This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

curlyfries Contributor

Open Original Shared Link

Love the mall....very cute!!!

Was that you modeling the undies, Shroomie? :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Wow, a great video! And what a terrific shopping venue for you industrious, creative, admirable New Zealanders.... . ...makes me wanna get myself down there even more. :)

...But maybe after all those aftershocks... . . . . . :unsure:.. . . . .. .man, they've been rattling youse guys for a long time!...

mushroom Proficient

Was that you modeling the undies, Shroomie? :P

Well, I do have an exhibitionistic side but didn't know you would recognize me - not too bad for someone of my advanced years, what??? :rolleyes:

mushroom Proficient

...But maybe after all those aftershocks... . . . . . :unsure:.. . . . .. .man, they've been rattling youse guys for a long time!...

Only nine last week, and they were all llittle tiddlers - if they were fish we would have thrown them back :D

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I started to write a post and it just didn't fit the topic. So I sent y'all a very depressing email :rolleyes:

xoxoxoxo

kareng Grand Master

I started to write a post and it just didn't fit the topic. So I sent y'all a very depressing email :rolleyes:

xoxoxoxo

I'm sorry, whatever is wrong. I'll send good thoughts your way. I noticed you haven't been around much lately.

I'm sorry, whatever is wrong. I'll send good thoughts your way. I noticed you haven't been around much lately.

Did you get the email I sent a few weeks ago?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

No.

Crap! I just looked and you've disappeared from my contact list! I'll figure it out and send you both emails.

kareng Grand Master

Crap! I just looked and you've disappeared from my contact list! I'll figure it out and send you both emails.

I PMed you.

elye Community Regular

Lots to catch up on. . . ...... ..great to see you here, R.... . .. ..:wub::wub:

I took care of it! Thanks!!

Lisa Mentor

Rach..there are brighter days ahead ;) xxxooo

Rach..there are brighter days ahead ;) xxxooo

I surely hope so!! ;)

flourgirl Apprentice

Checkin in again. I'm tempted to start reading back....but I KNOW better than to do that.

Update about me: Many of my Celiac symptoms refuse to disappear. I'm ready to fire the NPA that I'm seeing. The one I had and loved has moved on. This one apparently feels I'm in need of "counseling", and that if I take drugs to help me sleep I'll feel, oh so much better, and that I MUST be cheating on my diet (does she think I WANT to be deathly ill again????) Finally, I went back to the gastroenterologist that had diagnosed Celiac for me (4 years ago now), had a consult and colonoscopy. I have microscopic colitis....which explains a lot! I also went to a second rhuematologist (the first one took a blood test, declared that I did NOT have arthritis, threw up her hands and said there was nothting that she could do for me.....ehhh!). THIS one spent more than an hour with me....sent me for xrays, and lo and behold I have degenerative arthritis, calcium deposits and bone spurs. Her big concern is that the (oh, brain-fart! I can't think of what they're called)...where the nerves pass through the spine......have narrowed and are causing a lot of pinching of nerves. Explains the pain, the neuropathy....so much. I'm currently waiting for my next appts with both doctors for where to go from here. Nsaids that might help with arthritis will cause trouble with the colitis.

Anyway...thanks for giving me a place to whine and cry. I'm still working, though on many, many days I don't know if I can get through a day. Perhaps now I can address some of this......

Thanks most of all for being right here in my computer when I need you, and for needing me, too.

Jestgar Rising Star

Happy to be trapped in your computer, waiting to offer a hug or a shoulder, as needed. :)

Fire the NPA, and when you do it, drop a copy of your new diagnoses on her desk and tell her she would have eventually killed you if you had listened to her.

My mom has spinal stenosis, and I fear it for myself, eventually. Please pass on anything you learn.

kareng Grand Master

Checkin in again. I'm tempted to start reading back....but I KNOW better than to do that.

Update about me: Many of my Celiac symptoms refuse to disappear. I'm ready to fire the NPA that I'm seeing. The one I had and loved has moved on. This one apparently feels I'm in need of "counseling", and that if I take drugs to help me sleep I'll feel, oh so much better, and that I MUST be cheating on my diet (does she think I WANT to be deathly ill again????) Finally, I went back to the gastroenterologist that had diagnosed Celiac for me (4 years ago now), had a consult and colonoscopy. I have microscopic colitis....which explains a lot! I also went to a second rhuematologist (the first one took a blood test, declared that I did NOT have arthritis, threw up her hands and said there was nothting that she could do for me.....ehhh!). THIS one spent more than an hour with me....sent me for xrays, and lo and behold I have degenerative arthritis, calcium deposits and bone spurs. Her big concern is that the (oh, brain-fart! I can't think of what they're called)...where the nerves pass through the spine......have narrowed and are causing a lot of pinching of nerves. Explains the pain, the neuropathy....so much. I'm currently waiting for my next appts with both doctors for where to go from here. Nsaids that might help with arthritis will cause trouble with the colitis.

Anyway...thanks for giving me a place to whine and cry. I'm still working, though on many, many days I don't know if I can get through a day. Perhaps now I can address some of this......

Thanks most of all for being right here in my computer when I need you, and for needing me, too.

Did you tell the NPA that the GI & the Rheum are in need of meds, too? :D

good to see you back T!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

HiYa T,

Good to see you back. Glad your getting some answers and hope you will soon get some relief . . . might I make a suggestion?

...thanks for giving me a place to whine and ...

Yeah . . . wine!! . . . wine anytime, anyplace!! . . . I know some people may disagree with me, but wining is quite theraputic!

(hic)

Yeah . . . wine!! . . . wine anytime, anyplace!! . . . I know some people may disagree with me, but wining is quite theraputic!

(hic)

Well shoot! I've been trying, but it's not working for me :huh: Perhaps I should just switch to the wodka... ;)

mushroom Proficient

Well shoot! I've been trying, but it's not working for me :huh: Perhaps I should just switch to the wodka... ;)

Yeah, but you can't wodka for as long as you can wine :blink:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Are you sure you're wining enough?

If you're gonna switch to wodka, throw a little OJ in there with it . . . you know . . . to make it healthy.

curlyfries Contributor

Update about me:

My goodness! The psillies are just falling apart methinks :huh:

Good to see you T!.......with or without the whine wine. You're always welcomed here

I'm trying to be as good as possible. Don't want anything to be used against me later. I have to go to a Christmas party with him tomorrow night (sooooooooooooo don't want to!) and I'm not allowing myself even 1 drop of alcohol. Unfortunately, alcohol is the only thing that makes those parties barable... :rolleyes:

Loey Rising Star

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have multiple medical problems and doctors who don't GET it. I have Lupus, Leukemia and Scoliosis in addition to my Celiac. The worst thing is when the doctor doesn't believe you. I've lucked out and I have a team of doctors who take care of me. I do have days that I feel like a hypochondriac but it always turns out that there's something wrong. Please know that we're here to support you no matter what you need.

Last night I was diagnosed with intussusception. "Intussusception is a serious disorder in which part of the intestine

Archived