This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

VydorScope Proficient

TO OUR AMERICAN MEMBERS THAT ARE NOT IN SMART STATES LIKE ARIZONA DO NOT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS THIS WEEKEND!

One hour back! If I am ever supreme dictator, this is on my list to eliminate!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Tomorrow I see the pain doctor. He's seeing patients at a restaurant as he has no power. I'm guessing we won't have to give a urine sample.

Loey

.. . .Jeez... :unsure: . . .. ..hope no one is due for a pap smear...how long are the restaurant tables?... ..

TO OUR AMERICAN MEMBERS THAT ARE NOT IN SMART STATES LIKE ARIZONA DO NOT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS THIS WEEKEND!

Well, perhaps Kween Jyaghnutt can proclaim somethin' for Psillyville..... . ...we could all keep our clocks the same around here...I'd be up an hour before everyone else, sitting for an extra hour at appointments, heading to bed while everyone is watching the news...But we'd be together in Psilly Psolidarity! :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

I went and lost all me psillly while it was down :(

Did you get yer silly back, Shroom? :)

Is no my fault...... :ph34r:

And contrary to popular opinion, not mine either B)

shadowicewolf Proficient

-sigh-

Alright, so part of my headphones died yesterday right? No big deal right? Right.

so i opened my backup pair today only to notice they've reduced the feel of them. Fine go green and all that. Then i noticed a white poweder on them. Fine, whipe down really well with a damp paper towel and keep going right? Noticed i did not get all of it off so after class the pair of headphones got a full bath (made my ears itch so its probably latex or something).

All good right?

When i went to insert it into my mp3 player, it was not working right (this was before the bath). Alright, unplug plug into something else. Headphones work fine.

Sadly, I believe my mp3 player is dying. I'm hoping it'll hold out till black friday so i can replace it (its... 4 or so years old? it gets used every day and it helps me with my stress issues).

Why now? why why why TT_TT

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

LOL! I don't know if it was your karma or not. The outage originated with power problems at the internet connection to celiac.com. The celiac.com server is in your state, Bunnie! :o

Besides, I'd like to think that I've paid my dues by now and my karma

should be bringing the pSiLlies only happy things at this point. Right? :lol:

mommida Enthusiast

I can't wait to get an extra hour of sleep! It does help to have more light during your waking hours too. People start to stagger around like zombies during this time of the year, until the time changes.

Jestgar Rising Star

I tend to zombie most of the time. :wacko:

So drizzly and gloomy here. Slept in til almost 8 - even the rooster wasn't getting out of bed any earlier - and waiting for a break in the rain to run out and feed the chickies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

5 days of 5am starts thanks to kids body clocks after our change last weekend, as predicted :o :o :o

...........tumbleweeds......

Where IS everybody?!!? :ph34r:

<---Lonely Bunnie.... :(

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Bun!!! :D

Jestgar Rising Star

Had the pirate over for a couple days. Don't see him as much now that he has a job.

Computer crashed. Never figured out why, but was able to use my disc to boot up and restore to a previous date.

Harvested what may be the last of the tomatoes and peppers. Most of them are split from the constant rain we've had for the past few weeks, so I think I'll throw everything in a blender and make salsa.

Need to make another pot of apple/pear stuff. Gearing up to sort through the last box of pears to see if any of them are usable. Already gave some to the chickens. Some look moldy, but undamaged so I'll soak them in venagar after washing, and peel all the skin to check for mold. I think it's just from the couple of truly moldy, damaged pears that were in the box.

Still have plenty of apples, but they are hardier than pears so I'll deal with them later.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Still here!

Fell over in the park and grazed my knees today. What am I, 3???

Had a great time looking at dinosaur stuff too.

Happpppy weeeekennnnd :)

kareng Grand Master

Got a Robotics thing to go to tonight and tomorrow.

VydorScope Proficient

I am here just sipping on my Cafe' Mocha in a Tigger mug while finishing my lesson that I will be teaching in a couple hours....

elye Community Regular

What do you teach, Vynscegnt?

I am going over the master list of props/costume items needed for Jack's Fall Production. We have a labour dispute going on within the province between all the teachers' unions and the government, who just passed a bill of pretty tight austerity measures. As per usual, the kids are the ones suffering, as the teachers have stopped ALL extra-curricular activities -- no high school sports teams, arts clubs, tutoring groups, or drama productions. SOoOOoOo, some amazing kids at Jack's school decided that the show must go on, and are putting on their own huge production all on their own. They've had to search out sponsors, get a rehearsal venue, theatre for the final shows, all props and costumes, all advertising .....with no help from the school board. It's quite exciting, really. |I can't believe what these kids can do with a little support.

So I need to find, in order of importance: two burqas, a straight jacket, a (fake) sub-machine gun and and a sultan's headdress. :unsure:

Here's the promotional poster I did. We're sending it to all media outlets and posting it on community billboards. Jack's the guy on the left...

68414_10151273917656043_535593429_n.webp

shadowicewolf Proficient

I just got back from going to the store <_<

I picked up some motzerella cheese (kraft) and realized they use potato starch lol. Not that that is an issue but made me stop for a moment. Isn't corn startch normally used? Bah it should tide me over till i can get a block and shread it.

psawyer Proficient

We use Kraft shredded mozzarella. There are ingredients: cheese (with sublisted ingredients), cellulose powder and natamycin. I've never seen any kind of starch in a Kraft cheese product.

Darn210 Enthusiast

What do you teach, Vynscegnt?

I am going over the master list of props/costume items needed for Jack's Fall Production. We have a labour dispute going on within the province between all the teachers' unions and the government, who just passed a bill of pretty tight austerity measures. As per usual, the kids are the ones suffering, as the teachers have stopped ALL extra-curricular activities -- no high school sports teams, arts clubs, tutoring groups, or drama productions. SOoOOoOo, some amazing kids at Jack's school decided that the show must go on, and are putting on their own huge production all on their own. They've had to search out sponsors, get a rehearsal venue, theatre for the final shows, all props and costumes, all advertising .....with no help from the school board. It's quite exciting, really. |I can't believe what these kids can do with a little support.

So I need to find, in order of importance: two burqas, a straight jacket, a (fake) sub-machine gun and and a sultan's headdress. :unsure:

Here's the promotional poster I did. We're sending it to all media outlets and posting it on community billboards. Jack's the guy on the left...

68414_10151273917656043_535593429_n.webp

That's amazing Em!!! I'm so glad they didn't give up . . . and what they are learning in the process can't be taught in school. YaY for them!!!

shadowicewolf Proficient

The 1lb bag certainly has it. It lists it in the ingrediants.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Did you remember to get vanilla?

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm pretty sure the Kraft Shredded Mozzarella I buy has potato starch in it-- don't have a bag to look at now but I'm pretty sure. Maybe different in Canada, PeOte?

I see Vyncegnt had been issued a psillie spelling. Very nice.

Ok, gonna go build a fire in the fireplace and cozy up the living room. Getting a little chilly.

There's everybody! Well, not EVERYbody, but you know what I mean.

K, I feel better now.... :D

psawyer Proficient

I'm pretty sure the Kraft Shredded Mozzarella I buy has potato starch in it-- don't have a bag to look at now but I'm pretty sure. Maybe different in Canada, PeOte?

Maybe. I have a few Kraft cheese products in the fridge and I checked the ingredients on three of them, including the shredded mozz.

jerseyangel Proficient

Maybe. I have a few Kraft cheese products in the fridge and I checked the ingredients on three of them, including the shredded mozz.

Gotta grocery shop tomorrow. Will report findings:)

jerseyangel Proficient

There's everybody! Well, not EVERYbody, but you know what I mean.

K, I feel better now.... :D

I like it when psillies are here too:).

Archived