This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

They missed one "type" we have in our Walmarts here:

The ladies in $200 jeans, $900 Jimmy choos, & $40,000 diamond rings who spend 5 minutes fighting with the cashier about expired 20 cents off coupons.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
celiac-mommy Collaborator

I'm sure most of you have already seen this but, if not, ENJOY!!!!

Hugs,

Loey

Hadn't seen that before, it's hilarious!!!

Poppi Enthusiast

DH's godmother, a descendent of Empire Loyalists, is still living alone in the family manse here that was her grandfather's when he moved up here from New England in the early 1850's. She is turning 100 tomorrow, so we have come to celebrate with about 150 other people, many from the States and overseas. I think of what an arduous, long drive it is, but then I think MAN -- one doesn't have many chances to be part of a hundred year birthday party.

Cool! My Nana was an Empire Loyalist. She passed away in 1999 at 107.

psawyer Proficient

I have, once again, been reminded of why I *DO* *NOT* shop at WalMart. My eyes! :ph34r:

curlyfries Contributor

Don't know what's going on here! Never used to remember my dreams and now it's like crazy town every night and I seem to remember everything! :unsure:

Night before last it was me locked in a car eating fruity pebbles with Robert Pattinson, and as Nik said, "You were locked in a car with RPatz feeding him Fruity Pebbles? What a waste of a dream!" :lol::lol: and last night, I was on some retreat at the beach with 2 coworkers and a bunch of people I didn't know. I knew I was married, but Jesse wasn't there and I was after this guy who was honestly the most attractive guy I've never seen. So vivid and I know it's not someone I've ever met. His name was Suneed and he was middle eastern of some sort. Nothing happened, but I was topless thru the entire dream.... Right before I woke up I was getting ready to go horseback riding with one of the coworkers-not sure that would be too comfortable without a bra... :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol:

Interpretations.....

OK.....I'm a little rusty. I used to always interpret Soozle's dreams (miss her :( )Let's give it a try.

You're feeling more like a wife and a mommy and not the desirable sexy woman that you are. The fruity pebbles are a reminder that you have children......responsibilities. So nothing happens. In the second dream you are desperately trying to prove you still have something men want.....signified by going topless. I'll bet nobody noticed, which reinforces you doubting whether what you've got to offer is of any interest to anyone, anymore.

Now the horseback riding........whew! You need someone......preferably hubby.....to...uhh.......lets just say you want something strong and fast between your legs ;)

In other words......you and hubby have been so wrapped up in family life.....kids, work, obligations......you've lost that spark. You two need to get away from it all, get all sexified, check into a motel, and find that down and dirty passion you once had.

:P

:lol:

curlyfries Contributor

BTW.......where are you going next month? Brian and I are going to Florida next month. We'll be visiting my dad and trying out scuba diving. We haven't been since Brian's accident.

Loooove the video, Loweeeee!!!! :lol:

Emmm.......hope you find your Suneen!How many rooms are in that mansion anyhow? Perhaps you and hubby could try a few of them out ;)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

I have, once again, been reminded of why I *DO* *NOT* shop at WalMart. My eyes! :ph34r:

I just wish we had them here

...although we do have 'Asda's' which seems to attract alot of folk who canna be bothered to get dressed & shop in their pj's blink.gif

LOVE LeesARGH's dream interpretation!! laugh.gif ...I rarely dream dry.gif

EM-uh-LEIGH!! ..how fantastic to be going to a 100 yr old person's birthday partay!! biggrin.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

...although we do have 'Asda's' which seems to attract alot of folk who canna be bothered to get dressed & shop in their pj's blink.gif

Hey! There is nothing wrong with shopping in your pjs!!! I hafta wear real clothes all week, Flannel jammies are perfectly acceptable outdoor wear as far as I'm concerned.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Hey! There is nothing wrong with shopping in your pjs!!! I hafta wear real clothes all week, Flannel jammies are perfectly acceptable outdoor wear as far as I'm concerned.

Jyess, I kinda agree - I am a 'Pj's forever' sort of gal meselph...... not that I'm a snob or owt wink.gif...but it's the calibre of jim jam.

I'll take some covert pics eh??, see if it measures up to the peeps of Walmart (who incidently bought out our 'Asda' chain) *knowing nod of head*

sb2178 Enthusiast

Hmm... while I don't generally shop in PJ's (unless decidedly sick and easier to shop than coordinate delivery), I am frequently in running/biking clothes. Dressed, but not exactly presentable. I do my laundry in flannel pants often, though.

Efficiency, you know B) . Never mind the spectacle of running down the sidewalk with a head of celery in one hand, and carrots in the other. (# of items purchased is highly limited unless willing to walk home. Round or squishy things are easier to carry than square/rectangular things if you care to try it.)

Jestgar Rising Star

I am exhausted and did nothing this weekend. May have something to to with spending two nights with BE (Hey! Nothing happened!!). He has this thing about wanting to actually touch me while I sleep which isn't really conducive to sleep. He's had a rough couple weeks at work so I did the supportive girl friend thing and let him snuggle. Also think I talked him into quitting. :)

We'll see how that goes.

Lisa Mentor

I am exhausted and did nothing this weekend. May have something to to with spending two nights with BE (Hey! Nothing happened!!). He has this thing about wanting to actually touch me while I sleep which isn't really conducive to sleep. He's had a rough couple weeks at work so I did the supportive girl friend thing and let him snuggle. Also think I talked him into quitting. :)

We'll see how that goes.

Still workin' on that issue, after thirty years of marriage. Good luck! :huh: <harph>

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Hmm... while I don't generally shop in PJ's (unless decidedly sick and easier to shop than coordinate delivery), I am frequently in running/biking clothes. Dressed, but not exactly presentable. I do my laundry in flannel pants often, though.

Ah, now I do this alot!!

Shopping, red faced & sweat stained after a run or bike ph34r.gif ...as if *I* am more acceptable than those in pj's (which I am natch rolleyes.gif)

laugh.gif

Still workin' on that issue, after thirty years of marriage. Good luck! :huh: <harph>

The work or the snuggle-ing?? smile.gif

I don't do snuggling. Cannae bare it!! wink.gif

curlyfries Contributor

I hear ya!!!

I have to be able to move......change positions. He is too hot, too heavy, and too......confining. <_<

kareng Grand Master

I hear ya!!!

I have to be able to move......change positions. He is too hot, too heavy, and too......confining. <_<

They put a hand on you. And it gets heavier and heavier. Then it twists up your pjs or the fingers twitch.

Do not know how my J will get a girl to stay all night. He kicks and thrashs about. Even the dog won't sleep with him.

sb2178 Enthusiast

They put a hand on you. And it gets heavier and heavier. Then it twists up your pjs or the fingers twitch.

Do not know how my J will get a girl to stay all night. He kicks and thrashs about. Even the dog won't sleep with him.

Lol! The dogs would only sleep with me until I fell asleep. My cat will though. Her approach is to place herself firmly over my legs in the hope that I'll stay put. That tends to not last very long...

1. large bed

2. separate blankets

Let me tell you, as an accused blanket stealer by (well, not many, but all) aka sound sleeper prone to nighttime restlessness, that separate blankets are KEY to peace and happiness. In preparation, it's always good to point out that there is a spare blanket on the bedside table on his/her side of the bed.

Although as his mother, I don't know that you'll hand over that tip or perhaps just smirk a little...?

elye Community Regular

Oh, dear gawd.. . .. . . . .or the dreaded LEG placed atop my lower body. Cannot STAND this... . .SO big, and heavy, and hot, and hairy.. . . . ..his bloody leg must weigh fifty pounds... .

Well, my DS could be worse.....I spent one night in the same queen-sized hotel bed with him over the weekend in St. John......Mygawd..... .. . . ..he is now this big, gangly fourteen year-old who not only kicks and splays, but TALKS. About birds and math and how his hair curls too much. . . ..... . and how the Russian economy will never recover without a huge surge in the national birth rate (honestly, he speaks about this in his sleep). .. . . :huh:

'Twas quite a night.

Annnnnnnnd... . . . . at about 3 am, I was suddenly flickering awake as I felt something on my face. Jack was holding onto my chin, rather tightly, with one hand.

Man. .. . .DH's massive leg on my body was starting to seem quite welcome.. .. . . .

Jestgar Rising Star

Annnnnnnnd... . . . . at about 3 am, I was suddenly flickering awake as I felt something on my face. Jack was holding onto my chin, rather tightly, with one hand.

Maybe you talk in your sleep too, and he was trying to keep you quiet...

elye Community Regular

Maybe you talk in your sleep too, and he was trying to keep you quiet...

:lol: Never thought of this.. . .. more likely he was trying to get me to open my mouth and engage in his conversation.....

kareng Grand Master

One time Hub kept saying "The Canadians are coming!" in his sleep. Never sure what that meant. Do any of you Canadians know?

nikki-uk Enthusiast

One time Hub kept saying "The Canadians are coming!" in his sleep. Never sure what that meant. Do any of you Canadians know?

ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

That tickled me!

elye Community Regular

One time Hub kept saying "The Canadians are coming!" in his sleep.

:o :o

Dear gawd, ya let that happen and all hell will break loose... . . . ..

Perhaps he was talking to Jack.. .. . . . ..

celiac-mommy Collaborator

OK.....I'm a little rusty. I used to always interpret Soozle's dreams (miss her :( )Let's give it a try.

You're feeling more like a wife and a mommy and not the desirable sexy woman that you are. The fruity pebbles are a reminder that you have children......responsibilities. So nothing happens. In the second dream you are desperately trying to prove you still have something men want.....signified by going topless. I'll bet nobody noticed, which reinforces you doubting whether what you've got to offer is of any interest to anyone, anymore.

Now the horseback riding........whew! You need someone......preferably hubby.....to...uhh.......lets just say you want something strong and fast between your legs ;)

In other words......you and hubby have been so wrapped up in family life.....kids, work, obligations......you've lost that spark. You two need to get away from it all, get all sexified, check into a motel, and find that down and dirty passion you once had.

:P

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And true! Except I'm not sure how 'hot and heavy' we've ever been :ph34r: I just finished The Red Tent and I'm thinking Dinah's husband was really Suneen... I want Suneeeeeeeeeeen!! Just for 1 night perhaps.... :ph34r:<_<:rolleyes::lol:

BTW.......where are you going next month? Brian and I are going to Florida next month. We'll be visiting my dad and trying out scuba diving. We haven't been since Brian's accident.

Central WA, near the Grand Coulee dam. 8 days with 40 of my family coming from all over Canada!! Soooooo excited! Although I wasn't too well behaved last time.... :unsure:

Also think I talked him into quitting. :)

Did he decide??

Ah, now I do this alot!!

Shopping, red faced & sweat stained after a run or bike

Hub sent me on an 'emergency' mission for milk, eggs and bread for the kids bc there was 'nothing' for them to eat in the house on my way home from hot yoga. I cannae imagine what was going through the checker's mind, perhaps, "She looks like she took a shower with her clothes on, but she smells like she went diving in a cesspool..."

--the worst part... That damn husband fed them while I was at the store! I shoulda hugged him really close and wiped that cess all over him!!

I don't do the snuggling thing either! He likes to spoon and all I can hear is his loud breathing in my ear and his nose breath blowing my bangs around! GAH! The thought of it is bringing on a panic attack!!

Last time we were at the beach, it was sooooo cold, I didn't want to take Max out of my bed to put him in his sleeping bag so I cuddled up next to him. I woke up to him rolling over onto my face where he ended up in the fetal position ON MY HEAD!!! :lol::lol: I had to wake Jesse up to peel him off of me!

Jestgar Rising Star

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And true! Except I'm not sure how 'hot and heavy' we've ever been :ph34r:

Can we send yas some tips? :ph34r::unsure::lol: :lol: :lol:

Did he decide??

The big boss called him, and two other engineers, all with the same PM, into his office and told them to quit worrying about their jobs. So now I'm thinking the PM's butt is on the line and that's why she's treating the guys under her like crap.

kareng Grand Master

Cooper ( my dog) is in love. Not quite the right way to describe it. He always gets super excited to see small fluffy, light dogs. The neighbors behind us got a light, mostly white, Bischon/ Lasagna Apsa mix puppy. We have an iron fence behind so baby can get thru. Coop loves the 7 yr old girl, & her friendship with Cooper made the dad finally realize she needed a dog. No name yet. We are all working on her giving him a name her brothers won't be embarrassed by.

Archived