This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

GFinDC Veteran

Thanks my friend,

I'm going to check it out on Amazon after my doctor appointment this morning (I have one every day this week). Going to see the band Kansas this Friday with Tny. Still not telling him until the summer and finals are over.

My painting is progressing SLOWLY. Basically a five year old can d better. Not giving up, though. It's relaxing. I bought a bunch of books on scryli (my favorite medium so far. My teacher was rather nasty and condescending so I'm not going to pay to be treated badly. I did confront her abut it.

Hope you're doing well!

Loey smile.gif

Hi Low-e,

I am doing ok. I am heading over to the gluten free labeling summit later today to see this gigantic gluten-free cake they are making. No other motive than to support the gluten-free community of course, the huge, massive, multi-ton gluten-free cake is no motivation at all... :-) Hopefully there won't be any salad around.

I don't know if there is a book on the Eat to Defeat cancer diet or not. If you click the link I posted it will take you to their web site. There you can watch the TED talk video about the diet. Then you can sign up on their web site to do the diet like a good kid. It is free and they don't spam you. They have a list of the foods to eat on the site but you can't see until you sign up. The TED talk by the doctor/researcher guy is very interesting in itself. It is not geared towards gluten-free though.

Ha, you should not see some of my first paintings. They were purty pathetic. That's ok though, all part of the learning process. Seems ya gotta learn to do things wrong so you can learn what not to do and then the right way to do it is easier. After a while you just get better is all. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Ha, you should not see some of my first paintings. They were purty pathetic. That's ok though, all part of the learning process. Seems ya gotta learn to do things wrong so you can learn what not to do and then the right way to do it is easier. After a while you just get better is all. :)

Ain' that the troof! For whatever the reason, I've kept all of my hard-fought works from my early days of institutionalized art instruction, and when I come across them from time to time, gads.. . . . ...

We wanna see your stuff, Low! Put some of it up on fb! :)

Jeeee-Eff, (and all o' youse Psills anywhere near the DC area) - - I and the immediate family may be driving down to Washington sometime in July. I have always wanted to go there, and our drives south have never gone far enough. I'm gonna put the word out later on if we decide to definitely go, but I would LOVE to meet you and see your art! :D

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Simon! Are you posting on Mommy's account?

He just wishes he had a never ending salad.

:lol::lol:

1 more month, then he can eat all the salad he can handle! We are adhering to the 4mo rule this time... Apparently, that's when he becomes an adult, can start eating fruits and veggies and will start spraying everything in sight <_<

Jestgar Rising Star

I spent the night dreaming about conditional probabilities and kinship coefficients. D'ya suppose there's any way I can get credit for this for my class?

elye Community Regular

kinship coefficients.

:huh: This sounds like something vaguely monarchical - - something of which I should know the meaning. . . . ...some Royal Mandate or Canon, then?

OR.. . . . . . ......:unsure:....is it.. . . . .. . . ...

MATHS??? :o

kareng Grand Master

kinship coefficients.

I believe this has something to do with relatives. Figuring out that your dad's counsin's kid's baby is your 2nd cousin twice removed or some such. And a way to calculate how annoyed you will be when your MIL visits.

L = Length of visit (in town)

C = 1 for each car they want to borrow

D = Amount of days spent staying in your home

K = Kinship coeefficient

(L x D)squared x the square root of C = K

Jestgar Rising Star

I believe this has something to do with relatives. Figuring out that your dad's counsin's kid's baby is your 2nd cousin twice removed or some such. And a way to calculate how annoyed you will be when your MIL visits.

L = Length of visit (in town)

C = 1 for each car they want to borrow

D = Amount of days spent staying in your home

K = Kinship coeefficient

(L x D)squared x the square root of C = K

The relevance of K can be modified by the addition of OH, usually in the form of vodka. The direction of modification (positive or negative) depends on which side of the equation you add the OH to, yours or theirs.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

The relevance of K can be modified by the addition of OH, usually in the form of vodka. The direction of modification (positive or negative) depends on which side of the equation you add the OH to, yours or theirs.

And in the end, someone will end up with DCM due to ETOH... :huh:

:P

GFinDC Veteran

Ain' that the troof! For whatever the reason, I've kept all of my hard-fought works from my early days of institutionalized art instruction, and when I come across them from time to time, gads.. . . . ...

We wanna see your stuff, Low! Put some of it up on fb! :)

Jeeee-Eff, (and all o' youse Psills anywhere near the DC area) - - I and the immediate family may be driving down to Washington sometime in July. I have always wanted to go there, and our drives south have never gone far enough. I'm gonna put the word out later on if we decide to definitely go, but I would LOVE to meet you and see your art! :D

Unfortunately I did too, mostly. We had a "Stinkers" thread on the Wetcanvas site a few years ago for people to contribute their masterpieces too. I had some doozies. But now they are all just so much less than that..

Well, if the queen wants ta visit, the queen is welcome ta visit. The prince was just here after all, admiring the local veggies. We had to splain to him how we grow 'em in the ground...

Open Original Shared Link

I was sprized the Qween would let him come to DC by his lonesome, all unsupervised and such tho. I speckt he will need to file a book report or a trip report with your hindsass when he gets back to the royal roozt?

We can go to all the big museums (Smithzoneians) and look at my art too M-Lee! Of course I'll have to put the art pics on a phone or camera card so you can see it inside the big museum...

I'll also have plenty of boxes of your varite of cheap, er wet, er, liquid winez to satisfy the Qweenly tastz.

elye Community Regular

Well, the kinship coefficient remains quite satisfactory when OH is added to EMILY whilst our most common (crap, is she coming AGAIN??) houseguest is added to our home equation... . . . . ....but holy crap, we look at real trouble when OH is added to MIL, and the car is thrown in.... . . . . . .

MIL + OH + CAR = chaos..... .. . . ..

But even MIL + CAR - OH = scary... . .. . ..

elye Community Regular

We can go to all the big museums (Smithzoneians) and look at my art too M-Lee! Of course I'll have to put the art pics on a phone or camera card so you can see it inside the big museum...

I'll also have plenty of boxes of your varite of cheap, er wet, er, liquid winez to satisfy the Qweenly tastz.

Man, I'm there!! :)B)

kareng Grand Master

Well, J decided on a college. As you might guess, its the most expensive one. :ph34r: He is going to Colorado State in Fort Collins, CO. Hub went with him & said it really is the best place for him academically & socially.

Jestgar Rising Star

Well good. At least he didn't pick the one closest to skiing nude beaches.

GFinDC Veteran

Man, I'm there!! :)B)

You'll regret it. Evil laugh (EL) here.....,

repeated here......,

drawn out EL here............,

continuing..............,

ok, trailing off...............................

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:B):P

Sorry, I Ben playing Zork Nemesis two much lately... :)

Loey Rising Star

OK, my life is officially material for a sitcom. I have to delay all of my procedures (shots for shoulder and back and removal of lymph node) because I have two blocked aortic arteries and now have to have cardiac catheterization next week possibly followed by immediate angioplasty. I'm actually finding it all rather amusing. I'm calm and trust my doctors. I''m more worried about Clark than me.

Does this all ban me from the psillie thread? Now THAT would break my heart!

Love,

Loey wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Jestgar Rising Star

WIH Lo??? Did you decide to save up every complicating event of life so's you could get them all over with at once? Efficient, yes, but geez. Yer gonna be spending weeks wandering through hospitals.

elye Community Regular

Oh, no, Low! Not MORE stuff!! :(

Bygawd, you have the BEST attitude. I admire you so much, and can only hope that if/when I get hammered as you have been with these big health issues, I will be as strong and positive as you! At least it's all happening concurrently and they can address it all, fix it up within a few months and then you're good! :)

Thinking of you. . . . . ....:wub:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Holy Cr@p Loweee . . . I admire your attitude and strength . . . hugs and prayers being flung at you!!!

Once a psillie, always a psillie . . . can't wash it off or throw it out . . . I'm afeared it's a permanent condition :D

Loweeeee, I insist that you KNOCK THIS CRAP OFF!!!!!!!!!

Can someone please explain to me the importance of the Red Velvet cake?! I am thoroughly stumped as to WHY IN HELL someone would want me to make them a cake that contains 4 OUNCES... 1/2 a CUP of red food dye?!?! I understand that people may enjoy the taste of a lighter chocolate cake, but why can't they just enjoy the taste of the pure ingredients and not the massive quantities of red food poisoning dye??

I had to make one yesterday. A big arse one. It looked like a massacre had occured in my kitchen by the time I was done. The dye was everywhere. Bloody looking fingerprints all over the counters, sink and mixer. I was getting more and more pissed as the night went on. Plus, the 4oz of dye cost me nearly 16$, which is NOT what I had anticipated when I gave my customer the quote for the cake. I won't lose any money on it, but I'm not making much either. Live and learn I guess. I'm going to have to add 50-75cents per serving for the red velvet from now on!!

On the funnier side, Madeleine made a 7ft mural all about bacon yesterday. It's hilarious!! I'll have to take a picture of it :lol:

kareng Grand Master

OK, my life is officially material for a sitcom. I have to delay all of my procedures (shots for shoulder and back and removal of lymph node) because I have two blocked aortic arteries and now have to have cardiac catheterization next week possibly followed by immediate angioplasty. I'm actually finding it all rather amusing. I'm calm and trust my doctors. I''m more worried about Clark than me.

Does this all ban me from the psillie thread? Now THAT would break my heart!

Love,

Loey wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Actually, its a blessing that the other problems helped you catch the blockages.

I believe you still qualify as a psilly because this is all sort of funny in sick comedy type way. Perhaps you can come out of this as The Bionic Woman?

kareng Grand Master

Loweeeee, I insist that you KNOCK THIS CRAP OFF!!!!!!!!!

Can someone please explain to me the importance of the Red Velvet cake?! I am thoroughly stumped as to WHY IN HELL someone would want me to make them a cake that contains 4 OUNCES... 1/2 a CUP of red food dye?!?! I understand that people may enjoy the taste of a lighter chocolate cake, but why can't they just enjoy the taste of the pure ingredients and not the massive quantities of red food poisoning dye??

I had to make one yesterday. A big arse one. It looked like a massacre had occured in my kitchen by the time I was done. The dye was everywhere. Bloody looking fingerprints all over the counters, sink and mixer. I was getting more and more pissed as the night went on. Plus, the 4oz of dye cost me nearly 16$, which is NOT what I had anticipated when I gave my customer the quote for the cake. I won't lose any money on it, but I'm not making much either. Live and learn I guess. I'm going to have to add 50-75cents per serving for the red velvet from now on!!

On the funnier side, Madeleine made a 7ft mural all about bacon yesterday. It's hilarious!! I'll have to take a picture of it :lol:

And after all that red dye, its dried blood red at best.

A bacon mural sounds like one of the most important peices of art of this century to date! Where is this? Your kitchen? Her bedroom? Please post a pic.

And after all that red dye, its dried blood red at best.

A bacon mural sounds like one of the most important peices of art of this century to date! Where is this? Your kitchen? Her bedroom? Please post a pic.

It's covering my dining room table :rolleyes: I'll try to remember to get a photo of it after work. There's even a drawing of a cat eating bacon! :lol::lol::lol:

elye Community Regular

A bacon mural sounds like one of the most important peices of art of this century to date! Where is this? Your kitchen? Her bedroom?

The Louvre! If it's not, it SHOULD be. .. . ..

mushroom Proficient

Lowee!!!! - ye must put an end to this, tell yer body to SHAPE UP!!! ferevvins sake. Tell all these body parts they have not reached their "use by" date :rolleyes: And you're still smiling - way to go!!! Let the ol' bod know you can't be knocked back that easy. You take care of yerself and we will all be there with you, helping you along. And no, there is no psillie resignation form - it's like the mafia, ye can NEVER get out :ph34r:

Rayshell, we must see the bacon mural, i;m trying to imagine it, and failing :D Does it have any red dye on it? :o

Rayshell, we must see the bacon mural, i;m trying to imagine it, and failing :D Does it have any red dye on it? :o

BBQ sauce, maybe.... Was making ribs at the time. The red dye began after the kids were in bed... Never make a RV cake after 9pm when you're already tired!! :rolleyes:

Archived