This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

psawyer Proficient

It has been unusually mild here as well. Very little snow, and what we have had did not last a day on the ground. Folks have reported seeing robins. Our tulips are coming up. It is still THREE WEEKS until spring. :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Yup, Ottawa, too... . . . ...our big national winter festival, Winterlude, that features all kinds of concerts, ice sculptures and sporting events along the Rideau Canal (longest skating rink in the world!) was jeopardized due to mild weather and rain throughout the two weeks...

What in hell? :huh:

I'll take it, though....above zero throughout January and February is good for me....

Jestgar Rising Star

I got snowed on yesterday morning on the way to the boat. It's normally in the 50's by now.

kareng Grand Master

70 F yesterday. Snow that didn't stick this a.m. Beautiful & sunny now.

Robot not doing well. Lots of the kids, including M, are having a good time dancing and playing some sort of tag games. Right now M is trying to trade a silver cowboy hat for a girl from another team's pink hat.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Weather got pretty intense here. Funnel clouds spotted. Of course the timing was perfect . . . tornado sirens went off about 10 minutes before the elementary school was suppose to get out. (Better than 5 minutes after when the kids would have already been on the buses.) They held all the kids until the all-clear was given. Skeeter was about 50 minutes late getting home. All-clear was given before the Middle School was suppose to get out, but they use the same buses/drivers as the Elementary School (after all of the E-school kids are delivered home). So Smackl was about 45 minutes late getting home as well. My friend was volunteering at the Middle School when the bad weather hit, she said they had the kids in "safety position" . . . on the floor in the halls (no windows),crouched down, heads down and covered with their arms.

Sunshine and blue skies now . . . suppose to get bad again later.

mushroom Proficient

Right now M is trying to trade a silver cowboy hat for a girl from another team.....

I got this far and thought WTF??? and then read the rest of the sentence :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

I got this far and thought WTF??? and then read the rest of the sentence :lol:

:lol: :lol: I did the same thing!!

Scary about those tornadoes. I can't imagine being at home and hearing sirens while your kids are at school! :o I'm glad they're all home.

In my news, I've lost half a cabbage somewhere in my house. Hoping it turns ups sooner, rather than later.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

In my news, I've lost half a cabbage somewhere in my house. Hoping it turns ups sooner, rather than later.

Don't worry, Jess, it will find you :ph34r:

Lisa Mentor

Be safe Janet! :o It's crazy out there!

elye Community Regular

Be safe Janet! :o It's crazy out there!

Yes, Jyaghnutt! And Jyessss, you too!! A lost cabbage in one's house. . ....:unsure:.. ..somehow this sounds, as well, terrifying.....

But wait....

It was a HALF a cabbage... . . ....right?

:huh:

Um, weird enough to lose an ENTIRE cabbage in one's home...... .. ..but I just can't get my mind around losing HALF a cabbage.

How does this happen??. . . .. :unsure:.. . . ... . .:huh: ...

:lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

Um, weird enough to lose an ENTIRE cabbage in one's home...... .. ..but I just can't get my mind around losing HALF a cabbage.

How does this happen??. . . .. :unsure:.. . . ... . .:huh: ...

:lol:

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Seriously. I've looked everywhere.

mushroom Proficient

Maybe it went looking for the other half so it could be whole again :o I have two half cabbages in my refrigerator - they seem to like to be reunited :blink:

Jestgar Rising Star

You need to add to your knowledge store the information that Butch likes to drag things around - teddy bears, onion skins, trash bags.... cabbages???

elye Community Regular

You need to add to your knowledge store the information that Butch likes to drag things around - teddy bears, onion skins, trash bags.... cabbages???

...Sounds like Weezee stories from the Psilly archives... . . .... . I do SO miss Sooooozle and the Weezee destruction tales.... ... .. . :wub:.. ..

curlyfries Contributor

Weather got pretty intense here. Funnel clouds spotted.

Wow......I thought most of the bad weather was south of us. You are north of me. No sirens here. Nasty hail, rain, winds.....school kids delayed only a few minutes just to make sure all was safe.

curlyfries Contributor

...Sounds like Weezee stories from the Psilly archives... . . .... . I do SO miss Sooooozle and the Weezee destruction tales.... ... .. . :wub:.. ..

*sigh*

jerseyangel Proficient

*sigh*

*yeah....*

jerseyangel Proficient

and pseriously Jess--half a cabbage???? :P

Darn210 Enthusiast

We just got the 'scare' . . . the poor souls in Southern Indiana got the real thing. :(

It will be where you've already looked a couple of times . . . the fourth or fifth time you look, there it will be and you'll say to yourself "Damn, I checked in the linen closet several times already!!! Why didn't I see it?"

Also, check the freezer. I had a roommate in college that could not find the head of lettuce that she bought. Eventually found it in the freezer but not until it was ruined . . . at least it wasn't smelly.

mushroom Proficient

It will be in the last place you look, Jess :rolleyes:

By the way, I want to apologize for that inappropriate 'crack' I made about tornadoes :( , most abjectly. Pretty scary things, and I hope all psillies are psafe. They seem to come just like earthquakes, out of nowhere :o -- yours from above, ours from below :blink:

curlyfries Contributor

Jess, check the (gluten-free)flour canister! I once found my missing keys there....glutenous at that time, though. (OK, it's complicated, but it was a result of lack of sleep, and perhaps a gluten-fogged brain)

By the way, I want to apologize for that inappropriate 'crack' I made about tornadoes :( , most abjectly. Pretty scary things, and I hope all psillies are psafe. They seem to come just like earthquakes, out of nowhere :o -- yours from above, ours from below :blink:

I had to go back and find what I was supposed to be offended by....by what I was supposed to be offended.....what should've made me mad.

No harm done, shroomie. We psillies don't offend easily.

elye Community Regular

Also, check the freezer.

It will be in the last place you look, Jess :rolleyes:

Jess, check the (gluten-free)flour canister!

Well, ya KNOW if you had a ho' tub, that is where it would turn up... . . ..

:rolleyes:

curlyfries Contributor

Well, ya KNOW if you had a ho' tub, that is where it would turn up... . . ..

:rolleyes:

That's it! It's in Em's ho' tub!!!!

kareng Grand Master

I think we might have found it! There's a strange smell coming from the back of the Robotics bus!

Wait! That's just a couple of Freshmen! :D

elye Community Regular

Michelle IS in the Iditarod this year! She left the start position 26th yesterday, and has moved up in the past few hours......GO, MICHELLE!! :)

Open Original Shared Link

Archived