This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

Just made a gluten-free pizza--been craving it all day--it's phinally in the oven.

Made the sauce from scratch, remembered that I phorgot to get the mozzarella dang cheese and had to run to Kroger. Got home and made the dough using the usual 15 million ingredients. While the dough was rising, cleaned up the mixing bowl, beaters, measuring cups/spoons, pan from sauce, front of me shirt where the dough flew off the beaters, the counters, the stove, and put away what was left of 12 million ingredients.

8 minutes to go.....I need wine :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Just made a gluten-free pizza--been craving it all day--it's phinally in the oven.

Made the sauce from scratch, remembered that I phorgot to get the mozzarella dang cheese and had to run to Kroger. Got home and made the dough using the usual 15 million ingredients. While the dough was rising, cleaned up the mixing bowl, beaters, measuring cups/spoons, pan from sauce, front of me shirt where the dough flew off the beaters, the counters, the stove, and put away what was left of 12 million ingredients.

Holy crap, Patteigh.. . . .between you and Rah-shyellle re-doing her bathroom, publishing a cookbook, saving patients' lives and turning the heads of gorgeous doctors. . . ...... .I feel SUCH the loser! <_<:rolleyes:

Well, I DID go and pick up a blouse for my mom that contains the same brown as the beige in her eyebrow sharpie shade.. . ....now THAT was somethin'.... . ..

This is the psilly thread, but I canna help bringing up the horrific oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.. . . .:(....I am sick with worry and... .. anger or....something... .. . .. ..Paghteigh, you're right in that neck o' the woods... . . ..it's just so... . .... . ..frightening... . .

Okay, back to psilliness... .. . ...hadda mention this.. . . ....CONTINUE!

Jestgar Rising Star

Holy crap, Patteigh.. . . .between you and Rah-shyellle re-doing her bathroom, publishing a cookbook, saving patients' lives and turning the heads of gorgeous doctors. . . ...... .I feel SUCH the loser! <_<:rolleyes:

Hey!! I got the chemical spill fish stew!! Why aren't I in your list of awesomeness there?? :angry::angry: :angry:

jerseyangel Proficient

This is the psilly thread, but I canna help bringing up the horrific oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.. . . .:(....I am sick with worry and... .. anger or....something... .. . .. ..Paghteigh, you're right in that neck o' the woods... . . ..it's just so... . .... . ..frightening... . .

I know Em, it was just horrific. :(

Hey!! I got the chemical spill fish stew!! Why aren't I in your list of awesomeness there?? :angry::angry: :angry:

<clothespinovermenose> hee!

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

soooooo tiiiirrrreeedddd..... Has no psills here. just tv and pasta and bed. Hopefully be awake tomorrow. Nite!

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Bathroom is almost done. Will have to do some touch-up tomorrow, my back hurts too bad tonight <_< Going to watch the Blind Side now and rest.

You work with a sexy doctor who loves you and you have a hot chiro. Oh you poor thing.

Had SCADS of fun at the club last night, only thing I could drink was rum & seltzer, but it worked!!! I can't BELIEVE I'm not hungover. We got home at 5am!!!

:P :P

Glad you had so much fun, cannae believe you're not hungover!!

Made the sauce from scratch, remembered that I phorgot to get the mozzarella dang cheese and had to run to Kroger.

That's what I had for dinner too, but you just shoulda gone cheese-less like me, coulda had more time to drink the wine!! ;)

I'm gonna go start (and finish) my pint of cherry amaretto coconut ice cream :huh:

I feel SUCH the loser! <_<:rolleyes:

Well, I DID go and pick up a blouse for my mom that contains the same brown as the beige in her eyebrow sharpie shade.. . ....now THAT was somethin'.... . ..

Pseriously----You take care of your healing mama plus yer family and everything else, AND pick out the perfect blouse in the perfect shade of sharpie--YOU'RE the amazing one!!!!!

-_- Praying for everyone and everything affected by the grease bomb in the gulf!!

Tis amazing yer still alive! :lol: :lol: I can't WAIT to meet your awesomeness! 18 days!! Do they have wodka at Ivars??

soooooo tiiiirrrreeedddd..... Has no psills here. just tv and pasta and bed. Hopefully be awake tomorrow. Nite!

Get the to bed young lady! ;) You should be tired!

kareng Grand Master

Ahhhhhh....{blushing} :wub: :wub:

Walls and ceiling are done, back breaking wainscoting next <_<

Our house was built in 1914, so we are trying to remodel (one room at a time) with the history of the 100 year old craftsman style in mind. I HATE the tiny white hex-tiles, but hubby loves them so very much, I conceded. Problem is, once I pull up all the plastic over the tiles, I will have to spend the better part of the day tomorrow scrubbing the blackest black grout off of said white tiles. He tried--probably did most of the hard work, but I think I should probably make an appt with my hot chiropractor on Monday :rolleyes:

Love tile,,, Hate grout! Got disgusted with some of mine & dies/ painted it. Great product.

Had SCADS of fun at the club last night, only thing I could drink was rum & seltzer, but it worked!!! I can't BELIEVE I'm not hungover. We got home at 5am!!!

Glad you had fun. I could never stay up that late!

I just had the best gluten-free pizza from Waldo Pizza. So lucky to have this place.

Want to go wash duckies with Dawn detergent but am still needed here at home. Makes me sick to think of all that nastiness in the water.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

Tis amazing yer still alive! :lol: :lol: I can't WAIT to meet your awesomeness! 18 days!! Do they have wodka at Ivars??

oh yeah! Will I recognize you by the paint smears on your clothes? :P Maybe you should post the shade on da book so I can find you.

Jestgar Rising Star

I am so setting my house on fire....Open Original Shared Link

elye Community Regular

DD just sent this link to DH and I, saying that she could not believe that there is such a product out there, that it looks legit and that if it is, she is ordering me one for my birthday. I wonder if it really works? Because yes, I could REALLY use this... . .

Open Original Shared Link

I am so setting my house on fire....Open Original Shared Link

....Whoa.. . ......I am SO putting myself into a state of unconsciousness.. . . this would be better than a house fire, as firefighters are the first responders to a medical 911 call 'round here, and rescue breathing would definitely be a part of the protocol.. . .. 'twould be easy and safe to get to me, and I wouldn't be covered in soot and ash... . . ...I'd just, y'know.....look better... .. ....<_<:lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Nope, tis nuttin amazin about making a pizza--I was just suddenly struck at the production is has become. I couldn't help remembering the old days when all I did was call Domino's....

oh yeah! Will I recognize you by the paint smears on your clothes? :P Maybe you should post the shade on da book so I can find you.

i actually have a nice white streak right down the middle of my head :rolleyes:

Jestgar Rising Star

i actually have a nice white streak right down the middle of my head :rolleyes:

Well, I'll be the one being followed around by the fire department and the chemical sniffing dogs....

DD just sent this link to DH and I, saying that she could not believe that there is such a product out there, that it looks legit and that if it is, she is ordering me one for my birthday. I wonder if it really works? Because yes, I could REALLY use this... . .

Open Original Shared Link

....Whoa.. . ......I am SO putting myself into a state of unconsciousness.. . . this would be better than a house fire, as firefighters are the first responders to a medical 911 call 'round here, and rescue breathing would definitely be a part of the protocol.. . .. 'twould be easy and safe to get to me, and I wouldn't be covered in soot and ash... . . ...I'd just, y'know.....look better... .. ....<_<:lol:

Ooo, ooo!! I has a firefighter story! A week after my 18th birthday, we were in Florida (hate florida) and we got in a bad car accident, got rear-ended by a big truck and slammed into another truck in front of us. So my glasses shattered and sliced my face up and I had whiplash and the seatbelt sliced my poor little left breast. We were sitting outside waiting for the ambulance, and my buddy was trying to clean me up (I was the only one bleeding), and when the ambulance got there, they had me STAND UP AND WALK to the ambulance. Yeah, don't get in a car accident in Florida!! I'm bleeding from the head and they have me walk! So, I passed out about two steps later, and I come to almost immediately, there's a big, muscley, huge firefighter CARRYING me! Of course I couldn't see his face without my (busted) glasses, but the rest of him was quite nice!! I only weighed a 110 lbs at the time, so I suppose it wasn't some grand feat, but it felt like it!! The really amazing part was that I could'nt even feel his feet hitting the ground. It felt like we were floating. I almost swooned again! Don't suppose I looked very appealing, what with the blood and all..... :angry:

jerseyangel Proficient

Gads Bunnie--how scary! Except, of course, fer the cute firefighter.......

curlyfries Contributor

I have a red lacy tank top... that has cleavage!

Is THAT all one needs to get cleavage???? :o

I gotta get me one o' THOSE!!!! ;)

An overused but totally fitting comment to this......

I know, right?

Another dancing weekend.....barely recovered from the last one.....dunno what's up with me legs.

Was gonna cost $75 a person, but I have connections B) Was able to help out with the event and get us both in for free!!!

Also got some awesome dance shoes, seein as how mine were falling apart....the right heel collapsed every time I stepped down on it <_<

(Had to pay for those, of course)

Doesn't look like we're dancing today, though. Hubby is in pain from a nasty infection on his stump (I know, serious issue) and I may need to spend the day soaking me legs in a hot tub......wish I had a ho' tub.

curlyfries Contributor

Waaay too much work for pizza!

Friday, I got home from work, fed the aminals, changed clothes, put together a pizza, baked it, and was out the door and heading to the dance 30 minutes later ;)

Waaay too much work for pizza!

Friday, I got home from work, fed the aminals, changed clothes, put together a pizza, baked it, and was out the door and heading to the dance 30 minutes later ;)

Well, aren't you special!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Hubby is in pain from a nasty infection on his stump (I know, serious issue)

Sorry to hear this, Leesiugh. Hope Brian is ok. Youse guys take care :wub:

How you do dat? :unsure:

Mtndog Collaborator

Hello Sweet Ladies (and the occasional gent)- So much to comment on!

Yippee! PadT will be around more :D

I turn around to face the mostest drop dead gorgeous Dr. I've ever seen--tall, dark and beyond handsome. He was so happy I'd gotten there so fast and I was so happy to look at him B)

[brooklyn accent] How you doin'?? :P

Oh yah :D How YOU doing?

Patti made a pizza, had some vino and danced around the Maypole !!!!!

Gawd, yes... . . ......like, very insidiously...inside a glass that is beside me, hidden under some ice, completely cross-contaminating the slice of lime.... . . . ya gotta really watch...

I hate it when gluten just shows up like that....the freaking nerve!

Buns had phun and no hangover! Bunnie- you're a mad woman. The last time I saw 5 am it was cause I was waking up (4 hours earlier than I wanted to)!

Actually, my sister and nieces stayed over last night and the 4 year old woke me up at 6:00 this morning (we all slept in my room like a proper pj party). "Aunt Bev, WAKE UP!!!!! Your snoring is scaring me :lol::o:lol:

Holy crap, Patteigh.. . . .between you and Rah-shyellle re-doing her bathroom, publishing a cookbook, saving patients' lives and turning the heads of gorgeous doctors. . . ...... .I feel SUCH the loser!

I must say, there is not a loser in this thread- y'all are the most striking, incredible, strong and beautiful peeps inside and out! :wub: :wub:

Jess- Hurry up and set your house on fire!!!!!! Man oh man! I think I need to stop breathing too! Yowza!

Em's problems in the marriage bed solution :lol: x10

So, I passed out about two steps later, and I come to almost immediately, there's a big, muscley, huge firefighter CARRYING me! Of course I couldn't see his face without my (busted) glasses, but the rest of him was quite nice!! I only weighed a 110 lbs at the time, so I suppose it wasn't some grand feat, but it felt like it!! The really amazing part was that I could'nt even feel his feet hitting the ground. It felt like we were floating. I almost swooned again! Don't suppose I looked very appealing, what with the blood and all.....

Bunnie that sounds scary, but what a lovely way to wake up!

Doesn't look like we're dancing today, though. Hubby is in pain from a nasty infection on his stump (I know, serious issue) and I may need to spend the day soaking me legs in a hot tub......wish I had a ho' tub.

Oh Lisa- hoping it will heal and go away VERY quickly.

I cannot believe the oil spill in the Gulf. Kurt is in New Orleans right now and he said you can smell it. He's pretty panicked actually because they declared a state of emergency and New Orleans is no stranger to mayhem. :( They say it's the worst spill since Valdez.

On a happier note, me sis and nieces are having another slumber party tonight. Last night was manicure pedicure night (I currently have pink and green nails painted by a 4 year old. Tonight is "makeup" night. Judging by last night's results, I'm pretty sure I'm glad it's NOT being done by Sharpies :lol:

Em- How is your mom doing?

elye Community Regular

I cannot believe the oil spill in the Gulf. Kurt is in New Orleans right now and he said you can smell it. He's pretty panicked actually because they declared a state of emergency and New Orleans is no stranger to mayhem. :( They say it's the worst spill since Valdez.

It is SOoOooOo horrific.. . . ......and sad. Canna stop thinking about it. Would love to go down there and clean up some poor li'l birds... . . ...Actually, DH and I were planning on going to New Orleans in early July, but I just dunno now... . . guess we'll have to see. This is a disaster the likes of which, on a global scale, we will perhaps have never seen.. . ..... .

On a happier note, me sis and nieces are having another slumber party tonight. Last night was manicure pedicure night (I currently have pink and green nails painted by a 4 year old. Tonight is "makeup" night. Judging by last night's results, I'm pretty sure I'm glad it's NOT being done by Sharpies :lol:

:lol: Bevel! I SO wanna come to your sleepover parties! Man, do they sound phun. Use the sharpies!! Great effects, and they STAY!!

My mom is doing quite well. Dunno if she is continuing to improve cognitively.. . ......I think so, but it is a slow process. She is almost back to normal, but her short-term memory waxes and wanes... ... . ..she sometimes struggles with a thought or word. She will hopefully be going into rehab next week, and they can really start to work on things. Her vision is now not good, and she is an AVID reader, bridge player, puzzle-doer .. ... .. ....I'm praying thar it will improve enough that she can still do these things, and/or that the pros can do something with her glasses to help her see what is in the big "blank" spots....they can do amazing things these days!

Thanks for askin', guys, and for keeping us in yer thoughts.. . ...!

mushroom Proficient

I wanna buy a cleavage top like Bunnie's!!!! :lol:

Bevel's slumber parties- I wanna come!! :) , I need a pedicure so bad :rolleyes:

Leesargh's dancin' feet - pity her legs don't follow suit ;)

But Boo on Brian's stump :( - you all take care of that, ya hear?

Wonder wimmen and their 10-minute pizzas :blink:

Stud firemen :D

Gulf oil spill :( X100

Emmel's mom - praying for her eyesight to return :)

It's been a long while since I last felt a Shroomie story coming on, but this one just popped out so I'm gonna bore y'all wif it.

I am reading this book for our bookclub, Mr Allbones Ferrets. It's an historical novel (yeah, I know, a NOVEL about ferrets, but wait!) It's by a New Zealand author because there is a Kiwi connection here. You see, the good folks of the British Isles when they migrated needed to bring their bunny rabbits with them to remind them of home (and give them some sport game to shoot too, I guess) since the only mammals on these isles when they arrived was a bat, and a mangy type of dog the Maori brought with them when they migrated from the great Hawaiki. So of course, with only birds of prey like the harrier hawk (and not many of them because most of our birds didn't have to fly because of no predators, and they lost the ability to fly--well, especially the big, heavy ones, and I don't think the moa ever did fly (at least I hope not, it would blot out the sun :o , it was a flipping dinosaur :lol: ) - back to the story here - there was nothing to eat the bunnies which did what bunnies do everywhere, which is breed and breed and breed. So now the place is crawling with bunnies, (and none of them have cleavage) and they can't shoot them fast enough and everyone is breaking their ankles in bunnie burrows and they have to find a way to get rid of them. FERRETS!!!! Y.e.e.s.s.!!!

So Mr. Allbones is assigned the task of gathering 100 assorted ferrets, weasels and stoats every week by Mr. Prick of the mansion, who owns the woods where Mr. Allbones makes his livin' poaching rabbits and ferrets and the like, to feed his family, using the ferrets to go into the burrows to flush the bunnies who run out into the nets he has set. (Sorry about that, Bunnie) Now the boy ferrets is called hobs, and the female ferrets, I kid you not, is called sluts. So here is Mr. Allbones, poaching his catch on Mr. Prick's land in the dead of night, and keeping his hobs and sluts that he finds, buys, steals or otherwise obtains, in separate barrels of shavings just inside the door. Now how many mens do you know wouldn't mind having a barrel of sluts just inside the door, and all he has to do is feed them occasional mice, and they are there to do his bidding? :lol: So I hasn't finished the book yet and won't bore you all with the rest of the tale, but couldn't resist this part... Sorry... Resume your normal programming.

curlyfries Contributor

:huh:

Mr. Prick owns sluts??????

:lol::lol::lol:

Gads Bunnie--how scary! Except, of course, fer the cute firefighter.......

Every time a fire alarm goes off at the hospital, the local fire department always sends a truck. Now MY neighborhood firefighters are not much to look at, but I'm telling ya, women come from all over the hospital to see these guys when they arrive. I've never seen such a big group of Yum-Yum's (as my papa used to say) :P If my house was in that neighborhood, I'd be setting sumphin on fire! :D

Was gonna cost $75 a person, but I have connections B) Was able to help out with the event and get us both in for free!!!

Also got some awesome dance shoes, seein as how mine were falling about....the right heel collapsed evry time I stepped down on it <_<

(Had to pay for those, of course)

Phree is a phabulous price!! Enjoy yer new dancin shoes! I got the new Reebok easytoners today, they pheel amazing!

That stump betteh heal phast! Stump infections cannae be a good thing.... :unsure:

So Mr. Allbones is assigned the task of gathering 100 assorted ferrets, weasels and stoats every week by Mr. Prick of the mansion, who owns the woods where Mr. Allbones makes his livin' poaching rabbits and ferrets and the like, to feed his family, using the ferrets to go into the burrows to flush the bunnies who run out into the nets he has set. (Sorry about that, Bunnie) Now the boy ferrets is called hobs, and the female ferrets, I kid you not, is called sluts. So here is Mr. Allbones, poaching his catch on Mr. Prick's land in the dead of night, and keeping his hobs and sluts that he finds, buys, steals or otherwise obtains, in separate barrels of shavings just inside the door. Now how many mens do you know wouldn't mind having a barrel of sluts just inside the door, and all he has to do is feed them occasional mice, and they are there to do his bidding? :lol: So I hasn't finished the book yet and won't bore you all with the rest of the tale, but couldn't resist this part... Sorry... Resume your normal programming.

Pricks and sluts, what a book...... :blink::lol: :lol: :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

So here is Mr. Allbones, poaching his catch on Mr. Prick's land in the dead of night, and keeping his hobs and sluts that he finds, buys, steals or otherwise obtains, in separate barrels of shavings just inside the door.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I love a good Shroomie story :D

Archived