This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

Great! This is the recipe for the gordita shells. Looks right up my kids' alley!

Open Original Shared Link

How did these come out?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
celiac-mommy Collaborator

How did these come out?

It's on my list for this weekend. Things got really crazy with my sister's wedding so I was back to making casseroles and soup for a few weeks. Anything that was quick and easy!! Been cooking a lot the last few days, trying out some new recipes... the pumpkin bricks muffins and all ;)

I'll let you know!!!

Loey Rising Star

So glad to SEE you back with us dear Joodie. A friend just brought me some weed so Clark and I will partoke and watch a movie. I was quite the smoker in the old days so we'll see how much it takes to get high. Clark always wants more so I kind of dole it out. All I know is I won't care about the pain. When I get the official medical marijuana card it won't be easy to get any for a while (except when my friend can get it) because RI is only opening 3 compassion centers and the governor keeps holding it up. I'll keep you posted. Came home from taking a friend out for dinner for her BD and Tony had called Clark to see if we could take him out to dinner tonight. We're going to take im to Outback tomorrow. I'm thrilled that he called. I hope it's because he misses us and everything is all right. OK, off to get wasted.

Love to you all,

Loey

P.S. this is a copy and paste from the psilly emails.

elye Community Regular

Okay, Loweeeee..... . ....get smokin', then get on here.......! :lol:

Loey Rising Star

Here's another copy and paste from the psilly email. I'm too wasted to type it twice. Wish you were all here. What an amazing party it would be.My dearest friend up here's fiance gets it for me but he's had a hard time finding it. This batch is great (but won't last). Right now it's 1:10 EST and I got up to go to the bathroom and as usual couldn't go back to sleep so here I am. A new thing I learned about Clark when he's partoked is that there's a 10 second delay between me asking him something and him answering. I can actually count the delay.We got the munchies and found everything on TV to be funnier than usual. He also gives me foot massages when we're stoned. Clark also talks more about his hopes and dreams for us. There's a job that would be half the $ he was making before but it's something he might really like to do so he's going to apply.

Judy, MJ does help my pain - it sorta makes me not care that it's there. Yes Tony's my son. Clark said he was sick - I worry about him and Lupus. He tested positive but then when retested his numbers are all right. I worry that he's going to catch a lot of my genetic health issues. (time for positive thinking about him as well as myself - I've mastered being positive for myself but when your child keeps getting sick it's another story

I want to post pics of us but I have trouble posting pictures on the forum - still having trouble with the pixels. I might be ale to send one from my iPhoto as email.

Off to try to find decent iPhotos.

Love,

Stoned Loey (I'm thinking of lighting a bowl to get back to sleep) cool.gifcool.gif

P.S. definitely makes typing harder

kareng Grand Master

Thanks for putting your updates on here, too, so I can see them!

Glad you're finding some fun!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Judy, MJ does help my pain - it sorta makes me not care that it's there. Yes Tony's my son. Clark said he was sick - I worry about him and Lupus.

Love,

Stoned Loey (I'm thinking of lighting a bowl to get back to sleep) cool.gifcool.gif

P.S. definitely makes typing harder

Loey

HI

got your email

this is my user name on here

will try to befriend you

can't really see now as aura in happening after the cataract surgery so will make this fast and short.

HI all the rest of the sillies

guess I've been away way too long.

hope all of you are doing well.

Judy in CA now but don't even know what my name was.................just checked Judyin Philly.

Keep us posted on that handsome son of yours!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Loey!... glad the MJ gives you some relief! ...... I did giggle about the time delay when you asked hubby a question wink.gif

I've been following the email - some old skool psillie going on there! laugh.gif

Not psillie or phunny but thought I'd update you guys....

Those of you on FB will know after weeks of poor Alzy complaining of leg pains that multiple DVT's in his groin were found.

Treatment started immediately with warfarin tablets and heparin injections (we do them)

He now has to go to an anti - coagulant clinic once a week to have a finger prick blood test to see if his blood is at target levels (the warfarin aims to make it less sticky)

Last weeks 'INR' blood test was way too low so his meds have been upped. Every time his bloods are out of range he has to have a full blood draw (from crook of his elbow) . Al has decided this & the daily injections give him the creeps and makes him want to be sick dry.gif (I'm thinking our resident diabetics can relate!)

Alz also had an appointment this week about an enlarged lymph node in his neck & groin . Further blood tests are showing a few things are not right so he's had a stomach and neck ultrasound (waiting on results) and is to have a small op where there take a lymph node out from his armpit and examine it.

After weeks of traipsing back and forth to the gp's things are now moving a bit fast but I'm glad things are being thoroughly investigated.

On the upside, I think the warfarin is being to work. Today is the first day in ages that Al has been able to walk, & he's even started to get on my nerves a bit with his constant chatter, which must mean he's feeling like his old self.

Anyhoo, I'll keep yooz informed of any results smile.gif

This weekend we're still having gloriously unseasonal mild wevah

I'm running a race tomorrow - hopes me knee holds out as I'm falling apart!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Loey!... glad the MJ gives you some relief! ...... I did giggle about the time delay when you asked hubby a question wink.gif

I've been following the email - some old skool psillie going on there! laugh.gif

Nikki

I knew Al had some issues going on but so glad they are finally getting to the bottom of it so he can start to heal..........see it was

a god wink i came to post for loey so i'd know this info

good luck on the race tomorrow and keep us posted by email on Al

Judy

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks for the update on Alan, Nik. Sending positive thoughts and lots of hugs his way.

kareng Grand Master

Poor Al! He must be feeling like a pin cushion. Do young people even know what a pin cushion is these days?

Hopefully, Judy will be seeing clearly soon.

mushroom Proficient

Juudeee, it's good to see you back in Psillyville. Glad the op went well. Nik, poor Alzy, what a miserable time he is having - do hope it all gets sorted soon.

Run fast!!!!

elye Community Regular

JOOOOOODIE! How super to see a post of yours here! You're seeing through the auras.......sounds like things are coming along!

Gnick, I've been thinking lots about Al.......'tis a tough go, especially for a teen... ..thanks for the update...

good luck on the race tomorrow and keep us posted by email on Al

Judy

I'll second that......

Run fast!!!!

....And I'll second that, too.....!

Loey Rising Star

Those of you on FB will know after weeks of poor Alzy complaining of leg pains that multiple DVT's in his groin were found.

Treatment started immediately with warfarin tablets and heparin injections (we do them)

He now has to go to an anti - coagulant clinic once a week to have a finger prick blood test to see if his blood is at target levels (the warfarin aims to make it less sticky)

Last weeks 'INR' blood test was way too low so his meds have been upped. Every time his bloods are out of range he has to have a full blood draw (from crook of his elbow) . Al has decided this & the daily injections give him the creeps and makes him want to be sick dry.gif (I'm thinking our resident diabetics can relate!)

Alz also had an appointment this week about an enlarged lymph node in his neck & groin . Further blood tests are showing a few things are not right so he's had a stomach and neck ultrasound (waiting on results) and is to have a small op where there take a lymph node out from his armpit and examine it.

After weeks of traipsing back and forth to the gp's things are now moving a bit fast but I'm glad things are being thoroughly investigated.

On the upside, I think the warfarin is being to work. Today is the first day in ages that Al has been able to walk, & he's even started to get on my nerves a bit with his constant chatter, which must mean he's feeling like his old self.

Anyhoo, I'll keep yooz informed of any results smile.gif

Hey Nik- It's always a good sign when they start to get on your nerves. Sorry for what you've been going through. Do livein the land where MJ is legal and if so does it help Alz?

Sending healing prayers and (((hugs))).

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Loey

Loey Rising Star

Jyesss the Amazon, powering up Sisyphean mountains!! 'Tis fantastic.. . . ...great quad work, but make SURE to stretch 'em afterward! B)

Must say, I as well have deep, sentimental love for real-page-turning. .. ..ripped and smooshed paperbacks and texts in suitcases.. . .. ...LOOOOOVE that feel of the cover of a new paperback as I open it for the first time, feeling it yield when I push it back, the spine bending.....yup. Tough to make a li'l plastic screen open up.. . . ....and it ain't got no spine.. . ...

When will I move ahead with the times?? :rolleyes:

I'll bring extra gluten-free munchies!!

Come on down!!

wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

Love,

Loey

I found out last night that essentially, I'm a bad housewife who doesn't get anything done and I have too much fun doing things that I want to do....

I'm getting really sick of this sh!t <_<

Jestgar Rising Star

What is it you're supposed to get done? Both your kids are still alive, and you aren't sleeping on top of piles of trash. Anything more than that is just bonus as far as I'm concerned.......

He said I start too many things and never finish... Like the laundry... <_< Seriously, I do at least 1 load a day and it NEVER ends!!! I was putting the Halloween decorations up with the kids last night and had to take a break to take Max to cub scouts. When I got home, he was back from his meeting and ranting about me never getting anything done. I did work yesterday and then spent 45 min doing dishes that he could have done the night before while I was flat on my face with a migraine, but he left them for me. I was NOT a happy camper last night. He said I go out and have too much fun.... Last week a good friend called and asked me to meet her for dinner after work bc she needed someone to talk to. F..U..N....

I'm getting my much awaited for tattoo tomorrow night. That'll send him over the edge!!

kareng Grand Master

What is it you're supposed to get done? Both your kids are still alive, and you aren't sleeping on top of piles of trash. Anything more than that is just bonus as far as I'm concerned.......

This was pretty much my motto, except I didn't work.

Post a pic of the tat.

Jestgar Rising Star

Tell him you'll need an extra $300 a month for your second job as housekeeper.

And yep, need a tat pic.

jerseyangel Proficient

Tell him you'll need an extra $300 a month for your second job as housekeeper.

Jeeze--at least! I'd say double would be a bargain....

And yeah, the tat pic :P

I'll post the tat as soon as it's done, before it gets scabby and gross :P

I'm just not sure what he wants from me. If I was a stay-at-home mom, I would understand. There are not enough hours in the day to get done what I need to get done. God forbid I allow myself 3 hours a week to go to a yoga class or 2... That's it. I see my bff's for 45 min every thursday, before I spend and hour or more at the grocery store. He wants me to get everything done during the week so that I'm not cleaning on the weekends--basically so we can do whatever he wants to do. He doesn't notice if I dust, vaccuum, mop and clean the bathrooms, he notices if I leave the newspaper on the couch. He told me that he picks up after himself, and that's good enough.... That didn't set too well with me <_<

Going to a conference in Phoenix in 2 weeks. I'm excited to go! Wish I could take the kids with me, they'd have a blast.

jerseyangel Proficient

He told me that he picks up after himself, and that's good enough.... That didn't set too well with me <_<

Woulda gone over like a led balloon here whether I was working or not. You both work full time--what would happen if you "only picked up after yourself"? Somebody needs a reality check here.

Speaking of new tats--I was in Wal Mart recently and a guy had one on his upper arm. It was new and sore looking and he had it covered with plastic wrap. <gag>

kareng Grand Master

He told me that he picks up after himself, and that's good enough.... That didn't set too well with me <_<

He does his own laundry? He never leaves it in the dryer more than a few minutes? He cleans the bathroom he uses and vacuums or cleans the floor he has stepped on? He cleans the dishes he uses, including the ones he uses to get his food from? Not sure what your problem is! :o

Archived