This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

Jewelry is better, you can change it around.

I agree B)

What if the mods plus each other? Is that bad?

I don't know...let's try it and see. :unsure:

Intermoderational plussing :o :o :o

I'm getting the vapors just thinkin' about it :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast

Oh baby- I just plussed you to the max :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol: . . . that just sounds so baaaaadddddd!!! . . . I plussed you for it.

. . . all this prolific plussing . . . tis titillating . . . :lol:

Patti has the vapors . . . :lol::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Jan-it said "titillating" :P

kareng Grand Master

Intermoderational plussing :o :o :o

That is a very large and important sounding word. It caused me, a lowly member to plus all the mods present. And I liked it! My hub is away at Boy Scout Camp, also. So I have to plus somebody.

elye Community Regular

Plussing Psillies! :lol:

My hub is away at Boy Scout Camp, also. So I have to plus somebody.

Yes, mine also... .. . ....I wish that the plus button were press-able with so many others in my life, beyond this phorum. The odd student of mine who makes my day, our mailman who tolerates the incessant barking of the dogs each time he approaches, that nice little man who bags my groceries with amazing diligence... . ...no plus buttons around 'em. I'll just have to start yelling "PLUS!" to them with a big, appreciative smile on my face.

I wonder if my mailman or my Kenyan student would merit constant plus hits from posters here? It's one thing to throw mail through a door slot and conjugate verbs into the past perfect... . . .....but generating plus feedback on here? A completely different ball game.... . .. ..

:lol:

WHOA. I am at a 20 plus count. :blink:B)

I am certain that this is the first time I have ever had an excellent reputation - - in ANYTHING. <_<:lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

I do try to plus people IRL. My technician gets piles of chocolate. Also the girl in the next bay. I once followed a biostats lecture online without being registered for it and the instructor was so good I emailed her a big thank you. I went up to my math teacher and told him he does a fabulous job explaining things - much better than the book. When my boss was acting like a human I used to give him chocolate.

I'm all for plussing people.

kareng Grand Master

Morning all! Nothing silly about the weather - hot and sticky!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Happy Saturday and plusses to all!

Gonna be a hot one here today--we had a few days of rain and the clouds kept the temperatures down but now it's back to reality....

Must get to grocery store before the heat of the afternoon. B)

Darn210 Enthusiast

Cleaning and laundry . . . boo hiss . . . trying to "teach" proper cleaning to the chidlins . . . boo hiss.

However . . . the watermelon I bought yesterday is quite yummy . . . and almost gone . . . boo hiss

Not much else going on . . . I feel so . . . nonplussed.

curlyfries Contributor

Anyone got a tattoo on the back of yer neck? Trying to phigure out where to place mine and I think that is what I'm leaning towards. Now trying to phigure out how bad that will hurt. Maybe I shall poke myself a few times there with a sterilized pin and see how it pheels :unsure::ph34r:

My DD has one there....cat's eyes and whiskers. I know she said it was more sensitive because there's no fatty tissue there, but I don't know the extent of the pain.

Hi Jan-knit!!!! You was needed a while back to find something in the archives, but I can nae remember what it was :unsure:

I keep missing all the plussing orgies parties! <_<

Do I have to say something witty to get plussed?......cuz I'm not feeling very witty at the moment. I see I have 4, no... 5 points, ( how'd I get one whilst I was all alone?) but I think those are just pitty plusses. I could plus meself, I guess, but it's just not the same.

jerseyangel Proficient

A plus fer you, Leesigh :)

Darn210 Enthusiast

I could plus meself, I guess, but it's just not the same.

Perhaps you should get some advice from Jess . . . I think she's pretty good at it . . . EXCELLENT even.

Are you going to the picnic? We won't be able to this year . . . someone else will have a shot at one of the door prizes (for everyone else, Skeeter has won a door prize at this picnic that past two years . . . she's beginning to feel entitled).

curlyfries Contributor

A plus fer you, Leesigh :)

:D

Thanks Patteigh!

Can I just whine a little bit?

See......for a year, now, my DD and her family have been living with us, and we've been basically supporting them....buying most of the groceries, not charging rent. We don't have much money, but we're doing OK. It's not been too bad, and I love seeing the baby every day. I understand how hard it is for my son-in-law to find a job in this economy.

Then there's my brother. He has a job, but changes in the company has lowered his pay. This year he has been diagnosed with diabetes, had his van repossessed (bought a clunker), and lost his apartment (moved into a hotel). I help him when I can, which isn't much. I have fed him, loaned him money, helped him move, taken him in for a couple of days, driven 1/2 hour to jump his car, taken him to the grocery........ And a few years ago he lived with us for almost a year.

So I was so excited because a friend sold my antique sewing machine at her garage sale, and it's almost enough to pay for a metal clay class.....it's been on my bucket list for a few years, now.

Then today my brother calls. He mentions how little money he has but doesn't actually ask for any, and I'm not going to offer if he doesn't have the balls to ask.

And I don't want to give up my chance at this class.

So now I feel guilty. I don't want to feel guilty, but I do.

End of whine

curlyfries Contributor

Are you going to the picnic? We won't be able to this year . . . someone else will have a shot at one of the door prizes (for everyone else, Skeeter has won a door prize at this picnic that past two years . . . she's beginning to feel entitled).

Yes, I'm going. Brian may have to work, though.

Darn, sorry I'll miss you this year! :(

kareng Grand Master

So I was so excited because a friend sold my antique sewing machine at her garage sale, and it's almost enough to pay for a metal clay class.....it's been on my bucket list for a few years, now.

Then today my brother calls. He mentions how little money he has but doesn't actually ask for any, and I'm not going to offer if he doesn't have the balls to ask.

End of whine

I know how you feel. My sis, her hub and grown daughter & her 2 babies drive me nuts. Bil and niece do stuff like quit jobs they don't like without another lined up. They had no car for months, so that makes it hard to work. Fortunately, my sis was able to ride with someone in the office. Niece was preggers with the 2nd kid. BIL could have walked about a mile to Walmart or the large hardware store that were both hiring at least for the Xmas season. They could just get by on sis's salary but would have been good for earning a downpayment on a car. Dad of the babies only works occasionally. Finally, my parents got tired of worrying about the car, that they gave them the down payment. 2 of the 3 previous cars have been my parents old cars they have given them. I and my parents have helped them in the past. My parents or I could have bought them a nice car or made house payments but we didn't because: They are all grown-ups choosing to do grown-up things. If we keep supporting them, they will never learn. Also, if they had really been trying (working at McDs and Walmart) & needed the help because the furnace died ot something that would be different.

Anyway, You sold something nice of yours to get something you have really been wanting. You worked hard for that. You should not feel guilty using that money for your class. You should feel guilty if you sold it to pay the mortgage and didn't.

jerseyangel Proficient

Anyway, You sold something nice of yours to get something you have really been wanting. You worked hard for that. You should not feel guilty using that money for your class.

I agree with this, Leeisugh, and was going to say the same thing.

kareng Grand Master

Hey Patti- I see on realitytea dot com that Jersey Housewife Theresa's NJ house is in foreclosure. That would be a nice house for you.

elye Community Regular

I know she said it was more sensitive because there's no fatty tissue there, but I don't know the extent of the pain.

Hell, I must get a tattoo across my stomach or arse.. . ...t'would be painless. <_<

I know that I, were I in this situation, would also be feeling guilt, Leeeesargh... . . .. ..I am notoriously hard on myself and feel guilt and regret chronically. So, I will tell you what everyone around me says when I am feeling guilt inappropriately: You have nothing to be feeling guilty about. You did the right thing.

You actually are doing your bro a favoUr by refusing to enable him. You are a good sister! :)

Jestgar Rising Star

End of whine

It is kindness and love that motivates you to help these people. Your daughter, her husband, your brother, are all adults and are all capable of taking care of themselves.

I understand the mom-motivation for taking care of your daughter, but you should seriously consider charging them rent, or expecting them to buy all the groceries or something. Is it that your SIL can't find a job? Or can't find one that he thinks is appropriate for him? If it's the second one, then they should definitely be paying for their stay. We (all of us elderly folk on this board :P) have done things that we thought were beneath us in order to survive. I would have lived in my car before moving back in with my parents, but then, I didn't have a baby to consider either. Your kids should work, even if it's at McD's.

As for your brother, you have zero, none, no obligation to help him. If things get desperate for him he can move into your garage or something, but you have no reason to think you should be giving him money. Does he not make enough to cover his expenses? Or is he very poor at money management? Couldn't he move into a shared house to lower his living expenses? Get a second job (flipping burgers at McDs with his Nephew in law :P )? Maybe you could help him by teaching him to budget, or job hunt.

I do realize that there are some very difficult situations out there, where people truly have no options, but I think those are rare. I think that most people get into trouble by closing off their options, and only seeing what they don't have, not what they could have.

Take the class. It's not like you've had a carefree life and this is just one more foolish indulgence - you have earned this.

Jestgar Rising Star

I could plus meself, I guess, but it's just not the same.

Perhaps you should get some advice from Jess . . . I think she's pretty good at it . . . EXCELLENT even.

Tis quite a pleasure actually. You can do it alone, or with someone special near you. Try putting on some music you really enjoy. Maybe light a few candles, and then, just........go for it! You'll be so happy when you achieved excellence! You'll want to do it over and over again! Just don't forget the pleasures of plussing other people. We all need variety, after all.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hey Patti- I see on realitytea dot com that Jersey Housewife Theresa's NJ house is in foreclosure. That would be a nice house for you.

That house would be big enough for all of us psillies put together!

Tis quite a pleasure actually. You can do it alone, or with someone special near you. Try putting on some music you really enjoy. Maybe light a few candles, and then, just........go for it! You'll be so happy when you achieved excellence! You'll want to do it over and over again! Just don't forget the pleasures of plussing other people. We all need variety, after all.

I like to put on a little Barry White.....

curlyfries Contributor

My daughter works, but has too many bills.....bad money management on her part. But she is working on getting them paid off. One reason I am helping as much as I am.

Son-in-law is stubborn about the job searching.....thinks some jobs are beneath him....feels it's a waste of time....nobody will hire him......blah blah. But my daughter pushes and nags and makes him do it regularly. He is in the National Guard and he does find side jobs in his preferred field, arranging music.

I know we should expect more from them, but they are not spending money frivilously. And the more we help now, the sooner they can get caught up.

My brother has made poor choices in the past....quitting jobs before finding a new one.....and I'm sure has contributed to his situation, now. He spent so much time trying to dig himself out of a hole. Now he finally has a job he likes, but when his income took a hit, he couldn't recover.

curlyfries Contributor

<in my best southern drawl>

My, my....I do believe I'm blushing! :P

Jestgar Rising Star

It's a lot easier to make poor choices if you know someone will rescue you. I still think the only help you should offer your brother is teaching him to manage things better. Digging yourself out of holes teaches you to avoid them in the future.

Your decision to help your daughter makes sense. You feel like she's beginning to act like an adult and you want to encourage that. I would still make them pay rent, but you could have it be by putting money into a college fund for the baby. Even if it's only $10 a month, they'll be aware that what you are doing is nice, not an obligation.

kareng Grand Master

Ahh! I just plussed everyone! Feel a strange need for a cigarette! ;)

Archived