see if he stays

i WANT TO KEEP HIM

HE MAKES ME SMILE.

LOVE HIM

OK BIG NEWS.

HOUSE SOLD AT 10:17 TO NITE

GOD WHAT A BLESSING AND RELIEF

Cal-ee-fornia..........here we come.

hugs all

Judy

celiac-mommy Collaborator

SuzieQ

Drastic-but my hubbie decided to go raw-cold turkey. He's lost 60# in less than 2 months. I did it for the first few weeks with him and I lost 8, not too bad, but it's super hard!

The kombucha is a fermented tea with some added puree or juice to mask the ass-like flavor. It smells like a septic tank. It's full of a billion bacteria, majah probiotics. Supposed to promote weight loss, good digestion, good hair and skin, get rid of cancer-blah, blah, blah. Think I will switch to Swoozle Stick's chocolate moo diet!!

and NO I don't have cancer!!!

Heeeere's to the baby-makin! Me hubby just got outta the shower, must go!!! Open Original Shared Link

OK BIG NEWS.

GOD WHAT A BLESSING AND RELIEF

Cal-ee-fornia..........here we come.

hugs all

Judy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

mushroom Proficient
OK BIG NEWS.

Oh Judy, that is such wonderful news. I am relieved beyond words, as I know you must be.

Look out Cali-Forn-Eye-Aye, heeeeeere coooooooomes Joooodeee!!!

Whooppee!!!!

Jestgar Rising Star
OK BIG NEWS.

ICONATOR_504ef4fb6ce09f3ce3303f98dbabb988.gif

YAY JUDY!!

ICONATOR_ec2d28b6733796c522a181d6748c2e1f.gif

ICONATOR_461120ba75f1115e3392d8cdd1c72052.gif

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Yea Judy that's great news and you can move before the cold PA weather begins too!!!!!

Morning everyone else!

I saw the geese flying southbound this morning as I was walking into work....now I know its true summer really is over...

curlyfries Contributor
No beans, either? I eat beans but no peas, corn, or carrots.

Realized later that it probably wasn't clear that I was asking about green beans. I do eat other beans, too. Probably shouldn't, to do the diet right, but they don't seem to bother me.

I do need ideas for more variety, cuz I don't like to fix anything that takes too much effort. I am a lazy cook :rolleyes:

When you get rid off all the grains and sugars, your eating more meat and veggies. I don't get as hungry or crave things nearly as much.

OK BIG NEWS.

YIPPPEEEE!!!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
But whaddya put in yer coffee? I drink decaf now, but HAVE to have half-and-half and sugar in it........egads........

:( I don't know how to quit sugar......entitely..........

I use half and half in my tea (and coffee now, too :P ), but no sugar. I always used to use sugar, but as for how to quit it, I just one day stopped using it. I went cold turkey on the sugar and flour. Makes for a dicey few days, but I'm not kidding, at the end of the first week the cravings go away. I didn't think it was possible either ;)

The kicker is that you don't feel hungry all the time--when you're eating a lot of carbs (especially the sweet things like baked goods and sugar) you do feel hungry because it's a vicious cycle.

So very happy and excited fer you and Jim!!!! :D

The kombucha is a fermented tea with some added puree or juice to mask the ass-like flavor. It smells like a septic tank.

Holy Toledo :o Life is too short :lol:

How'd the baby makin' go? B)

I saw the geese flying southbound this morning as I was walking into work....now I know its true summer really is over...

Yep--a sure sign of fall up there. I miss the October geese honkin' :rolleyes:

When you get rid off all the grains and sugars, your eating more meat and veggies. I don't get as hungry or crave things nearly as much.

This--plus, I eat more fat (good fat) in the form of nuts, some butter, some dairy, and olive oil. These things make you feel satisfied longer, plus do not spike your blood sugar or cause an insulin rush. Insulin is what is responsible for storing fat--sugar is the enemy here, not dietary fats ;)

Leesiugha--I can't do green beans either :angry: I would eat them if I could, but all legumes cause a reaction for me that is even worse than gluten. My digestion seems to work so much better and more comfortably without the starch.

jerseyangel Proficient

And....note to self--do not drink coffee after say, noon! :lol: I was awake last night until after 2AM, awake again at 4:10 and then was able to actually sleep till 8. <yawn>

How'd the baby makin' go? B)

Open Original Shared Link

:lol::lol::lol:

ranger Enthusiast

Tried that Kombucha Tea years ago. It looked horrible, It smelled rotten, and it tasted worse. Drank it for about a week -decided I'd rather be dead!

What a good, dreary Ohio day.

Judy sold her house! the nightmare is over. Congrats!

Mandy and John gots swimmers! Congrats to youse two's! Soon to be 3...or 4?

Don't drink coffee after 9 am -otherwise get wired and am tempted to clean sumptin. Shudder!

Going to go make some wine mushroom sauce for tonights salmon. Later.

Sloozy

ps -My John (I call him Jon for short) can't even float. Thank God!

Archived