This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Darn210 Enthusiast
Gus, what klind of toothbrush is Emily using on you?

There are a lot out there, but there is one called "Triple Pet" that is awesome. It has three sets of bristles at different angles to brush the top and both sides of the teeth all at once.

:)

And Peter will sell you one from his store!!!

hello sillies . . . I have planted myself in front of the idiot box for the day and watch 10 consecutive episodes of America's Next Top Model . . . couldn't tear myself away . . . oh well, somebody will finish taking the tree down tomorrow . . . maybe.

My son and I made our first gluten-free pizza tonight. It was passable. Next time, we'll try for a thinner crust. The extremely ODD thing was that my daughter ate her entire piece. She hates pizza. Usually takes one or two bites, declares that it's good but doesn't want anymore and then has a bowl of cereal.

I prefer shelter dogs myself . . . but you can find border collies in shelters, too. When we were looking for a dog (and eventually got JoDog), we saw a border collie at the Humane Society. It could not take it's eyes off of my son. I could see her (the dog) transitioning into herding mode. You have to be careful with border collies that have "the eye" (I believe that is what it is actually called). Some of them really need to be working dogs. Got any sheep or cattle at your house, Alex?

...Susie or Emily...

oh wait, I mean

...Geraldine or Louise...

(And just for the record, I had grandmothers named Louise and Mildred, an Aunt named Edith, an Aunt and roommate named Geri (short for Geraldine))

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast
Mabel or Maude

Hortense or Hermione, Opal May or Thelma.......

...Bertha or Doris...

OMG - Robert's best friend's wife is named Bertha.......

Susie!!!

I'm watching the news, and they're showing footage of massive flooding and felled trees in Southern CA, and TONS of snow in the north! How are you in Stepford?

Hi-deeee-Hoooooooo!!!! I am safe here in the center of the state, but there has been lots of flooding......strong winds and STILL RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: TONS of snow just an hour north, in the sierra, ski resort will have a good year. Now, if I can just muster my bad-ass.........maybe I"ll go up this year. ;)

hello sillies . . . I have planted myself in front of the idiot box for the day and watch 10 consecutive episodes of America's Next Top Model . . . couldn't tear myself away . . . oh well, somebody will finish taking the tree down tomorrow . . . maybe.

:lol: oh good gawd.........this is why I don't have cable (although that's a network show, isn't it?)....I would TOTALLY succumb to marathon ANYTHINGS.......train wreck......can't tear myself away...........

Sillies I got nothin' else!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to the mall today - - an absolute throbbing horde of people.........I was sweating........panting.........trying to artfully bob in and out of the wretched throngs............good gawd, WHY does anybody go to a mall on a rainy Saturday? (well, I had to go to Bath and Body works semi-annual sale and get my plug-in room smell thingys)

and I am off to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

From Mom . . .

I just read an article on the dangers of heavy drinking....

It scared the crap out of me...So that's it!

After today, no more reading.

elye Community Regular
Gus, what klind of toothbrush is Emily using on you?

Mornin' Peter! Gus, here. Em got this super high-tech "brushing system" pushed on her from the vet. It's angled every which way, and hell, it doesn't matter if there are several edges to hit all sides of my teeth at once...I just think it's a big game, and sneeze and jump and prance about. Don't tell, but what Em really needs is a prescription for doggy-Ativan to make me nice and caaalllllmmmmmm..... :rolleyes::lol:

I have planted myself in front of the idiot box for the day and watch 10 consecutive episodes of America's Next Top Model . . . couldn't tear myself away . . .

Don't think I've sat through one of those, although my DD certainly has...I am mesmerized by the one where a very homely woman is completely transformed in 30 minutes, with major dental work, collagen, hair revamp and extensions, into Cindy Crawford.

...Susie or Emily...

oh wait, I mean

...Geraldine or Louise...

There are many who would include Emily in this list.....Old-fashioned, Teutonic, industrious name that it is...

You guys all have lovely names....harumph. ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

I think Emily is a beautiful name :)

My niece, who is also my Godchild is named Emily :D

Darn210 Enthusiast
Mornin' Peter! Gus, here. Em got this super high-tech "brushing system" pushed on her from the vet. It's angled every which way, and hell, it doesn't matter if there are several edges to hit all sides of my teeth at once...I just think it's a big game, and sneeze and jump and prance about.

Wait . . . who's prancing and jumping about? You or Gus? :lol: Jo's got the doggie toothbrush and toothpaste also, but she just won't listen when I tell her to go brush her teeth. We tried it with our first dog, too, and it was a huge game for him to try and lick all the chicken flavored paste off of the brush before you could brush his teeth.

There are many who would include Emily in this list.....Old-fashioned, Teutonic, industrious name that it is...

Oh, I think you're wrong. Emily is fairly popular around here. There is a fair crop of Emilys at the Elementary school. I know of NO little girls named Janet. And the name Janet does no invoke thoughts of sexy, glamoUrous or romantic. It makes me think . . . middle-aged, decent cook and terrible housekeeper, you can go to her house to borrow a cup of whatever 'cause she probably has it in her pantry . . . oh wait, that IS me!

~alex~ Explorer

Emily is a very nice name and I don't think it sounds old-fashioned. I was a camp leader one summer back in high school and of about 30 kids there were 4 Emily's! In my age group I always had multiple Lauras, Sarahs, Matts and Christophers. All nice names I think.

I'm okay with my name except that when corresponding with someone who doesn't know me I almost always get mistaken for a guy if I sign with just Alex. Once, I submitted a resume that only had Alex on it and when I showed up for the interview the first thing the interview said was "Oh I thought you were going to be a guy". He was so thrown for the rest of the interview that I don't think he listened to a word I said. So now I always make sure I put Alexandria on things like that!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast
From Mom . . .

*snigger* :lol: indeed, no more reading, especially WHILST drinking

:lol: Emily said Teutonic, ha ha, a word I actually manage to use with some regularity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:huh: wait - Emily is a Teutonic name? thought it would be British......and yes, Emily is a VERY popular and lovely name now - - and NO, there are no more Janets or Susans, ever.....

My Tika - - oh my God - - not doing so well today. :( I can't afford to take her to a vet on Sunday....but she took a dramatic turn last night, she had been doing better on her glucosamine/condroitin etc. ....I have GOT to find something I can give her for pain, over the counter..........if humans can take aspirin/ibuprofen, I don't really see why dogs can't (some articles I've read say they CAN take aspirin...........)

sorry for the interruption of Silly.

BTW - Tika was named after a famous mountaineering rescue dog. :) Such humiliation that I always call her Stinker. :lol:

Oh, I think you're wrong. Emily is fairly popular around here. There is a fair crop of Emilys at the Elementary school. I know of NO little girls named Janet. And the name Janet does no invoke thoughts of sexy, glamoUrous or romantic. It makes me think . . . middle-aged, decent cook and terrible housekeeper, you can go to her house to borrow a cup of whatever 'cause she probably has it in her pantry . . . oh wait, that IS me!

:lol: excellent

Darn210 Enthusiast
- - and NO, there are no more Janets or Susans, ever.....

My middle name is Susan. ;)

And I could have sworn at one time or another, someone said it was OK for a dog to take a baby aspirin . . . do they even make baby aspirin anymore?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
My middle name is Susan. ;)

And I could have sworn at one time or another, someone said it was OK for a dog to take a baby aspirin . . . do they even make baby aspirin anymore?

Thank you Janet Susan.......... :) I"ll look into it.

I gotta stick by my girl today.....well, first I have to see if the baby aspirin IS safe and then go get some.......

Um, can dogs take Percocet??? :blink: Because I have quite a bit left over from the back injury of last summer........ I wish she COULD take it.

EDIT: baby aspirin IS safe.....four tablets for her weight, or one adult regular aspirin.....I am heading to the pharmacy this minute. :)

Darn210 Enthusiast

Well, there's a lurverly and non blurrly New Year's photo (new av) . . . why don't you send that one out?

elye Community Regular
*snigger* :lol: indeed, no more reading, especially WHILST drinking

Unless one is reading this thread. In which case, for any newbies cruising through (Hey! What happened to Erica? Did we scare off yet another one?!), it is recommended. :rolleyes::lol:

:huh: wait - Emily is a Teutonic name? thought it would be British......

Yes, Teutonic Emily, that's me...It actually is a clan name, and it in fact means "industrious" or assiduous or perseverant, some such very unsexy, puritan thing... <_<:rolleyes:

I have GOT to find something I can give her for pain, over the counter..........if humans can take aspirin/ibuprofen, I don't really see why dogs can't (some articles I've read say they CAN take aspirin...........)

Susie, I'm sorry to hear about Tika...poor old girl. Our vet here told my parents a number of years ago to give their miniature poodle a mini-aspirin every day when she struggled with arthritis. She was a smallish dog, and that seemed enough to keep the pain at bay. Dunno if there's enough power in a baby aspirin for your big gal, however. Maybe modern vet medicine has quashed the idea of giving this to dogs, but it did aspirin did work for them, and didn't seem to hurt her. What was the consensus on the thread you began on the subject?

BTW - Tika was named after a famous mountaineering rescue dog.

:lol: Like me being industrious and perseverent. :rolleyes:

....the irony is suffocating...

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi Everyone!

Took an impromptu trip to my mom's yesterday to hit the slopes with my sister. Boy did we have a blast, all powder! We skiied all night, we did the night skiing pass. The temps were perfect so it wasn't cold at all and not too crowded.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Mornin' Peter! Gus, here. Em got this super high-tech "brushing system" pushed on her from the vet. It's angled every which way, and hell, it doesn't matter if there are several edges to hit all sides of my teeth at once...I just think it's a big game, and sneeze and jump and prance about. Don't tell, but what Em really needs is a prescription for doggy-Ativan to make me nice and caaalllllmmmmmm..... :rolleyes::lol:

He is clever Emily!!!!!

I couldn't imagine he had the dexterity in his paws to write a post :o !!!....(maybe he uses his lovely rounded nose :lol: )

I like the name Emily...one of them names that has stood the test of time :)

Hi Everyone!

Took an impromptu trip to my mom's yesterday to hit the slopes with my sister. Boy did we have a blast, all powder! We skiied all night, we did the night skiing pass. The temps were perfect so it wasn't cold at all and not too crowded.

Sounds FAB!!!!! (don't know I am able to stay up all night now though :lol: )

Poor Tika :( ....hope the Aspirin works...

Extraordinarily boring slow...nothing kind of day here....accomplished nothing....have overslept...then ate.... OH!!! and LOOK!!!....... hubby has cooked some mince pie tarts!!!!!! (yum....more food....diet starts TUESDAY!! :unsure: ).....EXCELLENT :lol:

Night skiing is 4:30-10. I am tired today....we did alot after skiing last night and then I got up early and drove 2 and 1/2 hrs home...I'm pooped!

elye Community Regular
OH!!! and LOOK!!!....... hubby has cooked some mince pie tarts!!!!!! (yum....more food....diet starts TUESDAY!! :unsure: ).....EXCELLENT :lol:

Oh, boy...tarts...that would spell trouble for me. Thank gawd my DH does none of the cooking. It's all up to me, so they just don't get made.... <_<:lol:

Night skiing is 4:30-10. I am tired today....we did alot after skiing last night and then I got up early and drove 2 and 1/2 hrs home...I'm pooped!

Wow, good for you, Amanda! Lots of good, cold, fresh air and exercise to counter those evil gummy things... :D

My legs are very sore today. We even hit some expert trails last night since it was all powder no ice. When we first got there it was snowing which really set the mood.

I did not get to ski last season since Tammy was pregnant. The past few winter have not been so great for skiing in this area either. Not alot of snow...

tom Contributor
Hi-deeee-Hoooooooo!!!! I am safe here in the center of the state, but there has been lots of flooding......strong winds and STILL RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: TONS of snow just an hour north, in the sierra, ski resort will have a good year. Now, if I can just muster my bad-ass.........maybe I"ll go up this year. ;)

Whoa! Yes! Muster!

(Can't think of which ski area is down there)

I do wish I thought my back might let me try some Tahoe skiing again. Used to go pretty regularly.

Next year, right???

On to the storm!!!!!! I didn't see much but wow a lot of road closures. One of the bridges had enough wind that FOUR bigrigs were blown over. (lol it sounds like over the side & into the water, but we're just talkin' onto their sides)

Hwy 17, which I take to WhF but it goes to Santa Cruz, was closed w/ power lines down in the road.

101 was closed in at least 3 places, and the next biggest road, 280 was closed by SF.

Power out for ~350,000.

(well, I had to go to Bath and Body works semi-annual sale and get my plug-in room smell thingys)

:lol: aka tom-repellant :lol:

From Mom . . .

:lol:

Don't think I've sat through one of those, although my DD certainly has...I am mesmerized by the one where a very homely woman is completely transformed in 30 minutes, with major dental work, collagen, hair revamp and extensions, into Cindy Crawford.

mmmmmmm Cindy Crawford! :)

She actually has an Elec Engr degree! :blink:

Yum!! And the impromptu skiing is always great skiing isn't it?

Couldn't have asked for a better night! It was wonderful skiing Tom, we are thinking about going again next Saturday!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Oh, boy...tarts...that would spell trouble for me. Thank gawd my DH does none of the cooking. It's all up to me, so they just don't get made.... <_<:lol:

I'll let y'all into a little secret......hubby is a fantastic cook....and does most of the cooking ;)

Lucky me!! :D .....but it does mean *I* have to clear up after him <_< (a tidy cook he ain't!!) and *sigh* my waistline has expanded a hideous amount :lol:

Tuesday = slimming club

Wednesday=back to gym :rolleyes::rolleyes: ........a constant battle <_<

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Well, there's a lurverly and non blurrly New Year's photo (new av) . . . why don't you send that one out?

That's my plan. ;) Except that I'm the only one that looks good in the photo (the most important thing is that *I* look hot :lol; ).......Annie looks like a big, fat, potato (which she is) and Stinker just looks, well, deranged or something. :blink:

But I"m SO glad we just had those photos taken, had to get my friend to do it as we all know my camera's kaput, so......I don't know if there'll be another one with all THREE of us. :(

Mygawd, Stinker took a long (but slow) orchard walk yesterday.....smiling, helicopter-tail-wagging old girl........then late last night, started stumbling all over the place and almost......wheezing. Very alarming, but she did sleep through the night. I am starting to cook her chicken breasts to eat now....she needs to eat.

she just took a ride in the car, was excited to go......and I gave her one adult dosage aspirin, she is sleeping......but, I do think the end is near. I am prepared.......but I don't know how Annie will make it. :(

but I do know that *I* will need my sillies.... :( (mygawd, Tika has "threatened" to die so many times and always makes it.....but this time is - way different)

Unless one is reading this thread. In which case, for any newbies cruising through (Hey! What happened to Erica? Did we scare off yet another one?!), it is recommended. :rolleyes::lol:

Yes, one SHOULD drink whilst reading this thread :lol:

Poor Erica. :lol:

Hwy 17, which I take to WhF but it goes to Santa Cruz, was closed w/ power lines down in the road.

101 was closed in at least 3 places, and the next biggest road, 280 was closed by SF.

Power out for ~350,000.

:o OMG - can't even imagine driving over highway 17 in yesterday's weather!!!!! Quite mad even on a normal day - - I LOVE that tricky mountainous road but most people really don't know how to drive on it.....it can get quite dicey.......

Cindy Crawford is from Dekalb (sp?), from whence also hails my college roommate's husband. good gawd, if only to AGE like Cindy.....she looks FANTASTIC......... :huh:

Wednesday=back to gym :rolleyes::rolleyes: ........a constant battle <_<

<_<

'Tis a Sisyphean (OMG I love that word) effort, is it not? :lol:

Nik - your day today - - absolute PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!! eating, lounging about, someone ELSE making mince pies................. lurvely!

(tell me again WTH mince is.......I don't think I like it but would eat them if gluten-free anyway)

Amanda - YAY on the skiing!!!!!!!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast
she just took a ride in the car, was excited to go......and I gave her one adult dosage aspirin, she is sleeping......but, I do think the end is near. I am prepared.......but I don't know how Annie will make it. :(

but I do know that *I* will need my sillies.... :( (mygawd, Tika has "threatened" to die so many times and always makes it.....but this time is - way different)

Oh Susie . . . so sorry to hear. Sounds so similar to when I lost my Maggie girl. I knew that she wasn't going to bounce back. I prayed that she would go to sleep and not wake up in the morning but that didn't happen either. We were looking to figure out what it was and I had decided we were done with the tests and it was time when the vet called to tell me that it was pancreatic cancer. I swore that I would put her down a couple of days too early than one day too late. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter dog.

OK - I'll try to be sillier in my next post . . .

elye Community Regular
I do wish I thought my back might let me try some Tahoe skiing again. Used to go pretty regularly.

Next year, right???

Next year,everyone should come up HERE for the best skiing in North America! We have absolutely incredible resorts just across the Ottawa River on the Gatineau Hills. Rest up your back, Tom....

...And a large mole on that expanse of perfect face...very cool that she has not ever had it removed. Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Birthmark....

Annie looks like a big, fat, potato (which she is) and Stinker just looks, well, deranged or something. :blink:

For some reason, couldn't stop gaffawing at this one. You ALL look splendid, Susie.

...but, I do think the end is near. I am prepared.......but I don't know how Annie will make it.

I do know that *I* will need my sillies.... :( (mygawd, Tika has "threatened" to die so many times and always makes it.....but this time is - way different)

There is nothing like this kind of pain, and it sounds like most of us have been there. A big, old beautiful dog, getting ready to leave us. I'm really hurting for you, Susie...we feel like we know Tika. Wish I could be there for real..... :(

Poor Erica. :lol:

Mygawd....She had only posted once, and I immediately was all over her, asking if she'd experienced poodle gum recession, warning her all about yeti allergies...no bloody wonder she's gone. Someone stop me!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::o

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Except that I'm the only one that looks good in the photo (the most important thing is that *I* look hot :lol; ).......Annie looks like a big, fat, potato (which she is) and Stinker just looks, well, deranged or something. :blink:

Fat potato!! :lol:

I think it looks SUPERB!!!

Poor dear sweet Stinker - yes - I think we all feel like we know her ;)

{{{HUGS}}}}}

Yes, one SHOULD drink whilst reading this thread :lol:

At the very least eat brandy laced mince pies

Nik - your day today - - absolute PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!! eating, lounging about, someone ELSE making mince pies................. lurvely!

(tell me again WTH mince is.......I don't think I like it but would eat them if gluten-free anyway

Tis sweet and usually laced with booze (you want it now don't you??? :lol: )

This is a Open Original Shared Link but I just buy it in a jar and chuck it at Terry and command Mince pies all round please :lol::lol:

Next year,everyone should come up HERE for the best skiing in North America! We have absolutely incredible resorts just across the Ottawa River on the Gatineau Hills. Rest up your back, Tom....

YES!!!!

I have never skied (sp?) but would love to try :D

Whomever wins the lottery first shall pay to fly us all out to this wondrous place!! ;):lol: .....and I can checkout some cousins I have never met (Ummm...did I mention I have relatives in Ontario??)

EDIT: Susie said Sisyphean :lol:

elye Community Regular
YES!!!!

I have never skied (sp?) but would love to try :D

Whomever wins the lottery first shall pay to fly us all out to this wondrous place!! ;):lol: .....and I can checkout some cousins I have never met (Ummm...did I mention I have relatives in Ontario??)

You did NOT mention this!! There are only 8 million people in Ontario...I probably know them!! Where in Ontario?

EDIT: Susie said Sisyphean :lol:

Excellent, classical reference...I have such a wonderful, clear picture of us all trying to push an immense boulder up some ski hill...

**If you guys all make it here to ski, I'll make certain there are NO Sisyphean boulders in our way... :lol:

Archived