This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

SO I had a dream last night that I was a spy and my assignment required me to eat gluten. Yeah. I need a hobby.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kareng Grand Master

Happy Birfday Karrighnne!!!!!!!! :)

Thank you Patti!

Sitting at the airport waiting for the plane to Denver! Going to visit CSU kid and younger som is habving an "official" campus visit!

tried to send this last night but hub turned the internet hot spot off as I was about to hit post

kareng Grand Master

Several inches of wet snow here in Ft Collins!

Darn210 Enthusiast

There are a couple places in America that do not observe it either.

Parts of Indiana.

Just wanted to say that Indiana does observe daylight savings time now (and have for the past few years). Having grown up with DST and then moving here, I will say that it was a pain-in-the-arse to NOT have daylight savings. People could never remember what time it was when they were calling you (Are we on the same time now? or are you earlier than us now?). The flight schedules changed (I used to travel frequently for work). Phone conferences were always messed up. I, personally, was thankful when they switched over. I didn't really care about the time change thing as much as I cared about being different than the rest of the country. I will say, it's still a sore subject with a lot of people here.

mushroom Proficient

I will say, it's still a sore subject with a lot of people here.

I used to have infrequent correspondence with a dude from Indiana who was always so PROUD that they did not conform to the ridiculousness of DST. :D

I will soon be going from quite short days to quite looong days - takes the body a while to adjust :blink:

jerseyangel Proficient

Just wanted to say that Indiana does observe daylight savings time now (and have for the past few years).

Good to know :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Oye. We are bracing for....wait fer it....Frankenstorm !!!!! :o :o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

*loud stupid chuckle!

This is funny. I am getting my bro-in-law to help pick out a generator, cuz I am so not interested in losing the food in my freezer!

mommida Enthusiast

SO I had a dream last night that I was a spy and my assignment required me to eat gluten. Yeah. I need a hobby.....

My kids are going through job appitude testing.

I remembered my testing appitude said I should be a professional athlete, hairdresser, spy. I have collected a paycheck, been licensed and insured for the first 2 carrers of the list. I just haven't been paid for my spy technique.

My son's test results... a magician, solar energy technition, and electrical engineer. (he can't be an electrical engineer ~ he's red green color blind.)

Good luck with that storm. It looks like a huge monster that may even affect Michigan.

jerseyangel Proficient

This is funny. I am getting my bro-in-law to help pick out a generator, cuz I am so not interested in losing the food in my freezer!

Us too. That has happened to many times--

Was at the DMV this morning <shudder> and the lady there is *convinced* that we are going to lose power. Who knows.....

shadowicewolf Proficient

Wish we got inches, we just got a skiffing :( Its halarious though, sometimes denver area gets more than us or we get more than them. Its due to Monument hill i believe.

elye Community Regular

Good luck with that storm. It looks like a huge monster that may even affect Michigan.

It is going to even reach up here.....we are having four straight days of hard rain, beginning tomorrow night.... Here comes Sandy!

jerseyangel Proficient

Looks like a lot of us are gonna have to batten down the hatches.

Oh gawd, ya think the phlipover had anything to do wif this? :unsure:

shadowicewolf Proficient

maaaaaaaaaaaybe :blink:

Uh-oh. Frankenstorm is all Pattie's fault!

That's what you get for being all helpful and nice and **it.

:lol: :lol:

shadowicewolf Proficient

I want a massive blizzard this year <_< we're long over due and we neeeeeed it badly. Big enough to knock out DIA for several days.

That one year (06 i believe) we had 3 ft come down in a day :blink: Originally it was only supposed to be a few inches. Of course, believing them, we let it pile up. NEVER AGAIN! That was when we only had cruddy ancient shovels. We had to go out and get new ones (eventually found some in an Ace hardware store). That year we had 8ft high piles of snow on one side of the drive. After that we got a snow blower.

This was the same storm that knocked DIA out for two days. And of course, after it, we constantly got pounded every weekend well into march.

jerseyangel Proficient
:ph34r:
shadowicewolf Proficient

whaaaat? :lol::P I lived in MT where you had snow on the ground all throughout winter, not this warm up melt off crud....

mushroom Proficient

Some people are never happy :P I would count my lucky stars -- less salt on the roads, fewer trees dying, etc.

What's DIA?

mushroom Proficient

Dulles International Airport??

Darn210 Enthusiast

Are they really calling it that?? . . . hope they are . . . and good luck to all youse in the path. Friend of mine was telling me she was emailing her 25-year old son (to her husband's dismay)with a list of supplies that he needs to have on hand and other recommendations (where to park the car, cooking, etc). Hey, that's what a good mom does!!!

Dulles International Airport??

My guess is Denver.

GFinDC Veteran

What's DIA?

Defense Intelligence Agency. They are probably reading your email right now.

Open Original Shared Link

GottaSki Mentor

Snow in October - YAY!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

of course we don't live in the stuff...just love when there is enough to slide down and provide much needed snowpack / future water to those of us that have to pay heavily for this scarce resource.

**** Let it snow ****

mushroom Proficient

I love snow, so long as I can get out ahead of it :blink::lol:

Archived