This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

Keep the plussing to a minimum until I get back.

We'll try and contain ourselves. Somebody keep an eye on Em.... :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast

Sitting in tents with a bunch of thirteen year-old boys, no ipods, DVD players.... . ......just each other.. ....GAH. :o

THAT'S what they make you do in Hell!!!

Making only Ramen noodles and oreos for breakfast.

Is there a problem with this???

I'm holding another as yet unphrootphul open house.....

Did I tell ya'll that the wee bird is still making appearances at my bathroom window? He usually shows up in the morning, and pecks on the glass. I stood right there and watched him and it didn't faze him a bit. He's really pretty--light brown wif a bright orange beak. :D

Maybe the bird would like to buy yer house?? I'd make sure he was prequalified, though.

Em's a plustitute . . . :lol::lol: . . . actually, you weren't plussing a complete stranger for something in exchange were you?? No, I don't think you're a plustitute . . . you're just a pl-hussy.

Jestgar Rising Star

Em's a pl-hussy.

:lol: :lol:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

M's troop says that moms are welcome at camp or overnight camping trips. However, they tell you that this is a male event and it's not the same with moms around. Moms do not like some of the things like camping with no actual latrines. Making only Ramen noodles and oreos for breakfast. Our group let's them plan food and suffer the consequences.

Hey, just recently i got the ramen noodles from Thai Kitchen that are gluten free. And they taste JUST like normal ramen noodles!! I was so happy. Course, it's not cheap like normal ramen.......

kareng Grand Master

I have survived the Ozarkian jungle of Osceola, Missosuri. The weather was, surprisingly, quite pleasant. They had a big booming thunderstorm at midnight last night. Not enough tents nor space in the leaders cabin, so Hub and 2 other dads slept under an awning. Normally, this affords a guy with the best breeze. They managed to stay mostly dry.

My son says that the key to a good stay at Boy Scout Camp is to go on as many "outposts" as possible. These are extra activities that occur over the suppertime. You miss dinner at the mess hall (no mystery meat and glowing lemon pudding). Instead, you have a fun activity like frisbee golf or gun shooting. They then make you food. Last night he had a delicious beef stew with cheesy onion biscuits. Others outpost meals are grilled burgers, chili Mac with cornbread, apple cobbler, ice cream, etc.

Will post a pic tomorrow on da book.

kareng Grand Master

Hey, just recently i got the ramen noodles from Thai Kitchen that are gluten free. And they taste JUST like normal ramen noodles!! I was so happy. Course, it's not cheap like normal ramen.......

I will try them with M when he gets back. The problem with the kids eating them is that they do not add any meat or extra veggies to them and then are hungry 1 hour later. This is called a learning experience. I think what they learn is to follow my Matt's meal plans and let M cook. One time every group got tubes of Cinnamon rolls to cook. Every group tried to cook them on a grill or in a frying pan. Only M's group put them in a Dutch oven, covered and cooked to perfection. Only M's group had breakfast. If you need to cook over a fire, I can send him to you.

Jestgar Rising Star

I completed my biannual dig through my bedroom. Damn I have a lot of clothes. Someone should explain to me the process of cleaning one's closet, as I don't seem to be able to accomplish it. I just keep adding. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

I completed my biannual dig through my bedroom. Damn I have a lot of clothes. Someone should explain to me the process of cleaning one's closet, as I don't seem to be able to accomplish it. I just keep adding. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Well, don't look to me for advice. I purposely didn't put a huge closet in this house because I was going to "pare down" as it were. :rolleyes: Well, I have pared down the clothes that I actually wear, but when it comes to getting rid of the ones that I don't I'm totally useless. "Well, I'm going to lose weight, so I will need that!" and unwilling to try that on in case it doesn't fit "Damn, what does that say?"" And as for that big box of shoes that I shipped from CA 8 years ago, part of my former 'working' wardrobe as I recall, well, who knows when I might need something in there, and it's a good resting place for things I don't want to hang up.... You get the idea. DON'T LOOK TO ME FOR HELP!!!

Jestgar Rising Star

and let's not ever become room mates. :P

mushroom Proficient

Goodeffins, no! I don't need any help like that :P

Now I'm off to bed with dreams that my closet will restore itself overnight into things that fit, that I wear, and all the other stuph will mysteriously disappear by the time I awake :D.

And also with the hope that this b***dy rain will cease and desist, although I hear tell there will be snow on them thar hills in the morn. :rolleyes: I am going out tomorrow come hell or high water or snowdrifts. (I would not do well in Seattle/Puget Sound/Bainbridge Island - get mildew in de armpits - so you don't have to worry about me movin' in :lol: )

conniebky Collaborator

Ok, who wants to get rich and famous?

I think there should be a gluten free cooking show on the food network, cuz that Paula Dean's about to kill me with all that wonderful stuff she cooks and bakes.

I think it's a GREAT idea! It could be called the Celi-Cook -? The Gluten Glutton? no, that's backwards...

Whatcha think?

Jestgar Rising Star

I think something like iron chef, or whatever that's called. The pro's get a cupboard full of standard stuff, some weird main ingredients, and the surprise is the random intolerances that each client has. The chef must create something tasty, and yet not toxic.

jerseyangel Proficient

I think something like iron chef, or whatever that's called. The pro's get a cupboard full of standard stuff, some weird main ingredients, and the surprise is the random intolerances that each client has. The chef must create something tasty, and yet not toxic.

Yeah--like us when we first got started...

I'm getting better wif the closet--maybe moving so much in the last couple of years spured me on, I dunno. I used to keep everything--although I didn't used to be the clothes horse I am now :ph34r:

I did a major purge a couple of years ago--I had stuff circa late 80's early 90's :lol: , not a lot but still a few things--especially shoes...... Since then, I do it a few times a year--when the mood strikes (you have to be in the right phrame of mood to do this). I seem to buy more, but donate more too.

I was just outside putting out the trash and turning on the sprinklers....it's already like pea soup. Hot pea soup :P

Darn210 Enthusiast

Yep . . . I've got a closet in need of purging right now also . . . I'll get to it . . . sometime.

Haircuts today for me & Skeeter. Skeeter's got longish hair which, if you all remember, I hacked off during the lice incident of '09 (gah, me scalp itches just thinking about it). She never got a proper hair cut after that. I'm tire of her not brushing her hair, so I'm going to push for a short do.

jerseyangel Proficient

Aw--mom and daughter day at the salon B) Have phun, Jan-it!!

curlyfries Contributor

Since then, I do it a few times a year--when the mood strikes (you have to be in the right phrame of mood to do this).

Same here....it's an ongoing process. I have trouble making too many decisions at once, so I get rid of a little at a time.

kareng Grand Master

I have been saying that I'm going to clean my closet for at least a month. I look at it and get overwhelmed. I know I need to just do a small part at a time but then something comes up that I must do. Hmmm.. clean the closet? Wait I need to run an errand! ;)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Yep . . . I've got a closet in need of purging right now also . . . I'll get to it . . . sometime.

Me too :ph34r:

Sometimes we get charity bags put through the letterbox - they send the clothes to third world countries

....I'm waiting for one o' them. I cannot throw stuff away :rolleyes:

Haircuts today for me & Skeeter. Skeeter's got longish hair which, if you all remember, I hacked off during the lice incident of '09 (gah, me scalp itches just thinking about it). She never got a proper hair cut after that. I'm tire of her not brushing her hair, so I'm going to push for a short do.

Hope it goes to plan ;) ....my bloomin' kids are SOoooo opinionated - even from a young age resisted being told what to wear (some serious fashun crimes occured :lol: )

<Ummm, thanks Janitt, I'm itching now>

...don't want to jinx it, but I'm back from the dentist after truck loads of work....doomed to eat mushy foods for now <_< ...... hoping I won't see the masochist for 6 months now :P

elye Community Regular

Sometimes we get charity bags put through the letterbox - they send the clothes to third world countries

Hey! This sounds like a great thing - - I wish WE had charity bags that I could fill, and have them sent away.... . . .the way it works here, I have a garbage bag in the garage that I gradually fill with clothes. When it is full, I take it to Value Village or the Sally Anne. Do I simply drop it off? NO. I leave it at the cash and wander around for a while. Before I know it, I've bought that full garbage bags' worth of MORE clothes/tatt to take home. <_<

Counter-productive, methinks. I need to simply send my old stuff away.

:rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

In PA, the Purple Heart used to leave a card in me mailbox every couple o'months. It had a date on it which was the day they would be picking up in our area. Loved that--I just left whatever I had accumulated on the porch and they picked it up.

Here, I drop off at Goodwill when I'm that way.

I have to say right now me closet doesn't look half bad :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

When it is full, I take it to Value Village or the Sally Anne. Do I simply drop it off? NO. I leave it at the cash and wander around for a while. Before I know it, I've bought that full garbage bags' worth of MORE clothes/tatt to take home. <_<

Em's Even-Steven :lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

MORE clothes/tatt to take home. <_<

Good to see the utiliSation of the (made up?) noun of tatt :lol:

Em's Even-Steven :lol:

...or is that 'Even - Stephen'??, looks better, sounds the same :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

I have to say right now me closet doesn't look half bad :rolleyes:

show off <_<

elye Community Regular

...or is that 'Even - Stephen'??, looks better, sounds the same :lol:

I prefer 'Ephen - Stephen' meselph..... ...... . . :rolleyes:

Roda Rising Star

Well, my morning started out with a bang. Husband wakes me up around 06:20 and tells me the dog had an accident on the floor. GAWD! I get up and he does help me by scraping up the doggie diarrhea puddle with a putty knife into a plastic bag. Marshall, our german shephard, must have felt sympathy for me and decided to get the scoots too. :lol: Darn those kids for feeding him some marinated beef kabob meat last night. Thanks boys! As I am filling up the solution container for the cleaning machine I knock a glass into the sink and it shatters and I have to get the shop vac to clean it up. I turn off the air and open up the house to vent and proceede to clean the rest of the stain up with the machine. As I am running the carpet machine I hear this high pitched squeek. I turn it off and discover in the kitchen a mouse. The darn cat brought it in from the back door I had open (it does not have a screen) and walks off. :o WTF, I thought cats were supposed to catch and kill stuff, not bring them in the house alive to run around. The dog would not even go after it. I look around for something to put over top. I take a few steps to the dining room and find a container turn around and it's gone! I know it did not go out the door because I was in front of it. Just great it's loose in the house. All this and I still got to get the youngest one to daycare and the oldest one to the dentist to get his filling he lost replaced. All my noise wakes up the boys and I tell them what happened. They go in their rooms and come back out with their toy swords in hand to "wack the mouse". I start getting them breakfast when the youngest starts shouting "mouse in the house". It runs through the dining room and I kept yelling for my oldest catch it. He chases it with the container, but is darts under the couch. It pokes it's nose out once to make fun of me and goes back under. We finish getting ready and I keep the boys on watch. The thought of leaving the house with the thing loose is driving me nuts. Oldest boy leaves the cat in and she starts sniffing around the couch and goes under, swats at it but doesn't get it. Finally, I decide to move the couch before we leave and out it runs. Oldest son sucessfully gets the container over it. He slides it over to the front door and onto a newspaper. We let it go out in the front yard. We get a good look at it and it does not look like a mouse at all. No visible ears, longer nose and a very short tail. It runs around out in the yard and NOW the dog's interested. <_< He grabs it a few times and him and the boys chase it across the street where they kick into the street drain. We discovered it probably was a northern short tailed shrew. Of all the the things to get into the house. :o

Archived