• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

51,027 posts in this topic

kareng    1,992

Hiya Peepsters--I think we're as set as we'll ever be if/when the electricity goes out. Stocked up on water, other non-perishables, and the all important Popcorn Indiania Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn and Gluten Free Bakehouse stuff. B)

and wine?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

elye    96

HAPPY BELATED BIRFDAY, EM!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hope it was phab!

Thanks, Patteigh! 'Twas phab indeed......gots me a new leaf vacuum/blower from my uber-romantic DH. . . ... ♥ ♥

jerseyangel    409

Thanks, Patteigh! 'Twas phab indeed......gots me a new leaf vacuum/blower from my uber-romantic DH. . . ... ♥ ♥

I know--read about it on da book. Looks like you're having a lot of phun wif it too :D Glad you had a phab day!

Gonna need on meselph after this storm, I'm afraid......

kareng    1,992

This guy :D is creeping me out a little.....

Agreed!

:lol: I like this one better

JNBunnie1    164

Yeah, the other toothy smiley guys was better. The corners on this one's

mouth go up too far and he looks like the Jack Nicholson Joker. Bad.

Darn210    174

Happy Late Birthday, Em!!!

I don't think you East Coasters will need a leaf blower . . . from the way it sounds, it's all going to blow into the midwest. Em, can I borrow you new leaf blower? After you're done wif it, of course.

shadowicewolf    166

First off... my tablet will not allow me to post things. Its a nook tablet btw...

alright, my day so far:

My computer blue screened

the shuttle did not show up and had to walk

the internet on campus went down for about two hours

i had to replace my student i.d.

oh and one of my classes was cancled....

So whats next? <_<

GottaSki    459

First off... my tablet will not allow me to post things. Its a nook tablet btw...

alright, my day so far:

My computer blue screened

the shuttle did not show up and had to walk

the internet on campus went down for about two hours

oh and one of my classes was cancled....

So whats next? <_<

Pick up some vanilla on your way home and eat cake for dinner?

Hope your day improves soon :)

Darn210    174

I thought the ID made it through the washer OK . . . you didn't send it through the dryer, too, did you?

Cake for dinner sounds good!

GottaSki    459

Skip the vanilla and add a teaspoon of sugar or honey ;)

Jestgar    715

Holy Toledo! The wind is really kicking up now :o Yikes!!

Was just wondering how far you are from the water. Don't drown, 'k?

elye    96

Em, can I borrow you new leaf blower? After you're done wif it, of course.

Well... .....I dunno if that will be any time soon -- I keep going out and suckin' things up with it... .. . ..leaves and chestnuts continue to fall.....dogs suddenly poop.... And YES, poop mulches very well!

shadowicewolf    166

So... remember that food and tooth issue i had a little bit back? Had it again yesterday and today. I got yesterdays madness out, but then there was todays. I had my soup for lunch and couldnt get the irritent out (had to rush to class). Came back and had dinner then proceeded for the next hour to floss the heck out of it. Nothing but sorness and bleeding. Then i got the salt water out and swished the heck out of it and noticed it did remove something! I believe that worked as its only a bit sensative with my retainer in and no pain without it (as opposed to senative without the retainer and throbing with).

-sigh-

so does anyone have a good method for getting meat to become tender? I normally buy potroasts and cut them up for soup, however, more often then not, i don't let it cook for more than an hour so its still sort of tough (thus gettign stuck in between that tooth). Any tips? My mom suggested slicing it really thin (i really try to do this but my hands aren't very coordinated i'm afraid) and to score it?

also, would honey work in place of the vanilla in that cake? I was thinking about it a bit ago and thought i'd ask (it was suggested a bit ago).

GFinDC    609

Get yourself a pressure cooker and cook for your roast for an hour. It will be plenty tender. Is your retainer pressing on your gum line? Maybe that is a side cause of the irritation?

JNBunnie1    164

For pot roasts, go for cuts that have more fat, like chuck roast. I made

one the other day that was fantastic. And for heaven's sake cook it

longer! Tell me your method, oven or stovetop?

And yes, honey would fine, the vanilla doesn't affect the chemistry of

the cake, only the flavor. It is not essential.

VydorScope    31

As expected, Sandy missed us here. Still waiting to hear from my family up north... how did our psillys fair???