• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

Rate this topic

51,027 posts in this topic

Hi,

Last night I was diagnosed with intussusception. "Intussusception is a serious disorder in which part of the intestine

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Loey!!! You did not need that :o You must promise us you will not come up with any more of these things, especially the ones we can't pronounce :rolleyes: I hope they are taking good care of you.

Loey!!! You did not need that :o You must promise us you will not come up with any more of these things, especially the ones we can't pronounce :rolleyes: I hope they are taking good care of you.

The first treatment they try is a painful enema. If not, surgery. I'm still smiling though and feeling blessed to have all of my psillies in my life. Evidently everything I have is connected. They're all autoimmune and you're more susceptible (as we all know). I'm going back to my PCP in 45 minutes and then I'll know what the next step is. I've seen my PCP 3 times this week (as well as once a week for the past two weeks). Coincidentally I see my GI tomorrow (pre-scheduled 6 month checkup) so that's handy.

I need to go in my basement now and dig around my rewards from when I taught first grade. My PCP has had her adorable (and precocious kids with her the last three visits. The last time Clark was there with me the youngest one tried to get him to give him $50. He was jumping all over him. I know that Clark secretly enjoyed it.

One last happy note - I think my insurance got screwed up when I got on Disability. I no longer have a co-pay with my prescriptions. Now that put a big smile on my face. It's an enormous financial burden lifted. I just hop it isn't a mistake. I'd hate to have to pay it all back. Does anyone know if this is a part of disability? I'll be able to get medicare but not for another two months.

Miss and Love you all! wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Loey

P.S. I swear I'm not trying to make the Guinness Book of Records as the girl with the most autoimmune diseases. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Gee whiz Lo! Hoping you can get some relief from some of this! The fun sometimes just never ends. Sorry to hear that the saga continues....but glad that you have some answers. Hang in there!

thanks to you all for letting me Wine or Wodka or Wat-ever! Lol.....I never could drink....wish I could. I do plan on firing my Dr. office in total. They have been rude on a number of occaisions to top it all off. As soon as I find a decent replacement, and get a grip on this new information.

I have started physical therapy....working first on the neck pain/issues, before addressing the many other areas of pain. Seems I can't have anti-inflammatories or Nsaids...as they are triggers for the big D with the colitis. I've known for a long time now that I can't take them....they make me ill. (Duh). The therapist said that no wonder the other meds that the PA had me try didn't work......(Duh again). I can't wait to fire them and tell them why! I have some fun fanatasies about that....but I promise not to be "too" cruel and sarcastic. (Assume that the word "too" is a relative term).

Hugs to you all, and great health and happiness in the coming year!

The word "too" has an unlimited range; I think you should explore its upper end :D

So let me tell you how my day went. <_<

I got ready for work and decided to start my carto give it a headstart at warming up(it's in the driveway), then went in the house to grab my things, forgot there was something I needed to bring and went upstairs to get it. I walk out the front door and see my car backing out of the driveway. It's still dark so I can't see who's in my car.

I'm thinking...."I can't just stand here and watch my car get taken away!" So I run up and start banging on the hood screaming, "GET OUTTA MY CAR!!! GET OUTTA MY CAR!!!"....all the way out into the street.

Then he stomps on the gas and zooms down the street....still in reverse. So I'm standing in the middle of the street watching him and he stops,puts it in drive, and is coming back this way!

For one second I thought, "Maybe I should stand in front of him and make him stop!.....no wait, that only works in the movies." So he zooms past me, close enough for me to bang on the side of the car and scream at him again.

I watch him drive past and stop at the next stop sign and pick up somebody.

Now there's nothing to do but go back in the house.....only I'm locked out. He has my house key!!!! At least Brian is home....sleeping. He goes to work in the afternoon. So I have to bang on the door to wake him up and then he can hobble on his crutches to let me in.

So after calling the police, insurance, rental car, Brian takes me to work and stops at the hardware store on the way home to get new locks for the house.

But there's a happy ending. A few hours later the cops spot my car, give chase, and end up catching 2 guys. A third got away. And the car is fine...except it stinks of cigarette smoke <gag>

And by the way car thieves.......I have your earbuds....nyah, nyah!!!!! :lol:

For one second I thought, "Maybe I should stand in front of him and make him stop!.....no wait, that only works in the movies."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad it all worked out.

Good gawd, Leeeesargh... . . ..what an adventure.... :o:wacko: But glad to hear that the cops are earning your tax dollars! ;)

Loweee and Tareeesuh.....I'm so sorry to hear about all these *!#!*#!@*! illnesses...... ..makes me realize how incredibly lucky I am. I really admire you both.....such incredible spirits! :wub:

Three good things:

New set of earbuds

You didn't have to find pencil and paper to write down the license number

They at least knew how to drive

oh, and another:

They didn't change the license plates :D

What a discombobulating way to start the day. Now you need two sets of keys for the car: one to warm it up with, one to lock and unlock the doors while doing so.

Three good things:

New set of earbuds

You didn't have to find pencil and paper to write down the license number

They at least knew how to drive

:lol:

For a split second I was thinking "........crap! I didn't get the license plate! Wait.... :rolleyes: "

Now you need two sets of keys for the car: one to warm it up with, one to lock and unlock the doors while doing so.

I could've done that but wasn't thinking. Hubby doesn't even want me doing that, though, cuz he's afraid they'll just break the window. I think we're going to look into the electronic car starter. If they don't have the key. the car will shut off as soon as they press the brake to shift out of park.

Febreeze does a good job on car odors. Also, supposedly, lots of newspaper and a closed car works. Must separate the pieces of newspaper and, for my van, I would need to steal a lot of paper from the neighbors. The paper is supposed to soak up the odor.

There are car detailed that can wash the inside & get smells out. We have 5 cars. I can't remember the plates. Should write them down.

Look for a source near you of a product called Nok-Out. It is more effective than Febreeze. It works on just about any odour of organic origin, including tobacco, but also skunk, urine, vomit, feces, sweat (gym bags), etc.

We sell it in the store, and use it ourselves. It is awesome.

Look for a source near you of a product called Nok-Out. It is more effective than Febreeze. It works on just about any odour of organic origin, including tobacco, but also skunk, urine, vomit, feces, sweat (gym bags), etc.

Damn Peter..where have you been hangin' out? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Sounds like it should be legally mandated for every teenage boys room :lol: :lol: :lol:

At the store where we sell pet foods and supplies.

I will have to look in to your suggestions. We lost a 17 yer old kitty during Hurricane Irene, a few months ago. I still miss her at the door waiting to get in. No more kitties in this house. No No.

• Upvote 1

Emily, I think Peter is talking to you!! Don't you still have sweaty hockey gym bags laying about your house?? That Christmas tree is NOT masking the smell, honey. :ph34r::lol::lol:

No more kitties in this house. No No.

Oh, you soooo need a kitteh in that house!!! I'm gonna mail you one for Christmas!! Maybe you should let Jess get you one, she has lotsa luck finding kittehs...and chickens. Wait, would you rather have a chicken?

• Upvote 1

Oh, you soooo need a kitteh in that house!!! I'm gonna mail you one for Christmas!! Maybe you should let Jess get you one, she has lotsa luck finding kittehs...and chickens. Wait, would you rather have a chicken?

Yes! Some darling little silkies!

silkie-31230-617902.jpg

It's the best of both worlds. :)

OMG.. . .Jyesss, that is the most.....strange, and..........ADORABLE...little creature I've ever seen...! :huh: , then :wub: ......

Damn Peter..where have you been hangin' out? :rolleyes:

....Sounds like POeter is still hangin' out at Ozzy Osbourne concerts.... .. .... :lol:

Sounds like it should be legally mandated for every teenage boys room

Well, we could use a regular bottle of this in my household for yes, rank hockey/gym bags, but I am thinking more for the room-clearing wind that is regularly broken by DH.. . . ....he remains completely gluten-free but lactose intolerant and still eating some dairy. .. . .. . ..yup, I'm looking for Nok-Out.....

A reason to go to New Zealand?

http://www.telegraph...ts-carrots.html

Dear gawd... . . ..I'm assuming that these creatures are a ways from Shrooomie's home... .. . ..:unsure: .. . .... .

At first I was certain that this article was from The Onion, a clever website that Jack visits regularly and from where he's constantly forwarding me news releases. Here is what he sent me last night:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/osprey-devours-lion-in-massive-foodchain-shakeup,26773/

We have 5 cars. I can't remember the plates. Should write them down.

The cops never asked for my plate number. As long as you can remember your name and date of birth, they're good to go :) Aren't computers wonderful?