This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

nikki-uk Enthusiast
You did NOT mention this!! There are only 8 million people in Ontario...I probably know them!! Where in Ontario?

ONLY 8 million??

Well then you MUST know them :lol: (they live in London Ontario ;) )

Excellent, classical reference...I have such a wonderful, clear picture of us all trying to push an immense boulder up some ski hill...

**If you guys all make it here to ski, I'll make certain there are NO Sisyphean boulders in our way... :lol:

Mmm, yes - they would spoil the experience somewhat I imagine :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast
Excellent, classical reference...I have such a wonderful, clear picture of us all trying to push an immense boulder up some ski hill...

Would it be a boulder on a ski hill? Seems more likely to be a big giant snow ball . . . for a big gianormous snowman.

Haven't tried skiing in a while. Hubby and I were just talking about it. I've had knee problems the last couple of years. Doc told me I had genetically poor cartlidge - can you believe that? He also told me my knee caps tilt . . . at one point, there was talk of disconnecting my shin bone and reattaching it in a slightly different location. Sounds fun, huh . . . I opted for 10 months of physical therapy, thank you very much! Pretty much takes care of the day to day stuff, but I don't know if I could ski. I would be willing to drink hot choc with everyone (or perhaps something a little stronger)! Also willing to go on horse-drawn sleigh rides.

And by the way, if we do ever meet in person, don't be staring at my knee caps. It's not something you would notice unless you were reading my x-ray. HEY!! My eyes are up here, buddy!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

SHOOT! just got emoticonally-busted. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......so I'm taking them out - as Nik said before - you will NEVER know how I ACTUALLY felt about this thing or that........

I swore that I would put her down a couple of days too early than one day too late. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter dog.

:( Oh, your Maggie. We truly know your pain. And yes, 'tis exactly as you said, I don't want her lingering beyond what is reasonable - mygawd, I can't stand it....but no doctor would put her down in her smiling (only sometimes), tail-wagging (occasionally) condition.....Stinker is such a strong girl, I can't say how long she has, but I know for certain that this was her last Christmas........ :(

Guess we've all been there, haven't we........but really, you DO all know Stinker!!!!! (um, because I really AM a Crazy Old Dog Lady, obsessed with my girls, and have I NOT talked about them INCESSANTLY for two years, now????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (insert insane face) )

The aspirin is helping - MUCH less groaning - and she had a solid POOP todya!!!!!!! (I'm a proud mama)......a short walk (really just a slow Sniffing Tour here in Stepford), a ride in the car (I have to almost fully lift her now), INHALED the chicken breast I cooked for her, and she's sleeping quietly. (smiley)

Next year,everyone should come up HERE for the best skiing in North America! We have absolutely incredible resorts just across the Ottawa River on the Gatineau Hills. Rest up your back, Tom....

oh YES! We'll all descend upon Emily in Ottawa!!!!!!!!!!! Make room!!!!!!!!! a gaggle of sillies coming to push boulders up hills and SKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Best have Yeti out by then.....too much mayhem.

Oh, can we make sure your brother is broken up with that pesky girlfriend by then? And.....we want your DAD there too!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, we're goign to have FUN at Emily's!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Janet, oh listen here, you'll be MAKING our drinks - and yes, stronger than hot cocoa - at the lodge. Then you'll be drinking them with us whilst we STARE and STARE at your knees. bah ha ha ha ha

...And a large mole on that expanse of perfect face...very cool that she has not ever had it removed. Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Birthmark....

that mole is TOTALLY what contains Cindy's mojo, I have it on good authority. And I bet SHE never looks like a fat potato in a photo....... :angry: <that comment was from Annie>

There is nothing like this kind of pain, and it sounds like most of us have been there. A big, old beautiful dog, getting ready to leave us. I'm really hurting for you, Susie...we feel like we know Tika. Wish I could be there for real..... :(

Thank you, dear Em. I am okay NOW......but it is going to be awful to have to make that decision......to decide WHEN to do it..........b@#$%$#% - - I can't even THINK about taht today.

Thank ALL of you......so good to have my sillies. :)

Mygawd....She had only posted once, and I immediately was all over her, asking if she'd experienced poodle gum recession, warning her all about yeti allergies...no bloody wonder she's gone. Someone stop me!!!

*SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORT*****************

oh dear gaaaaaaaaawd............ the madness...........the sheer lunacy...........nearly spit out my water over that one............

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no, please, don't ANYONE stop Emily........I LOVE it when she - or anyone - pounces all over the hapless newcomers like that........... gahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

[bTW we DID lose Daughter of the Light, now didn't we? once we knew we COULD get teh Care Bears and the machine gun float, I think it was just all too much for her!!!!!!!!!!)

*snigger*

Would it be a boulder on a ski hill? Seems more likely to be a big giant snow ball . . . for a big gianormous snowman.

:o

Or a Yeti, maybe? Rather challenging pushing the snowball UP the slope.......will require much bolstering with the necessary, uh, fluids. ;) (hot toddies, white russians, etc.)

elye Community Regular
And by the way, if we do ever meet in person, don't be staring at my knee caps. It's not something you would notice unless you were reading my x-ray. HEY!! My eyes are up here, buddy!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Ah, Janet's kneecaps....

Think you need to take a pic of your knees, and put it up as your new av. (Just so we'll have seen them, have gotten used to the way they...look...and won't react when we suddenly see them at any get-together). Did Carla get a look at them when you two met? Perhaps she can...prepare us. ;):lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
no, please, don't ANYONE stop Emily........I LOVE it when she - or anyone - pounces all over the hapless newcomers like that........... gahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

[bTW we DID lose Daughter of the Light, now didn't we? once we knew we COULD get teh Care Bears and the machine gun float, I think it was just all too much for her!!!!!!!!!!)

I don't think we could stop Emily if we tried . . . not that I would want to try. I thoroughly enjoy her madness! And as far as the newcomers are concerned . . . there are over 500 pages to peruse . . . they should be able to get a gist of what they are in for. Daughter of the Light probably found us too juvenile for her liking and decided to stick with the younger crowd. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
(they live in London Ontario ;) )

London? :lol: :lol: :lol: Of course!

Starbucks has a compact disc now called "Across the Pond" .... it's a collection of UK artists .... made me laugh because this is the only place I've ever heard that expression.

jerseyangel Proficient
OMG....I've uncovered one more thing to add to that list of compulsory activities in Hell:

Brushing a sub-standard poodle's teeth.

Poor Emily--up to her elbows in canine oral hygene :o

And Peter will sell you one from his store!!!

:lol::lol:

Hi Everyone!

Took an impromptu trip to my mom's yesterday to hit the slopes with my sister. Boy did we have a blast, all powder! We skiied all night, we did the night skiing pass. The temps were perfect so it wasn't cold at all and not too crowded.

That sounds great! :D

Extraordinarily boring slow...nothing kind of day here....accomplished nothing....have overslept...then ate.... OH!!! and LOOK!!!....... hubby has cooked some mince pie tarts!!!!!! (yum....more food....diet starts TUESDAY!! :unsure: ).....EXCELLENT :lol:

Sounds good to me :P Mince tarts--m-m-m

But I"m SO glad we just had those photos taken, had to get my friend to do it as we all know my camera's kaput, so......I don't know if there'll be another one with all THREE of us. :(

Susie :( I'm just so sorry.....you know we'll all be here for you.

Sounds so similar to when I lost my Maggie girl.

:(

oh YES! We'll all descend upon Emily in Ottawa!!!!!!!!!!! Make room!!!!!!!!! a gaggle of sillies coming to push boulders up hills and SKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count me in!!!!! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular
The aspirin is helping - MUCH less groaning - and she had a solid POOP todya!!!!!!! (I'm a proud mama)......a short walk (really just a slow Sniffing Tour here in Stepford), a ride in the car (I have to almost fully lift her now), INHALED the chicken breast I cooked for her, and she's sleeping quietly. (smiley)

This IS good, smiley news!! I feel happier, now. I was hanging onto my big Gus quite a bit this aft, thinking about your old silly girl, Susie. Now I'm smiley.

oh YES! We'll all descend upon Emily in Ottawa!!!!!!!!!!! Make room!!!!!!!!! a gaggle of sillies coming to push boulders up hills and SKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Best have Yeti out by then.....too much mayhem.

Oh, can we make sure your brother is broken up with that pesky girlfriend by then? And.....we want your DAD there too!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, we're goign to have FUN at Emily's!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

If ever there was a time I wish we were not kidding, it's now. That would be so incredible, all of us at one of the lovely big chalets in Chelsea, Quebec (where they sell INCREDIBLE 6% gluten-free beer called "La Messagere"...delicious!) Skiing, (for me, falling--I'm no skier), sitting around the roaring stone fireplace, listening to the small jazz ensemble gathered around the baby grand, sipping frothy things...sigh.... :):)

Brett's girlfriend!! I completely forgot to fill you in, mygawd...she is VERY attractive, 48, tall, blond and slim, but very quiet. We are a loud, intimidating family, and she never stood a chance. She was absolutely flummoxed when President Musharraff suddenly appeared at dinner (my dad), and when a huge noodle suddenly appeared in my daughter's nose. But the yeti--he proved just too much for her. Dunno if she'll be back.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

Mtndog Collaborator
OMG....I've uncovered one more thing to add to that list of compulsory activities in Hell:

Brushing a sub-standard poodle's teeth.

sub-standard poodle :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hockey goalies are hot...but Susie, do not think you have to limit yourself to this sport. Canadian water polo goalies:

http://www.dailycal.org/images/art/10.16.H...lies.KATZER.webp

Oh, boy.....far too intelligent for this household. I have enough trouble with Gus, who I often catch staring at me as I go about my household chores with a look that says, "Mygawd...such inefficient use of your resources. You really need to think a little more before you start a job. And that drivel you composed on the computer! Where's all that language training gone?" ...A border collie would have FAR too frustrating a life here.... :lol::rolleyes:

Ah, that's yucky, Susie. And of course, her name is Trish. They're always Trish, or Michelle, or Cassandra. Never Edna, or Mildred... :P:lol:

OR BEVERLY!

Nikki, that's okay....mums are supposed to think that of us. But my dog?! :rolleyes:

...Bertha or Doris...

EGADS- my poor Mom's name was Doris Olive

From Mom . . .

I just read an article on the dangers of heavy drinking....

It scared the crap out of me...So that's it!

After today, no more reading.

Get your mom on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I think you're wrong. Emily is fairly popular around here. There is a fair crop of Emilys at the Elementary school. I know of NO little girls named Janet. And the name Janet does no invoke thoughts of sexy, glamoUrous or romantic. It makes me think . . . middle-aged, decent cook and terrible housekeeper, you can go to her house to borrow a cup of whatever 'cause she probably has it in her pantry . . . oh wait, that IS me!

I think Emily is a beautiful name too!!!!!! and Janet makes me think of petite, pretty blondes. Beverly, unfortunately is Olde English for (are you READY?) "girl from the Beaver Meadow' which may explain why many call me Beaverly. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Um, can dogs take Percocet??? :blink: Because I have quite a bit left over from the back injury of last summer........ I wish she COULD take it.

No but Beaverly can.........send it along! Glad she's doing better but don't like you saying this was her last Christmas :( She'll be OK. My friend just lost her 7 year old Border Collie Flash, who I ADORED, to cancer and i was so heartbroken.

Couldn't have asked for a better night! It was wonderful skiing Tom, we are thinking about going again next Saturday!

Can I Come??? I wanna SKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This IS good, smiley news!! I feel happier, now. I was hanging onto my big Gus quite a bit this aft, thinking about your old silly girl, Susie. Now I'm smiley.

If ever there was a time I wish we were not kidding, it's now. That would be so incredible, all of us at one of the lovely big chalets in Chelsea, Quebec (where they sell INCREDIBLE 6% gluten-free beer called "La Messagere"...delicious!) Skiing, (for me, falling--I'm no skier), sitting around the roaring stone fireplace, listening to the small jazz ensemble gathered around the baby grand, sipping frothy things...sigh.... :):)

I'm getting ready Now!!!!!!!!!!! Brett can come but not his yeti-fearing girlfriend!!!!!!!!!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I really love that idea of the ski trip next year! I would love to try some new places.

Darn210 Enthusiast
EGADS- my poor Mom's name was Doris Olive

I have heard of a sprinkling of Olives here and there. That one's still around. Doris . . . nope, don't know of any young Dorises.

. . . and Janet makes me think of petite, pretty blondes.

Petite . . . *******Snooooorrrrrtttt******* :lol::lol::lol:

elye Community Regular
I really love that idea of the ski trip next year! I would love to try some new places.

Me, too....I'm serious!!! (Easy for me to say...I'd only be travelling 50km or so)... :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
If ever there was a time I wish we were not kidding, it's now. That would be so incredible, all of us at one of the lovely big chalets in Chelsea, Quebec (where they sell INCREDIBLE 6% gluten-free beer called "La Messagere"...delicious!) Skiing, (for me, falling--I'm no skier), sitting around the roaring stone fireplace, listening to the small jazz ensemble gathered around the baby grand, sipping frothy things...sigh....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna start BUYING lottery tickets now........I really am...........we MUST sip our frothy things in Quebec (um, I speak French, yay, doesn't that count??????????????) :rolleyes: And what, she was SCARED of a NOODLE out of your daughter's nose????????? Good Lord, she is certainly NOT of hardy/hearty stock (that is one I don't know how to spell) :lol:

Wait..........La Messagere is gluten free?????????????? I DID NOT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brett's girlfriend!! I completely forgot to fill you in, mygawd...she is VERY attractive, 48, tall, blond and slim, but very quiet. We are a loud, intimidating family, and she never stood a chance. She was absolutely flummoxed when President Musharraff suddenly appeared at dinner (my dad), and when a huge noodle suddenly appeared in my daughter's nose. But the yeti--he proved just too much for her. Dunno if she'll be back.

ohmy gaaaaaaaaaaawd............. :lol: :lol: She is askeert of Musharraff and Yeti? Dude, she's a wimp, I"ll kick her to the snow-banked curb................ :lol: :lol:

I think Emily is a beautiful name too!!!!!! and Janet makes me think of petite, pretty blondes. Beverly, unfortunately is Olde English for (are you READY?) "girl from the Beaver Meadow' which may explain why many call me Beaverly

BEAVERLY :lol: :lol: *snicker*

she's doing better but don't like you saying this was her last Christmas :( She'll be OK. My friend just lost her 7 year old Border Collie Flash, who I ADORED, to cancer and i was so heartbroken.

A lost Border Collie. :( The girls and I are so sad. Flash......what a cute name! We are goign to get Annie her own kitty when Tika goes and HER name is going to be SUGAR. :) (well, all of this is up for debate......we are going to take what God gives us.....when he/she finds his/her way to our hearts and home ;) )

I have heard of a sprinkling of Olives here and there. That one's still around. Doris . . . nope, don't know of any young Dorises.

Petite . . . *******Snooooorrrrrtttt******* :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I think Olive is a trendy celab.......celib.......celebrity (seem to have lost spelling ability for some reason) name!!!!!!!

No Dorises, no Nancies, no Susans, Janets, Judys, Patsys............oh well. We are classics. :lol:

Emily, if you are ever up for a road trip you should come down this way, we got some neat stuff around here.

psawyer Proficient
From Mom . . .

:lol:B)

Gee, the La Messagere I can buy here at the goverment monopoly liquor store is only 4.7%. What gives? Maybe I should move back to Ottawa!

Darn210 Enthusiast
No Dorises, no Nancies, no Susans, Janets, Judys, Patsys............oh well. We are classics. :lol:

What!!??!! I'm a Classic??!!?? But I'm only 43!!

tom Contributor
HEY!! My eyes are up here, buddy!!!

:lol: :lol:

. . . .. sitting around the roaring stone fireplace, listening to the small jazz ensemble gathered around the baby grand, sipping frothy things...sigh.... :):)

Oooo let the sax player be really good! <crossing fingers>

Pets that have pets :D:lol:

<cracks me up to read that> :lol:

elye Community Regular

Morning, Sillies!

Emily, if you are ever up for a road trip you should come down this way, we got some neat stuff around here.

Oh! You have big chocolate where you are!! Where are you, exactly, Amanda? I come into the States through the border at Watertown, or Cornwall...Far from there?

Oooo let the sax player be really good! <crossing fingers>

Won't matter what he's playing like, Tom. There'll be too much chatter and gaffawing to notice... :):)

I live in Harrisburg, PA but work in Hershey which is like 10 minutes away.

It is probably a few hours from you. You mean Watertown NY right?

Lisa Mentor

Good morning Silliyak.com (with my best Robin Williams voice)

Yeah, my mom was named Doris. I only know grey haired lades named Doris.

Doris (mythology)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Doris riding an hippocamp and carrying two torches to light the wedding cortege of Poseidon and Amphitrite, base of a sculpted group, end 2nd century BC, Munich Glyptothek museum (Inv. 239)Doris was a sea nymph in Greek mythology, whose name represented the bounty of the sea. She was the daughter of Oceanus and Tethys, and the wife of Nereus. She was mother to the fifty Nereids, including Thetis and Amphitrite.

Doris was the mother of firty Nereids. WOW, busy girl :o

Today, I believe is Carla's Birthday. She's two years old today. (I guess she gets her kids to do all her house work to stay youthful.) Happy Birthday TWO You! :D

jerseyangel Proficient

Watertown! I know it well--we're from Syrcuse.

I wish it was Friday.....we have only been at work 3 hrs and I am already ugh!!!! Things are just not going right the past few days, I thought a weekend break would help....some things never go away!

Jestgar Rising Star
From Mom . . .

This reminded me...

A co-worker's brother-in-law decided to go gluten free and then challenge himself with gluten. I didn't get the details, but he ended up in the hospital. So what did he learn from this???

Never go gluten free again.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Pets that have pets :D:lol:

:lol: ...yeah....I got my rather regal and middle aged cat Lucy a little cute kitty (Will)

The ungrateful wretch refuses to have anything to do with him - will NOT clean out his litter tray :rolleyes:

That's the last time I get her a pet <_<

Won't matter what he's playing like, Tom. There'll be too much chatter and gaffawing to notice... :):)

read: drunken debauchery with (optional) broken leg ;)

Yeah, my mom was named Doris.

Always Doris ?, never Dot?

My Mum is Maureen - sometimes Mo

Today, I believe is Carla's Birthday. She's two years old today. (I guess she gets her kids to do all her house work to stay youthful.) Happy Birthday TWO You! :D

Is it her real birthday....maybe she has 2 like the Queen?? :unsure:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLA!! (just in case) :lol:

elye Community Regular

Happy Birthday, Carla!!

...How come you're two? A rebirth of sorts? Two years ago, you began a new, healthy life? These are terrific anniversaries--wish I could remember the exact day I began my gluten-free life... :lol:

Yes, Amanda, we're about 90 minutes from the border at Watertown, NY. Stilll haven't been across since our dollar hit parity, then went $1.10, and you couldn't get over the bridge if you tried...took hours and hours, so many Canucks heading over for deals. Think it's still busy, but we must plan a family day at the outlets.

I had four great aunts: Mildred, Doris, Norma, Gladys. My grandmother got Marion, the least, I think of those evils... :rolleyes::lol:

Funny...it's difficult to come up with horrid old male names. Earl? Wilbur? Ernie?...not too many baby Normans cropping up anymore... :lol:

Archived