This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

mushroom Proficient

Venison is farmed here in NZ, marketed in U.S. as cervena. It gets rid of the gaminess and really has quite a mild flavor. Try some if you see it :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kareng Grand Master

Football game was mostly dry. Medium rain, no lightening, starting at the begining of the 4 th quarter. Even better , we won! Even more better, J had a fabulous game!

Trying to remember what I just read. Loey & Dixie - I'll clean up after them, Mom! Honest!

Had ostrich. Does emu taste like that? Thought ostrich tasted beefier than beef. A most delicious hamburger! Have had BBQ alligator and thought it did taste like chicken.

GFinDC Veteran

Somebody made funb of my mis-peeling of ideas as "idears" several paiges bak, so I am mift and havtint been bak. But I'm over tit now and half returnt. Tank you berry muck!

Jestgrowl, Yur Obabma party reminds me of an upcomin event here in Dc that eye plan to attindt. It is the March to Keep Fear Alive on 30-Oct-10.

Open Original Shared Link

National fearful leader Stephan Cobert will lead the March in circles of gory. Yung childers wil be aflayed. Weeat in evry bowel. Feer is bak!

Our sketch group will attint to purphorm doodulz.

Loey, my aunt Lois had some optional knames too. Wun wuz kinduh like Lowa$$. :)

Rarebit tastes gud.

Whar is speel chakr on dis tang? :ph34r:

Loey Rising Star

It is a very gamey, very bloody meat. My father is a hunter too and he always soaked his venison in salt water to get rid of some of the gamey-ness.

I had to stop eating it cause it made me run to the bathroom too much.

Don't think I'll try it after all. If I can't stand the smell of chicken for now I think that the strong smell of venison might would also be too much.

Lohee

Loey Rising Star

Venison is farmed here in NZ, marketed in U.S. as cervena. It gets rid of the gaminess and really has quite a mild flavor. Try some if you see it :)

I'll have t oask the women at the local Farm if she sells it and if it tastes mild. She doesn't sell turkeys or I'd give her my Thanksgiving business (I like to support small businesses and farms).

I am SO excited that our son called and wants us to have dinner with all the parents of the kids he hangs out with. It's the first time he's included us. it will be a hectic day but filled with fun things!

Loi$$ I really like this one!

Loey Rising Star

WAAAAA - Yu were missed!!!!! Don't ever leave us again!!! Correct spelling is not optional here from what I've pseen.

When I taught G & T (3,4,& 5) the students would correct my spelling. And I'm also comma phobic because I suck at using them so badly (I also always seem to type a lower case i when it should be upper case).

Going back to bed. Thought I'd stop in to say hi.

Loey

P.S. and let's not forget the unflattering nickname of Lowass

Loey Rising Star

For sure, cuz I'd probably hit on her if I saw her too, she's adorable! :P

I love her short new "do." We're going up there to go out to dinner with Tony (our son) and the parents of the friends he hangs out with at school tonight. We were shocked when he called to invite us. He's been distant since he got there. He was very angry that we moved the summer before he left for college. I doubt that I'll see her. It's Parent Visitation Weekend and I've had the postcard since September but brain fog kept me from noticing that we were supposed to register for it and now it's too late. Dinner will be a nice substitute and seeing who he spends his time with is more important.

I was tearing through my closet to find something nice (and somewhat hip/stylish) to wear. Most of my wardrobe is Chico's but a lot is too big since I lost over 40 lbs with this illness. I also have very thin hair to the point of embarrassment (considered a wig). Wasn't aware Celiac could cause it. I had my son at 40 and was always considered the cool mom (I think his friends from home still think of me that way - just not my son). My illness must have been hard on him. My husband was commuting to us from our new home on the weekends and I was moody and cranky before my illness and then was bedridden. My hubby was only home from late Friday night until early Sunday from March until we moved at the end of June (the day after Tony graduated).

OK, somehow a response to your response about Emma Watson became VERY long. Sorry. wacko.gif

Off to get ready to meet a forum member who lives in my state at a Health Food Store midway between us. She's very involved in the State Celiac Support Group and is bringing a lot of information for me. She's on the labeling committee.

Loey the Long Winded Lass rolleyes.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Loey Rising Star

I forgot to say high before either.

I have - dozens of em in fact. Driving back to CA from MN, through Wyoming. My turn at the wheel, Clay asleep having filled his tummy w/ dinner in Laramie, beyoutiphul landscape with the first fall of light snow and lovely sunset, and then the dark came :ph34r: :ph34r:. The speedometer on the car was broke, I80 was only two lanes through there at the time, and there was nothing out there on the road except me, the truckers and the jackrabbits :unsure: I was a fairly new driver, (really! late bloomer!) had no idea how fast I was going (or not going). So these @/&*^ truckers and I got into this kind of duel on the highway. They would go roaring past me on the flat, almost blowin me offin the road, and then I would have to pass them on the upgrades, risking life and limb. And all the while, there were these durned jackrabbits, just sitting there in the middle of the road with that headlighty look. And I said, danged if I's goin to swurve to avoid these stoopid critters and further risk life and limb, so every so often, BOOM!, there goes anuvver jackrabbit. And ya know what? I didn't even feel gillty about it neither :P I was just grippin the wheel and hangin on. And Clay stayed asleep till I woke him on the outskirts of SLC and said I weren't driving into the city, and we missed all the motels and found this scrungy one what had bedbugs :blink: so we got two or three hours of nonsleep and then hit the road again :rolleyes: Ah, the joys of highway travel. Stay tuned for the next episode entitled "The Agonies of Scrunching Yerself into an airline seat for 13 hours"

Low-hiss, you can come to my house and cook rabbit anytime. For a country overrun with bluddy rabbits it's almost impossible to find one in the store because no one can raise em without swearing on a stack of bibles that they won't be released into the wild, or summit like that. And rabbit and goat is about all I ate in Italy - even then I wasn't eating pasta or gelato :(

That is my all-time favorite movie!! It is heelaryus!!!

Labour Weekend here, so one is forbidden to work. Might go to the local fair tomorrow and today I am going to make some florentines for my sister's visit - she adores them and I found a recipe in the food section of the paper. Of course because of the quake there are no dried cranberries in the stores so I had to get blueberries and cherries. Will let you know how they turn out.

Wishin' I could have rabbit for dinner :P

Where are you that it's Labor Weekend? I'd love to make the stew for you. It came out delicious. Gave me slight pain but I seem to be all right today.

I'm trying to plan Thanksgiving dinner and my son actually prefers duck to turkey (I'll have to special order it and make two because my son and hubby will want leftovers). It's a pain in the butt to make because you spend the whole day pricking it and inevitably get grease all over the stove.

The last time I made duck (first time in our new house) it was my son's last request meal before leaving for college the next day. By the time I was done the oven was a mess! We had to clean it (thankfully it self cleans). Well the construction company never hooked the oven vent up to the outside when our house was built. The house was unbearable wile the oven self cleaned and the smoke detector kept going off. We had someone come in to fix it since then so this time the fumes will go outside.

What are Florentines? We watch a lot of spanish movies because my husband's family was from Spain and he spent two long portions of his childhood there. When he came back one of the times and was in public school here he pretended he didn't speak English. Eventually one of the kids asked the teacher why he spoke it on the playground. Busted!!!!!

OK, time to get moving. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and have been at the computer since. Time to get ready to meet someone from this forum who lives in my state. We're meeting at a Health Food Store. Boy will I ever be tired tonight when we meet our son for dinner!!!!wacko.gif

Loey

elye Community Regular

Football game was mostly dry. Medium rain, no lightening, starting at the begining of the 4 th quarter. Even better , we won! Even more better, J had a fabulous game!

Excellent, Kherrighnne! :) What position does J play? Wait.. . . . think you told us this.. . . .he's a cornerback? Dear gawd, I have enough trouble sitting in the arena watching my DD in front of a hockey net in Michelin-Man padding - I'm constantly wincing, covering my eyes as players come barreling toward her - it's completely non-contact, but I still hide my eyes. . . ....I canna imagine if one of my kids was running around a field with big men tackling, smashing into each other. . . ... . . .:wacko:. . . .. you're a good, brave mom!

Somebody made funb of my mis-peeling of ideas as "idears" several paiges bak, so I am mift and havtint been bak. But I'm over tit now and half returnt. Tank you berry muck!

:lol: :lol: Jeee-Eff! Well done!

Jestgrowl :lol:

Low Ass :lol: :lol:

I am SO excited that our son called and wants us to have dinner with all the parents of the kids he hangs out with. It's the first time he's included us. it will be a hectic day but filled with fun things!

We'll clean ya up real good, LowAss.. .. . . ... . ..um, hopefully you will not need to be spelling anything.. . .. :unsure:...

jerseyangel Proficient

That was me--sorry :ph34r: It's something we do here--kind of a running joke.

Wasn't making fun, just trying to help you feel included. :(

kareng Grand Master

Ran this thru spellcheck. I think this spelling was too much for spellcheck.

Jestgrowl, Yur Obabma party reminds me of an upcomin event here in Dc that eye plan to attindt. It is the March to Keep Fear Alive on 30-Oct-10.

National fearful leader Stephan Cobert will lead the March in circles of gory. Yung childers wil be aflayed. Weeat in evry bowel. Feer is bak!

Our sketch group will attint to purphorm doodulz.

Loey, my aunt Lois had some optional knames too. Wun wuz kinduh like Lowa$$. :)

Rarebit tastes gud.

Whar is speel chakr on dis tang? :ph34r:

Somebody made funk of my Miss-peeling of ideas as "id ears" several Paige's Baku, so I am MIT and hefting been bake. But I'm over tit now and half return. Tank you berry muck!

Jest growl, Yurt Obama party reminds me of an incoming event here in Dc that eye plan to attend. It is the March to Keep Fear Alive on 30-Oct-10.

Mark to Kemp Fe er Alfie

National fearful leader Stephan Corbett will lead the March in circles of gory. Yang chillers wail be flayed. We eat in every bowel. Fe er is Baku!

Our sketch group will at tint to proforma doodles.

Rail to Rest er Sanity sketch crawl

Loey, my aunt Lois had some optional knaves too. Win Wu kin duh like Lows$$.

Rarebit tastes Gd.

War is spiel shark on dis tang?

psawyer Proficient

I posted this once long ago, but for the newbies:

Ode to a Spelling Checker

I have a spelling checker.

It came with my PC.

It plane lee marks four my revue

Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,

Your sure reel glad two no.

Its vary polished in it's weigh.

My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a bless sing,

It freeze yew lodes of thyme.

It helps me right awl stiles two reed,

And aides me when aye rime.

Each frays come posed up on my screen

Eye trussed too bee a joule

The checker pours o'er every word

To cheque sum spelling rule.

Bee fore a veiling checkers

Hour spelling mite decline,

And if we're lacks oar have a laps

We wood bee maid too wine.

Butt now bee cause my spelling

Is checked with such grate flare

Their are know faults with in my cite

Of nun eye am a wear.

Now spelling does knot phase me

It does knot bring a tier

My pay purrs awl due glad den

With wrapped words fare as hear.

To rite with care is quite a feet

Of witch won should bee proud

And wee mussed dew the best wee can

Sew flaws are knot aloud.

Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays

Such soft wear four pea seas

And why eye brake in two averse

Buy righting want too pleas.

kareng Grand Master

I posted this once long ago, but for the newbies:

Ode to a Spelling Checker

I have a spelling checker.

It came with my PC.

It plane lee marks four my revue

Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,

Your sure reel glad two no.

Its vary polished in it's weigh.

My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a bless sing,

It freeze yew lodes of thyme.

It helps me right awl stiles two reed,

And aides me when aye rime.

Each frays come posed up on my screen

Eye trussed too bee a joule

The checker pours o'er every word

To cheque sum spelling rule.

Bee fore a veiling checkers

Hour spelling mite decline,

And if we're lacks oar have a laps

We wood bee maid too wine.

Butt now bee cause my spelling

Is checked with such grate flare

Their are know faults with in my cite

Of nun eye am a wear.

Now spelling does knot phase me

It does knot bring a tier

My pay purrs awl due glad den

With wrapped words fare as hear.

To rite with care is quite a feet

Of witch won should bee proud

And wee mussed dew the best wee can

Sew flaws are knot aloud.

Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays

Such soft wear four pea seas

And why eye brake in two averse

Buy righting want too pleas.

Love it! :P

elye Community Regular

POeter! An excellent poem. .. .:lol:.. . . . I will use it in a couple of my classes - - should drive the English learners nuts.. . . . . ..

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Gah! I just woke up!!! Told hubby I wanted to try to sleep in and I wake up after 10am! Don't remember the last time that happened :P Kids are playing nice, hubby just went to get me a latte, I was down a pound this morning, and my Halloween costume fits perfectly....

I'm afraid if I move from the sofa I will get struck by lightning or sumphin! :huh::lol:

elye Community Regular

my Halloween costume fits perfectly....

I musta missed a post er two.. .. . . what's your costume, Rah-shyellle?

I musta missed a post er two.. .. . . what's your costume, Rah-shyellle?

6lady-gaga-290x400.webp

Wish me luck!

:huh::o:blink::lol: :lol: :lol:

kareng Grand Master

6lady-gaga-290x400.webp

Wish me luck!

:huh::o:blink::lol: :lol: :lol:

What did you and Jesse decide on?

kareng Grand Master

The pic didn't pop up until I posted. What is Jesse going as?

elye Community Regular

The pic didn't pop up until I posted. What is Jesse going as?

Jesse should be going as GaGa in that outfit... . . . ...now THAT'D be phunny. . ....

He'll be the Papa-papa-paparazzi :lol:

kareng Grand Master

Great idea!

mushroom Proficient

Oh dear, I totally misread that one :o:blink: I thought you was Little Red Riding Hood and I didn't know if Jesse would be the wolf or grandma.

mushroom Proficient

I think I did the squisheroo on the long-running Christmas dilemma

curlyfries Contributor

I think I did the squisheroo on the long-running Christmas dilemma

Uh-oh. Must venture out and investigate :unsure:

Archived