This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star

Hi Jess,

I'm going to lay down for a while but wanted to say hello before I did that since I saw that you were online. I hope you're seeing BE tonight. I LOVE living vicariously. Don't get me wrong - Klark is the best but we've been together for 22 years (married 19) and there's nothing like new love (yes, I said love).

Loey wub.gif

Hi Loey!! *waving*

No BE for me tonight, or all week :( He does contracting and his contract probably ends this Friday and he has two interviews this week. He actually has to answer questions during interviews - like a pop quiz- so he's studying this week.

I passed my test. Guess I gotta stay in the class.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

I passed my test.

Congrats!! :)

kareng Grand Master

Sounds like good news and bad news ! :)

Loey Rising Star

Hi Loey!! *waving*

No BE for me tonight, or all week :( He does contracting and his contract probably ends this Friday and he has two interviews this week. He actually has to answer questions during interviews - like a pop quiz- so he's studying this week.

YAY!!!! I am SO proud of you! I knew you'd pass it. You go girl! Hopefully you'll make up for time lost with BE over the weekend. You SO deserve a good relationship!

We saw our son again Saturday night (he's no longer rejecting us). He hasn't had a girlfriend yet (he and his friends played a game one night and he's evidently the "virginist virgin."was discussing how it has to do with scent (pheromones). He's pretty sensitive and doesn't want to just have sex. I hate the way his roommate keeps "sexile" him from his room. Mommy can't fix things any more. Trying to figure out how to post his picture. Don't have face book. I do have iPhotos and can email them.

Notice how I haven't made it to bed yet. I'm pfeeling a little better this afternoon. I was really sick this AM.

Again, I'm REALLY proud of you. I could barely pass math in Grad school (had to take it twice but wound up with a 4.0) so I'm really in awe of you!

Loey rolleyes.gif

elye Community Regular

Thanks Emel, it opened for me - what a hoot!

Gah.... must be a privileged site, open only to Commonwealthers.. .. ..... . :rolleyes:

What a great day with your sis, Shrooomie. :)

No BE for me tonight, or all week :(

Absence making the heart grow fonder all the while... . . ... ;)

Well done wif that test, Jyesss! Gotta stay with it, now.... .!

Loey Rising Star

Yep. We all said how great it was to be together with people with whom you have a shared past and heritage - you just pick up where you left off last time :D

I did lamb (this being NZ) shanks in my crockpot on Sunday, with just onion, garlic (lots) and herbs, and some 48-hour homemade beef stock (no tomatoes for me, no red wine for sis) and yes, they (and the smells) were heavenly too. Enjoy your pot roast :)

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loey biggrin.gif

kareng Grand Master

I could open the kitty & dog video. I logged onto the computer in English not American.

My crock pot full of beef stew smells good! What shall we all make tomorrow? Gave Lo a simple chicken and potato soup recipe she might be able to eat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

I logged onto the computer in English not American.

I believe the accent makes the difference :P

jerseyangel Proficient

Gave Lo a simple chicken and potato soup recipe she might be able to eat.

Very sweet :D

Loey Rising Star

I could open the kitty & dog video. I logged onto the computer in English not American.

My crock pot full of beef stew smells good! What shall we all make tomorrow? Gave Lo a simple chicken and potato soup recipe she might be able to eat.

If I feel well enough to cook tomorrow I might make it. I think I have all of the ingredients in the house. Potatoes haven't been sitting well with me. But Klark would love it. Want to go to the bank. He was a sweetheart and gave me half of our Xmas club $ - didn't expect it with all the bills we have. Right now it's going into savings. Some will go to Tony for Hanukah (we celebrate both).

Loey biggrin.gif

kareng Grand Master

If I feel well enough to cook tomorrow I might make it. I think I have all of the ingredients in the house. Potatoes haven't been sitting well with me. But Klark would love it. Want to go to the bank. He was a sweetheart and gave me half of our Xmas club $ - didn't expect it with all the bills we have. Right now it's going into savings. Some will go to Tony for Hanukah (we celebrate both).

Loey biggrin.gif

I thought potatoes would be easy to eat! :o

mushroom Proficient

Yeah, they go down well enough, it's what happens to them when they get there :rolleyes::ph34r:

Loey Rising Star

I'm going to try it with white potatoes tomorrow. Sweet potatoes don't seem to agree with me. Klark has asked me to stay in until Wednesday when I have an appointment and my painting class. He wants me to rest up as much as I can before Friday. He's a keeper!

Off to watch Dexter with Klark. Nothing like a good serial killer to help you sleep!

Loey ohmy.gif

Loey Rising Star

I think we should all make your recipe. I'll copy and paste it below so you don't have to (if you don't mind - I just happened to have it out because I planned on making it tomorrow). I tend to make everything in my crock pot but don't know how this would work in it. Might have to go with the flow.

From the kitchen of our awesome Karaaannngg:

Chunky Chicken-Potato Soup

3 med baking potatoes: peeled and chopped

2 cups chopped onions

4 cups water

1 tbsp chicken flavored granules

2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (1 lb skinless boneless)

¼ cup skim milk 

Combine potatoes, onion, water and chicken flavoring in a pan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat & simmer about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.Pour half the potato mixture in a blender. Process until smooth.Add pureed potatoes back to pot with chicken & milk. Stir.Best if refrigerated overnight then re-heated. Serve with shredded cheddar on top.  

I used 3 packets of Herb Ox sodium free chicken bouillon. The store brand of gluten-free chicken granules were sold out. I added a little salt. I think you could do this with chicken broth (I like Kitchen Basics in the yellow box) instead of water. I think you could leave the milk out. Tastes better the second day so make ahead and microwave.

And the race is on!!!!! All of our kitchens will smell the same!! Loey biggrin.gif

jerseyangel Proficient

I think we should all make your recipe.

Yum :P

I think I'm making chicken tomorrow night (bought some yesterday and don't want to freeze it) so this would be a good way to use the leftover meat.

kareng Grand Master

Make it a day ahead or at least in the morning to eat later. Really tastes better if it sits in the fridge for a while.

One time I thought I would add shredded carrots to cook with the potatoes to add some vitamins. When I pureed it, it turned an awful orangey color.

Jestgar Rising Star

One time I thought I would add shredded carrots to cook with the potatoes to add some vitamins. When I pureed it, it turned an awful orangey color.

Sounds purty!

kareng Grand Master

Hello? Anybody home?

:blink:

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Gads, where has the time gone!!! Spent most of the weekend measuring, weighing and pricing everything out for my cost per item for the Bazaar I have a table at on the 20th. This weekend will be most of the baking. I bake ahead, freeze, then decorate right before selling. Everything is more moist after it's been fozen :blink: Plus, I'm doing a cake AND cupcakes for a party this weekend. Have to deliver them late Sunday afternoon like 40 minutes away :( Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

Read on da book that Rash-shell did her phloat today and it was a success :D Can nae wait to hear all about it!

Oh.....My.....Goodness!!!

It was the most phabulous, most wonderful, most amazing and unique experience! Pure meditation for 2 straight hours, total sensory deprivation. I was so beyond relaxed yet aware for the next 24 hours. (Probably the best thing to do during PMS.... ;) ) It's really hard to describe exactly what happened and how it felt, but you could see nothing and it felt weird/wrong to close your eyes. You felt nothing-floating on the water that was body temp neutral-you literally could not tell where your body ended and the water started. You could hear nothing with your ears just beneath the water. I lost track of all time. I do think I fell asleep twice, but I was able to come in and out of it so easily. I was told by the owner that it usually takes a few floats before you're totally able to reach the full meditative, 'theta wave' state. He described what it's like, and I'm pretty sure that within 5-10 minutes, I was fully there. Really hard to describe what you see and feel, it's almost outer body! I'm going to try to do it once a month!!!!!

A friend of mine (who's a vp or sumpin') cleaned out her closet and gave me two huge piles of clothes. Sadly the really snazzy one were too big, but they went to another friend of ours so we're all happy. I'm gonna spend the next several hours sitting on my floor sorting through my 'new' clothes and shoes. :)

Wish I had a friend like that!! Most of my friends aren't 6 footers like me though :rolleyes:

Yayyyyy!

elye Community Regular

Wow, Rahshyellle.. . . you make me really want to search out one of these commercial float spa/tank places.... .. ..it sounds exactly like something i could really use and benefit from right now! :) Think I'll do some local google searches. . . . . ..

.... . And you're SIX FEET TALL? :unsure: Had NO idea of this. . .. .. . .yes, I'm sure there aren't too many second-hand clothing collections coming to you from friends. . . ..... . .perhaps from yer friends' husbands. . . ... . :rolleyes:

elye Community Regular

GAH! :lol: Kherrighnne, show your son this clip, and suggest he quietly suggest such a manouever during their next game. . . .

kareng Grand Master

GAH! :lol: Kherrighnne, show your son this clip, and suggest he quietly suggest such a manouever during their next game. . . .

Isn't that funny? We are done with football season so can't use this move. <_<

Loey Rising Star

Gads, where has the time gone!!! Spent most of the weekend measuring, weighing and pricing everything out for my cost per item for the Bazaar I have a table at on the 20th. This weekend will be most of the baking. I bake ahead, freeze, then decorate right before selling. Everything is more moist after it's been fozen :blink: Plus, I'm doing a cake AND cupcakes for a party this weekend. Have to deliver them late Sunday afternoon like 40 minutes away :( Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

Oh.....My.....Goodness!!!

It was the most phabulous, most wonderful, most amazing and unique experience! Pure meditation for 2 straight hours, total sensory deprivation. I was so beyond relaxed yet aware for the next 24 hours. (Probably the best thing to do during PMS.... ;) ) It's really hard to describe exactly what happened and how it felt, but you could see nothing and it felt weird/wrong to close your eyes. You felt nothing-floating on the water that was body temp neutral-you literally could not tell where your body ended and the water started. You could hear nothing with your ears just beneath the water. I lost track of all time. I do think I fell asleep twice, but I was able to come in and out of it so easily. I was told by the owner that it usually takes a few floats before you're totally able to reach the full meditative, 'theta wave' state. He described what it's like, and I'm pretty sure that within 5-10 minutes, I was fully there. Really hard to describe what you see and feel, it's almost outer body! I'm going to try to do it once a month!!!!!

Wish I had a friend like that!! Most of my friends aren't 6 footers like me though :rolleyes:

Yayyyyy!

That sounds like an absolutely amazing experience and totally Zen and Transcendental. Did you have anything on so that you didn't swallow water (is that a stupid question?). It does still reminds me of Altered States (a favorite of mine) but much safer. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. You are quite an adventurous soul, my pfriend

And then after all of that relaxation you had to cook your butt off.

Loey biggrin.gif

P.S. Do you get to see BE this weekend?

Loey Rising Star

Hello? Anybody home?

:blink:

GRRRRRR mad.gif

I had a reply to this post and lost it!!!!!!!

I was supposed to stay in today and rest (Klark wants me to be all right for Friday) but went to the bank and food shopping instead. Now I'm wiped out. I bought him a gluten-free meal that's pre-cooked (and overpriced) for dinner and then ingredients to make some crock pot dinners before Friday. Will definitely make Karaanngs.

Last night the pumpkin lentil soup was heavenly. I ordered it online from a place that's very reasonable. They have a Gluten Free area but you have to look at all of the ingredients. One soup had barley in it. I ordered something that turned out not to be gluten-free ad they were very nice about it. Replaced it with something else and didn't ask for the original back (I gave it to a friend). I'm trying to place another order with them but I forgot my old password. I was checking my mail when I lost this reply. I'm going to go to bed for a while and try to take a nap. I definitely have a bug but am determined to have the procedure on Friday!

Will get back to you all later.

Loey smile.gif

SoupsOnline.com

celiac-mommy Collaborator

That sounds like an absolutely amazing experience and totally Zen and Transcendental. Did you have anything on so that you didn't swallow water (is that a stupid question?). It does still reminds me of Altered States (a favorite of mine) but much safer. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. You are quite an adventurous soul, my pfriend

Not a stupid question at all! There is 850# of Epsom salt in the water. It's more buoyant than the Dead Sea. I think the only way you could swallow the water is if you roll onto your stomach which would be impossible unless you did it on purpose to see what it felt like (yes, I did this :rolleyes: -no water in the mouth though, thank goodness!!). You totally float on top of the water. I felt my sides to figure out how deep I sank--It was pretty much 1/2 in, 1/2 out. My whole face was outside of the water-around my hairline and jaw depending if my arms were down by my sides (chin naturally lifts up) or bent like goal posts up by my head (chin natually moves towards chest--more comfortable on the neck). THey say your spine can lengthen 1 inch in your first session (like I needed that :lol: )

Archived